As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Webcomic Feels

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2013
    That's all I remember. For us, it was a Thursday, yadayadayada.

Anyway you're only allowed to site whore if at least one person in the thread likes your comic, so this should be an open and shut case.

tynic on
  • Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    smof wrote: »
    I always thought Shredded Moose was that old webcomic with the actual moose in the star trek uniform

is that not what it was?

You're thinking of Space Moose

4054537_orig.png

which seems to be better in every conceivable way.

heh

that fuckin' moose

Dongs Galore on
  • THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    Coach_Brew wrote: »
    don't hesitate to direct me to where my ass is supposed to be.

http://www.reddit.com/r/mra

You're probably supposed to be here

please go there & stay there

ty

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Let's talk about better webcomics

Who here has heard about the marvelous tale of Sonichu

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • FIDUSPAWNFIDUSPAWN Registered User regular
    Space Moose is good at least.

I don't know since it mention on that page as well.

• Coach_BrewCoach_Brew Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Vic wrote: »
    My first instinct was to scroll past the comic and feel a bit of pity for the fact that the poor guy would get ripped apart by the thread. Something about it brought my eyes back, and I could not stop looking. There are so many layers of awfulness.

Shredded Moose deserves no pity.

Well, criticism is what I'm looking for actually, so I appreciate it. I came here for honest criticism because it's my desire to make a webcomic that people will publically accept. I don't need mindless sycophants who kiss my ass and lick my feet, day in and day out, I need constructive criticism to help me improve.

So just tell me this guys. What can I do to make my comic more appealing to you?

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular

comic2-2529.png
    title: "Wow I can't believe I'm talking to Stephen King!" "Yes and as I can't see what letters you chose there I can agree to that with a clean conscience!"
    alt text: gotta side with t-rex on this, a world where sunset duplicates all the ghosts caught in it seems PRETTY RAD TO ME. i don't think it's sustainable though. something's gotta give. those ghosts are getting HUNGRY.
    e-mail: Jay Deesalinger's Great Big Book of Scary, Spooky, Downright Silly Ghost Tales for Tweens

IKknkhU.gif
  • AvrahamAvraham Registered User regular
    Ah yes, the infamous scam wherein the conman gives the mark exactly what she promised she would set out to do. oldest trick in the book! can't believe anyone fell for it.

:bz: :bz: :bzz:
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Isn't this the guy who had a huge crying fit on the front page of his comic cause of us or something.

I mean I know there have been several but, like, the BIGGEST hissy.

I thought that was D20 and Older.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    curse you tdooooooooooooooot

b1ehrMM.gif
    My first instinct was to scroll past the comic and feel a bit of pity for the fact that the poor guy would get ripped apart by the thread. Something about it brought my eyes back, and I could not stop looking. There are so many layers of awfulness.

Well, criticism is what I'm looking for actually, so I appreciate it. I came here for honest criticism because it's my desire to make a webcomic that people will publically accept. I don't need mindless sycophants who kiss my ass and lick my feet, day in and day out, I need constructive criticism to help me improve.

So just tell me this guys. What can I do to make my comic more appealing to you?

Start with avoiding all of this stuff again. "Shredded Moose is, along with being irredeemably offensive, devoid of humor or any point behind its misogyny. The artwork is somewhat competent, though an obvious rip-off of Penny Arcade's style and often glaringly unrealistic where female anatomy is concerned. The comic made a poorly executed attempt at Cerebus Syndrome by dealing with a character's past, witnessing her mother being raped. It's honestly difficult to tell whether this story arc was supposed to be funny or not. This, combined with every other comic seeming to be a Filler strip of a nude girl (even in the middle of storylines!), made the comic even less readable toward the end. Mercifully, it seems to have finally died. The domain name expired, and the creators have made no effort to find a new site."

edited November 2013
    I'm not sure if an image of a man with his hand up a humanoid moose's arse counts as NSFW so please let me know if it is and I will remove it.

I don't k about u but I would not want to be employed by a concern which regards such a thing as unsafe
    note to my employer I do want to be employed w/out/r/t your opinions re: moose proctology

Dongs Galore on
  • VicVic Registered User regular
    I'm not sure if an image of a man with his hand up a humanoid moose's arse counts as NSFW so please let me know if it is and I will remove it.

I'd assume it is fine since nothing is actually shown.

have you checked out webcomic.com??? it's HILARIOUS A++ would read again

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    I could never do the Nuzlocke Run. It would hurt me too much. On the inside.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular

Leave the industry

I could never do the Nuzlocke Run. It would hurt me too much. On the inside.

Nuzlocke runs are for people who need pain to feel alive.

rfilyaw wrote: »

Leave the industry

He knows what he saying since he makes a web comic that is actually like by the public at large.

well in the spirit of assuming good faith

um

don't draw other webcomic artists as racist caricatures?

in fact maybe don't make your comic a satire of internet metaculture at all

and don't use a cocky self insert

and don't make it about videogames either

edited November 2013

I'll try to give you two honest pointers. First, it is really hard to make good comedy about something you don't genuinely like. Thus, don't make comics about feminism or sexism ever again. Try to make them about something you are passionate about, maybe video games!

Second, there is some very racist and sexist shit going on with the character design. You should seriously re-examine your views on other ethnicities and women.

Vic on
  • LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    2013-10-31-CSIG118.jpg

Chester 5000 XYV is a comic about sex. But also storylines involving capitalists.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular

In the second panel that should be a question mark not an exclamation mark.

Other than that.... nooope can't think of anything good work top notch great job.

• HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    I met the Chester 5000 XYV lady and I called it Chester XY and felt really stupid when I came home and saw what it was actually called

After reading more Shredded Moose, I feel like I just took a giant gulp of ketchup water that someone spit in

I mean, I pretty much knew I was getting into a ketchup water-slugging situation after the one, but, wow

spit

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    I met the Chester 5000 XYV lady and I called it Chester XY and felt really stupid when I came home and saw what it was actually called

Jess Fink seems like a really cool person.

• RainfallRainfall Registered User regular

Start fresh with a new name because Shredded Moose is a cesspit of bigotry and a comedic dead space.

But before you do that rethink your entire life and figure out why you ever thought promoting a sexist, racist, comedically rotting piece of shit webcomic with an art style that is utterly derivative was a good idea.

Then work to change your views so you can become a worthwhile human being that might understand what people who have respect for other humans might find amusing.

Then start anew. And ditch your partner if he doesn't do the same thing. If he's endorsing Shredded Moose in this form, he is just as bad as you.

Or if it's easier just never make another strip. Please.

• Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    tumblr_mvk3asG5tH1qd62wro1_500.png

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Jesus fuck that Shredded Moose was like a Poe's Law of bad Internet opinions.

Racist, misogynist, promotion of bro culture. Is the next one gonna be about how we should all read Atlas Shrugged?

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Man that Anita chick sure did scam us all lol rite?

I don't know since Anita Sarkeesian does have her points too.

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Catching up with the thread after helping keep dentists in business.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t4xS2PqFFA

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
    Catching up with the thread after helping keep dentists in business.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t4xS2PqFFA

Oh my god, Yahtzee sounds 12 years old

i m humble o this is a good point to permanently close the SE++ Webcomics Thread

we've hit the peak

nothing will ever surpass the last two pages

• RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Guys I got an awesome from him help how do I get that removed forever I am fucking taaaaainted.

• Coach_BrewCoach_Brew Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    We're starting Shredded Moose anew and with that, we're totally nix'ing the old formula. Satire often causes a division between what's an honest opinion and what's not. I think I need to improve on making my actual opinion more distinguishable from what I don't believe. I am not someone whose racist and those characters were exaggerated for a comedic effect. Not a harmful one.

What people don't often get is that Brew (the backwards hat dude) is a satirical caricature that is designed to point out the flaws in social trends in an over-the-top manner so obviously he's going to come across as a little cocky. However, do not expect him to be a Rayne Summers, he has and will get his comeuppance when he truly deserves it.

That said, I'm really going to take all of this into account when I write the next comic. If you, Rainfall, Vic, and Dongs all believe that this will truly help me improve, I'll believe you.

Coach_Brew on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    hey webcomics thread how's it hangin

anybody post any cool new webcomics

preferably ones that combine racism and sexism in new and exciting ways

• GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Moth 13 wrote: »
    tumblr_mvk3asG5tH1qd62wro1_500.png
    That reminds me, it's Halloween. And the fact that I need to be reminded it's Halloween makes me feel old. It doesn't help that people are all too afraid to go Trick or Treating anymore, so I don't even get the joy of scaring the beejebus out of children... Not that I derived joy out of frightening children... I'm not a bad person, honest!

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Guys I got an awesome from him help how do I get that removed forever I am fucking taaaaainted.

tumblr_lmsxp1NwTD1qayzvw.jpg

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    But it was a good post that told him exactly what we don't like about his comic. So I think you're ok.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
This discussion has been closed.