As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WOW] I guess there's an Expansion coming out this year ? Maybe ?

• BoogdudBoogdud Registered User regular
    Numi wrote: »
    When you get the 4p you really need to try it out in survival, it becomes pretty hilarious when you get a streak of non-stop explosive shots so long that serpent sting falls off the target.

This reminds me, been playing my hunter as bm for a while and finally switched back to sv. On lock and load procs should you wait for the first explosive to finish it's tick or do you just spam the gcd and let the shots fly one after the other? I don't think they stack on top of each other do they?

• NumiNumi Registered User regular
    Boogdud wrote: »
    Numi wrote: »
    When you get the 4p you really need to try it out in survival, it becomes pretty hilarious when you get a streak of non-stop explosive shots so long that serpent sting falls off the target.

This reminds me, been playing my hunter as bm for a while and finally switched back to sv. On lock and load procs should you wait for the first explosive to finish it's tick or do you just spam the gcd and let the shots fly one after the other? I don't think they stack on top of each other do they?

Had to look it up when I switched to survival and it turns out that explosive shot was changed with the release of MoP to no longer clip itself. If you spam it you will notice the dot having it's duration increased.

• sumwarsumwar Registered User regular
    I'm gonna have to stop listening to the legendary podcast for a little while or forever which sucks because I like it. They have this audio issue where in a small number of their episodes there is this loud cherping sound that murders my fucking ears and is super painful.

• AdvocateAdvocate Registered User regular
    Finally beat Garrosh on normal last night, gotta say that was a sweet victory after all that wiping on him for the last two weeks. Our biggest problem was of course the mind controls at the end, I have a feeling we're going to be wiping to that mechanic for a while longer... Oh well on to heroics next week!

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    I wish my folks understood raiding/computers/games a bit better. Cause 'we don't know when we need the computer or for how long' the day I have a raid with no advance notice multiple times drives me up the wall.

That or I need to get this job so when I actually move back here I can setup my computer properly and not in this temporary setup :/

Get them tablets or ultrabooks. Problem solved.

Had a 0.9% wipe on Thok. 2 or 3 of us either couldn't hit a survival cd fast enough, or it came off cooldown right when we died. Quite frankly, it's a good thing; at least for me. Instead of having a sense of relief over the fight, I'm smelling blood in the water and I want more cracks at the giant dino.

It also helps that I love the shit out of that fight, as melee.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Blink-182 is closing Blizzcon.

I...I mean, ok, lets be frank; is there any band 'appropriate' to close out a video game convention?

Well, you know, except any number of video game composers or chiptune musicians...

I get that they want an ostensibly popular band to do it so they can appeal to more than just an already narrow population that is interested in blizzcon to begin with.

But...Blink-182?

"punk rock legends" indeed. :rotate:

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    Uhhhhhhh MC Chris?

• HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Blink 182 would have been an amazing choice to close out Blizzcon 2004 if they'd chosen to have one then, but in 2013? I uh...I don't get it. I mean even Green Day has managed to stay more relevant to the pop punk scene than Blink 182.

I eagerly await Blizzcon 2014, which will close the show with the sizzling pop stylings of Hall and Oates.

Also evidently Jay Mohr is back to host the contests and such.

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    To be fair, Blink-182 went on indefinite hiatus and just recently got back together. The latest album was actually pretty decent.

Still a strange choice though.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Crayon wrote: »
    Uhhhhhhh MC Chris?

A guy I worked with had a tale about MC Chris early smart phones and showing up late to a show

• NumiNumi Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Had a 0.9% wipe on Thok. 2 or 3 of us either couldn't hit a survival cd fast enough, or it came off cooldown right when we died. Quite frankly, it's a good thing; at least for me. Instead of having a sense of relief over the fight, I'm smelling blood in the water and I want more cracks at the giant dino.

It also helps that I love the shit out of that fight, as melee.

Thok is quite fun as a monk since you can abuse the clone for phase 2 and still have the melee advantage in phase 1, also helps that since monks are so stupidly mobile you can bounce around fast enough to avoid the boss in nearly all instances.

Speaking of thok, I may have accidentally turned a wipe into a kill in flex last week since it seems touch of karma was bugged something fierce at certain points during the week. Instead of just absorbing and reflecting damage up to your max hp touch of karma provided you with a complete immunity for its full 10s duration and reflected everything back. It was great fun on timeless isle once I had isolated how it worked and how to take full advantage of it, but I didn't know any of this during the thok kill.

What happened is that Thok ate the tanks at a fairly low percent and went on chomping everyone he could get his teeth on, at the end it was only my monk and a mage left. With Thok and a jailer coming for my scrawny ass I just bounced to the other side of the room and hit every defensive cooldown I could including touch of karma and then just more or less stood there not understanding why he didn't one-shot me. Mage finished off thok in just as I died but I have a sneaking suspicion that the itemized dmg log, which i really should have saved, contained a few million in reflected damage.

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Halfmex wrote: »
    Blink 182 would have been an amazing choice to close out Blizzcon 2004 if they'd chosen to have one then, but in 2013? I uh...I don't get it. I mean even Green Day has managed to stay more relevant to the pop punk scene than Blink 182.
    groaaaan
    Also evidently Jay Mohr is back to host the contests and such.
    GROAAAAN

The whole "band closes out Blizzcon" thing isn't really something I've cared about, ever, really. Especially with last Blizzcon, they had Tenacious D, which is like... I guess we're all back in Middle School or something? Maybe it's just me, but I don't really "get" Tenacious D. And Blink-182, ummm, meh? I just don't really care.

Jay Mohr is an awful comedian, he's not funny in the slightest, and does a horrible job of contest hosting and everything else. Why does he keep coming back?

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Why does he keep coming back?

Allow me to introduce you to The Giant Pile Of Money that Blizzard keeps in the upstairs conference room, you know, the big one with the chairs that are cushioned with competitors' tears ?

• 815165815165 Registered User regular
    meh, blizzcon is pretty much only about announcements anyways, all the rest of the stuff seems like them trying to justify a convention

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    I imagine the reason they have Blink-182 as opposed to hot and pop modern bands is because Blink-182 will work for 60 day WoW game time cards.

815165 wrote: »
    meh, blizzcon is pretty much only about announcements anyways, all the rest of the stuff seems like them trying to justify a convention

Yeah, this is why the Virtual Ticket is amazing. Aside from all the nice in-game goodies you get (Murkalot!!!), you get to watch all the cool announcements whenever you want, because everything has replays available.

I think they bumped the price up this time though? It feels like it wasn't as pricey last time. Maybe just my imagination, but either way it's still worth it.

DNiDlnb.png

actually, i take this back

that time that kid fell over on stage and broke his leg was pretty good too

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    I liked when that kid asked questions.

Also night elf cosplayers. How do purple skin? Earlongerer!

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i like watching blizzcon because whenever someone not from blizzard talks i go "there but for the grace of god go i"

liEt3nH.png
  • CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    I really actually like Jay Mohr, but he's a terrible fit for Blizzcon. Why, you know, don't you just f'ing get a nerd comedian like Brian Posehn or Patton Oswalt? I'd even settle for Chris Hardwick or any of the Nerdist team.

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    If they got Brian Posehn, people would probably confuse him for an ogre in the costume contest.

Edit: Fucked up sentence.

forty on
  • CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    So, for all the supposed horrors of LFR, last night I killed Garrosh. When we got there, I told the raid that neither I nor the other tank had ever done the fight before and asked people to be patient as we looked up the fight details. We actually took about 10 minutes to review and plan the fight. Informed everyone that the first attempt would be a wipe, then pulled. Unsurprisingly, the first attempt was a wipe. We made a few modifications (tanks swapped general roles in the early phases, ranged dps duties were clarified, positioning tightened up) and then got him down on our second attempt. Throughout this entire process the rest of the LFR was incredibly patient, with people generally just goofing off until we were all ready. The few people that got antsy were told by most of the rest of the raid to cool off as people would rather the tanks worked things out before the pull than causing the raid to wipe repeatedly. After we got it down, both myself and the other tank (who was a random PUG) got showered in whispers and raid compliments. It's probably because the Garrosh raid hasn't been available long in LFR, but it was a nice change of pace from the usual abuse.

Got a nice shiny pile of gold for my efforts, but at least I got to preview the fight, and it seems fun. It was also an interesting insight into how much normal mode raiding changes your view of what is difficult/easy. The other tank was sweating buckets about what he had to do (taunt swap, positioning mostly), while for myself once I saw how the fight was supposed to work, it was a fairly low-key fight. No where near as much responsibility as Lei Shen.

• sumwarsumwar Registered User regular
    LFR was tough for the first few weeks but it's easier. It's no surprise, it takes a ilvl 496 player 4 weeks to get at least 15 ilvls if not 20 in SoO LFR if they're doing it every week and capping valor. Also it takes time to learn fights. LFR isn't super hard anymore.

Oh god, I forgot about that... And also, who can forget Red Shirt Guy? Dude's a hero! Even has his own npc in game.

DNiDlnb.png
  • PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    LFR also entirely depends on the people. It can be a beautiful and energizing thing when random people get together and get shit done. And then, it can be a test of patience--nay, of faith itself--as you randomly pop halfway into a dungeon with 3 stacks of determination and watch a bunch of whiny brats hurl insults at each other and stacking 7+....You know no matter how uncoordinated the freaking jerkhats are with one or two more stacks its a done deal anyway but you just don't know if you can last that long without contemplating suicide.

Also, g'damn it. Just did all of the first wing of SoO on my balance druid for the first time. Two seals on the relevant bosses and nuthing. Nadda. No loot from the entire wing. Not even a single sigil. ffs.

“There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    If you get someone in LFR who is willing to raid lead, who actually gets passed leader/assist from one of the two tanks (or is a tank), and a raid who is willing to listen to said person, then it'll work out okay. Generally though (especially as the week progresses) no one wants to step up or no one wants to listen so shit goes bad.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Tenacious D is the closest we've gotten to an "appropriate" closing act for Blizzcon.

YL9WnCY.png
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Crayon wrote: »
    I really actually like Jay Mohr, but he's a terrible fit for Blizzcon. Why, you know, don't you just f'ing get a nerd comedian like Brian Posehn or Patton Oswalt? I'd even settle for Chris Hardwick or any of the Nerdist team.

They actually had Patton come out for one of the Blizzcons. Wrath's, if I'm not mistaken. He did a great job and managed to do some geek material while not making the whole set about how the entire audience is made up of career masturbators.

I told a friend of mine last night that Nickelback will be the closing act for 2023. What's worrisome is I'm probably pretty close to that being true.

• BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    So my flex guild one shot everyone in the first SoO wing, and had a couple tries on Galakros (sp?). The one with the towers and waves.

We got the first tower down ok, but the 3rd mini boss was out there waaaaaaay too long and we healers eventually ran out of steam. I think the DPS was mostly ignoring him after the siege engine came down after the 1st tower was captured or whatever.

The second Demo typically dies faster than the first one, when we do Galakras. We initially had issues where we sent an extra DPS on the first tower, and he was mistakenly running up the second tower as well. Make sure you didn't have too many people running up the tower. Depending on how big your Flex group was, you shouldn't need more than 4-5 (1 tank and 1 heal) for the second tower.

Also, it could be that your tower team was just too slow on DPS. Make sure they are cleaving as much as possible, to burn the adds down. The tank can move the tower boss to the group of ranged adds without a problem.

I think I saw that in person the one year I went but there was also the question that was asked of Felicia Day I also got the untrustful eye from her when I walked by a few times in front of her

The song I sing now when it's a full moon
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApFdvJ1X4-c

I saw a lot of people bumming it in the bushes and such but then I see this at a lot of the cons and things I have been to
    A lot of wild green Macaws and graffiti written on leaves!

And yes I met people from Windrunner and scared the crap out of them I guess since a lot of them really had no idea what to say to me when I said Hi I am Katherissi as best I can undertand how you say that

But then I also think that was one hell of a Sad concert from Ozzy he came out with his usual act of getting fucking ready and everyone was sitting down
    I really got bored with it and ran off to play with a worgen again

holy fuck

that felicia day question

jesus fucking christ what is wrong with everything

holy fuck

that felicia day question

jesus fucking christ what is wrong with everything

People.........

Really I have the common sense to never ask that of anyone but there are people to lack that

I saw that the year it happened and loled. Part of me hopes she isn't that gullible anymore, but I'm not holding out hope.

It's a convention of people who paid good money to go hear about a video game.

You throw in a cute girl who acts in a make-believe web series to be one of them - and yea - you are gonna get off color questions.

I really wanted to ask her about her Webseries of the time and some other questions about what she thought about people creating their own webseries but I lost the nerve after that

I was half asleep when that question was asked and it did wake me up with a wtf seriously

In Felicia's defense, her YT channel is pretty awesome. I watch the episodes of her and her brother playing old console games together, pretty much weekly.

Well I wasn't trying to disparage her or anything. Just pointing out the situation - out of a packed conference hall like that, some idiot is bound to get ahold of the mic.

This discussion has been closed.