As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Where are you from? It's time for the PAX Map!

• Options
    Structural MechanicStructural Mechanic Tennessee, USARegistered User new member
    Knoxville Tennessee, four of us from here and a few from L.A. will meet up at Logan for PAX this year!

I've been to PAX East three times and Prime once, but I've never actually posted here at PA before!

Decided that I'd become more of a community type, the atmosphere of PAX has always been great, and I've heard that the online community is more or less the same.

• Options
    GeekyPanda404GeekyPanda404 The Geeky Panda ConnecticutRegistered User regular
    Submitted. @GeekyPanda404, we live very, very close to each other.

Define very because I have a gut feeling it might be Norwich right?

mYPBAfl.jpg
  • Options
    xenardxenard Registered User regular
    Submitted! From Washington DC

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
  • Options
    PatakunPatakun Nova ScotiaRegistered User new member
    This is my very first PAX :D I'm coming by plane from Halifax, NS. I can't wait!

• Options
    THEFADEDONETHEFADEDONE South DakotaRegistered User regular
    SOUTH DAKOTA

• Options
    GrimRupertGrimRupert Registered User regular
    Added my location with frightening accuracy in the Philadelphia suburbs.

I'm a website!
    PAX East 2014 Checklist:
    [X] - Pre-registered | [ ] - Train tickets | [ ] - Time Off
  • Options
    TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    I added myself, even though I haven't been able to confirm that I'll be able to take the time off work.

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
  • Options
    DhaosDhaos Registered User new member
    Greetings from south of the border! :D
    Four people coming from Mexico, for 2 of us it'll be the second time, the others are first comers. We hope to have as much fun as last time!

• Options
    Lnrt87Lnrt87 KansasRegistered User regular
    This is my first PAX and I am from the middle of nowhere Kansas. Dorothy is my neighbor and Courage the cowardly dog lives down the road.

• Options
    LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    I am, naturally, traveling from the best part of Canada (and thus, by logical extension, the best part of North America): Montreal. By car naturally, for we are the road warriors

Legal disclaimer :We are not actually the road warriors. We're 5 schmucks in a minivan, blasting Adam Warrock, AC/DC and Muse the entire way.

LoonyEclipse on
    My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    He's from Quebec forgive him his delusions ... poor boy

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Having spent 2 weeks in NL for work one February, and having fought through multiple white-out snowstorms in my time there, I'd say any delusions I have were brought on purely from the madness of your weather patterns, my good man. :)

LoonyEclipse on
    My pin lanyard

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    Well Feb is our storm season so that is not unexpected ... but I would think the George Street drink is more responsible .... :lol:

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • Options
    Sadly, spent very little time in St-Johns. Most of it was driving from fishing town to fishing town to interview folks about the seal hunt - I'm a former market researcher.

My pin lanyard

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    I am sure that was fun lol .... especially in February ... from a driving perspective I would have thought there are better times of year to be doing that ... weather is spotty at best that time of year.

• Options
    We had to catch them between fishing/hunting seasons (or so I was told), since a lot of them do the seal hunt as a supplement to their fishing incomes. It was an educational trip for me, actually. I'll say this about Newfoundland: beautiful province, warm and welcoming people...but I've had my fill of it for a while *g*.

My pin lanyard

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    randy_wreckedrandy_wrecked Gunslinger Harrisburg, PARegistered User regular
    Submitted! I'll be taking the Sonic Line again this year, boarding in Harrisburg, PA, and connecting with the bigger group in Philly.

Video Game Hangover is a podcast for gamers who overindulge.
    Put it in your ear holes.
  • Options
    TripleozeroTripleozero Registered User regular
    Atlanta sure is looking lonely down there all by itself.

• Options
    scrattatatscrattatat BostonRegistered User regular
    I get to be local to both Prime and East this year! Hooray for moving every few months.

... Now I just need to get a job/school in Australia and I'll be set.

a4VADIl.png eDL5zgd.png
  • Options
    nsanensane That guy with the face. Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    Atlanta sure is looking lonely down there all by itself.

If it's any consolation, I'll be flying out of Atlanta. I'm meeting a friend of mine there and it's almost equidistant between us. It might be closer to Nashville from here, but Atlanta is much nicer.

EDIT: It's actually closer to Atlanta. I wouldn't have guessed that.

nsane on
    wK2XwhV.png
    PAX East 2018: Passes [X], Hotel [X], Airfare [], coin []
  • Options
    sirmrejsirmrej Seattle areaRegistered User regular
    So far it's just me and @JobiwanKenobi who are idiotic enough to fly from Seattle to Boston. Cuz one PAX is not enough, but Aus plane tickets are expensive.

• Options
    cardkid123cardkid123 Registered User regular
    Realized it would only cost me 148 for a round trip plane ticket. Looks like I'm flying after all.

• Options
    PirateRejectPirateReject Registered User regular
    Out of Phoenix. :) 270 round trip, thank you Jet Blue!

• Options
    VGVideoGalaxyVGVideoGalaxy Northern VirginiaRegistered User regular
    $150 round trip from Washington-Dulles via Jet Blue. Pretty good rate!

• Options
    edited October 2013
    I wish I could get rates like that ... I am looking at $1500 for two tickets round trip ... not counting baggage fees.

aBByNormaL on
  • Options
    teriwynteriwyn Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    $150 round trip from Washington-Dulles via Jet Blue. Pretty good rate!

Yeah, we really considered flying, since the prices were so good... but we decided it might be fun to experience the train, and it's about the same price.

• Options
    cardkid123cardkid123 Registered User regular
    I would take the train in if we got a group of people from here to also take the train. But staying at the renaissance, I think I will meet a bunch of different people anyways.

• Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    Just submitted. Resident of SE London, UK :)

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    goatbertgoatbert Alexandria, VaRegistered User regular
    Just submitted from Alexandria, VA. I've been to every one of these and can't wait for this one.

I've even got a script that keeps the number of days on my desktop, haha.

• Options
    TeganJTeganJ Puget SoundRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    sirmrej wrote: »
    So far it's just me and @JobiwanKenobi who are idiotic enough to fly from Seattle to Boston. Cuz one PAX is not enough, but Aus plane tickets are expensive.

Our pin isn't up there yet, but we're in the Olympia area, so my husband and I will be flying out of Seattle or Portland to Boston.

TeganJ on
    PAX West 2016: Badges [x] Pre-PAX Dinner: [x] TWDT: [x] Slytherin DE House Elf Cookies baked for Cookie Brigade: TBD August 2016
  • Options
    hobbseltoffhobbseltoff Issaquah, WARegistered User regular
    TeganJ wrote: »
    sirmrej wrote: »

Our pin isn't up there yet, but we're in the Olympia area, so my husband and I will be flying out of Seattle or Portland to Boston. Now I'm just waiting for Southwest to open up their dates past August to see what their prices will be.

Flying out of the Seattle area as well.

row1.pngrow2.png
  • Options
    imnotalawyerimnotalawyer Registered User regular
    Pin is not up there yet but I am making the long haul from New Haven, Connecticut ;)

faPgNTD
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Updated! There are now 208 markers on the map :)

• Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    Needs more Ontario in this thread.

Know why all of Alberta's trees point east?
    Because Toronto sucks.

• Options
    vickinatorvickinator Cookie Brigade Organizer :) New YorkRegistered User regular
    Just submitted the form. I currently live in Bridgeport, Connecticut but before that, I lived on Long Island, New York. We'll be driving. :)

• Options
    imnotalawyerimnotalawyer Registered User regular
    vickinator wrote: »
    Just submitted the form. I currently live in Bridgeport, Connecticut but before that, I lived on Long Island, New York. We'll be driving. :)

Woooo - my sister lives in the City Trust apartments (by the big People's Bank building). I am making the drive on Thursday from New Haven with my girlfriend.

faPgNTD
  • Options
    gwidiongwidion Registered User regular
    Taking the 86 from Baltimore!

• Options
    drezbane07drezbane07 Registered User new member
    Newfane VT and my gf will be attending her first pax coming from Tucson AZ

• Options
    OfficeZombieOfficeZombie Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Toronto, driving, first pax

OfficeZombie on
  • Options
    slowbirdslowbird Registered User new member
    Western PA here (not too far from Pittsburgh) ready for my third PAX East in a row! :D