As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW] I guess there's an Expansion coming out this year ? Maybe ?

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    It's cool; I wasn't calling anyone a baddie.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    sumwar wrote: »
    LFR was tough for the first few weeks but it's easier. It's no surprise, it takes a ilvl 496 player 4 weeks to get at least 15 ilvls if not 20 in SoO LFR if they're doing it every week and capping valor. Also it takes time to learn fights. LFR isn't super hard anymore.
    Well, there have also been a battery of explicit nerfs by Blizzard since that time...

• Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    Any current wisdom for fast leveling 85-90? Should I just put my head down and grind quests or are there any outs like grinding the little guys on Timeless Isle or the (as I understand it) now nerfed Dooker dome. I'll be strictly solo.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Any current wisdom for fast leveling 85-90? Should I just put my head down and grind quests or are there any outs like grinding the little guys on Timeless Isle or the (as I understand it) now nerfed Dooker dome. I'll be strictly solo.

Questing is generally the best way to go and to do a few dungeons here and there to break up the monotony and to get the quest XP from them.

I don't really know any 'tricks' like the monkey farming or whatever, but I have 11 90's now and the biggest thing for me was always having rest.

Also at 89 I would go around Pandaria on each character and do all of the Riches of Pandaria items; if you get them all it gets you more than 1/2 way through 89 and you'll probably see a lot of rare monsters along the way which also give a huge chunk of xp each. (I usually could get 2/3 of the level just this way) There's a bug with the riches items though that they eat rest xp but don't actually give rest xp bonus, so if you don't have a full level of rest, make sure you get enough xp to get your rest marker off the bar and then start them or you will eat up all your rest and waste it for that last level.

But 85-89, just quest and do the leveling dungeons at least once each for quest xp like I said.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    it's worth doing dungeons once to knock out the quests, but not really worthwhile after that aside from maybe one a day for the bonus exp.

I don't know if the exp from the monkeys in brewery got nerfed or not, but it used to be a pretty great way to knock out the last couple levels.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    also what happened, did somebody ask felicia day to show us her tits or something

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    It was a carpet/drapes question concerning the red hair.

Bigity on
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    So, MMO-Champion is reporting that the new expansion is likely called "Warlords of Draenor".

From a thread posted yesterday on their forums (before Blizz filed the trademark today), it's likely involves lots of time travel:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1376503-Wow-Want-to-know-what-happens-next

Assuran on
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Finally to level 100 perhaps?

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    The monkey farming is to go to the Stormstout Brewery on normal mode, pull all of the monkeys up to the first boss and AE them all down. Then run out, reset the instance and do it all again. You get several million (I think) xp per run.

Also, at 88+, back when I leveled my last 90 alt, you got more xp per kill, killing non-elites in Dread Wastes than you got killing elites in the leveling dungeons.

Caedwyr on
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Assuran wrote: »
    So, MMO-Champion is reporting that the new expansion is likely called "Warlords of Draenor".

From a thread posted yesterday on their forums (before Blizz filed the trademark today), it's likely involves lots of time travel:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1376503-Wow-Want-to-know-what-happens-next

The thread also talks about the dark below as if it were a real thing, which it isn't.

So I'm not buying any of that.

I mean, I'm still pretty confident that the xpack is going to be demon/draenei/eredar based, so the title could be accurate, but the rest?

Meh.

EDIT: I mean, here's a thread with zero sources and using already discredited information and suddenly a trademark appears? Nah.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    Shit! I better post my insider information about the next expansion on MMO-Champion since BlizzCon is coming up.

To protect my source, I'll just let you know his name rhymes with Metzen.

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    It could always be a hoax, but if so, then the hoaxer had someone everyone knows has insider information fall for it.

I'm not saying the rest of the stuff is true (and hopefully, it isn't, IMHO), but the name seems legit in Boub's eyes. Which is good enough for me.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I'm not the greatest fan of Boub, but w/e

• Options
    Despite my disbelief, I will say I get a bit of a chubby thinking about being able to do transmog without needing to hold onto the gear; getting like an account (or even character I guess) based 'wardrobe' for gear you just unlock like pets/mounts.

That would be incredible, and fix some of the inventory issues too.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    If Warlords of Draenor is the expansion, I imagine we'll either time travel to pre-destruction Outland or find new high level areas of Outland previously left undetected by magic. Maybe both.

Hopefully they do a little something about Hellfire Peninsula. The quest flow is pretty decent but it's visually very bleak and boring zone, they could spruce it up a bit.

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    I wonder if it's going to be a cycle:

Outland
    Northrend
    EK/Kalimdor revamp
    Something batshit crazy
    Outland revamp
    Northrend revamp
    etc

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    as with 'the dark below,' it could be anything (including blizzard misdirection.) Historically a lot of things have 'seemed legit' according to mmo-champion.

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    pssh, please

everyone knows the next expac is corgis unleashed, cmon now.

No but really, if "Warlords of Draenor" is the next expac, pretty impressed that Blizz managed to hold onto that for so long. They normally trademark things ~2 months before Blizzcon. This is like... 1 week before.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    As much as I hate to say it, the guy running MMO Champion throwing his weight behind this trademark makes me think it has a high chance of being real.

And frankly, what it implies excites me. If it's true, and lives up to the implication, fuck me forever I will resub to WoW. :(

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    what this one has going in its favour is that the warlords of draenor url was trademarked at the start of october

i don't know if everything about the leak is correct (not being able to call grom grom because of legal reasons sounds like "whaaaat" and something made up) but the name feels potential

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    sumwarsumwar Registered User regular
    Ya the legal name reason makes me skeptical. Other than that I have a ton of faith in Boubille or however you spell that to be correct he has a history of knowing stuff and because he runs that website I can see a Blizzard employee leaking stuff to him.

• Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    So, I've been playing Hearthstone, and it's got me itching to give WoW another crack.

What's the cheapest way to get into the game now? My account had an expired starter thingy. Do I seriously need to pay ~$50 to try WoW these days (unless a make a new account, which would suck)?

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Pretty sure the battle chest is $20 and gets you everything up through Catalcysm and probably a free month to boot.

EDIT: This

EDIT THE SECOND: OOOO OOOO Let me recruit-a-friend you!

Dr_Keenbean on
  • Options
    My understanding is that first link is only for the base game, and I'd have to buy Mist's eventually for $30.

Tell me more about recruitment?

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Isn't RAF disabled for a little bit while they set up the new in-game stuff?

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    Grom is a Honda trademark.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i don't know how much trademarks apply to fiction names

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    I'm pretty excited to see what the eff were going to be doing if the whole time travel with grom as a villain story is the premise for the expac

unless were going back to cockblock him and prevent garrosh, that'd make sense

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Hasn't the Bronze Dragonflight like, lost the majority of their time travelling power after Nozdormu lost his powers? I thought they could see the different timelines and stuff, but couldn't travel there any more.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Bigity wrote: »
    Well I wasn't trying to disparage her or anything. Just pointing out the situation - out of a packed conference hall like that, some idiot is bound to get ahold of the mic.
    I found the most shocking thing to be that she apparently had no idea what that expression meant.

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    Hasn't the Bronze Dragonflight like, lost the majority of their time travelling power after Nozdormu lost his powers? I thought they could see the different timelines and stuff, but couldn't travel there any more.

yeah, it's a pretty confusing rumour, the whole going back to pre shattered draenor thing

• Options
    edited November 2013
    My understanding is that first link is only for the base game, and I'd have to buy Mist's eventually for $30.

Tell me more about recruitment?

The base game contains Vanilla, BC, Wrath, and Cataclysm now.

And I think MoP is on sale for $20 out there. My boss just bought a copy.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/10/16/world-of-warcrafts-base-package-now-includes-cataclysm/

Dr_Keenbean on
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    also, it's a few weeks away, but on black friday gamestop will be selling the base game for $5 and Mists for $10 (prob most others places too)

I'm thinking of grabbing a few just to get the RAF rewards & maybe sucker a couple friends into playing

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular

I think timeless isle is doable, but only for pet classes. Saw an 86 hunter grinding non elites.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Despite my disbelief, I will say I get a bit of a chubby thinking about being able to do transmog without needing to hold onto the gear; getting like an account (or even character I guess) based 'wardrobe' for gear you just unlock like pets/mounts.

That would be incredible, and fix some of the inventory issues too.

He'll, I'd be happy with Rift-style wardrobe outfit pages.

But I'd bet that if this time travel story is real, it'll involve the Timeless Isle somehow.

Can't be coincidence this temporal anomaly shows up and the bronze pop a collective wingboner over it.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    Bigity wrote: »
    Well I wasn't trying to disparage her or anything. Just pointing out the situation - out of a packed conference hall like that, some idiot is bound to get ahold of the mic.
    I found the most shocking thing to be that she apparently had no idea what that expression meant.

Yea that was puzzling as well.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Havent seen the video but she could just be in disbelief that it was asked or trying to get the guy to say it out and embarrass him right back.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    also, it's a few weeks away, but on black friday gamestop will be selling the base game for $5 and Mists for $10 (prob most others places too)

I'm thinking of grabbing a few just to get the RAF rewards & maybe sucker a couple friends into playing

This is awesome! While it's unfortunate that it's not right now, I'd rather wait and save the money.

Convinced my wife this was a good idea, too.

• Options
    So is the new recruit a friend thing actually active with 5.4.1?

Depending on requirements I might be interested in buying some black friday copies of the game since no one on earth doesn't have an account for WoW already.

This discussion has been closed.