As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

You're lying, dammit! And I can prove it!! [Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney]

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    wait wait wait

since when was Fulbright spelled with one l

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    yeeeeikes some of this late case 5 logic is janky as hell
    Phoenix: The killer lept out of a moving launch platform onto a rope ladder 20 feet away!

Literally Everyone Else: that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard! You'd have to not feel fear to do that!

Phoenix: the culprit of a completely different case is known to not feel fear! He must be the killer!

Or, you know

your theory is just dumb as shit and you're taking a coincidence as proof

Edgeworth even presents a way more likely escape route for the phantom, the thing that I was assuming: that he found a hiding place in the museum until it opened up to the public again and then strolled out amidst the crowd

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    yeeeeikes some of this late case 5 logic is janky as hell
    Phoenix: The killer lept out of a moving launch platform onto a rope ladder 20 feet away!

Literally Everyone Else: that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard! You'd have to not feel fear to do that!

Phoenix: the culprit of a completely different case is known to not feel fear! He must be the killer!

Or, you know

your theory is just dumb as shit and you're taking a coincidence as proof

Edgeworth even presents a way more likely escape route for the phantom, the thing that I was assuming: that he found a hiding place in the museum until it opened up to the public again and then strolled out amidst the crowd
    I had initially thought that the revelation would be that the killer used the garbage chute to escape.

Instead, that chute just seems to be a red herring. It's never used for anything.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    wait

wait

wait

WHAT

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    wait

wait

wait

WHAT

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

YESSSSSSSSSS

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    I finished this just now! I liked it a bunch! Thank goodness Capcom had the sense to bring it over. Some thoughts:
    - I know why it was, but still I can't help but say I thought the new voice actors weren't very good. I particularly didn't like Athena or Edgeworth. (Seriously, Edgeworth is supposed to be 33 now, but he sounds old, somehow.)
    - Knowing the twist with Fulbright is going to make this fun to replay in a year or two when I forget all the answers.
    - That said, for a super shadowy spy setup they sure have some crappy assassins if he survived that.
    - I miss Gumshoe and Ema.
    - Speaking of science, when Athena busted out the fingerprint powder in case 4, did anyone else get excited and then disappointed that you didn't actually get to dust for prints?
    - This game was a ton of fun, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'd have to replay the other games to know where I put it, though. My favorite case ever is probably 1-5, FWIW.
    - It was weird that the Jurist System didn't re-appear. That said, remember this is all vaguely based on the legal system of Japan, which only brought back jury trials 5-6 years ago, and even then they're still extremely rare.
    - I'm sure I'll come up with more now that I can re-read all the spoilers in this thread.

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    re: the M rating
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    Case 3 end spoilers
    So is Athena's joke that Apollo isn't into light bondage like the entire basis for the M rating?

End game spoilers
    The only other thing is that one of the characters is heavily implied to be a lesbian. Really? Maybe Capcom was just being overcautious since DLC titles aren't directly rated by the ESRB?

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Yuri

Cosmos

• Options
    I'm not convinced Solomon Starbuck isn't secretly Larry Butz

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    It was only a matter of time until a Phoenix Wright character's 'thing' was riding a segway

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Finished this morning

Great game

Dunno if it tops pw3

But it's great all the same

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Case 4 has Star Trek references. Case 4 has Star Trek references.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I'm not convinced Solomon Starbuck isn't secretly Larry Butz

The similarities crossed my mind, although I actually like Starbuck at the point I'm at. The level of detail when he's flicking invisible switches is great.

• Options
    It was only a matter of time until a Phoenix Wright character's 'thing' was being a robot

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    The Los Angeles area sure has a lot of traditional Japanese villages where all Japanese myths are true.

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    this game does way way way more to flesh out apollo than the one with his name on it did

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Case 1-2:
    I think the phrase "No concrete proof the defendant is innocent" would have the Appeals Court caving your skull in with their gavel while chanting "due process", Edgeworth. Thank god you mellow out.

I'm kinda torn on the outcome of the trial. On the one hand it's neat for Mia to defeat White with his own weapon of blackmail, but it kinda robs Phoenix of the win. Maybe it's the reason she had to resort to it - see above - that troubles me.

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    I just finished Case 4

what

the

fuck?

• Options
  • Options
    Case 4
    If Oldbag is the staff witness I am going to scream.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    case 4
    I loooove that Phoenix doesn't put up with any shit from Blackquill

also I know it will never happen but I want him to hook up with Aura so baaaaaaad

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    case 4
    I loooove that Phoenix doesn't put up with any shit from Blackquill

also I know it will never happen but I want him to hook up with Aura so baaaaaaad
    I liked that too. Phoenix has been tased, whipped, and hot coffeed by prosecutors before; he doesn't let Simon's antic phase him...well, much.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    I genuinely have no idea what's going to happen in Case 4, I'm a little bit into the second trial day

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    BOY THAT WAS WEIRD

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Why do people keep saying hat case 4 ends weird?

• Options
    Why do people keep saying hat case 4 ends weird?
    You get your client off the hook without finding and catching the true killer, which has never happened before

And then your partner is implicated as the real criminal out of nowhere, and there's a cliffhanger that goes into the next case

It completely breaks the Phoenix Wright formula in an incredibly interesting way

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Yeah, that.

I loved Case 4 and 5 because Apollo becomes something more than "generic stand-in for Phoenix".

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Oh yeahhhhh I forgot that happens at the end of four and not the beginning of 5

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    I just worked out who the culprit is in Case 5

ahem

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTT

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    I just worked out who the culprit is in Case 5

ahem

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTT

One of us

• Options
    Like seriously I don't care how "easy" the rest of the game was

You didn't fucking see that coming, there is no way you (general you) saw that coming!

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    legitimately the best twist in an aa game ever

• Options
    y'all have me pumped as hell to finish case 5

• Options
    case 5
    I like that both Athena and Apollo have to get grilled by Phoenix on the witness stand, all let the boss show you how it's done

• Options
    okay this is getting a little silly even for a PW game
    the masks! THE MASKS!

• Options
    one thing I go back and forth on re: case 5 stuff (shorty don't read this QUITE yet)
    the need to make the phantom's loss of identity a thing

did making him sympathetic take a lot of the oomph out of the overall fullbright reveal?

• Options
    Hullis wrote: »
    one thing I go back and forth on re: case 5 stuff (shorty don't read this QUITE yet)

did making him sympathetic take a lot of the oomph out of the overall fullbright reveal?
    I know it's a PW game and all but I still couldn't believe that he survived getting shot. What a crappy sniper!

• Options
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    Hullis wrote: »

I know it's a PW game and all but I still couldn't believe that he survived getting shot. What a crappy sniper!
    Who Shot Mister [strike]Burns[/strike] Phantom?

• Options
    CASE 5 CULPRIT
    I TOTALLY CALLED FULBRIGHT

IN YOUR FACE, INTERNET