As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

CF Phalla Signup List

• Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    The Phallington Horror has ending in an Evil Spirit(mafia) victory.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Looks like I will be running an SE++ phalla in the near future and I need a cohost/writer. I will do all the logistics, but I need someone to talk over mechanics, because I am making significant changes to what I had planned for last year, and I need someone better at telling stories than me. This will be a full main. @lonelyahava, do you mind if I use the materials you created last year?

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I created something last year?

I mean, sure. I honestly don't remember in the slightest, so that must mean I'm not too invested. Go for it. (what was it?)

Advice and an intro post.

• Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Baidol hit me up I like telling stories

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    I'm assuming he means Confines, @lonelyahava

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Plz to be posting links here when you am make. Want to watch/participate

I will let the signups sit in SE++ for a day before linking here to give some newblood a chance to sign up. Think of this like a recruitment drive.

Also, if anyone is too busy to play phalla in the vicinity of early November and would not mind taking a look at some mechanics, I think I have only a couple things I want to check on.

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Update on my non-Phalla experiment: I have the route and character stuff finished! And I have just now fully finished the first leg. Nine more legs to go. Google maps makes this insanity possible.

EDIT: Leg two finished! Goal is to maaaaaaaaybe get this up so I can run it without a Thanksgiving break, but I'd have to be done by like... Tuesday. Hmmmm.
    EDIT2: Flights in Africa are hard to find! Granted, I used a relatively obscure country for one leg which is not making things easier.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Update on my non-Phalla experiment: I have the route and character stuff finished! And I have just now fully finished the first leg. Nine more legs to go. Google maps makes this insanity possible.

EDIT: Leg two finished! Goal is to maaaaaaaaybe get this up so I can run it without a Thanksgiving break, but I'd have to be done by like... Tuesday. Hmmmm.
    EDIT2: Flights in Africa are hard to find! Granted, I used a relatively obscure country for one leg which is not making things easier.

Make it up. It's not like people are going to be fact checking you each step of the way until facts are important. Kinda like being a politician.

Ebum, Thanksgiving happened like three weeks ago...
    Get it it's a joke do you get it

Ebum, Thanksgiving happened like three weeks ago...
    Get it it's a joke do you get it

Y'all have an entire separate race. With really lame winners.

Make it up. It's not like people are going to be fact checking you each step of the way until facts are important. Kinda like being a politician.

Psh. Give me verisimilitude or give me death!

Also, four done.

Good morning, Phallateers. You are cordially invited to a Christmas party in SE++. Bring your pitchforks.

Is the course totally finished? No! Am I opening up sign ups anyway? Yes! Each leg will take two days, so I've got 10 days to do the rest.

The Amazing Race, Penny Arcade Edition (Not a Phalla) is open for business.

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Digital Devil Phalla: Rebirth has ended with a Knights of the Heavenly City (village faction) victory! Also, regarding my place on the signup list (which doesn't really hold much meaning these days, but whatever), I'm planning on going with a different game than .phalla. Further details will be released once I'm ready to run the game.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited November 2013
    We need at least 3 and preferably 9 more people.

EDIT: 1 and 7

enlightenedbum on
  • BandwagonBandwagon Registered User regular
    There are currently no games in the run queue, so if you've got a game that you want to run, let me know.

• ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    A long time ago, two guys (visiblehowl and devoutlyapathetic) ran a game where everyone had a power of sorts and your role/power was based upon an active player (Phalla phalla). Except MrB's game, I haven't played recently and don't really know the players well. The game itself would be more a standard phalla, unlike the faction games I have run in the past. Uninformed village, mafia, maybe a neutral-type group and a serial killer or two. No conversions because I hate conversions.

Would anyone be interested in helping me with running such a game? I can put the powers and such together, but I wouldn't have any idea whose name to attach them to or how to create powers for some of the players. I'd be looking at maybe 40 players, with the option of going to 50.

Ardor on
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Saberovereasy did one of those a few months back. So it seems to be a popular theme.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/180187/super-phalla-all-star-rumble-mini-game-over-mafia-victory/p1

Heres that one for refrence. It was said to be FABULOUS!

Ebum did one before that:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/171745/the-phalla-arcade-expo-mafia-victory-also-b-l-and-langly/p1

Bedlam on
    Which shows how long I've been out and how much time I spent looking at the games in the last 2 years!

Let me think on this. If it's been done twice this year, I can look into something else then.

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Or you can reframe that and say since theyve been six months apart we are about due for another.

They were slightly different. Ebum's game was based on players, while saber's game was based on characters\roles.

Steam
    I had sort of planned on doing one annually in January, but then I got this TAR idea which has taken far too much of my time. Plus it prevents me from playing in them, which I assuredly would.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I had a weird idea involving ghosts I have been prevented by circumstance from developing into anything useful, unfortunately.

If you've got mechanics awaiting a concept, or someone wants help with fluff and whatnot, I've got a couple different sets of notes.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

We are good to go, but could use a couple more teams. And CesareB could use a partner.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Do a retro phalla phalla with the big name players who don't understand game theory

steam_sig.png
    Can we still use dead threads? I'm debating having a dead thread with the ability to still participate in the game. So if you get killed early, you can still play.

I'm guessing it'll have to be proboards or something?

• MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    Ardor wrote: »
    Can we still use dead threads? I'm debating having a dead thread with the ability to still participate in the game. So if you get killed early, you can still play.

I'm guessing it'll have to be proboards or something?

Probably best to do a proboard. Much less likely to have living players see information they shouldn't that way.

• InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    A proboards just works around most issues, but I believe nothing has changed the ability to have two threads for whatever purposes for a main game.

OrokosPA.png
  • MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    It did work quite well for Star Wars: Phalla Squadron.

• vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Do a retro phalla phalla with the big name players who don't understand game theory

You mean me?

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
    Hey guys, I'm checking in here, my game's not ready, but I do have an interesting proposal, lifted from a different forum that my friend plays mafia on.

I don't have time to host a game right now, but this one would be really fun, and it could easily be small, vanilla role game for people who wanted something a bit different.

I thus humbly propose: "Drawfia", the mafia game where all communication is done through illustration, instead of that old tired trope of playing through words. Ha!

So this is my call to action. Someone host Drawfia. It won't be very time-consuming to host, and I'm sure it will be great fun for everyone who wants to try it out.

• MillMill Registered User regular
    Was going to make this comment earlier, but was afraid it might reveal too much with the SE phalla.

A dead proboard would probably be best, instead of a dead thread. So much easier to keep information compartmentalized. I do suggest you take a look at the SE game the Baidol hosted, particularly how things panned out with his dead board before proceeding. You might find that your dead player stuff should avoid certain things.

I might be interested in helping Sir Fabulous host his phalla. My main concern is that I'm going to be out of town on the 25 and 26. I also might not be too responsive on the 27 of this month (long drives suck!).

We could always have someone run a more basic phalla game where you can only post votes.

I am working on a game right now similar to what I've mentioned above. I'm going to pull roles from previous games I remember and creating some new ones in a large, everyone has some form of ability game with a village, mafia, SK or two and a third faction (Neutral for lack of a better term). Winner takes all!

Is it reasonable to think I can get 40 people to sign up for a game?

• Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Might take a few days but it's feasible.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    Ardor:

I think it's reasonable, but be prepared to do a little legwork. As a host trying to get a game filled, I will reach out to people after ~24 hours. I usually send a PM letting them know that sign-ups are ready and I would love to have them play.

It's not quite as efficient as having Egos @ 40 people, but for a little bit of effort it generally gets good results.

They were slightly different. Ebum's game was based on players, while saber's game was based on characters\roles.

..and now i want to try a see what kind of trainwreck a mechanics all-star game would be.

Steam