As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secret Satans 2013 - SE++ Edition

nevilleneville The Worst Gay(Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
edited December 2013 in Social Entropy++
It's the day after Halloween, which means (besides: "Hey, shouldn't neville have put this up a week ago?" - because yeah, I know, getoverit!).....

OH FUCK, TIME TO BUY THINGS FOR OTHERS.

Yes... that's right....

ss2011.png
(Yeah, yeah, eventually I'll find the right image)

This is where you do the sign-ups.
There will be another thread later where people can talk about what to get, or what not to get, or go off-topic so delightfully as we tend to do.

Rules:

1. There is no minimum spending amount and no maximum spending amount. Just because you spend $500 on your person, doesn't mean you'll get the same amount spent on you. And some people make handmade shit because they're poor, talented, or some combination.

2. International people are allowed. If you have some super big problem with it, let me know in your sign up email, but I cannot 100% guarantee you will not get someone in Australia, New Zealand, or lesser Uranus. IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THIS POSSIBILITY, DO NOT SIGN UP. Note: Canada is NOT considered "international."

3. If nobody knows who you are, you probably will not be allowed to sign up. This is to cut down on the number of deadbeat Satans. If you have less than 500 posts and nobody else knows you, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED (Exceptions are known significant others of folks, etc)

4. People who do not send gifts will be banned. Seriously. Not you "might" get banned, you 100% WILL get banned. Tube is tired of people whining about not getting shit, so if you sign up, you better fucking send something. Excuses are not accepted. I don't care if you are deployed to Afghanistan, lose your job, or are in love with Jesus; IF YOU SIGN UP AND DON'T SEND YOU WILL BE BANNED. The deadline to receive gifts is JANUARY 31, 2014. If you send something late and it may not make it, get a tracking number. If you don't, nobody will show mercy. The gays are a cold, ruthless bunch and I will no doubt mock you as I destroy the sanctity of your marriage. Or, more likely, you will be forgotten.

5. DO NOT BITCH ABOUT WHAT YOU GOT. CONVERSELY, TRY TO SEND PEOPLE THINGS YOU THINK THEY WILL LIKE BASED ON WHAT THEY POST.

6. Do NOT send NSFW gifts unless they specifically OK it in the info sent to you when you get your person.

7. You MUST put a wishlist in your signature. To Amazon or some other website with multiple ideas. Just because you consider yourself well-known doesn't mean people will know what to get for you.
Anyone who doesn't have one by the end of signups will be removed from participating. :-)

Again:

DEADLINE IS JANUARY 31, 2014.
DO NOT SIGN UP IF YOU AREN'T SURE YOU CAN SEND A GIFT BY THEN.

How Do I Sign Up, Boss?
Send an email to mailto:secretsatantwo@gmail.com.

THIS EMAIL MUST HAVE YOUR FORUM USERNAME AS A SUBJECT. DO NOT TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT, WE MIGHT HAVE A THREAD ABOUT THAT! IF WE DO NOT, THEN JUST LINK A WISHLIST IN YOUR SIG.
The email MUST CONTAIN:

Your Name
Your full Address (including country)
Your Preference in Sending Internationally (YES / NO) - don't put reasons or exceptions. just a yes or no
If NSFW gifts are OK or NOT (I.e. NSFW YES or NO NSFW)

EXAMPLE EMAIL if you don't like reading
:
Subject of email: NEVILLE

Name: Neville Longbottom.
Address: 123 Example Street
Apt KY-69
Pensacola, New Barbswick 010101
Australia

NSFW: YES OH GOD YES
International: YES

Link to Wishlist(optional, but encouraged):

IF YOUR EMAIL DOES NOT HAVE YOUR FORUM USERNAME AS THE SUBJECT, I WILL THROW IT AWAY, AND I WILL NOT TELL YOU I HAVE DONE SO. IF YOUR NAME DOES NOT APPEAR ON THIS SIGN-UP LIST, ASSUME YOU HAVE FUCKED UP SOMEWHERE.

Signups in this thread WILL NOT BE COUNTED AND YOU WILL BE THOROUGHLY MOCKED.
Or ignored. Perhaps both.

THE SIGN UP DEADLINE IS 11:59 PM PST, NOVEMBER 17TH, 2013. THERE WILL BE NO EXCUSES.

Keeping the tradition alive:
Framling's Fantastic FAQ For Foisting Freebies On Friendly Forumers!

Q: My person lives outside the country! What if shipping takes a long time?
A: Oh shit! Better plan ahead!

Q: I got evicted from my apartment! I can't afford a present right now.
A: Shouldn't have signed up, Poordilocks!

Q: Is this Tube approved?
A: Yes. Now sign up.

Sign-Up List
neville
MetroidZoid
godmode
Wombat!!
Tox
Marathon
Mr Fuzzbutt
Kadith
Bucketman
Brolo
Thetheroo
Tossrock
Aphostile
SKEITH
Bendery it like beckham
Lasbrook
Poorochondriac
Legba
CrackedLens
Shazkar Shadowstorm
Syphyre
Naphtali
Abracadaniel
cabsy
Jasconius
Marth
Schide
Perrsun
MrDoctorProfessor
VELDRIN
Nogs
Goose!
Rankenphile
Jimbobthemonkey
lostwords
Rainfall
skettios
fightinfilipino
Usagi
Goatmon
DaMoonRulz
KetBra
Caulk Bite 6
Rayze
Isoldae
Romanian My Escutcheon
Blake T
barcardi
VANN DIRAS
Flarne
mully
Zerzhul
. / plut
Platypus Beirut
Sheri
jgeis
Crimson King
QuickSnap
SporkAndrew
Langly
Raijin Quickfoot
Noggin
Sassori
#pipe
Nullzone
Gizzy
Hunter
Slacker71
Kwoaru
DrZiplock
Tef
Mysst
Tugga
Cello
Man of the Waves
Hacksaw
Karrde1842
Virgil_Leads_You
Fishman
Odin
Sal
PRD
Robert Khoo
CorporateLogo
PA Jamie
Psykoma
Tonkka
Okami
Zonugal
Straightzi/Queertzi/Quetzi
grobian
RADIUS
THESPOOKY
NEOTOMA
Uriel
N1tSt4lker
pooka
Mortal Sky
Bogey
mulysasempronius
Veretas

Chains:

Bendery It Like Beckham :arrow: Nullzone :arrow: Karrde1842 :arrow: Lasbrook 2 3 :arrow: Cello
Blake T :arrow: Sal 2
Bogey :arrow: Hunter :arrow: Uriel :arrow: godmode
Flarne :arrow: Virgil_Leads_You
Gizzy: :arrow: Noggin :arrow: pooka
Goatmon :arrow: zonugal :arrow: tugga
Kwoaru :arrow: CrackedLens 2 :arrow: Poorochondriac 2 3 4 :arrow: lostwords :arrow: MetroidZoid :arrow: Tox 2 3 :arrow: N1tSt4lker 2 :arrow: Sassori 2 3 Total :arrow: Hacksaw 2
Legba :arrow: MrDoctorProfessor :arrow: Vann Diras
mully :arrow: QuickSnap :arrow: #pipe
PA Jamie :arrow: JimBobTheMonkey :arrow: Rainfall :arrow: cabsy 2 :arrow: Veldrin 2
Platypus Beirut :arrow: Mysst 2 :arrow: Rayze 2 :arrow: Robert Khoo 2 3 :arrow: SporkAndrew :arrow: Slacker71 2 :arrow: Nogs :arrow: Kadith :arrow: Crimson King 2 :arrow: NeoToma
sheri :arrow: skettios 2 :arrow: PRD :arrow: neville 2 :arrow: Brolo :arrow: Grobian 2
Quetzi :arrow: Rankenphile 2
Radius :arrow: Barcardi 2 :arrow: Fishman 2
Skeith :arrow: jgeis :arrow: Marathon
Tef :arrow: Psykoma :arrow: Syphyre

??? :arrow: Abracadaniel 2 :arrow: Langly
??? :arrow: Bucketman :arrow: Sheri 2
??? :arrow: fightinfilipino
??? :arrow: KetBra :arrow: Raijin Quickfoot
??? :arrow: Marth
??? :arrow: MulysaSempronius
??? :arrow: Mr Fuzzbutt
??? :arrow: Naphtali 2 :arrow: Wombat!! 2 3
??? :arrow: Schide
??? :arrow: Shazkar Shadowstorm :arrow: Caulk Bite 6
??? :arrow: THESPOOKY 2 :arrow: DaMoonRulz :arrow: Isoldae 2 3 4 5 6 7 :arrow: Tonkka :arrow: zerzhul
??? :arrow: thetheroo 2 :arrow: Flarne
??? :arrow: Usagi 2 3
??? :arrow: Veretas 2! 3

nevillexmassig1.png
neville on

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Wooooooohoo!

Hi Satan!
    Here is my wishlist: http://amzn.com/w/33K5G6FWF54QT
    Additionally:
    • I'm down for things that I can use in my cubicle - I don't have a lot on my wishlist in that regard. Also a coffee mug would be cool now that I'm getting coffee at work vice a restaurant drive through - just as long as it fits in a Keurig maker.
    • Gift cards are totally okay.
    • Food gifts are tasty. Surprise me!
    • Want to get me drunk? Alcohol can be delivered to addresses in the state of Virginia! One such site that sells my favorite liquor (Aviation gin) is drinkupny.com
    • I like video games! I have a PS3 and play PC games. Steam Wishlist: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198030019529/wishlist
    • I like other games too: I like D&D 4e, I'm interested in Gamma World but haven't had a chance to try it yet, and I like board games similar to Betrayal at House on the Hill, Elder Sign, and other cooperative RPG-ish games.
    • I have an acoustic and electric guitar so I could use assorted gear for those. (Light guage strings, picks, general stufff)
    • If you have questions you can route them through Sassori.
    Thaaaaaanks!

godmode on
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    I had such an amazing time last year in my first Secret Satans. This comes at a bit of a weird time for me, funds-wise this year, but I'm hoping I can participate again.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    THE END TIMES ARE NIGH!

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    WOO!

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Are we not requiring gift lists/ideas this year? I felt like that's been a growing, popular addition to the rules. It certainly helps if you get someone you don't regularly associate with.

• Options
    Wombat!!Wombat!! Registered User regular
    I sent it I sent it now time to obsess over my wishlist for hours and hours!

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Fuck yes, I've been watching closely for this thread for a while now.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Hello SATAN!
    First of all, thanks for signing up you're rad!

For stalking/research purposes, I recommend the NFL and table-top threads, as I am a table-top gamer, a football fan, and a nerd. There's a few other random threads I post in, but lately it's been a bit sparse. Feel free to just have someone you know that posts in either or both threads poke around in my brain for anything you're curious about.

For gift ideas, I have wishlists! They are located down in my sig!

I am a huge fan of the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies (Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Avengers). I currently have or will get all of those movies, but I don't have any of the Phase I movies on Blu-Ray, so that's an idea. Also, I got a hold of the first five issues of the new Thor: God of Thunder comic line, and I love it! A digital subscription, and/or back issues (I have 1-5) would be awesome!

If you are in any way a talented crafter or creator of goods, I think it'd be really awesome to have something that I could show to people and say, "Someone made this, just for me." That seems pretty cool. Decorative (like artwork to hang on my wall or a fancy blanket to put on my bed!) or functional (like a dicebag to hold all my dice, or a bag to carry my books in), anything you make me I will love. Hell, if you're a purveyor of food stuffs, and have some sort of signature sauce/dressing/jam/etc that you'd like to share, that'd be pretty awesome cool! Like I said, anything you make just for me I will absolutely love.

My wishlist is now divided into two lists. One is entirely D&D related, and can be found here. The D&D books listed there are the strictest portion of my wishlist, as I already own the ones not on that list. I've also listed a lot of materials that are useful for running a game, like miniatures and the like. I don't yet own much of that type of stuff, so that'd be pretty sweet. There's also a bunch of dice and stuff on there too that I'd love to have.

The rest of my wishlist is here. This is electronics, books, household items, board games, media, all that good stuff. I've included several books relating to a few topics that interest me but that I don't know a lot about. I'd love to learn more, and I enjoy casually studying a wide variety of topics. Also if you are a religious person who is not a Christian or a Taoist, I would love a good copy of your religious text! (I already have a good bible and a copy of the Tao Te Ching).

Regarding electronics, right now I've got a flip phone, a 3-year old laptop (with onboard video), and a used PS2, so if you happen to own a gaming console, an mp3 player, a digital camera, a tablet, a widescreen monitor, or any of those sorts of things and have been thinking about upgrading, buy yourself a nice shiny new one and just send me your old one. That'd be an awesome gift, as I don't currently own any of those things, and would love to own one. There are a few electronics listed on my wishlist. I don't expect any of them, I just put them there because, well, it is a wishlist, right?

Hey wow this is getting pretty long. Thanks for signing up, and if you're not someone I know, I hope we get to know each other better as a result of this. I am totally down with getting used goods if you have stuff like that which you aren't using anymore. Seriously, do not hesitate. If all else fails a Visa Gift Card would be awesome because the best theater in town is locally owned so I can't get a gift card specifically for that, and I rarely get to go to movies because it's just cheaper to wait for RedBox.

P.S. - I did put "NSFW okay" but I have a specific wishlist. Boring, I know, but my living arrangements are such that getting random sex toys from strangers is somewhat frowned upon :P

Tox on
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Last year's Christmas was kinda sad because I couldn't Secret Satan.

I totally can this year though! Hooray!

broken image link
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    Are we not requiring gift lists/ideas this year? I felt like that's been a growing, popular addition to the rules. It certainly helps if you get someone you don't regularly associate with.

I forgot to add that. Updated.

Yes: Wishlists in your signature and/or signup email are required.

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    Spending money on other people makes me feel better about myself.

Also the only things bought off my wishlists are from last years Secret Satans so they are still technically relevant; score one for being lazy.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    [blink][underline]!SIGNUPSECRETSATAN2013![/underline][/blink]

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Whoo time for this again!
    Some stuff for my Satan:
    Wishlists: Think Geek Amazon
    Ok so, theres 2 wishlists, really they are to give you ideas! I like pen and paper RPGs as well as Board games! But I own very few (I really only have Settlers of Catan the main game in terms of board games) I also like coffee, tea, reading books! (I own a Kindle) playing video games (I have a good PC and a PS3 and I play a lot of League of Legends) cooking up stuff in the kitchen and Beer. Honestly I'm an easy guy to shop for! I wear a 3xl shirt and fat guy pants

Bucketman on
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Sure, I'm in.
    I have no preferences for gifts. Given that I post mainly in the Giant Bomb and Webcomics thread a gift can be extrapolated from that.

• Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    I forget what year this is for me... six, maybe

woo!

For anyone interested in potentially giving me stuff:
    Hey there! I'm just like, this guy, you know? Hmm, that might not be helpful. Here's some stuff I like:
    - Music and music festivals (new headphones maybe?)
    - Camping / backpacking / hiking
    - Smelling nice
    - Weird little things such as you might put on a desk
    - The webcomic Dresden Codak
    - Non-perishable food items
    - Perishable food items???
    - Exotic drugs
    - Starcraft
    - python (the programming language)
    - Motorcycling
    - Poi (Been thinking about getting some flowtoys or a fire set lately)
    - Hobby electronics (I could really use a better soldering iron... maybe some component LEDs... or an Arduino / Raspberry Pi?)
    - Science fiction in various formats
    - Such as books, movies, et cetera

Devices I own:
    - Android phone
    - Gaming desktop
    - Kindle
    - iPad

I wear a size medium for t-shirts if that's relevant.

But yeah, those are just some ideas. I am also totally down to get things completely unrelated to those listed! I like learning more about my fellow forumers through this event, so if you have some things that you're a big fan of, this is a great time to share them with a new person! Or if you're good at handmaking stuff / crafts / baking / etc I am a big fan of that too! Basically, if you get me A Thing, I am gonna be totally stoked about it. Merry Holidays or whatever!

Love,
    Tossrock

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Hopefully I can top my gifts last year. It's tough because I likely won't have such an inside source.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Yes this is what I have been waiting for!

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    Sure, I'm in.
    I have no preferences for gifts. Given that I post mainly in the Giant Bomb and Webcomics thread a gift can be extrapolated from that.
    7. You MUST put a wishlist in your signature. To Amazon or some other website with multiple ideas. Just because you consider yourself well-known doesn't mean people will know what to get for you.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I can't afford to double dip in SS stuff this year. Sorry, chums.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »

Yeah, last year was great, but I simply can't afford it this year. It breaks my heart because it was one of the most memorable events since I started pointing here.

• Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    I'm gonna sign up this year but I'm not going to be able to afford much. Ill probably just end up making something. But this is the only way I'm gonna have any kind of Christmas so I'm in.

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »

Yeah, last year was great, but I simply can't afford it this year. It breaks my heart because it was one of the most memorable events since I started pointing here.

Posting

Since I started posting here.

Stupid autocorrect.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I am the broke and unemployed. I guess next year will just have be a huge blowout year for me...

• Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    I for sure will probably sign up.

I just have to make a wishlist first.

Making a wishlist is hard as shit.

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I'm gonna sign up this year but I'm not going to be able to afford much. Ill probably just end up making something. But this is the only way I'm gonna have any kind of Christmas so I'm in.

You should not sign up for this.

You should sign up for the other one. After this one.

I always forget what it's called.

But it's so that those of us who have can do well by the folks who don't have this year.

Tox on
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Solid Saints?

No that's not it.

Uhhh it is something saints though, right?

Isoldae on
    xet8c.gif
  • Options
    Isn't solid saints the auction for Child's Play?

I thought it was like secret saints.

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Wait, no

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    But in any case handmade gifts rule.

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Hot diggity damn, been waiting for this!

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Isoldae wrote: »
    But in any case handmade gifts rule.

Oh absolutely.

In my little blurb I specifically call out how much I would love to have something that I could show to people and say, "someone made this, just for me."

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Hellllll yes, last year was so much fun I can't wait to do it again. I'll have to edit my signature so I can fit some links in when i'm awake at a normal fucking hour. what the hell brain, 3 am is not the time to wake up.

Anyways! I found out something kinda important for those of you who blank out addresses when taking pictures of boxes since the last Secret Satan. Make sure to cover the barcodes on the label as well as the written/typed out address, that barcode actually contains all the address info as well and still could be used for nefarious purposes.

• Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    Oh man, I've thought about this at least once a week for the past couple of months. Secret Satan is the best. I mean I haven't taken down my wishlist signature all year.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Hells yes, I'm in.

Count me in on the "mostly broke" list, but I'll make up for it in other ways!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    I feel for those of us strapped for cash, I was in the same boat a while back and it sucks.

Inversely, this year I should finally have a fair bit of spending money for this.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I am hesitant to sign up for this again as I feel like I didn't do a good job last year and don't want to be a waste of a spot. But also I kinda want to anyway.

• Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    Fookin' sent!

XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    smof wrote: »
    I am hesitant to sign up for this again as I feel like I didn't do a good job last year and don't want to be a waste of a spot. But also I kinda want to anyway.

I'll tank my gifts to guarantee you look good by comparison. Hope my Satanee is ready for macaroni pictures and a collection of belly-button lint!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    I've been trying to come up with a wishlist, but I'm drawing blanks.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Yes! I was just thinking about this thread last night.

This discussion has been closed.