As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Starcraft 2] Polt, a real American hero, keeps the foreigner hope alive!

1929394959698»

• MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Finally finished watching the WCS AM finals

Dear gives zero fucks about zerg

also doesn't seem to like wearing the sound-cancelling headphones in the final game ^^'

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    Man, I've always played Terran but it feels so easy to be aggressive with Protoss. Early game Terran aggression feels harder to pull off for me. Then again Protoss just feels more natural to me, not sure why. Ugh! :(

Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • peacekeeperpeacekeeper AustraliaRegistered User regular
    because youre a girl?

TERRAN IS HARD BECAUSE ITS FOR MEN
    conanpunchhorseshort224c_zps42ffd0d9.gif

lol

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    that is the most surgical, most brutal blink stalker all-in i've ever seen.

• YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    That was what I loved about WoL TvP. If I didn't want to play vs Storm I didn't have to, I could just play so that the game was over one way or the other before HTs ever hit the field.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    ugh
    I have the worst nerd hangover right now

my eyes are killing me
    my gut feels twisted
    and I feel like a dirty rag that's been used to clean that thing sticking to your car's bumper

although I did have a couple of beers last night, this feeling isn't because of that

it's because I was up past 7 am playing vidja games and I woke up at 11 am

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • KambingKambing Registered User regular
    Last TLMC was mostly amateurs. Now this TLMC:

http://www.teamliquid.net/tournaments/admin/?action=view&id=3513

o_O

Going to be lucky to get out of the first round with this amount of pros.

@TwitchTV, @Youtube: master-level zerg ladder/customs, commentary, and random miscellany.
    edited November 2013
    Excellent. If my opponent no-shows, then I'm playing IM_Seed in the second round.

EDIT: Sorry, I mean the winner of Sonder vs. IM_Seed. Anything can happen, right?

Kambing on
    @TwitchTV, @Youtube: master-level zerg ladder/customs, commentary, and random miscellany.
  • mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    GLHF Kambing!

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • shwaipshwaip Registered User regular
    glglgl

remember that pros often cheese in early rounds!

edited November 2013
    Out in the second round as expected. Except to Sonder (whom is actually in Western Wolves) instead of Seed!

Some of these maps are pretty swank. Played on a semi-island map (destructible rocks blocking paths to your opponents base) and a lava rising map.

EDIT: If I had not forgotten a guy in gas in game 2 and then did some swanky cheese in game 3, I would've ended up playing leenock in round 3. >_<

Kambing on
  • LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    Jjakji v Parting

http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/BasetradeTV

In another time, that was a potential GSL finals. Today, that's a qualifying match. =p

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    reading some of the blizzcon preview stuff on TL, started with MVP

this was awesome

"Many say that Mvp is the most like Flash among all the SC2 players, and that comparison is fair if you are just counting championship. But it doesn't take into account Mvp's greatest quality: overcoming adversity. Mvp is Boxer in 2004, Nada in 2006, and July in 2008. He is the old champion who shows that class—an intangible, poorly defined, quasi-mystical quality—truly is a thing, and that it is truly is permanent. "

he was never the terran I called my favorite but if he was to win blizzcon this year... how incredible. can't help but hope for it.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • chuckleberryfinnchuckleberryfinn Ireland Registered User regular
    Has Day9 finished his machine for pigs playthrough?? It couldn't be that short...

No Protoss players were underpowered during this post.
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    He's not playing it again.

I can't tell if he's just lost ability to deal with tension and needs to get on anti-anxiety meds or if he was super hamming it up.

Either way, disappointing. His The Dark Descent playthrough was so fun to watch and this time it was all "OH GOD OH GOD" *jump back and put his feet up and cover his face*

Pretty bad.

3cl1ps3 on
  • chuckleberryfinnchuckleberryfinn Ireland Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    He's not playing it again.

I can't tell if he's just lost ability to deal with tension and needs to get on anti-anxiety meds or if he was super hamming it up.

Either way, disappointing. His The Dark Descent playthrough was so fun to watch and this time it was all "OH GOD OH GOD" *jump back and put his feet up and cover his face*

Pretty bad.

Damnit, man up Séan.

No Protoss players were underpowered during this post.
  • EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    reading some of the blizzcon preview stuff on TL, started with MVP

this was awesome

"Many say that Mvp is the most like Flash among all the SC2 players, and that comparison is fair if you are just counting championship. But it doesn't take into account Mvp's greatest quality: overcoming adversity. Mvp is Boxer in 2004, Nada in 2006, and July in 2008. He is the old champion who shows that class—an intangible, poorly defined, quasi-mystical quality—truly is a thing, and that it is truly is permanent. "

he was never the terran I called my favorite but if he was to win blizzcon this year... how incredible. can't help but hope for it.

Yeah these Blizzcon previews are UNBELIEVABLY good. Everyone should read them!!!!!!!

Two more came out today: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=434179 for Duckdeok
    http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=434194 for Innovation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iG3kv1d.png
  • EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    That video they have of Duckdeok crying and trying (totally failing) to hide it is fucking incredible.

iG3kv1d.png
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    It's better than the standard robot Korean who we know next to nothing about. It's great.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
    oh god

Grubby's stream just now

a tear down my cheek
    that's all I'm going to say

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    oh god

Grubby's stream just now

a tear down my cheek

got an approx time so I can look at vods?

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
    jaziek wrote: »
    MMMig wrote: »
    oh god

Grubby's stream just now

a tear down my cheek

got an approx time so I can look at vods?

Ummmmm... his stream is still going, even though the show is over, it's playing the SC Lion King Theme.
    OK it JUST ended.

So 2ish hours before it just ended, since my post was 2 hrs 13 mins ago

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • peacekeeperpeacekeeper AustraliaRegistered User regular
    hey bisu is actually on at some not ridiculous hour, he'll probably be collecting balloons a lot though

edited November 2013
    Well my macro has improved to the point where I now feel like I am playing a game about war instead of a strange version of Sim City where after X minutes my city is destroyed. :D

More importantly, I am feeling far more in control and comfortable with keeping track of stuff. This not only is making me play better of course, but making the game VASTLY more fun for me. Before it felt so hard to keep up with everything and it felt awful, wasn't any fun. My APM is still around 50 though, and even if I spam clicks like a maniac or play super intensely, I've never gotten above 75. I don't think I am physically capable of anything more really, I just can't move my hands that fast without hitting the wrong keys and stuff. D:

Edit- Also watching Avilo's stream and man this guy has a bad attitude. He keeps getting the same guy on ladder and losing. His excuse? The other guy isn't out playing him, he's a bad who's just abusing build orders. So I have to ask, why would you not take the opportunity to learn how to beat whatever he is doing? SC2 doesn't seem to have any balance issues SO bad that a given cheese or strategy cannot be overcome. Instead calls opponent a retard and noob lolololo and then gets owned. This guy is in Grand Master too! Wow.

DarkMecha on
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    @Kambing or anyone else who streams

My mouse clicks are getting picked up by my mic and they're very loud and noticeable on stream. Any advice for cutting down on that?

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Lower the gain on your mic, or adjust its position.

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Okay, so Halloween in Seoul is pretty fucking insane.

My friends go to go to Incheon and Hongdae last weekend and it was apparently insane. They swore up and down I missed Halloween last weekend, but i knew that Halloween being on a Thursday wouldn't matter. There was plenty of Halloweening going on this weekend.

I went to Gangnam for the first time, wearing a Gipsy Danger bomber jacket. They told me in Gangnam you will lose your soul, and that at six in the morning there will still be people entering clubs.

Apparently the signature song isn't Gangnam Style, but another song that chants Yeoja yeoja yeoga (women women women!) But I didn't hear it. Anyone have that song?

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    Yeah Seoul is insane

it was 3 AM and this Dennys' style restaurant was still going strong
    with families!

l4lGvOw.png

wra
    DarkMecha wrote: »
    Well my macro has improved to the point where I now feel like I am playing a game about war instead of a strange version of Sim City where after X minutes my city is destroyed. :D

More importantly, I am feeling far more in control and comfortable with keeping track of stuff. This not only is making me play better of course, but making the game VASTLY more fun for me. Before it felt so hard to keep up with everything and it felt awful, wasn't any fun. My APM is still around 50 though, and even if I spam clicks like a maniac or play super intensely, I've never gotten above 75. I don't think I am physically capable of anything more really, I just can't move my hands that fast without hitting the wrong keys and stuff. D:

Edit- Also watching Avilo's stream and man this guy has a bad attitude. He keeps getting the same guy on ladder and losing. His excuse? The other guy isn't out playing him, he's a bad who's just abusing build orders. So I have to ask, why would you not take the opportunity to learn how to beat whatever he is doing? SC2 doesn't seem to have any balance issues SO bad that a given cheese or strategy cannot be overcome. Instead calls opponent a retard and noob lolololo and then gets owned. This guy is in Grand Master too! Wow.

Yup. That's Avilo for you. >_<

Dhalphir wrote: »
    Lower the gain on your mic, or adjust its position.

Also. A quality boom mic like the mod mic helps a bit.

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I haven't played in so long

last time I said in here that I was about to play and was gonna be terrible I never logged on

poe is good and I can only lose to myself. and desync. sc2 I lose to LOSER NOOBS

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
This discussion has been closed.