As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secret Satans 2013 - SE++ Edition

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    I'll work on a wish list, but I prefer things that tell me more about Satan.

Favorite gift from last year was a picture of the Mountains of Madness. They were actually the Blue(?) Mountains, courtesy of @MadEddy.

And a kickass Walrus beanie baby that helps me and my Oosik brethren play MWO.

And I learned about the town in SC that was the peach capital of the world! SUCK IT, GEORGIA!!

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    I've been trying to come up with a wishlist, but I'm drawing blanks.

CapGunAndCaps.jpg

• Options
    Legba wrote: »
    I've been trying to come up with a wishlist, but I'm drawing blanks.

CapGunAndCaps.jpg

Booooo

m.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Now I'm drawing caps instead of blanks.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Yeah I'll be spending the next couple of weeks updating my wishlists. There's nothing on there I don't want or already have, but I want to add more stuff. Especially from a wider array of price ranges.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    I've also found it can't hurt to browse other people's wishlists, especially if you both post in similar threads.

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    Hi yes signing up when I get home from mom's wedding

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    oh shit

uh

jeeze
    well

maybe

im gonna be gone for most of november-december though so probably not

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Hello Satan!
    Well hopefully not the real Satan. You know. Horns, pitchfork, jar full of marmalade that makes you commit adultery? Wait, where were we?

Oh yeah, Secret Satans. My amazon wish list is below. I know its got some expensive stuff on it (mainly the WiiU/3DS games) but don't feel you have to get that stuff. If you come up with a better idea or wanted to make some handmade crafts, awesome! I'm sure anything you get will be great, because its from you my Satan! Duh. =p

If you're not familiar with me because we haven't met at a PAX, other meet ups or just general post history, feel free to hit up some people that know me for ideas. Yukira's a good one, or Rhylith or some of the other Shamblers (you can also use the aforementioned to relay questions back to me anonymously).

Editx2
    I'll probably add to this post randomly over time as I remember things I should have posted in the first place to make your job easier! Just some random ideas (please do not feel obliged to hit every note below!):
    • Shirt size: 2XL. Nerdy shirts are cool, ditto hoodies. But I try to keep stuff not too gaudy so its okay to wear to work when I'm at the office.
    • I recently moved into a new condo in the last year, so while its all furniturized I have next to nothing in terms of walls decorations.
    • I enjoy Fiction novels, specifically Fantasy & Sci-fi. I may own whatever it is you're getting for me already though, so don't be afraid to check via a 3rd party. If you could send them as a kindle version that'd be great, I don't have a terrible lot of room for a physical collection at the moment.
    • I love movies, and have a pretty decent DVD & Bluray collection. One gaping hole I have in there is The Simpsons (early seasons, 1-8 minus 3). I couldn't afford them when they were coming out back in the day, but I just haven't ever tried to go out and find them and I'm sure they're out of print or $$$ today. If you're worried something you're thinking about getting is something I already have in my library, don't feel afraid to check via 3rd party.
    • I have a WiiU and a 3DS XL (preordered), but all I have for either at the moment for either is Wind Waker HD for Wii U and the new Zelda for 3DS (also preordered). There's a few titles I'd love to try in my Amazon list, but don't feel constrained to that list if there's something you think I'd like that I don't have on there!
    • PC Games are cool too, but I don't think I have much listed on Steam in terms of desirable titles at the moment. I also play a lot of League of Legends these days.
    • If you're of the artistic persuasion, I wouldn't mind having some art done of some of my past pnp characters, or just something cool! :)

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    Noooo, not the kittens!!!!!

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Already signed up for two other santas. Hopefully I've got the money for three next year!

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Isoldae wrote: »
    Solid Saints?

No that's not it.

Uhhh it is something saints though, right?

Secret Saints, run by the fabulous @mully (not sure if she's planning on doing it again this year or not, but let's ask!)

• Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    Hey somebody give me a heads up

I only ever browse the forum on my phone and signatures don't show up

Is my wishlist still linked in my sig? Does it still work?

XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Yes and yes.

broken image link
  • Options
    Word

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Wooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Finally I can rain gifts down on another person like rain on a hot summer sidewalk.

Whoops, meant to link my wishlist in the email but I forgot before hitting send, but it's in my signature anyway so it should be fine.

EDIT: ...except I just clicked on it and apparently I linked it to my Facebook by mistake. No idea.

Schide on
  • Options
    MarthMarth Registered User regular
    And I was just thinking we might not have a secret satans this year. This is gon' be good.

I'll probably write up a detailed wishlist post in a couple days or something.

Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    This is a good thing, to have this again this year.

Here's about me:
    My board game collection has been steadily growing. The things I own (some of which are thanks for previous Satans :D): 7 Wonders+Leaders+the 4 extra city boards, Ascension+Rise of Vigil, Catan, Carcassone, Dominion Intrigue/Alchemy/Hinterlands and a few more various smaller games.

Game system wise, I have a 360, PS3, 3DS, PSP, and a good gaming PC. You can look through my Steam and Xbox profile to see what kinds of games I've played. I also put a link to my Last.FM profile so you can see what kind of music I like.

I like reading comics, but I'm not such a fan of buying a new issue each month. I like a big collection or book that I can just roll through. I've read Preacher, and a few years ago I got one of the Sandman books.

Last year I moved a bunch of states away from my old home. I'm enjoying the whole "acting like a grownup" thing. I'd like something nice to decorate my apartment, as it's kind of bare. Right now I just have a bunch of kinda-nice-looking things, but no "theme"... nothing that "ties it all together" so if you happen to be good at decorating or stuff like that I'll take whatever you give me and love it and put it on my wall if it was meant to go there.

I love getting stuff from where people are from. If your town has some kind of food/candy/other thing they/re famous for/do really well it'd be awesome to get something like that.

Perrsun on
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Ok, I'm totally getting in on Secret Satans this year.

I guess this means I need to get myself organised with an actual wishlist now.

• Options
    MrDoctorProfessorMrDoctorProfessor Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Hola El Diablo
    Things I like -
    Im a pretty easy person. I play video games (RPGs, FPSs, Action, Adventure, Puzzle..pretty much everything, if you love it, chances are I will)

I have a all the gaming systems minus the WII U and the new fangled PS4/XBONE

Ive finally found a group to D&D/Pathfinder, so any awesome minis/dice, things of that nature would be awesome

I like to read (Name of the Wind type fantasy, Culinary History, Cookbooks)

I love to cook

I love quirky things like juggling, Poi, Diabolos, magic tricks, wooden/metal puzzles - Pretty much anything I can do to show off some little talent to other people

I want to learn to play the violin

and Im totally 100% super fine with anything NSFW (maybe just shoot me an anonymous PM or something, just so I dont open it in front of the kiddo.)

Im around an XL/XXL for shirts, 12 for shoes

I love knee socks with cool designs

Ive got a 7 year old daughter so pretty much anything we can do together is awesome. We can normally be seen wearing superhero masks and jousting with the Nerf swords at toys r us

If you have any cool snacks, those would be awesome too. If you live in Japan, I would love every crazy flavor of kit kat. ALL OF THEM!!!

When I was younger (like 15 years ago now) I had an awesome book that was all about ghosts, aliens and crytpids and all. I have no idea what the book was called but it was kind of set up as a visual encyclopedia. If my Satan could find such a book or something similar, that would be awesome.

Pretty much though, I will love anything that is gotten for me and keep it forever and evers.

Here is my Amazon wishlist. Also, if you do buy anything from here, I do ask that you let it update it on the list since my family will be buying off of here as well
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/29AZVZYEIW71N
    And here is my steam list!
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197985227750/wishlist
    Happy Holidays!

MrDoctorProfessor on
    noAZAb5.png?1
    Hey Satan!
    Steam
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Yes! Finally! I had a ton of fun last Satans and I'll definitely be doing it again. Just gotta find some time to make a wish list :D

Hail Satan!

• Options
    MrDoctorProfessorMrDoctorProfessor Registered User regular
    Schide wrote: »

Finally I can rain gifts down on another person like rain on a hot summer sidewalk.

Whoops, meant to link my wishlist in the email but I forgot before hitting send, but it's in my signature anyway so it should be fine.

EDIT: ...except I just clicked on it and apparently I linked it to my Facebook by mistake. No idea.

Taking a creative writing class?

noAZAb5.png?1
    Hey Satan!
    Steam
  • Options
    To whomever receives my name:

Let me explain the NSFW thing I wrote

I don't mind it. Anybody who knows me know I laugh at some raunchy stuff. If you're going to send me something off color, that's great. But please make it worth having to explain it to my wife and hide it from my kids.

• Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    this is my favorite time of the year

I get to scour everyone's wishlist and figure out what I've always wanted that I never knew I ever wanted.

rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    DelaneyDelaney Registered User regular
    I don't suppose quickly making another 373 posts after this one would suffice both to hit the requisite threshold and become "known" by any chance? Yeah, not so much. (Just kidding, really!) It'll be fun to follow anyway. Next year!

"I will participate in the game. It's a wonderful, wonderful opera, except that it hurts." - Joseph Campbell

Steam: delaney_a

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Wishlist Post!

HAIL SATAN

Cool Thinkgeek stuff, like neat gadgets.
    I enjoy Lego, particularly the fun robot-building bits and the space sets. I've desperately wanted to get into Mindstorms, but it's quite pricey!
    I also do lots of graphic design and website work, as well as some illustration.
    I read some comics, although there aren't many regular series that I read. I do have the first few trades of Sandman, and I've read Watchmen, Y: the last man, Transmetropolitan, Civil War, World War Hulk, and found them pretty good. Did not enjoy Preacher.
    T-shirt size I am a large.
    Here is my steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/japong/games?tab=all which shows how much of my life I have wasted.

Honestly though, if you see something that you think is super cool and fun, chances are I'll like it too. Surprises are awesome!

XOXOXOX (XXX)

Brolo on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Hey, Satan, its your old pal, Goose!

My wishlist is linked in my sig. If you don't want to get something directly from that, I offer you the following about little ole me. However, I of course will appreciate anything that you give me because you are the greatest being to ever have lived:
    I am a kind of sports nerd. I like the NY Giants, the Knicks, and the Yankees. I own mostly Giants apparel/merchandise. I don't really own anything Yankees or Knicks except for a Knicks hat. Please don't purchase me any team-related DVDs.

I own a PS3, am purchasing a PS4 (that I am giving to my brother for Christmas, but will probably end up playing quite a bit). I also play Pokemon on 3DS and my steamid is g0oseyourself. I play mostly sports games lately, but I enjoy a good RPG (prefer tactical RPGs, or old school turn based RPGs, like the old Final Fantasy games before 11).

I don't have a lot of space in my room and won't until I am able to move into my own apartment, which is at this point still a dream but its a lot closer than it used to be now that I have a stable, good paying job.

If you're going to get my clothing of some type, I wear 2XL. Don't go bigger or smaller than that, please.

I think that's it. Thanks, again, Satan!

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I think I'm skipping this year

will look forward to read the tortured posts of whomever @DaMoonRulz wil get

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    Well then can I take back my sign in? And sign up for the other one? @neville

• Options
    Nogs wrote: »
    this is my favorite time of the year

I get to scour everyone's wishlist and figure out what I've always wanted that I never knew I ever wanted.

Hm. Not as much JJJ stuff as I would've expected on your list.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    edited December 2013
    My darling Satan, it has been months since we last spoke. The children are doing well, feasting on the flesh of ungifted mortals near me. I have also found love since last we spoke, although I still yearn for the soft sulfurous embrace that you granted me so sweetly last year.

But as per the terms of our infernal contract, I must let you know what I truly desire. So read on, sweet Satan, read on and learn of my most hidden desires.
    Okay, let's go! Amazon Wishlist here. But really, that's just some stuff I looked at while I was bored and a few things I tried to add from the majority of categories below. GO OFF LIST IF YOU WANT seriously.

CLOTHES: I fit in at the larger end of the Small scale and the smaller end of the Medium scale. I fucking suck at fashion. I don't even know. If you want to buy me a shirt or something, you're probably better off with going Small.

STEAM: I'll accept any games and love and play them. I could use the Civ V expansion and I've lost a lot of my life to Roguelikes and indie shit. Dark Souls would be cool too. My steamID is Tempestwing but my steam Display Name is Rainfall. This is all a link to my Steam profile.

XBOX 360: I have a 360, I love Action Games(I own all the DMCs, Bayonetta, Vanquish, but I love obscure things being bought for me and I don't have a copy of Mirror's Edge anymore :( ) I don't really like FPS games anymore, I could go for a good JRPG, the last one I really enjoyed was Lost Odyssey if that tells you anything.

SHIT I LIKE INCLUDES: TRON, Dragon Age, sweet glowin' shit, Guild Wars, Godzilla, Pacific Rim, delicious sour candies, roleplaying games, awesome cinema(seriously, I need more blu-rays, Marvel comics, LEGO, and Nerf.

Specifically, I cannot get enough of sweet-ass TRON stuff and it's really hard to find. If you find anything that would qualify as sweet-ass TRON stuff it will make me deeply happy.

All the Dragon Age stuff I want is listed on my Amazon Wishlist, but if there's any exceptionally cool or hard to find stuff that you've seen elsewhere, feel free to send it out!

While I love sweet glowing things, my new apartment doesn't have a ton of space, so please keep that in mind and don't mail me a shitload of things. But I love sweet glowing things. Don't be shy!

I play Guild Wars 2, my user ID is Rainfall.2397, and if you want to gift me piles of gold or a Legendary weapon or something, I'd honestly appreciate it. Also swag/plushies/stuff for GW2 in general.

I will take literally any Godzilla toys, Blu-Rays, swag, etc, that you can find. I love Godzilla and associated Kaiju shit SO MUCH.

Ditto for Pacific Rim. I could use all the NECA toys, posters, clothes, dog tags, those sweet ass PPDC tablet cases they were giving away at NYCC, whatever.

I like candy. Sour candies. The more sour the better. If you mail me candy I'll be pretty happy. Me and my girlfriend are both vegetarian so nothing with gelatin, please and thanks! That goes for any food you send, but milk/egg based stuff is fine.

RPGs! I recently sold off a shitload of my stuff. I could use new copies of the Scion books(mine are falling apart from use) and I love the Dark Heresy/Deathwatch/Rogue Trader line but I only have the original Dark Heresy core so some stuff from that could be pretty cool. Ummmm. I've got no greatest hits that I can think of that I desperately want on here.

Awesome movies: My blu-ray collection is pretty tiny. I don't have any Criterion Collection stuff, I'd fucking love the Marvel Phase 1 box(dem covers) and I'd love a copy of Demolition Man because somehow I still haven't bought one. Buy me movies and you're almost guaranteed a success.

Comics: I WANT MORE HELLBOY. Seriously, I have the giant black vol 1. and I would like more.

Marvel Comics: MODOK REIGNS SUPREME AND I JUST GOT A MODOK MUG FROM THINKGEEK BUT I LOVE MODOK STUFF AND ALSO MODOK I'll take anything Marvel NOW other than Hawkeye(buying it trade by trade already,) Captain Marvel(own it all,) and Avengers Assemble vol 2, Uncanny Avengers vol 1, and Hickman's Avengers vol 1. I'd really like some of the X-men stuff or Young Avengers and Avengers Arena(sorry, I liked what I read of it!) If you want to buy merch/swag/memorabilia/statuettes, my girlfriend goes crazy for anything Rogue or Gambit, I dig Carol Danvers, Dr. Doom, Luke Cage, and Thor. That also applies to comic books you might think of buying. There's a bunch of stuff in my amazon wishlist for this though. Uh and I want that one book where Dr. Doom and Dr. Strange go to hell and fight Mephisto and it's illustrated by Mike Mignola but I cannot for the life of me remember what it's called.

LEGO. I will take any LEGO sets you can get your hands on. I fucking love LEGO. I wish I had more room to store it in my apartment, but I'll make something work if I get LEGO. Also I REALLY want that LEGO Medusa from minifigures Series 10. It would go so well with my Cyclops and Minotaur!

Board Games: I would love some Android: Netrunner stuff, I just added it to my wishlist, I have literally nothing for it. I've never played it but I hear it's awesome. I also have a lot of Arkham Horror and more would be good(or would it?) and the expansions I don't have are on my wishlist. I wouldn't mind a copy of Dominion, but seriously my board game collection is crazy thin and mostly comprised of Carcassone, Arkham Horror and my Risk Legacy set. I also have Munchkin and Munchkin Cthulhu, so expansions for that would be accepted. Use your best judgement! I love good clean mechanics and also stupid ameritrashy stuff, I'm easy.

Nerf. I will also take Nerf stuff. I've just got the Vigilon disc gun and I'd like more disc guns because the discs kick ass. My girlfriend would probably get a kick out of some of the Rebelle things, too, since she's a sucker for pink.

DRINKING: I love drinking, but it's basically impossible to get booze in Canada via mail/the internet. So I put some whiskey glasses in my wishlist, that would be cool since I want to start drinking some scotch ever since I had some delicious 10 year old Talisker this summer. If you CAN figure out how to get me booze, I'd be pleased!

Re: NSFW stuff. Yeah, sure, why not! My girlfriend is always looking for new entertainment. It's at the bottom of my list for a reason, though. Unless you've got some serious inspiration re: mild bondage toys etc, probably don't bother.

In closing, sweet Satan, I eagerly anticipate the signs of your affection. Thank you.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    I haven't been posting a whole bunch but I'M TOTALLY DOWN FOR THIS.
    Placeholder
    Work-in-progress post while I figure out my lists and junk
    Basic Info
    - Items that I desire
    - CLOTHES
    - Fave colors = blue, green, purple (in that order)
    - Steam

General Interests
    - Magic the Gathering
    - Board games
    - Video games
    - Reading: fantasy, scifi, fiction
    - Beer
    - Diet Pepsi

If you need help or have questions, safest bet is to contact my hubby, @irtehmongoose

skettios on
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Schide wrote: »

Taking a creative writing class?

The words oozing from mind like the guts of a dead chipmunk that the cat has left as a present for you on the hot summer sidewalk.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    shiiiit I have to make a list for this I am the worst at lists

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFtb3EtjEic

I just moved so there's no internet at my house yet but you better believe I'm signing up.

#pipe on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Heres the thing, I love gifting. So pretty much as soon as I get my matchup I'm sending you something

• Options
    Fucking last year, man

I think @Stale was one of the first three people to send shit!

• Options
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Heres the thing, I love gifting. So pretty much as soon as I get my matchup I'm sending you something

Gifting is the best.

• Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    Fucking last year, man

I think @Stale was one of the first three people to send shit!

Stale was also the first person to receive anything, which was hilarious because he made such a big deal out of being the first person to send a gift.

This discussion has been closed.