As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Zero Punctuation: Can you feel the Internet Rage?

• Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Elucida wrote: »
    LewieP wrote: »
    The videos don't load up for me on ubuntu + Firefox, any suggestions?

Do you have NoScript and Adblock on firefox? Videoegg.com needs to be allowed on NoScript if you have it and you'll have to turn off adblock if you're using one of the lists like Filterset.G and Easylist.
    aha! Adblock + Filterset G.

cheers.

LewieP on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    You guys realise he is playing devils advocate right?

Also, am I the only person in the world that found stalker to be boring, pointless and dull?

i found it an immensely atmospheric and tense game, that was marred by some frustrating code, but made me optimistic for Fallout 3.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I can't get the new video to load for some reason. If someone were to say, put it up on YouTube, that would be dandy.

bruin on
  • Options
    GSMGSM Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The Escapist appears to have gone down completely today. I didn't think their addition of hosting Z.P. would somehow be too much bandwidth or something.

GSM on
    We'll get back there someday.
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    yeah, i wanted to show a friend some of his stuff, didn't work. But then, it's good to see him shooting straight up the internet celebrity ranks, 'cos his reviews are awesome.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    Retarded_TurkeyRetarded_Turkey Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    It's broken :(

Retarded_Turkey on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    BasticleBasticle Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Basticle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    "Maybe it's because my heart is a dried up little rotten apple of cynicism, but when something gets overhyped it's more likely to make me suspicious than excited."

I'm going to adopt this line as my life motto from now on. It just works for everything.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Martin Lawrence OliverMartin Lawrence Oliver Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    "Maybe it's because my heart is a dried up little rotten apple of cynicism, but when something gets overhyped it's more likely to make me suspicious than excited."

I'm going to adopt this line as my life motto from now on. It just works for everything.

You'll lead a charmed life now won't you.

Martin Lawrence Oliver on
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    That new episode is pure awesome.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Oh man, this is great. The subtext after the bioshock video is hilarious.

Now I just wish I could find the rest of the videos on youtube. So far Psychonauts and the HeavenlySword/RE5 video don't seem to be up.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    polaris314polaris314 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I finally got around to watching these last weekend after I saw them mentioned in like three different places (including here). Great stuff. The RE5 trailer bit where he talks about the "R" word in reference to the reaction to the setting is absolute gold.

polaris314 on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL/PSN-Polaris314/Twitter/DJ P0LARI5
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Aren't Psychonauts and Bioshock the same damn game? I mean, admittedly SS2 destroys Bioshock's originality rating in terms of gameplay. But you do new-ish things in a really excellent settings with a few unfortunate bugs/weird design decisions, and both on a console, even.

I was just surprised by the "Bah console kiddies!" for one and "Dammit this was the best" for the other. I loved both of them, and Psychonauts is sort of why I eventually got a 360 and Bioshock. What with taking bets on games that provide awesome settings, and realizing a console could do really cool things as well.

Edit: Not that these aren't some of the best reviews ever just for being to the point and entertaining.

Also, his adventure games while being wicked cliche and kinda only barely okay at first became pretty damn awesome by the end.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I didn't much care for the Bioshock review. It didn't deliver on the funnies like the previous reviews, but it wasn't bad.

The ending was very weak, though. Usually his videos have good endings.

reVerse on
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    reVerse wrote: »
    I didn't much care for the Bioshock review. It didn't deliver on the funnies like the previous reviews, but it wasn't bad.

Did you just review a review?

Renzo on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Your re-cap of his review didn't include enough detail for me to really decide whether to see it or not. In what way was the ending less entertaining than his usual? Should they even be compared to each other? Why is the funny important?

All these would be important for me to know before I can tell if it's worth my time to watch this.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

Your re-cap of his review didn't include enough detail for me to really decide whether to see it or not. In what way was the ending less entertaining than his usual? Should they even be compared to each other? Why is the funny important?

All these would be important for me to know before I can tell if it's worth my time to watch this.

I felt like your examination of reVerse's review of the Bioshock review was pretty well-done. It was concise but it included most of the points I would have brought up if I had been writing it myself. Overall I'd say you did a good job.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    Mobile-DMobile-D Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

I felt like your examination of reVerse's review of the Bioshock review was pretty well-done. It was concise but it included most of the points I would have brought up if I had been writing it myself. Overall I'd say you did a good job.

There's a Calvin and Hobbes of this, as I recall . . .

Mobile-D on
  • Options
    RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Is there an RSS feed for this fine fellow's reviews?

RandomEngy on
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Basticle wrote: »

Awesome! Thanks

bruin on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Wow, this guy is real popular among the PA crowd, huh? I watched two of his videos and didn't feel the need to watch anymore. He's mildly funny, I guess.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    StigmaStigma Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    These are fucking fantastic.

I especially liked the Heavenly Sword/RE5 clip.
    Time to use my time machine so I can go into the future and watch 500 more.

Stupid 12 hour shifts!

Stigma on
    YHWHYinYangblueblackblueborder.jpg
  • Options
    ZarcathZarcath Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I wonder if he'll ever do movie reviews?

Zarcath on
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I just shit my pants after that darkness demo review.

"But really, I'd only buy the darkness if it went down to budget price. And they threw in another, better game. And some cake. And Belgium."

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Anyone who likes this should really check out Consolevania too -
    http://www.cmd-q.com/consolevania/index.html

It's all golden, but I suggest starting at the start. These are the guys who did the awesome God Hand review
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBqB5LUKh8A

LewieP on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

It's all golden, but I suggest starting at the start. These are the guys who did the awesome God Hand review

I'm not sure if you're serious or not. Are you trying to imply we'd like the crap you linked because they have european accents?

Zarcath on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Zarcath wrote: »
    I'm not sure if you're serious or not. Are you trying to imply we'd like the crap you linked because they have european accents?
    What is a European accent? I wasn't aware that such a thing existed.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    StigmaStigma Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    What is a European accent? I wasn't aware that such a thing existed.

Any accent that originates from a European country or Australia.
    Except Spanish.
    That's not European.

Stigma on
    YHWHYinYangblueblackblueborder.jpg
  • Options
    LewishamLewisham Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    But South African is.

Lewisham on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

No.

They have completely different accents. Also they have vaguely similar styles of humour, in that I showed Zero Punctuation a bunch of people who like Consolevania, and they all loved it.

LewieP on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

No.

They have completely different accents. Also they have vaguely similar styles of humour, in that I showed Zero Punctuation a bunch of people who like Consolevania, and they all loved it.

Your logic is flawed sir. I'm sure bear fuckers would enjoy Zero Punctuation, does this mean we would enjoy fucking bears?

The answer is no.

Zarcath on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Why do you hate the Scottish?

Consolevania is fucking awesome, if you don't think so, then fine, it's not like me linking it harmed you in any way. It's possible (and I think highly likely) that some people reading this thread might like consolevania Would you prefer that no one ever recommended anything to anyone, because there is an off-chance they might dislike it.

LewieP on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Video Gaiden is okay, but it isn't really on a par, or the same type of thing at all. They also do proper reviews where as yahtzee is just angry about everything and amusingly so.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    JoJoHoraHoraJoJoHoraHora ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007

Consolevania is fucking awesome, if you don't think so, then fine, it's not like me linking it harmed you in any way. It's possible (and I think highly likely) that some people reading this thread might like consolevania Would you prefer that no one ever recommended anything to anyone, because there is an off-chance they might dislike it.

Well, I love that God Hand review, so those links were useful to somebody. Thanks.

But I guess I'm from Europe to so I don't count ;)

JoJoHoraHora on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Well, I love that God Hand review, so those links were useful to somebody. Thanks.

tbh I couldn't even understand half of what was being said in the God Hand review.

Zarcath on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

tbh I couldn't even understand half of what was being said in the God Hand review.

TBH it had punching so I don't get why you were listening to words.

durandal4532 on
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

You've only yourself to blame.
    English has been spoken that way longer than your way, whatever your way is.

Xagarath on
  • Options
    GihgehlsGihgehls Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The best way.

Gihgehls on
    PA-gihgehls-sig.jpg
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Renzo wrote: »

Did you just review a review?

I found reVerse's review to be too short and a little light on content and quality. Still, his punctuation and sentence structure was better than most.

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Gihgehls wrote: »
    The best way.

no, Giggles, just no.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
This discussion has been closed.