As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pinny Arcade - Pinny Pal Community thread

• Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    redfield85 wrote: »
    I'm excited for East and a trading meet-up. No clue what I might trade for, but should be fun to see all you hardcore nuts scrambling as I sit back in my enthusiastic ways and laugh (and then start trading hardcore because I can't resist this shit).

I think you will find that us Hardcore Nuts are more likely to have a solid gameplan. Prime allowed us to hone our techniques, East will be a cakewalk. Enthusiasts are more likely to scramble as their resistances break down, just as you fear.

I'm hoping that the pre-PAX meet-up will be fun. I have a few things planned, and I am hoping to have a couple of prizes to infect entice new people to become Pinthusiasts.

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    PedroAsani wrote: »
    redfield85 wrote: »
    I'm excited for East and a trading meet-up. No clue what I might trade for, but should be fun to see all you hardcore nuts scrambling as I sit back in my enthusiastic ways and laugh (and then start trading hardcore because I can't resist this shit).

I think you will find that us Hardcore Nuts are more likely to have a solid gameplan. Prime allowed us to hone our techniques, East will be a cakewalk. Enthusiasts are more likely to scramble as their resistances break down, just as you fear.

I'm hoping that the pre-PAX meet-up will be fun. I have a few things planned, and I am hoping to have a couple of prizes to infect entice new people to become Pinthusiasts.

Just have it before the Pokecrawl, my only requirement!

• Options
    edited November 2013
    I'm looking for strips with the staff in for my Pin display, so far I have Khoo, Kiko and Mike Fehlauer. Any idea which to pick for the others?

PedroAsani on
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2013
    I'm looking for strips with the staff in for my Pin display, so far I have Khoo, Kiko and Mike Fehlauer. Any idea which to pick for the others?
    Jamie
    Erika

I'm not sure if anyone else from the staff has been in the comic.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Oh God the Erika one. Haha. I'll laugh every time.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    Jake CappsJake Capps Patrick Space Force Base, FloridaRegistered User regular
    I also go
    I'm hoping that the pre-PAX meet-up will be fun.

Pre-Pax meet-up? This sounds cool. Keep me in the loop. I get in Thursday afternoon.

X4hAlPn.png

My Pinny Pal's Lanyard

"Players are artists who create their own reality within the game." - Shigeru Miyamoto
  • Options
    Manic2kManic2k Brotherhood of the Squirrel [AUS]Registered User regular
    okie dokie, I am trying a different method.

I have sent new pin pal partnership messages for group for confirmation and EAST prep.

Pinny arcade - Pin Pals community page: www.facebook.com/pinnypals
    Community Pinny Arcade Trading web site: http://www.pinnypals.com
    Pinny Arcade - Pin Pals twitter: @PA_PinPals
    SubReddit:http://www.reddit.com/r/pinnypals
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/pinnypals
  • Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    So now that we're getting close to the end of the year, and can just about see how many pins will be released this year, I'm ready to put my 2013 pins in a display case. I'm looking for one that will fit roughly 80-100 pins and at least fit 12 pins across. Just curious to know what you guys are doing to display yours and where would be a good place to get one this size

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    Ayefkay wrote: »
    So now that we're getting close to the end of the year, and can just about see how many pins will be released this year, I'm ready to put my 2013 pins in a display case. I'm looking for one that will fit roughly 80-100 pins and at least fit 12 pins across. Just curious to know what you guys are doing to display yours and where would be a good place to get one this size

Well I'm still getting prints sorted out, and trying to decide whether the prints and Pins should be in the same frame. If so I may need to make them myself. This might actually be easier than trying to use something that isn't quite right.

• Options
    VersuserikVersuserik (E) Versuserik Maui HawaiiRegistered User regular
    [img][/img]Zftyd1Z.jpg?1

This frame is just under 21"x17". I recently condensed the crap out of our collection to see if this frame would last the year. Kinda sloppy but not bad. There is room for the 15th Anniversary pin near the DLC and room underneath for the upcoming sets...

I just picked up a cheap frame that had a setback around the edges. I tossed the matting and replaced it with black foam-core I cut to size.

PAX PRIME 2015 Status:
    [♦ ] 4 Day Passes
    [♦ ] Hotel
    [ ] Plane Tickets
    [♦]Working my ass off to pay for all this shit.
  • Options
    yeah something that size would be good. I just want something simple and clean, i would put a bit of space between the pins though. Was waiting until the end of the year so i knew how many i would have to fit.

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    Aussie BenAussie Ben AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Here's mine (although I've since had some more pins added thanks to awesome fellow Pin Pals):

My dad and I custom built it, was nice to have a cool project to work together on! =) We got a standard pushpin board, covered it in black felt, and glued it into the frame, then put plywood on the back to keep it secure.

• Options
    Jake CappsJake Capps Patrick Space Force Base, FloridaRegistered User regular
    I'm waiting fore the official display case.

X4hAlPn.png

My Pinny Pal's Lanyard

"Players are artists who create their own reality within the game." - Shigeru Miyamoto
  • Options
    purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
    Jake Capps wrote: »

I am pretty sure they canceled the official case. They were afraid of shipping them.

• Options
    pureval wrote: »
    Jake Capps wrote: »

I am pretty sure they canceled the official case. They were afraid of shipping them.

Correct. They were worried about damage during shipping, particularly since we are talking about glass panels.

• Options
    vidvid Hot Dog Wizard PDXRegistered User regular
    Here's hoping they're repeat pins. If there's an exclusive Desert Bus pin in the prize lots, I think the squirrels will be in effect more than ever before. I wouldn't be able to function in a world where I missed out on a Desert Bus pin!

55ymlH2.png
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    What is desert bus?

• Options
    Desert Bus For Hope is a yearly event where the Loading Ready Run crew lock themselves in a big room and play the classic Penn and Teller video game "Desert Bus" for a good 5-6 days straight, depending on how many donations they get. It devolves into insanity about as quickly as you'd imagine, seeing as a game about driving a bus through the desert can only hold your attention for about five to ten seconds at the most.

55ymlH2.png
  • Options
    orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    News post with the final manufacturing:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/2013/11/04/pin-ultimate2

That logo pin looks awesome

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Talking about the KI Pin Ultimate box.

edit: Give me a sec. I'll get the right tweet linked. Ha.

edit: How do I link a string of conversation from Twitter? I swear it did it before.

edit: Link to huge image comparing the Pin Ultimate to a regular 360 game box. This got me excited for the end of this month.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    InsaneloonInsaneloon Jefferson City, MissouriRegistered User regular
    A wealth of new pin info today! The Desert Bus crew tweeted that they didn't have any new pins, but plenty of great already released pins. The brain squirrels are relieved - although it makes me wonder if there will be a DLC up for auction...

• Options
    Drayven_DarkoDrayven_Darko Canberra, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Those pins are so beautiful. It's definitely weakening my resolve to not invest in the collectors edition of a game I won't play for a console I won't own.

"Sometimes I doubt your commitment to 'Sparkle Motion'."
  • Options
    msuroomsuroo Registered User regular
    Wait, did anyone see who the 8th character was before that "top secret" bar went up over it? I don't feel like it was there at first, but didn't think to look closely at it.

• Options
    You know, I saw it too but didn't think anything of it, and now I don't remember.

• Options
    ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I little size reference for the Pin Ultimate edition.

• Options
    msuroo wrote: »
    Wait, did anyone see who the 8th character was before that "top secret" bar went up over it? I don't feel like it was there at first, but didn't think to look closely at it.
    Fulgore

55ymlH2.png
  • Options
    As much as I don't want that set because it's Killer Instinct, I do love the design, and hope they at least support some other games in the future (and I also hope there aren't too many to have to collect for).

• Options
    I would love to see similar cases released at PAX or the end of the year as a PA sanctioned way to display pins collected at the event/over the course of the year. Can you see these lined up on your shelf, pins nice and safe, with the ability to open them all and display if you like? That gets my motor running.

• Options
    CowpuppyCowpuppy Squirrel Squad (EAST) Registered User regular
    I think Mike mentioned in his post that they want to do Pin Ultimate editions for other games. Whether or not we see these bad boys released for general Pinny Arcade sets remains to be seen, but I'm pretty much in love with the tri-fold design so I hope it becomes an option.

Pins! Pins everywhere!
    Looking for Pins: DLC

There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?
  • Options
    I was hoping for a bit more info tbh.... Kind of already know what was posted today. Pins and case look super nice though!

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    I don't know what else there is to know at this point other than the actual pin designs themselves, and Mike had mentioned back when this was first announced that he hadn't drawn them all yet. Information about the monthly challenges would be cool, but I bet we don't hear about those until January. I have to say though, those pins get more gorgeous with every new picture that's released.

• Options
    Yeah, the finalized versions of the pins and display case look fantastic. I guess my ever growing need for pins and pin related information left me wanting more......always more..........

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    msuroomsuroo Registered User regular
    vid wrote: »
    Fulgore

You're my hero - that's what I was hoping.

• Options
    vid wrote: »
    Fulgore

You're my hero - that's what I was hoping.

Not totally unexpected, but glad to see.

I am really excited after the small, but useful, update today. The display case has put my mind at ease with the shear size of it and the storage capability.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    Drayven_DarkoDrayven_Darko Canberra, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    I'm hoping the official folders and whatnot are built to the same spec. I'd love to have a collection of those on a bookshelf.

Drayven_Darko on
    "Sometimes I doubt your commitment to 'Sparkle Motion'."
  • Options
    Yeah, that would be optimal. I also think they'd make great trade binders too, given how thin they fold up while still keeping the pins safe.

• Options
    DegraineDegraine Pinsomniac Victoria, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    So what games/franchises would you like to see Pinultimate editions for? What pins would be in them?

Degraine on
  • Options
    Aussie BenAussie Ben AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Well, Ace Attorney. With my Attorney's badge so I can finally show it to everyone.

This discussion has been closed.