As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Guilty Gear Accent Core+ coming to XBLA and PSN!

AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
edited February 2012 in Games and Technology
http://iplaywinner.com/news/2012/2/16/guilty-gear-xx-accent-core-plus-coming-to-xbla-and-psn.html

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Fuck yes!

10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
Antihippy on

• GrimthwackerGrimthwacker Registered User regular
    Antihippy wrote:
    http://iplaywinner.com/news/2012/2/16/guilty-gear-xx-accent-core-plus-coming-to-xbla-and-psn.html

Fuck yes!

Heaven or Hell. . . LET'S ROCK!!!

This was the one that was released on the Wii, right? So we're getting like the definitive version of X2 with non-stupid controls? Sounds great to me.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    hope the netcode is better than the guilty gear for the first xbox
    it was like playing in molasses

• AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    Antihippy wrote:

Fuck yes!

Heaven or Hell. . . LET'S ROCK!!!

This was the one that was released on the Wii, right? So we're getting like the definitive version of X2 with non-stupid controls? Sounds great to me.

Pretty sure it was on PS3 in NA, but yeah Wii only here in australia.

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    hope the netcode is better than the guilty gear for the first xbox
    it was like playing in molasses

The XX #Reload release for the 360 was actually worse.

wWuzwvJ.png
    edited February 2012
    Pretty sure that was through emulator, which should definitely make it worse.

This is based on a new arcade release so Arcsys will most probably implement their current fantastic netcode.

Antihippy on
  • TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    Oh my god yes

Guilty Gear is my favorite fighting series ever!

Anji and Faust are all I need in my life

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    TATAMI MAT

TATAMI MAT

TATAMI MAT

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
    edited February 2012
    As a celebration, I present to you, the best goddamn music from the entire guilty gear franchise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5UbHCXTTV4&feature=related

Though this is a pretty damn close second.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKc8gxBwuG0

Antihippy on
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Welp. Gonna listen to Guilty Gear music all day tomorrow now.

liEt3nH.png
  • CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    TATAMI MAT

TATAMI MAT

TATAMI MAT

You have correctly chosen Baiken... for that, you may live.

FWnykYl.jpg
  • TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    Isuka's soundtrack had some real gems there.

Back when XX Reload was the hot shit, I actually scored new copies of the LA and NY albums for $2 each. I like to tell myself that they'll be worth something someday.

And can I be blamed?

• mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    I remember when Media Play was closing down, years ago, they had a bin of XBox games for $3. I got Prince of Persia, and Guilty Gear something something something #.

I bought it simply because it had a pound symbol in the title.

I couldnt beat it on single player, I never understood what was going on, but for the music and the fact it was batshit insane my brother and I played it CONSTANTLY.

HEAVEN OR HELL.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Nothing has topped X2 and Overture's music yet. Because when its not Guilty Gear related, I think Daisuke gets lazy and he busts out the drum machines. Always great compositions though.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    Fuck Isuka.

And give me playable netcode. Then we good.

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    All I got to say is...

Potemkin BUSTAAAAAAAAAAAH

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    This is cool. I played GG casually back in the day but now that I know a bit more about fighting games it'll be nice to give it another go and see how I do.

Heavy Metal is OP

• blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote:
    All I got to say is...

Potemkin BUSTAAAAAAAAAAAH

GO HOME POTEMKIN

Many Eldritch Rituals will be performed to ensure great netcode so that I can bring my Testament back to the party.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Going my way!!!!!! Also the single player wasn't bad man , it was the FUCKING MISSION MODE that made me punch the floor so hard it scared people downstairs.Fucking gold I-no was such a bitch. I-no! My beautiful rock and roll witch returns to me!

• MalechaiMalechai Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    This news warms my heart. Hope they use a more high res sprite for the game though. Playing GGAC+ through my ps3's ps2 emulation is painful in HD.

Also this is hands down the greatest guilty gear track of all time though it's not as well known cause it was only used in GGX. After Zato became Eddy it was never used again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RchqgTVgugg

Kinda sad that the acoustic dosn't show up as well in this version as the original but still awesome.

Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Malechai wrote:
    This news warms my heart. Hope they use a more high res sprite for the game though. Playing GGAC+ through my ps3's ps2 emulation is painful in HD.

Also this is hands down the greatest guilty gear track of all time though it's not as well known cause it was only used in GGX. After Zato became Eddy it was never used again.

Kinda sad that the acoustic dosn't show up as well in this version as the original but still awesome.

+1. Back when I used to make silly boss kill videos for my guild on WoW, I used the original of this track for a Ragnaros kill. A level 60, original MC Ragnaros kill.

PS. My Jam will destroy all.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

edited February 2012
    Malechai wrote:

Most definitely going to be OG sprites with ugly filters.

Time to scrub it up with my bridget. I haven't played this game in a long time. Got to learn so much.

Antihippy on
    Yeah, I'm rusty as fuck. It's gonna be rough getting back in with Testament. I might start with Ky just to get my GG fundamentals back.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • CyborgZetaCyborgZeta Registered User regular
    My only GG experience was with Accent Core on the Wii so this is definitely good news for me. Plan on just using Ky.

"Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than Hell itself...That is coffee." - Godot
    I've been playing GG from the dreamcast release of X. Bouncing from sol to zato/eddie to chipp and jam at the end of my time with the game. I still suck compared to some of the guys I use to play against. Can't wait to annoy people online with all the yelling Jam does.

sig5ez4.jpg
    Can anyone help me figure out the footsies to BB and GG? I got the latest BlazBlue and I can't land hits on anyone or Ukemi without getting hit some more. It seems way more unforgiving than Guilty Gear. And that's saying something.

• BigJoeMBigJoeM Registered User regular
    Gonna need to get my Johnny game back up to snuff.

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    Cantido wrote:
    Can anyone help me figure out the footsies to BB and GG? I got the latest BlazBlue and I can't land hits on anyone or Ukemi without getting hit some more. It seems way more unforgiving than Guilty Gear. And that's saying something.
    depends what character you're playing
    i should be able to help you, but maybe it's better to put in the BB thread?

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
    Cantido wrote:
    depends what character you're playing
    i should be able to help you, but maybe it's better to put in the BB thread?
    Some players you have to wait for them to mess up and make a move with a large window to counter in it and punish. Lead with a or b then go into a combo.

sig5ez4.jpg
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    GG also does excellent fucked up Thrash from hell
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvPRk-QT5pk

Overture was a great idea but that game needed a lot of work. I wrote a gamescript for it and blackgenma edited it and put it on GameFAQs. Daisuke should play Monday Night Combat. The difference is in the Maps. Anime-dashing though all those tight corridors is a chore. The battlefield needs to be big and open for big, open battles. If it had those, I probably would have liked it more. Good god do those maps suck.

Overture was the first thing to make Sol likable for me. Usually all he says is "get out of my way."

Cantido on
    Best thing about Overture is dat soundtrack tbh. So many good songs, though I don't really care for the kinda half-assed Holy Orders with the completely random violin thrown in.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    So it looks like not only are they rereleasing Accent Core but they're rebalancing too.

http://shoryuken.com/2012/06/28/change-list-for-2nd-guilty-gear-xx-accent-core-plus-r-location-test-released/

Man I hope Ky got buffed. Arc Sys likes putting my characters through drastic changes all the time.

That is not a small amount of changes, holy shit.

wWuzwvJ.png
    edited July 2012
    Daisuke is OP

I'll take an Overture 2 as long as drastic, drastic improvements are made.

Cantido on
    Reviving a necro-thread isn't usually my thing, but I honestly haven't seen much news about GGXrd while there is a fair bit of it out there. I figure this thread is a good place to bring it up, and then maybe start a new thread when the game is closer to release.

Right now there's a few loc-tests with arcades in Japan as video below shows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKjaWl_UbCc

SRK also managed to share some leaked pachinko art (which should not be taken as any kind of confirmation on whether all of the characters present will be included).

What can be confirmed are Ky, Sol, Potemkin, May, I-No, Slayer, Millia and Faust are all in. Also, the game is PS4 exclusive.

• PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Sharon! Don't see her very often.

I probably shouldn't be, but I'm amused at how Slayer just tosses her aside after draining her, and she floats like a piece of paper.

Also, I-No's face after that Faust move.