As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WOW] I guess there's an Expansion coming out this year ? Maybe ?

• RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Totally bummed out yesterday. Getting 500MS ping on my server last night, prevented me from completing the last SoO wing before the reset. :(

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Riokenn wrote: »
    Totally bummed out yesterday. Getting 500MS ping on my server last night, prevented me from completing the last SoO wing before the reset. :(

Prepare for the realm overlay

• sumwarsumwar Registered User regular
    Holy crap they nerfed LFR again across the board wings 2-4. There was some difficulty in certain groups but now I think it's not going to be so bad anymore they really neutered any difficult it had left. Can't complain too much, it is LFR after all.

• sumwarsumwar Registered User regular
    Halfmex wrote: »
    And another barrage of nerfs for SoO LFR on deck for tomorrow:
    Siege of Orgrimmar

Note: All the adjustments below affecting Raid Finder difficulty will require a realm restart to take effect!
    Galakras
    Master Cannoneer Dagryn, High Enforcer Thranok, and Lieutenant Krugruk now have less health and deals less damage on Raid Finder difficulty.
    Dragonmaw Flameslinger's Flame Arrows now deals less damage on Raid Finder difficulty.
    Dragonmaw Tidal Shaman's Chain Heal now heals for 5% of health (down from 10%) on Raid Finder difficulty.
    Iron Juggernaut
    Iron Juggernaut now has less health and deals less damage on Raid Finder difficulty.
    Kor'kron Dark Shaman
    Earthbreaker Haromm's Froststorm Strike now deals less damage on Raid Finder difficulty.
    Wavebinder Kardris' Froststorm Bolt and Toxic Tornado now deals less damage on Raid Finder difficulty.
    General Nazgrim
    General Nazgrim's Sundering Blow now has a cap at 4 stacks, allowing him to gain up to a maximum of 25 Rage (50 while in Berserker Stance) on Raid Finder difficulty.
    Kor'kron Arcweavers, Kor'kron Assassins, Kor'kron Ironblades, and Kor'kron Warshamans now have less health and deals less damage on Raid Finder difficulty.
    Spoils of Pandaria
    Increased the time available before the defense system fully powers up for each quadrant to 360 seconds (up from 300 seconds) on Raid Finder difficulty.
    Mantid Commanders' Set to Blow ability now deals less damage on Raid Finder difficulty.
    Siegecrafter Blackfuse
    Siegecrafter Blackfuse now deals less damage on Raid Finder difficulty.
    Crawler Mine's Detonate! ability now deals less damage on Raid Finder difficulty.
    Disassembled weapons now have less health on Raid Finder difficulty.
    Siegecrafter Blackfuse's Electrostatic Charge is now also applied to player controlled pets.
    Resolved an issue where Blackfuse Sellsword's Envenomed Shadowstep was causing more damage than intended.
    Paragons of the Klaxxi
    Hisek the Swarmkeeper's Sonic Resonance should no longer damage players that were also the target of his Aim ability.
    Garrosh Hellscream
    Garrosh Hellscream now deals less damage on Raid Finder difficulty.
    Kor'kron Warbringers now haveless health on Raid Finder difficulty.
    Farseer Wolf Riders now have less health and their Ancestral Chain Heal heals for 5% of health (down from 10%) on Raid Finder difficulty.
    Minion of Y'Shaarj's Empowering Corruption is now less effective on Raid Finder difficulty.
    Empowered Touch of Y'Shaarj now increases the health of mind controlled players by 50% (down from a 100% increase) on Raid Finder difficulty.

That's in addition to the ones from last week and the ones a week or so before that. Starting to wonder if it wasn't better to just have the raidwide debuff in place like ICC and DS.

Blizzard said they prefer to buff people over time with valor points and warforged gear but I prefer when they did the ICC Dragon Soul type nerf to the raid where they buff you or progressively nerf the monsters in the raid.

• AdvocateAdvocate Registered User regular
    Rumors flying left and right about the next expansion since Warlords of Draenor got trademarked in the US. Could it really be the time travel expac in those "leaks"? I'm not sure how I would feel about that...

• Mei HikariMei Hikari Registered User regular
    Advocate wrote: »
    Rumors flying left and right about the next expansion since Warlords of Draenor got trademarked in the US. Could it really be the time travel expac in those "leaks"? I'm not sure how I would feel about that...
    Walt wrote: »
    zsZ8GP7.jpg

• HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    It seems a near-certainty that the expansion's going to be primarily focused on the return of the Legion and having us head back to Outland (which itself indicates a probable revamp of the TBC content). I assume we'll see the Draenei get an actual capital city now rather than the banged up crashed spaceship they've been using for the past seven years. We may even get flying in the Draenei and Blood Elf starting cities as well.

Alongside that, it seems to be a strong possibility that the Infinite Dragonflight will play a large part in the expansion as well. There've been a lot of rumors and a few 'say-it-without-saying-it' comments from Blizzard that support that theory as well.

We'll know in three days. Woo!

Edit: I am bad at calendars.

Halfmex on
    Mei Hikari wrote: »
    zsZ8GP7.jpg

My favorite:
    tumblr_mvq06nlXAY1s34k10o1_1280.jpg

• RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

What is that?

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    Weird. I guess lfr was really worse than my experiences. I don't think I ever had a problem healing or ranking it, but of course there were a few wipes. At that point I just told them the mechanics, to have fun and collect loot. It always managed to work at that point, hah.

• HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Oh god the 'some love for your alts: Sand Powder +800%' line still gets me every time I see it.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Mei Hikari wrote: »
    zsZ8GP7.jpg

My favorite:
    tumblr_mvq06nlXAY1s34k10o1_1280.jpg

Man that'd be awesome.

I'm not even joking.

I have always wanted an 'unglued' style xpack (from magic the gathering ages ago) where they just throw a lot of shit in for giggles and have a good time with it. Warcraft has never been srs bsnss even when the lore likes to pretend otherwise. A good year or so of just absurdity could clear the air and be fun.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    It seems a near-certainty that the expansion's going to be primarily focused on the return of the Legion and having us head back to Outland (which itself indicates a probable revamp of the TBC content). I assume we'll see the Draenei get an actual capital city now rather than the banged up crashed spaceship they've been using for the past seven years. We may even get flying in the Draenei and Blood Elf starting cities as well.

Alongside that, it seems to be a strong possibility that the Infinite Dragonflight will play a large part in the expansion as well. There've been a lot of rumors and a few 'say-it-without-saying-it' comments from Blizzard that support that theory as well.

Interestingly enough, the Exodar is fully functioning now. According to the lore, they fixed it. A spaceship might be useful in the fight against a demonic space horde eh? It also might have been useful in a siege against the capital city of your enemies but I guess Velen is dumb.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    So apparently the banners for WoW popping up at blizzcon (and according to mmo-champ in your bnet account) are Thrall in Doomhammers armor.

So either he's putting that shit back on (yes please) or this really might be some silly alternate reality/time travel xpack as rumored. Which I'm not a fan of. At all.

EDIT: looking closer, actually, I think that's the same thrall image that was a wow wallpaper ages ago before he became jesus shaman thrall.

EDITx2: this one
    battlecry_std_1024x768.jpg

So nevermind. :rotate:

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    So apparently the banners for WoW popping up at blizzcon (and according to mmo-champ in your bnet account) are Thrall in Doomhammers armor.

So either he's putting that shit back on (yes please) or this really might be some silly alternate reality/time travel xpack as rumored. Which I'm not a fan of. At all.

I know the picture on the b.net site is a picture of thrall from vanilla wow, that's actually being re-used

EDIT: Same with the banner, now that I see it.

Javen on
  • MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    What's the pool up to for whether we get mounted combat?

I actually want most of the Outland landscape to stay intact. If they just overhauled the quest chains/pacing and possibly some of the leveling path (ie which zones to hit), that would be sufficient.

Also, I'd really enjoy a Gruul/Mag/Kara 2.0

• BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    My flex guild tried normal SoO last night for grins after the raid didn't start until an hour late and we only had 10 people anyway.

We suck at normal Immerseus apparently. I might as well never stop moving as a healer, and keeping everyone covered by even 3 healers was tough.

I guess that fight is all about the 1st couple of phase changes though.

Brainleech wrote: »

What is that?

Connected Realms but I like calling it the realm overlay since it is a better explanation in fewer words

Mugsley wrote: »

I actually want most of the Outland landscape to stay intact. If they just overhauled the quest chains/pacing and possibly some of the leveling path (ie which zones to hit), that would be sufficient.

They could just add more land floating out there up or down and still have the 60-70 content

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »

Interestingly enough, the Exodar is fully functioning now. According to the lore, they fixed it. A spaceship might be useful in the fight against a demonic space horde eh? It also might have been useful in a siege against the capital city of your enemies but I guess Velen is dumb.

I would think mostly just the surface targets, since most of Siege was taking place underground.

Not sure what the glowing christmas tree that actually runs the place/owns the ship would've thought in regards to using it for that, though.

Although if the Exodar is up and running finally, does that mean Tempest Keep is finally purged as well? The Exodar was just the fourth satellite ship for it.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch

I'll won't say 'never' for anything with this game because they've pretty much proven that even if they say a particular feature is something they'll 'likely' never do, that stance ends up being entirely reversed in a few years' time. I do think they'd need a different engine for mounted combat, though, if only because Vashj'ir was a pretty solid indicator of how poorly their combat in 360 degrees seems to work out. I think it's an interesting idea though, and I'd love to see their take on it.

Outland is an odd bird for me. Terokkar, Blade's Edge and Nagrand are all very atmospheric and solid, whereas HFP and Shadowmoon Valley are quite a bit less interesting, visually. The general idea of the aesthetic is solid but the execution is something that definitely could be improved upon, and I believe they've even said as much in past interviews. The mountains just all have that 'melted ice cream' look to them rather than the much more distinctive and natural forms of the newer landscape designs in MoP.

• CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    What I think would be neat, is if they managed to put pieces of Outland back together. It would be an excuse to give some areas a graphical overhaul and it'd be nice to end up a bit ahead for once rather than slightly worse off as usual.

• LarsLars Registered User regular
    If Warlords of Draenor is true, there are actually different ways they could handle Outland:

1. Outland isn't touched, time travel is involved and we go to Draenor before it broke apart
    2. New landmasses are discovered for the new leveling content, old parts of Outland may get some tweaking
    3. It's an entirely new place populated by people who left Draenor when it broke apart and thus nothing is done to Outland
    4. Since they are rebalancing everything anyways for the stat squish, Northrend/Cataclysm/Pandaria are retooled to cover level 58-90 and Outland is expanded (or even somehow "repaired") and now covers 90-95 (or 100).

On a different topic, this Connected Realms thing, I really hope they eventually speed up the process or at least go for a larger amount of realms per push, because at this rate we're going to be in the middle of next year before they get just the 200 NA realms on board.\

Fuck, why oh why didn't I just jump at that server move deal when I had the chance?

Oh Blood Legion, you so crazeh

0kaJ7Gv.jpg

edited November 2013
    You know, I just have to wonder what enjoyment - I mean real, true joy - these bleeding-edge, super-mega-hardcore raiders get out of the game? Are they actually having fun? Because it sounds like they're miserable from patch to patch, expansion to expansion. Having been with this game from the start as many of us have, we've seen the frankly vitriolic changes in class balance from day one until today. Classes with whole specs that were for all intents and purposes completely useless in one tier emerged as a dominant force in the next. Sometimes that lasts for an entire expansion, sometimes it doesn't.

But speaking as someone with nine level capped characters, I just can't understand why people get so fixated on the infinitesimal disparity between class balance these days. Let's be honest: it's as good as it's ever been in this game and it's -still- not good enough for a number of people. Do you really give a shit if your mage does 4% less damage than your warlock? Really?

Halfmex on
    Blood Legion in particular. Method seem to be really relaxed for how much they play, their kill videos are full of them shit talking and messing around.
    BL though, their videos are just full of Rigg telling people how shit they are. I don't know why they put up with it.

On class balance, it does annoy me a little. I get nothing beyond my damage as a Mage. Time Warp, yeah sure but we also have 2 Shamans. Our Warlock sits there and does more damage than me, helps out the entire group with lock rocks, and is insanely more bulky than I am due to Fel Armour and Soul Leech. To me, it's less about the damage difference and more than he brings so much more to the group than I do.

I pretty much a few tricks to try and survive big damage, but there's really nothing big enough that a lock can't also tank with Sac Pact or Bargain. It's frustrating to see all that, in addition to being beaten on damage.

Also the Mage 90 talents are fucking horrible and need to be cut into tiny pieces and fed to the dogs.

I feel it depends on how you approach it. I see sim numbers as more of a challenge than proof a class sucks. "So you're saying Enh is the worst melee this Tier? I'll prove you wrong..." (obv never happened >.>) What's more interesting is all the people that went Warlock and sucked hairy donkey balls at it, but stayed with the class because they were "totally OP."

For me, it's more that I'm not good at more than 2 classes for any given period. Even then, I'm still pressing buttons and hoping for the best on that second class, about 80% of the time.

• CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    I was a part of an American "bleeding edge guild" during vanilla/TBC, quit and came back during ICC for a bit. I deleted my character and all remnants of that life. It was miserable, but didn't feel that way until I stepped away for a month.

• EnialisEnialis Registered User regular
    Mage has been super frustrating this expansion, the gear levels and nerfs have compressed the normal expansion wide terrible-to-OP power curve into every tier. Most of the fights where it has been super advantageous to have a mage are due to cheesing mechanics not raw damage (ex: Le Shin transitions).

My guild has 3 mages (including me) that are basically 100% attendance. We're normally all in by mid-tier due to scaling and because we're quick learners, but we've done a bit of pine riding first couple weeks of each tier. Compared to locks and hybrids the class design is just outdated.

• PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    I feel it depends on how you approach it. I see sim numbers as more of a challenge than proof a class sucks. "So you're saying Enh is the worst melee this Tier? I'll prove you wrong..." (obv never happened >.>) What's more interesting is all the people that went Warlock and sucked hairy donkey balls at it, but stayed with the class because they were "totally OP."

OMG this^^^^^

I can't tell you how much people gang up and harass the (i hope) newbie locks in LFR putting out only 40k dps. They get so much shit about it, and I'm not 100% sure they don't deserve it.

So, couple fun things: Guess i'm finally hitting the ok mark on my ret pally. I don't use add-ons, but most times when I see a recount post im pulling 200-220k dps. I 'guess' that's ok.

But hells, man, LFR and Blizz hates me so much. I used ALL my free time to run LFR last week, focusing on my pally since he had 10/10 wisdom and 7/10 power sigils. None drop from SoO at all (as well as no gear in general, which I didnt need so much but was also annoying). Last night I say screw it and do all of ToT. No sigils at all for the first three wings and finally one each for the final wing. LMAO. So I proceed to waste the entire night and do all HoF to unlock ToES to defeat the sha and close out chapter one so I can start afresh today with the stupid valor gate....

A little tired lol. Tell you what tho, I felt like a badass in HoF and ToES lol. We almost downed the first boss doing it in exactly the wrong order first time lol, but that was fun for many reasons (tank had a mix of pvp and reg gear, all below 460).

edit: when I said none drop from SoO I meant only the first two wings of course. I wanted to do final for the first time on my pally but was trying to squeeze all of this nonsense in.

Papagander on
    “There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    My raid guild had the worst mages in Cataclysm. They wouldn't Blink/Counterspell on heroic Halfus.

• PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    oh, i have to ask this too: Is it suddenly ok for a Blood DK tank to dual wield. Back when I was more 'hip' to the 'hardcore' in CATA this was a noob move. I kind of assume it still is, as the guy was the same mentioned in above post.

“There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
    Is there anything to do with my 1907389173182 lesser coins yet that I've somehow missed?

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    "No" to both of the posts above me.

edited November 2013
    Papagander wrote: »
    oh, i have to ask this too: Is it suddenly ok for a Blood DK tank to dual wield. Back when I was more 'hip' to the 'hardcore' in CATA this was a noob move. I kind of assume it still is, as the guy was the same mentioned in above post.

Only when dancing rune weapon is out.

EDIT: Damn I miss blood DPS.

Bigity on
    They should give blood DKs Threat of Thassarian so we at least have the option of duel wield tanking, I just think it would cool.

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    God I miss dw frost tanking from wrath. I used to love it so much

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    the problem for mages is less their DPS than it is utility; warlock portals alone have been pretty crucial for a lot of fights (especially on 25) and warlock survivability is equivalent to mages' (arguably better.) Plus another battle rez, more aoe/cleave potential, etc.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
This discussion has been closed.