As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Wildstar]One thread down, hopefully many more to go

• CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    It is glorious.

488W936.png
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Gosh, we're gonna need a new thread soon if we keep going at this rate

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »

A WINTER BETA thread.

488W936.png
    Corehealer wrote: »

A WINTER BETA thread.

OP was due for an overhaul anyway in light of outdated/new information. Not sure if I should jump the gun or just ride it out til 99 or so

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i could post about my opinions about racial restrictions again to carry us home

liEt3nH.png
    edited November 2013
    Racial restrictions are indeed dumb. I haven't heard anything about any specific racial skills since they were still pretty on the fence about that 3 months ago, in which case it would be a balance issue with specific race/class/path combinations in mind. This sounds like purely for the sake of "lol lore" reasons. Which is fine as well,(Would you REALLY want a chua as your medic?) but still.

Beezel on
    Nope. There is no excuse for racial restrictions. Lore should not impede being able to be any combination of race/class/path you want.

Frankly, the Mechari not being able to be the [REDACTED] class is kind of absurd given that they are mechanical beings. You'd think they'd be naturally inclined towards it as a career.

488W936.png
    Even though warriors are the boring Scott Summers of mmo classes I'm still pretty hyped for the new devspeak

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Nope. There is no excuse for racial restrictions. Lore should not impede being able to be any combination of race/class/path you want.

Frankly, the Mechari not being able to be the [REDACTED] class is kind of absurd given that they are mechanical beings. You'd think they'd be naturally inclined towards it as a career.

What do you mean I'm not suited for this role? Just let me swap out this module with that one and I'm set!

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    edited November 2013
    Just a heads up, the new beta application doesn't ask for a group leader anymore in the group sign up options. The new OP is going to reflect that. I'm actually writing up the new OP now so I'll have it ready by the time we hit the page limit so if you guys want me to include anything specific, now would be a pretty good time to let me know.

Beezel on
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I should probably look into getting access to my NCSoft account again sometime.

Been trying to reset the password but have never actually gotten the e-mails to do so. Best online technical, NCSoft.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Did you have any NC Soft games registered that still exist? The last time I tried to log in the page just went "welp, all the games you registered are now dead, make a new account" (City of Heroes, Tabula Rasa, Auto Assault).

• knight11eknight11e Registered User regular
    Glal wrote: »
    Tabula Rasa, Auto Assault

you are either a glutton for punishment or one tough sonovabitch, based on my anecdotal knowledge of those 2 games.

edited November 2013
    Did you have any NC Soft games registered that still exist? The last time I tried to log in the page just went "welp, all the games you registered are now dead, make a new account" (City of Heroes, Tabula Rasa, Auto Assault).

Guild Wars 1, 2, and Aion. (Sadly, in regards to all three.)

Going through the GW2 page to reset it requires the serial number, which I don't think I ever got since I bought it digitally from their store.

EDIT: What the deuce. Went through and tried a bunch of old account names and passwords and got it to work somehow.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »

Guild Wars 1, 2, and Aion. (Sadly, in regards to all three.)

Going through the GW2 page to reset it requires the serial number, which I don't think I ever got since I bought it digitally from their store.

Check the e-mail you purchased with. The code should have been e-mailed to you in some way. Sometimes they're attached to the payment invoice and not direct from the seller.

edited November 2013
    edited November 2013
    Oh, that link also mentions the Medic and Engineer as classes so we can stop redacting them.

WildStar Whup-Ass! Now available in six deliciously vicious flavors - Warrior, Esper, Stalker, Spellslinger, Medic and Engineer! Ingredients are not limited to but may include: guns, missiles, blades, shades, claws, jaws, bots, dots, clones, drones, rockets, ricochets, flak, gas, sorcery, surgery, telekinesis, teleportation, bigger guns, miscellaneous stuns, poison runes, shock paddles of doom, fire and ice, lightning and lice, radiation, persuasion, magnetism, cataclysm, infection, misdirection, vivisection, lasers, razors, gazers and blazers! And that's just the first sip!

Yay!

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Man, that Cassian Warrior totally has some WoW Paladin T2 going on.

• destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Oh, that link also mentions the Medic and Engineer as classes so we can stop redacting them.

WildStar Whup-Ass! Now available in six deliciously vicious flavors - Warrior, Esper, Stalker, Spellslinger, Medic and Engineer! Ingredients are not limited to but may include: guns, missiles, blades, shades, claws, jaws, bots, dots, clones, drones, rockets, ricochets, flak, gas, sorcery, surgery, telekinesis, teleportation, bigger guns, miscellaneous stuns, poison runes, shock paddles of doom, fire and ice, lightning and lice, radiation, persuasion, magnetism, cataclysm, infection, misdirection, vivisection, lasers, razors, gazers and blazers! And that's just the first sip!

Yay!

They must have changed that since. Now I'm seeing "Warrior, Esper, Stalker, Spellslinger, ??? and ???!"

steam_sig.png
    Echo wrote: »
    Man, that Cassian Warrior totally has some WoW Paladin T2 going on.

I know, isn't it great?

488W936.png
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
  • Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular

/looks at this
    /looks at the leaked class list

wait so
    I'm inferring that this means that for some reason, you can't be a Mechari Engineer?

That

What?

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/

/looks at this

wait so
    I'm inferring that this means that for some reason, you can't be a Mechari Engineer?

That

What?

Maybe it's some sort of anti-Skynet coding deep in their BIOS? Where robots aren't allowed to build and design other robots.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Where is the info coming from that's saying Mechari can't be [REDACTED]?

I can't find it right now, but I'd swear I'd seen a tweet linked on a WildStar fansite forum (not here) that was saying Mechari could be both of the 'secret' classes. If I find it again, I'll check the authenticity of it.

If true, it's saddening and a little confusing. Just from a race balance perspective, Mechari almost have to be allowed to choose at least one of the two unknown classes. Otherwise they only have two classes available to them.

Either way, we should know in five or six weeks. (I'm assuming they'll save the reveal of the last two for the end.)

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    It might explain why they're desperately looking for those Precursor guys, actually, if they're programmed not to make more of them, or even to repair themselves.

Or maybe they're philosophically opposed to using other robots as slave? Organic life is fine, as it's inferior.

*E* in any case it's one of the dumber "this race can't be this class" examples I've seen in a long while, and I played 2nd edition D&D.

Lucid_Seraph on
    See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/

/looks at this

wait so

That

What?

Maybe it's some sort of anti-Skynet coding deep in their BIOS? Where robots aren't allowed to build and design other robots.

Judging by the fact the Eldan have disappeared, and sent the Mechari out as agents into the wider galaxy for extended periods which would necessitate them periodically repairing themselves without the Eldan's help, AND the state that Nexus is in today with death robots less refined then the Mechari running around, I highly doubt that the Eldan thought that far ahead.

488W936.png
    Don't ask how I know there's race restrictions, because that's subject to change. And also if I told you I'd have to shoot you with my laser cannon.

488W936.png
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod

Heck, Ahnuld said he has data files on human biology. You know, to better exterminate heal us.

If the Eldan wanted humans dead, they would have sent the Mechari to kill them, not help them create the Dominion.

If the Mechari want humans dead, as I'm sure they do most of the time, the Dominion humans have only to point in the direction of those inbred Exile hicks and say "Fire".

488W936.png
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    One thing that race/class restrictions provide is a feature for Carbine to insert with great excitement into future expansions and DLC's. "Hey look everybody, Mechari Warlocks !! Woo Hoo !!"

• Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Robots building robots? How perverse!

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    I have to say, while their humor is appreciated, it doesn't need to be everywhere. It starts to lose it's charm when everything is "super cool!"

That "level up" think they previewed a little while ago is a great example. That is an oversaturation of style and humor. I don't want that level of ridiculousness happening every time I level. For me, it's not appreciated. That would be a really cool level up animation for the very first level you get. Past that, let's just stick with the traditional and unintrusive "ding".

Anon the Felon on
    edited November 2013
    Okay so the warrior stuff doesn't look as boring as I thought

Edit: That cassian female's armor looks cold as ice

Beezel on
    Okay so the warrior stuff doesn't look as boring as I thought

Edit: That cassian female's armor looks cold as ice

And the least derpy.

Barring a letdown on my Mechari engineer, I will make a Cassian warrior for sure at some point.

488W936.png
    edited November 2013
    I actually do like that the exile armor fits in with their theme. It all looks like refurbished or cobbled together from stuff they stole/found and held up with duct tape in a sense. Like the Granok example basically found some glowing tubes and was all "Dibs"

Edit: Also seems the metagames are starting in earnest
    http://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/1q1owx/warrior_devspeak_disclaimer_clue_screenshots/

Beezel on
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Race class restrictions?

:-\

Dear game developers: Please stop imitating WoW 2005-2007

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Do we know if they're keeping people from the past betas for the new beta?

Past beta testers are getting invited back.

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Past beta testers are getting invited back.

That is good information to know.

Thank you for appeasing my completely random curiosity.

This discussion has been closed.