As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Deadly Premonition: Twin Peaks + Open World + Zombies + Clunkiness - NOW ON XBOX LIVE

• heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Just a quick question. Did you try using DPfix to change the resolution?

M A G I K A Z A M
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    Just a quick question. Did you try using DPfix to change the resolution?

I could do that, but my line to Steam right now is that the publisher did not inform me on their game page that the game required a 16:9 monitor to play, and that I want a refund because a) false advertising and b) don't want to give money to a publisher who shits out a port like this. Steam has told me I have to try going through the game's customer support first, before being able to get a refund. So I need them to actually respond to my email.

Ah. Okay, fair enough.

M A G I K A Z A M
    At this rate though, I don't think my Taking a Stance is going to matter.

• VeganVegan Registered User regular
    Well, at least you can play KOTOR without getting all fiddly with ini files and such.

steam_sig.png
    KOTOR had the benefit of actually being released on PC by the developer.

• mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    On the PS3 version somehow I have the DLC suit that has the red flowers all over it. I have no idea why.

I bought it from Amazon so I got the Field Ops suit as a pre-order.

It just randomly appeared on me when I changed to a normal suit.

I am now terrified to change.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    In non-Durante mod news, this guy made a mod to add all of Emily's different models from the game as selectable outfits in the DLC menu. (WARNING, MAJOR SPOILERS. Don't even click on that link unless you've completed the game once in some form.) I've tested it, and it seems to work fine with DPFix.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    For those stuck with long loading times:

Apparently hitting ALT and sometimes ESC a couple times (ALT pauses, so once for pause, 2nd for unpause) will for whatever reason speed up loading times dramatically. Only works in fullscreen though.

• Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Goodness, I cannot express how disappointed I am that this port has turned out to be such a piece of absolute crap. Does anyone have any opinions on how the new frame story works out? It seems utterly pointless and like it could possibly detract from the storytelling.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    az3LPzW.png

Hopefully they fix proper controller support - sounds like they may be working on that.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    Do we have an ETA on the patch and what it will address? Haha, wait, will it actually address what they say it will? Let's just say I am not super confident.

We'll see. They also said a patch was in the works for the PS3 version, I believe. We never got that.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    I watched a LP of the 360 version of this over the last week. I'll probably never play this just due to the lack of time but i'll pick it up on steam sale and gift it to someone so they can experience the.. uniqueness. Really loved the setting. The last few hours are ... interesting. Hearing combat was an afterthought makes a lot of sense.

camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
    Yeah so no news on that patch, I take it?

I still haven't gotten any emails back from Rising Star Games when I emailed them about the game being unplayable on my monitor. Not even some form letter auto-response.

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Almost done with the game. I think midway through Chapter 2 was when it clicked, and I've been hooked ever since. I've done about half of the sidequests. I would have done more but they seem awfully hard to trigger(like the characters being there, but I can't initiate the quest).

The story in particular finally got me by the throat. Also, I've become hooked on the song that plays when they find the body on the tree.

wVEsyIc.png
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Finished. A+ would play again, but that ending was draining. Heck of an experience.

Spoiler thoughts:
    I was hoping it wouldn't wind up being the cop. It reminded me a lot of a certain SMT title, and I'm sure people can guess which one.
    I didn't see it coming, but still, it was kind of a downer that it was George. I liked him a lot. Also, losing Emily hurt. The truth about his father was brutal too. Just gut punch after gun punch. Had a hard time not laughing at George's FINAL FORM.

Unforgettable story for sure. I'm taking a break before taking on the side quests, that was a roller coaster I need a reprieve from.

wVEsyIc.png
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I think I'm going to try the play the PC version, since I picked it up in a bundle. Did they officially patch it? Or do I need to install that mod? And where might that be hiding?

uyvfOQy.png
    You still need the mod, oh god, you still need it.

It can be found here. blog.metaclassofnil.com/?p=438

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I think they patched in official xbox controller support? But I never tested it after they added it. But yeah, they never fixed the graphics or anything.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    Yes. Controller support was patched in. It works well enough.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    Looking to start the game soon, got Durantes patch to work, but I have two questions:
    1. How do you turn off subtitles? I can't find a menu option.
    2. How do you exit the game once you're playing? I can bring up the options menu, but there doesn't seem to be a quit button.

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

edited May 2014
    EDIT: IGNORE ME! I THOUGHT THIS WAS DARK SOULS!

Edit2: Okay, had to remember how DP worked. I believe the quit game option is in the room menu. It'll be the last one to the right, it will take you back to main menu, then you can quit game.

But you still want subtitles on anyway. Sound balance is WAAAAY off in Deadly premonition.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    heenato wrote: »
    EDIT: IGNORE ME! I THOUGHT THIS WAS DARK SOULS!

Edit2: Okay, had to remember how DP worked. I believe the quit game option is in the room menu. It'll be the last one to the right, it will take you back to main menu, then you can quit game.

But you still want subtitles on anyway. Sound balance is WAAAAY off in Deadly premonition.

Thanks! But if I still wanted to shut them off, even still?

BrocksMullet on

From a cursory look on the internet, no. There is no option to turn off the subtitles. Which is really for the best.

M A G I K A Z A M
    Huh. Well how about that. Thanks!

So many Japanese games don't have toggle-able subtitles because hey, they only record English so of course for the Japanese release no one will want to turn the subtitles off.

• mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Man for a second Deadly Premonition and Drakengard both had front page threads and I was reminded why I love these boards.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
    http://www.deadlyprem.com/

What's this, Zach? A board game?

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    http://www.deadlyprem.com/

What's this, Zach? A board game?

I feel like this leads down a road where I make my entire newer-than-Deadly Premonition set of friends play it so they understand why I want to play the board game all the time.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
  • Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Wooooooooooooooo

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    No. Fucking. Way.

This is probably my number 1 game that I wanted more of but never expected to get a sequel for. I'll finally have a use for my Switch!

Just saw someone on Resetera point out... DP2 is apparently partially set in Boston...

9aw1qk1s9kg1.gif
    gsojzke9xvsd.gif

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

steam_sig.png
  • GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Time to dust off the old Switch. And try to remember my Nintendo password so I can buy DPO.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    Just saw someone on Resetera point out... DP2 is apparently partially set in Boston...

9aw1qk1s9kg1.gif
    gsojzke9xvsd.gif

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

I would not put it past Swery to tie D4 into this so it gets an actual conclusion. There were already connections and clearly Nintendo managed to get the Deadly Premonitions rights off Microsoft, so why not throw in D4.

Eh, I wouldn't get any hopes up on it being anything more than a cute reference.

I would have been all about playing more D4 episodes but I'm not chomping at the bit for them to pop up as cameo characters for a cutscene that won't deliver any actual closure and will feel forced.

Like, that's my biggest worry, actually. That the game suffers the fate that so many follow-ups to surprise cult hits do, where they intentionally try to double-down on things people said they liked about the first and strangle all the genuine warmth and charm out of it in the process.

• Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
  • President EvilPresident Evil Let's Rock Registered User regular
    What a time to be alive...