As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Tony, Thor, Steve. Armors, Hammers, and Shield and etcSUPERHEROES

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    I kinda assumed they were using a female Watson so they could do a multi-season will they - wont they romance thing but it sounds like they're not doing that so the show's already a lot better than I was expecting.

the showrunners have said that they will never introduce romance into the relationship.

Zonugal wrote: »
    Langly wrote: »
    Watson fucks mycroft what more do you want

What?

I don't remember this happening.

I remember Sherlock saying he was okay with it and Watson saying she was attracted to him.

it "happened" in London but wasn't said until this week.

it is not treated as a thing other than as a small exploration into Sherlock and Watson's friendship, it's not like a major plot point. They're adults and they got down and they're friends now.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Yeah, I gotta admit, when I first found out that they cast Lucy Lui, I was all, fuck everything I'm not watching it. But I really dig their interaction. If anything they are more equals than in the english adapation.

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I think its unfair to compare Sherlock & Elementary.

One is a miniseries and another a standard television series.

They both operate on different levels.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Something about Johnny Lee Miller just kinda bugs me

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I also thought Anthony Hopkins was possibly without pulse in the first Thor

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • SkulloSkullo Registered User regular
    FAQ wrote: »
    Blake T wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thought anthony hopkins phoned it in at times in Thor 2?

I thought he was great in the original, but this time, especially in the first half, he almost sounded bored.

see that's how I thought he was in the first one

There is an odinsleep joke here but I just can't land it.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I think you can compare how they interpret the source material.

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I kinda assumed they were using a female Watson so they could do a multi-season will they - wont they romance thing but it sounds like they're not doing that so the show's already a lot better than I was expecting.

the showrunners have said that they will never introduce romance into the relationship.

Yeah I'll definitely have to catch a few episodes at some point then.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular

I thought he was great in the original, but this time, especially in the first half, he almost sounded bored.

After finishing breaking bad he's jealous of the CranMan

• FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Skullo wrote: »
    FAQ wrote: »

see that's how I thought he was in the first one

There is an odinsleep joke here but I just can't land it.

what you think I've been working on for the past 20 minutes

FAQ on
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I think you can compare how they interpret the source material.

That's would be fair.

edited November 2013

I don't know if they do this on Hulu or whatever, but I haven't even watched the first season yet, my wife and I jumped into this season and if you know that Sherlock is a DETECTIVE and Watson is HIS ASSISTANT you're pretty up to speed.

Langly on
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Reminder to self to come back after tomorrow's show and read this thread from page 90 or so

dN0T6ur.png

I don't know if they do this on Hulu or whatever, but I haven't even watched the first season yet, my wife and I jumped into this season and if you know that Sherlock is a DETECTIVE and Watson is HIS ASSISTANT you're pretty up to speed.

The first season is good for establishing their initial relationship and why Sherlock is in New York.

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Arrow S1E12
    Uh

Count Vertigo

Jesus

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Arrow Vertigo is the worst

CYpGAPn.png
    I'm not familiar with the original character

I'm happy to see someone who's sort of a legitimate supervillain on this particular show, though

• Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Arrow Vertigo is the worst

you misspelled "funniest"

I don't even like Count Vertigo!

I just find the actor incredibly annoying.

CYpGAPn.png
    I don't even like Count Vertigo!

I just find the actor incredibly annoying.

Oh, yeah, he's kind of got a "Jim Carrey Riddler" thing going for him
    On the other hand, making someone feel pain to death is pretty horrific

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Arrow Vertigo reminded me a lot of
    Sherlock's version of Moriarty

Straightzi on
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Arrow Vertigo reminded me a lot of
    Sherlock's version of Watson
    Surely you mean Moriarty?

Because yeah, I totally see that.

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I surely do.

Somethingsomethingdon'tcallmeshirley

• MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    i am not as impressed with this episode of SHIELD as I was hoping

way you guys were talking i thought it'd be a great episode

it is honestly super dumb
    people saying how they feel in lieu of acting! annoying characters still annoying! last minute save of simmons who legit cannot stand!
    coulson remains the only part of the show i somewhat even enjoy, and after the thor ep i'm checking out

You can't just say what your character is feeling ... that makes me angry!

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
    Somehow people have found ways to get angry over the Netflix deal. I've seen several posts on other sites and an editorial basically going YEAH BUT I WANT MOVIES

How you can be upset at 5, essentially, 13-hour movies using characters that don't require an insane special effects budget is beyond me.

CYpGAPn.png
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    it's like they want less of what they want!

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Somehow people have found ways to get angry over the Netflix deal. I've seen several posts on other sites and an editorial basically going YEAH BUT I WANT MOVIES

How you can be upset at 5, essentially, 13-hour movies using characters that don't require an insane special effects budget is beyond me.

I've seen people saying it's going to burst the marvel bubble by being too much at once

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular

Because people in general are stupid, but the comic fan subset is ESPECIALLY stupid?

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I wonder how many of those people watched House of Cards.

I want more of this stuff. More shows that don't have to listen to network executives give notes because they're trying to reach a demographic, no worry about ratings, none of that horseshit.

You guys should watch the hell out of this speech.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0ukYf_xvgc

edited November 2013
    I don't see how 2 13-episode TV series on Netflix a year could tip it over the edge. It isn't like a movie where you are shelling out 20 bucks to see it. If you've got a Netflix subscription, which I would assume most people who would be interested in this do, you're good to go.

And outside of crossing over into Defenders I doubt it will feed into the Avengers corner of the MCU too much so it wouldn't be REQUIRED or anything

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
    My favorite scene in Thor 2:
    When Thor goes to recruit Loki and he is all Avengers-smug and slick looking.

And Thor, not angry or rushed but just tired, tells him to drop the illusions.

And he hesistates for a split second and then you see the room completely trashed with Loki looking haggard and devastated slumped against a wall, mourning his mother.

God that was so fucking good

CYpGAPn.png
    Guys

Kevin Spacey is rad

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    they didn't write the odinsleep for thor 1

anthony hopkins just fell asleep and refused to get up and they had to shoot around it

PNk1Ml4.png
    I wasn't super in love with Hopkins in Thor 1, he had a few moments but mostly seemed tired and bored.

And in this one he seems tired and bored pretty much the whole time outside of one particular scene

CYpGAPn.png
    ARROW S1E12
    SLADE?!?!?!?!?

• HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Anthony Hopkins seems to sleepwalk through most films he's in nowadays, I can't remember him being impressive recently.

PSN- AHermano
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I loved the way Odin yelled BIRTHRIGHT and came down really hard on that T

ARROW S1E12
    SLADE?!?!?!?!?

He's so good

This discussion has been closed.