As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Tony, Thor, Steve. Armors, Hammers, and Shield and etcSUPERHEROES

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    did kevin spacey just pronounce it jif

PNk1Ml4.png
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    I think what surprised me most about Thor 2 was Kat Dennings being legitimately funny this time around unlike the first film.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    He looks and sounds the part but it's a good job he's only in a few scenes

PSN- AHermano
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Okay, this is delightful
    Cutting back and forth between the villain's bragging and Arrow killing everyone

This show you guys

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Okay, this is delightful
    Cutting back and forth between the villain's bragging and Arrow killing everyone

This show you guys

That scene is fantastic

Also the villains master plan is having one more mook than Ollie has Arrows

Chincymcchilla on
    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I don't see how 2 13-episode TV series on Netflix a year could tip it over the edge. It isn't like a movie where you are shelling out 20 bucks to see it. If you've got a Netflix subscription, which I would assume most people who would be interested in this do, you're good to go.

And outside of crossing over into Defenders I doubt it will feed into the Avengers corner of the MCU too much so it wouldn't be REQUIRED or anything

I wonder if they are going to take advantage of the non-episodic nature of being a straight to Netflix show. Telling more continuity heavy Breaking Bad type sttories since you don't have to worry about people popping in mid season.

Also one of my favorite bits had to be
    Thor casually hanging his hammer on a coat hook near the end of the film.

Marvel is doing such a good job making sure these movies don't become all grim and joyless ala most of Man of Steel.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    If the stories are varied and interesting, I don't see how the mere fact of them fitting under the umbrella of 'marvel' can be enough to make the public tired of them. It's an argument from a very flawed premise.

Javen wrote: »
    If the stories are varied and interesting, I don't see how the mere fact of them fitting under the umbrella of 'marvel' can be enough to make the public tired of them. It's an argument from a very flawed premise.

We've seen it time and again but there are a significant number of people who view all superhero movies as essentially the same genre.

That said, most of Marvel's have been Action-Comedies, and I think they need to branch out a bit to stay fresh.

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    Arrow
    MOIRA QUEEN

YOU HAVE FAILED THIS CITY

What's scary is that I honestly believe he'd do it, too

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Except these aren't 4 new superhero movies. They are series on Netflix, which is an entirely different beast and wouldn't create anywhete near the same fatigue that HEY SURPRISE 4 MOVIES A YEAR would

CYpGAPn.png
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Arrow
    MOIRA QUEEN

Oh ho ho

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Yay, people are talking about Thor

I freakin loved
    the final fight between Thor and Malekith, when they keep fighting as they tumble through the Nine Realms
    That was super badass and the only time Thor really got to cut loose

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
    Turambar wrote: »
    Yay, people are talking about Thor

I freakin loved
    the final fight between Thor and Malekith, when they keep fighting as they tumble through the Nine Realms
    That was super badass and the only time Thor really got to cut loose

I really, really loved it up until the final bit

CYpGAPn.png
  • jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »

That's how the guy who invented the format pronounces it. I sure don't.
    GIF Inventor Steve Wilhite was honored with a 2013 Webby Lifetime Achievement award for inventing the GIF file format in 1987. And as the New York Times reported, he re-validated the existence of this website with this gem of a quote:
    "The Oxford English Dictionary accepts both pronunciations," Mr. Wilhite said. "They are wrong. It is a soft ‘G,’ pronounced ‘jif.’ End of story."

GIF creator accepts Webby Lifetime Achievement award

Xbox Live: Jefe414
    He is wrong and that is the end of it.

CYpGAPn.png
  • jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    He is wrong and that is the end of it.

Hey, I agree. Must be his old age. "Jif" always has been peanut butter.

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Arrow
    MOIRA QUEEN

yeah about that

just keep watching

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    he is not wrong

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I would give up all of always sunny in philadelphia for that clip to stop being used on internet forums as a response

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I don't particularly care about that either

Well that's silly

CYpGAPn.png
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I would give up all of always sunny in philadelphia for that clip to stop being used on internet forums as a response

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYtjpIwamos

• Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular

I would give you up

for free

• Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    I've never really watched it's always sunny actually

I

Should do that

Vann Diras wrote: »

I would give you up

for free

Girl?

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »

That actually got the biggest laugh in my theater

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    That kevin spacey speech is basically what I've been saying for years, only, you know, articulate and well-delivered

edit: and jif is absolutely the right way to pronounce it! They named it after the peanut butter intentionally.

edit x2: And I'll just echo what everyone else has said. Amazing movie, had an exceptionally good time.

Tamin on
    Turambar wrote: »
    wirehead26 wrote: »

That actually got the biggest laugh in my theater

Pretty sure the biggest laugh in my theater was
    Loki turning into Cap.

And I just can't say how charismatic and fun Loki was in this.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Ta-daaaaaa

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Always Sunny is the best tv comedy of ALL TIME

or at least the last... while

I like it a lot

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    jefe414 wrote: »

GIF Inventor Steve Wilhite was honored with a 2013 Webby Lifetime Achievement award for inventing the GIF file format in 1987. And as the New York Times reported, he re-validated the existence of this website with this gem of a quote:
    "The Oxford English Dictionary accepts both pronunciations," Mr. Wilhite said. "They are wrong. It is a soft ‘G,’ pronounced ‘jif.’ End of story."

If you have to use another letter to clarify the correct pronunciation, maybe you fucked up.

• TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    One Thor 2 (really, the mid-credits stinger) thing I wasn't clear on
    The Infinity Gem at the end - what was it? I had the vague impression we had been introduced to it earlier in the film, but can't think of when or how.

And, when Odin is talking about the backstory, he mentions that while the Aether is fluid, most of these ancient weapons / artifacts take the form of stones. Plays nicely into the GOTG stinger.

Tamin on
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Gonna go see Thor now, so take that, internet!

sarukun wrote: »
    jefe414 wrote: »

If you have to use another letter to clarify the correct pronunciation, maybe you fucked up.

yeah, English

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Tamin wrote: »
    One Thor 2 thing I wasn't clear on
    The Infinity Gem at the end - what was it? I had the vague impression we had been introduced to it earlier in the film, but can't think of when or how.

And, when Odin is talking about the backstory, he mentions that while the Aether is fluid, most of these ancient weapons / artifacts take the form of stones. Plays nicely into the GOTG stinger.
    the Infinity Stone at the end was the Aether, or maybe just refers to the vessel they contained it in

Grey Ghost on
    Tamin wrote: »
    One Thor 2 (really, the mid-credits stinger) thing I wasn't clear on

It was the Aether, just contained in a smaller version of the thing Jane found.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    I've never really watched it's always sunny actually

I

Should do that

yes.

yes you should.

it's all on Netflix, get to it.

PiptheFair wrote: »
    Arrow
    MOIRA QUEEN

yeah about that

just keep watching
    Well I don't think he will do it

But what's interesting about his character is that I believe that he would murder his mother if THE LIST said so

This discussion has been closed.