As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

GIANT BOMB Has Been Rated

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    So uh

Did the You Don't Know Jack guys make this NETFLIX MAX thing cause it is pretty much YDKJ

Yes.

No, really, yes.

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    David_T wrote: »
    David_T wrote: »
    I have an issue with my PC where semi-regularly something will pop up and disappear again too fast for me to see what the hell it is, but if I'm playing a game at the time, it'll remove focus and minimize the game. It's a right pain, especially since just reinstalling Windows isn't an option for me.

If the PS4 can avoid doing that...

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windowsxp/ht/stealingfocus02.htm

Would have been nice if that worked, but sadly no.

Huh

Weird, sorry man it worked for me, I can't think what would be causing it

Worth a shot and I appreciate the link, but yeah.

I think it might be lsass.exe starting some netlogon/net/start thingie, but it might also be just about five hundred other things.

I'm down to running process monitoring software to try and see what causes it but then we get into "it might be this, I don't know what to do about it" territory.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    So uh

Did the You Don't Know Jack guys make this NETFLIX MAX thing cause it is pretty much YDKJ

Yes.

No, really, yes.
    Awesome! Good for them and good on Netflix for going after them.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Apparently the iOS and Facebook versions of You Don't Know Jack have done very very well for Jellyvision, which is great to hear

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    So uh

Yes.

No, really, yes.
    Awesome! Good for them and good on Netflix for going after them.

Yeah, it kinda blew my mind when I had to set up a new account recently

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Apparently the iOS and Facebook versions of You Don't Know Jack have done very very well for Jellyvision, which is great to hear

They have also been making a lot of corporate stuff like "Interactive conversations" that help employees understand their benefits or whatever

• Options
    Apologies for triple post:

New Pop Fiction episode up over on Game Trailers

http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episodes/zdzfok/pop-fiction-episode-40--jak-ii--sandover-village

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    It's a shame that Max is a useless shit kicker

Fuck you max

You're the worst

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    oh man dead rising 3 looks pretty good

why didn't they show this at e3

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Vann Diras wrote: »

Fuck you max

You're the worst

:\

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    the thing that i don't like about pc gaming is that i leave my controller plugged in on top of my tower and sometimes even though i'm playing with keyboard the game makes it rumble and it scares the SHIT out of me every time

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »

Fuck you max

You're the worst

NO I DON'T WANNA WATCH TEARS Of THE SUN, MAX

YOU PICKED WRONG

AGAIN

• Options
    Maximum wrote: »

Fuck you max

You're the worst

NO I DON'T WANNA WATCH TEARS Of THE SUN, MAX

YOU PICKED WRONG

AGAIN

Max you suggested tears of the sun?

You monster

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i will always be a console dude

my pc is basically for pc-exclusive games or games that i can nab for cheap on steam

it's not really rational i guess but consoles is where video games go

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    I chose the impossible. I chose... Steambox. A console where the artist would not fear the censor; where the developer would not be bound by petty morality; where the great would not be constrained by the small! And with the sweat of your brow, Stwambox can become your console as well.

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    I'm weird when it comes to that stuff.

First-person? It's a PC game.

I can see my guy? Console you go.

Except for Bioware games which are PC games to me.

sig.gif
  • Options

my pc is basically for pc-exclusive games or games that i can nab for cheap on steam

I thought this

And then I played BF4 on my PC and it ran perfectly fine so I'm not sure why I would buy a console

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    I chose the impossible. I chose... Steambox. A console where the artist would not fear the censor; where the developer would not be bound by petty morality; where the great would not be constrained by the small! And with the sweat of your brow, Stwambox can become your console as well.

so you're saying that steambox is going to be a horrifying wasteland that perhaps too bluntly criticizes the follies of the philosophy that created it

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

so you're saying that steambox is going to be a horrifying wasteland that perhaps too bluntly criticizes the follies of the philosophy that created it

That sounds like Linux, yes

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular

Also widely praised and then later thoroughly reviled by the same people.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I don't want sweat on my brow

Let other people sweat

I want everything to work easily with minimal fuss

• Options
    Moriveth wrote: »

Also widely praised and then later thoroughly reviled by the same people.

i was taking the tack of Steambox as Rapture not Steambox as Bioshock

if we're going with Steambox as Bioshock then it will be extremely pretty but mechanically shallow and have an interesting narrative that peters out into a wet fart at the end, but with a really cool part in the middle

so in other words Half-Life 3 will come out halfway through the steambox's life cycle and be incredible but then it will be all downhill from there

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Well I mean Rapture kinda got the same treatment but whoopsie

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    steambox will singlehandedly revitalize gaming

youll see

youll ALL see
    (i just want to play sleeping dogs and the arkham games on my steam account)

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I don't begrudge consoles or anything. I accept that no matter how easy PC gaming is in reality, there is a large percentage of people who have an ingrained mentality that it's obtuse and difficult and always will be. I was one of them for a long time.

Steam sales help out a lot in that regard too.

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    I basically became a PC gamer because I played a lot of DotA and WoW, and Steam sales secured it. Home consoles fell from first to third because the PS3 got very few RPGs while handhelds got a buttload. PS+ is doing a lot to encourage me back though.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    What the hell is Netflix Max

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    What the hell is Netflix Max

A quiz game that is supposed to recommend films/shows to you

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    There are still way too many games that don't come out on PC for me to go PC-only.

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Remember that picture with gabe Newell in some crazy future suit reaching down to the unwashed console masses while standing on a gleaming platform of pc towers

That's my feeling re pc vidgams

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular

something something habits something.

I played games on PC as a kid, without ever really being a choice I made, and I just kept playing everything on PC. Not counting handhelds, the Wii is the only console I've had.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I think PC is my platform of choice

But it's not the most cost-effective if you really want the higher-end stuff, and there's nothing really wrong with consoles

• Options
    Typically when it comes to multi-platform stuff, early in a generation I play them on consoles, when they are closest to being equal to the PC versions and as the generation goes on I then upgrade the PC to the point where it's better than the consoles and move over to that.

• Options
    Typically when it comes to multi-platform stuff, early in a generation I play them on consoles, when they are closest to being equal to the PC versions and as the generation goes on I then upgrade the PC to the point where it's better than the consoles and move over to that.

You say that like it's a repeating pattern ("Typically") but it's only happened once.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    The Markus Persson Craig Ferguson interview is pretty good.

Ms Dapper on
    2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    SimBen wrote: »

You say that like it's a repeating pattern ("Typically") but it's only happened once.

I say it has been a repeating pattern because it has?

We're talking about my own personal choices, so, um, okay?

Late in the PS2/XBOX/Gamecube gen I started playing games more on the PC, late in the PS3/360/Wii gen I started playing games more on the PC, early in the new gen I'm going to go back to playing games more on the consoles.

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular

it sorta happened at the end of the ps2 era? Not near as close to what is happening this time, but it does suggest a trend. Not aware enough of what PC gaming was like at the end of the psx generation to know what happened there.

• Options
  • Options

I say it has been a repeating pattern because it has?

We're talking about my own personal choices, so, um, okay?

Late in the PS2/XBOX/Gamecube gen I started playing games more on the PC, late in the PS3/360/Wii gen I started playing games more on the PC, early in the new gen I'm going to go back to playing games more on the consoles.

Okay but I'm saying this is really the first time PC games overtook console games to a significant degree. Play the PC version of PS2 games and there really isn't much difference except that you can play them in tiny HUD mode.

sig.gif
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I think PC is my platform of choice

But it's not the most cost-effective if you really want the higher-end stuff, and there's nothing really wrong with consoles

It sort of evens out. The hardware is more expensive, but the games are cheaper.

This discussion has been closed.