As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

celtics game friday night of pax weekend

rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
So I am just judging interest in this. There is a celtics game friday night and was wondering how many if any people would be interested in going. game starts at 730 so by time it was done we could prob make it back to the convention for the last 1 or 2 acts of the concert. tickets would be in the 50-60 range most likely. We would also most likely have to take a taxi to the td garden So we would prob share 2 taxi's depending on how many of us went. Just pm me or let me know on here if this is something you would want to do. I would need your money for the ticket before the game though since the money would be coming out of my account once I bought them.

• Options
    aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    was considering this myself ... my only concern was whether there was enough time to do something like that and do the PAX stuff ... I was definitely looking at seeing Boston on the Thursday prior and the Monday before I head to airport in evening.

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • Options
    well i mean i think if we left the convention center around 630-645ish we could get there for the start of the game. The game starts at 730 and should be over around 1030ish so we should be able to get back to the convention center around 11ish. Seeing that this is friday we would still have a full day left on saturday and still would get to see most of the things friday as well cause we would have from 10am-6pm to do pax stuff. You may miss like 1 panel and a few concert acts but dont think you would miss much

• Options
    will definitely give it some thought. Got my plane tickets today ... it's getting real.

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • Options
    nice ya just let me know dont need to know soon just judging interest. I know a site I can get tickets at a discounted price so figured I would throw the idea out there.

• Options
    just a update looking I can get balcony seats for around 25.00 a piece lodge seats for about 45-50 a piece so would really depend were you guys wanted to sit. honestly though anywere in the garden is not a bad seat you could be in the last row of the place and still see pretty good.

• Options
    I'm easy ... it is all about the experience of attending (we don't get big league basketball in my neck of the woods). While I am not a big fan of the sport on TV I still enjoy watching games live.

• Options
    PurpleSkyPurpleSky Registered User regular
    Any chance they're playing on Thursday? I'd rather go then because there is always something of interest going on during PAX, like a panel or something. Count me in if this can change to Thursday.

• Options
    PurpleSkyPurpleSky Registered User regular
    Darn, I looked and they're not playing on Thurs :( If I could know the PAX schedule ahead of time I could give an answer. Problem is I'd hate to find out that there was a panel that I'd really want to see going on at the same time as the game.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    the PAX schedule won't be available until sometime in March at the earliest, if everything stays consistent with previous paxes.

• Options
    cookiekrushcookiekrush Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    FYI, celt tickets have sold for $6 the day of. Like looking at the tickets for 11/11. there are tickets on sale for $8.50.

Looking at a ticket site, and tickets are in the range of $16 to $25 for the Friday Night game.

cookiekrush on
    Pinny Pals - open to trading!
    Looking for Edith Finch Pin!
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Yeah tickets are insanely cheap because they gutted the team, so Its a great opportunity for all you tourists.

• Options
    cookie were are you finding tickets that cheap. The issue with waiting till like 2 days before the game is the tickets getting to you in time. I am sure we dont have to decide right now prob could wait till a month or two before the game before we decided just figured I would get a idea if this is something people would be interested in or not.

• Options
    nevermind cookie i see it at that price on stubhub. If we could get downloaded tickets that price would work if not we would have to order them around a month before the game though. But even a month from now against a semi crappy team the bucks you can still get tickets for starting at 9.50 Also it depends were you want to sit if you get balcony I would always suggest close to the middle. which even for the game 4 days from now the cheapest ticket in the middle of the balcony is 13.00 which still is a great price. The game for a month from now to give you a idea of how much they would be if we ordered them a month before the cheapest is around 19.00 a piece.

• Options
    It also looks like most of them are instent download so we could order them about a week before the game and be safe and by then we could know the schedule and stuff like that. So it looks like there is enough interest that this is something we will maybe do. I will prob put it on the back burner for now and once the game gets closer and we get a idea of what the pax schedule is we can pick it back up.

• Options
    cookiekrushcookiekrush Registered User regular
    I'll pm you the site, it's a regular ticket site. Also, most sites let you electronically print out the ticket, so there shouldn't be a worry for how to get the ticket. You shouldn't buy the tickets now, since prices are dropping drastically, and I can't picture them selling out until they change up the team.

Pinny Pals - open to trading!
    Looking for Edith Finch Pin!
  • Options
    RidleyDragonRidleyDragon Registered User regular
    These tickets (for the celtics) will get cheaper on stubhub because this is going to be one of the worst basketball games of the year. Both teams will be actively tanking for a better draft pick, and the bobcats and celtics are already 2 of the worst 8 teams in the NBA without trying to lose.

PW0oFIs.png
  • Options
    Rock BottomRock Bottom Registered User regular
    I will most likely be going to this with my friend, as long as some epic event doesn't show up on friday night..

Just would go to have fun and visit the TD Garden.

• Options
    Ya I figured that out after looking at prices of tickets as they got closer. I just wanted a idea of if this is something people would be interested in. Figured maybe going as one big pax group would be funner then just a bunch of people sitting in random seats.

• Options
    sfford2008sfford2008 Registered User regular
    I would wait til that week honestly...the celtics are not good this year, and it should not be a problem getting tickets...I would imagine you can find them dirt cheap

• Options
    craiolacraiola MARegistered User regular
    I'm not interested in attending but I do work for a secondary market ticket website (like stubhub) My advice is to wait til closer to the event. The ticket sellers will want to get rid of their inventory. You should be able to get tickets super cheap then. At the same time, Tickets are cheap now too, currently showing $15 for the upper balcony sections (note that this does not include fees!) Lower sections are starting at $54. If you wanna pay more you can be on the courtside sections of the lodge but those are starting at $150. Either way, you won't have an issue getting tickets at a reasonable price. Hope you guys have fun!

DXLJjjr.png
  • Options
    well my reason for not wanting to wait till the week of is then it gets a lil dicey getting peoples money so on so fourth. If its just me or just 1 or 2 people maybe but if its a huge group then would want to get the tickets prob 2-3 weeks before the game. And really the dif between 1 week before the game and 3 weeks before the game is only 5-10 per ticket. Like craiola said though be advised that prices you see on those sites are before fees which is genereally about 5-7 per ticket judging on buying tickets to other events in the past. This is another reason I would want to do it a few weeks before the game so I can judge what site is the best route ie stubhub,ebay,ace tickets so on so fourth.

• Options
    acehawk86acehawk86 Registered User regular
    My dad and I would like to go to the Celtics game, although I am not sure if this would be a good idea for a kid? Contact me please because I would like to participate although we may get our own seats somewhere else cheaper. We would help pay for the taxi though.

acehawk86_na_121_1_nozg.png
  • Options
    sillyzombie666sillyzombie666 massRegistered User regular
    you can take the train to the garden, north station is like a block or 2, i used to pass by it ever day for 3 months,

I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN
  • Options
    i thought north station brought u into the garden but didnt know there was places in boston that brought u to north just thought south.

• Options
    SepiothSepioth Boston, MARegistered User regular
    The North Station Orange and Green lines do not "connect" with TD Garden per say.

As you exit the station there are signs pointing you to the Garden and the Commuter Rail Station (Also North Station). The path to the garden takes you under ground a bit and exits pretty much at the doors to the Garden. Really can't miss it :)

Getting from PAX to the Garden is pretty easy. Take Bus #7 (From the Convention Center to Downtown Crossing Train Station. Take the Outbound-Oak Grove train to North Station (2 Stops).

http://www.mbta.com/rider_tools/trip_planner/?sa=Boston+Convention+Center&sLocation=42.34712::-71.043798::HALL::1794&ea=Td+Garden&eLocation=42.366058::-71.061993::ARTS::527&Arr=A&time=07:00PM&sDate=11/15/2013&Min=T&mode=A&Walkdist=0.50

Be much faster and cheaper than a cab in Boston :)

4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • Options
    thanks I have always found the boston trains and buses confusing as hell lol

• Options
    sillyzombie666sillyzombie666 massRegistered User regular
    i took orange line from back bay to north station like every day and some times took the red line a few stops from south station and then i think it was like park street got onto greenline then went to north station. i mean at most it would cost you $6 round trip by train (i think) and a few minutes of walking time. you get out of north station and i can;t remember exactly what way you go since i haven't been down there since like 09 but just ask some one way direction to the garden (pretty sure you can see it from the front exit) and then you walk like a block or so it was like a 7 or 10 minute walk to my work from there and the garden was like the half way point.

I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN
  • Options
    VapokVapok Just a Guy. BostonRegistered User regular
    To help with the clarity, you really can't miss the Garden entrance from North Station since there are signs literally everywhere. And even then, you're not going to be the only people in the station, so the easiest route is to follow the masses... cause they're headed to the same spot you are.

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    Vapok
  • Options
    ya no i know the garden enterence from north station just was confused on how to get there without taking a taxi from the convention

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    North Station IS the garden, basically.

• Options
    If you are in a downtown hotel like the omni Parker, you are a 15 minute walk from the garden too, so talking a shuttle to one if those is ok too.

PW0oFIs.png
  • Options
    Ya I know north station is the garden lol. you walk out the door and you are right there. As far as going from hotel to there I figured most people would go from convention to the game but yes that is true.

• Options
    nismodriftnismodrift Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    I just got this in my email from the Celtics Green Club membership, its called the "guys night out" promotion. it covers that April 11th game vs bobcats.

55 bucks per person, 4 ticket package gets you
    Loge Tickers (lower level) so pretty close to court
    $40 Uber credit, which is a private cab-type company you use through a mobile app
    $20 Concessions Stand Credit
    Two Collectors Glasses per Person

so the package is a total of 220 for 4 tickets, maybe we can look into doing that as a group in packages of 4. anyways the link is below, this package works for a bunch of games, not only the pax east one. usually loge seats are 75-100 bucks, so to get it for that price with the amenities is nice.

http://enews.celtics.com/ajtk/servlet/JJ?H=16628u&R=10369466

EDIT: so the promo code is GNOCELTICS, I guess packages start at 55 per person, the actual pax east bobcasts game is 80 per person and only covers endzone/corner loge seats, so its on one end of the court, so there not as hot a deal as I thought, but still pretty decent. let me know what you guys think.

nismodrift on
  • Options
    Does it get cheaper after they trade Rajon Rondo?

PW0oFIs.png
  • Options
    BeighBeigh Bloomington, ILRegistered User regular
    I'm interested in going if this idea is still out there. There remain some very good deals to be had on StubHub.

CVpdlHm.png76561197996811040.png
  • Options
    jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    I'm surprised that tickets for those sections during that game are that much. I know the celts are on a loosing streak, but it's the freakin Bobcats! I'm originally from NC (live near boston now) and I never supported them even when I was living there, hehehe.

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    jdixon1972 wrote: »
    I'm surprised that tickets for those sections during that game are that much. I know the celts are on a loosing streak, but it's the freakin Bobcats! I'm originally from NC (live near boston now) and I never supported them even when I was living there, hehehe.

Boston is rather serious about their sports teams. We're also used to them sucking (all of the teams being good is a fairly recent phenomenon).

• Options

Nothing is worse then NY, when the Knicks were horrific you still had to pay at least $75 for the right to see them get pasted.

This year's Giants still charged $100 a ticket, when they were actively waging war on fun in New York.

PW0oFIs.png
  • Options
    ya its still going I assume tickets will be around 10-15 a piece once the date gets a lil closer.

• Options
    DarkshowersDarkshowers Registered User regular
    schuss wrote: »

Boston is rather serious about their sports teams. We're also used to them sucking (all of the teams being good is a fairly recent phenomenon).

Used to them sucking?? What?? This past decade has been one of the most successful decades for Boston sports teams.

Boston sports teams have had recent success but even if you go back 10 years ago, they've done pretty well.

2001, 2003, 2004 Patriots Superbowl Champions
    2004, 2007, 2013 Red Sox World Series Champions
    2008 Boston Celtics Champions
    2010 Boston Bruins Stanley Cup Champions

Even when they didn't win championships, they were often competitive in the playoffs like the Patriots, Red Sox and even Celtics all coming close to winning it all several times.

Ds3hsEH.png