As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

GIANT BOMB Has Been Rated

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    What the fuck is going on?

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    Langly wrote: »
    I have
    taken the giant skeleton's treasure
    gotten 600k from porpco
    gotten the weapon and given it to the chef
    killed the cop to get his cash
    broken the vase

did you
    go through the bee gate? I think there's some through the bee gate

no that's the Cat AI
    you gotta get through the shareware gate

there is apparently a .nfo file somewhere with the serial on it

captaink linked it a few pages back
    getting through that gate is how you get the weapon to the chef, so I've done that.

MrDapper wrote: »

i0bT7SNtXJew2.jpg

• DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    I remember that Star Wars mod being waaaaaay better than it had any business being.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
    MrDapper wrote: »

i0bT7SNtXJew2.jpg

As much as I love my Riddler av/sig I'm starting to love the effect Espurr gives to all my posts.

2ohWien.png
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Okay, I was laughing at how trite the new WoW expansion is, when the long dead pat of me who used to like Warcraft lore popped up and said "Wait, so in this new timeline, the orcs never drink the blood of manneroth.....doesn't that like automatically fuck up the entire WoW timeline. Like, without the demonically influenced Horde, there's no Warcraft 1 or 2, and then no demonic invasion in Warcraft 3; no Lich King, no Illidin getting free; no awakening of the Naga, no awakening of the Druids, no Night ELves joining the alliance; no destruction of the Sunwell, the Tauren and Darkspear trolls are doomed.."

Then I tell him to shut up, we never even played WoW: Panda Edition so we're not getting this.

alternate timelines

i don't know why people always make a big fuss out of "THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING" when there's always the good ol' alternate timelines excuse to fall back on, and alternate timelines already existed in Warcraft

liEt3nH.png
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Most Star Wars media has Script Errors.

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Star Wars and script in the same sentence

heh

How is it snowing on a desert planet?

2ohWien.png
  • TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    The only thing I can think of is Future Shop is trying to seriously undermine GameStop in the used games market through sheer brute force.
    Maybe trying to get a bit of good will going, and having people positively associate trading in games with Futureshop/BestBuy. I know they've had used games for a while, but I'd say most people looking to trade games in still don't really associate that sort of thing with FS/BB.

Man I gotta set aside some time to get into Desktop Dungeons.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Okay, I was laughing at how trite the new WoW expansion is, when the long dead pat of me who used to like Warcraft lore popped up and said "Wait, so in this new timeline, the orcs never drink the blood of manneroth.....doesn't that like automatically fuck up the entire WoW timeline. Like, without the demonically influenced Horde, there's no Warcraft 1 or 2, and then no demonic invasion in Warcraft 3; no Lich King, no Illidin getting free; no awakening of the Naga, no awakening of the Druids, no Night ELves joining the alliance; no destruction of the Sunwell, the Tauren and Darkspear trolls are doomed.."

Then I tell him to shut up, we never even played WoW: Panda Edition so we're not getting this.

alternate timelines

i don't know why people always make a big fuss out of "THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING" when there's always the good ol' alternate timelines excuse to fall back on, and alternate timelines already existed in Warcraft

in which case, we should care about fixing it why exactly?

Undead Scottsman on

alternate timelines

But if it's an alternate timeline, why bother going back to fix it?

Apparently he's using the army he creates to invade the current timeline? Or something?

Nothing in wow has been incredibly compelling. Who even reads quest text? Just click yes click the guy click the reward.

• HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    august wrote: »

alternate timelines

Apparently he's using the army he creates to invade the current timeline? Or something?

when he goes back he's taking with him modern technology and weapons and outfits the pre-corruption horde with them so the players go back to stop the orcs from invading Azeroth with an army that there's 0% chance the humans could beat

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Nothing in wow has been incredibly compelling. Who even reads quest text? Just click yes click the guy click the reward.

Eh, some of the quests are well written, and they've definitely advanced their storytelling abilities beyond "read this paragraph of text in a weird font and kill ten wolves."

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

alternate timelines

in which case, we should care about fixing it why exactly?

Because time travel goes both ways and they are coming over to punch our face in. So we are going to punch their face in instead.

liEt3nH.png
    Huntera wrote: »

alternate timelines

when he goes back he's taking with him modern technology and weapons and outfits the pre-corruption horde with them so the players go back to stop the orcs from invading Azeroth with an army that there's 0% chance the humans could beat

I'm not a Blizzard guy but the idea of "modern technology" in your cartoony fantasy universe sounds duuuuumb.

Huntera wrote: »

alternate timelines

I'm not a Blizzard guy but the idea of "modern technology" in your cartoony fantasy universe sounds duuuuumb.

modern means, in this case, steam or coal power and giant cannons

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Is he taking back the tanks that can be killed by dudes with swords or is he taking back the flying machines that are easily shot down by archers? What warcraft invention makes mages obsolete?

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    schwangle

2ohWien.png
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    WoW was downright magical for me back when I first played it. I was entirely immersed in the world and read all the quests. Then I made the mistake of joining a guild and partying up with people and thinking about tiers and dps and all of WoW was ruined.

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    nerds ruin everything

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
    Oh, Brad.

• DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    I think Brad's making a Dark Souls 2 boss.

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    in my day you had to read the quests so you knew what the hell you were even doing

The player in Soda Drinker Pro seems to be getting smaller and smaller and now I'm terrified that there's some sort of subliminal narrative going on.

• T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    i wanna have fun with peeps let's do something

• SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Needed an extra $3 for free shipping so I preordered Super Mario 3D World

Amazon...

Sal on
    xet8c.gif

• Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    T4CT wrote: »

Wanna stream Metal Gear with me?

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    How about Mario Bros

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular

let's all preorder the ouya 2

uc3ufTB.png
  • AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Let's all go check out Playstation Home!

ZD98Zka.png
  • T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    who wants to play "let's buy something"

who wants to play "let's buy something"

I'll buy nothin' if you buy somethin'

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    Let's all go check out Playstation Home!
    my brother did this a few months back, on a lark

there were dr. pepper ten ads everywhere

uc3ufTB.png
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    I could buy something

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    could you imagine if instead of making animal crossing u it was just integrated into the wii u like ps home

PNk1Ml4.png
This discussion has been closed.