As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tony, Thor, Steve. Armors, Hammers, and Shield and etcSUPERHEROES

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Its basically painted on

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    It is really, really often treated like basically body paint

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Stilts wrote: »
    Are they trying to make Red Lantern Guy a thing again?

They did that in Blackest Night AND Brightest Day if I'm remembering correctly.
    He's leader of the Red Lantern Corps.

Hal is leader of the GLs.

Oh really?

Huh.

I preferred Atrocitos in that role. What made Guy neat was that he had a "bad cop" personality among mostly straight-laced characters.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    why does dc keep doing things

I'm not even sure they're aware they're doing things.

I was thinking about it earlier this week, how Marvel meetings vs DC meetings must look.

Marvel: "Okay, so we're going to revitalize the brand by rebranding a lot of our lineup with new and interesting stories made to appeal to a broad range of people."

DC: "We still have the Batman license, right? Okay, meeting over, we're good."

I don't think DC even has meetings, actually

at least not meetings that the writers are invited to

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    It is really, really often treated like basically body paint

yeah but I don't see that as a unique problem with Spider-Woman's costume

the same thing happens with literally every lady superhero

• Options
    I don't know why but it seems like it happens to Jessica more often than, say, Sue Storm.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    It doesn't help that people draw her with balloon boobs

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    It doesn't help that people draw her with balloon boobs

And in really overly, unnecessarily sexualised poses like that model for no particular reason

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Spider-woman how do you feel about people mistaking the problem of how people draw your costume with a fundamental problem of your costume?

Insert SPider-woman/Captain Marvel "Tch" panel that I can't fucking find anywhere.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Female superhero outfits wouldn't be so bad if artists would learn how clothing forms over real bodies and actually draw them as if the heroine wasn't vacuum-sealing herself into a latex costume.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    Has Spider-Woman ever had a costume redesign? I feel like she's been wearing that thing since the '70s.

• Options
    The leotard comparison also doesn't work, because a proper leotard is meant to compress and streamline the body, eliminating most overt curves to allow for a more athletic, slim build.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Whoa what:http://m.deadline.com/2013/11/justin-lin-bourne-legacy-sequel-director/

I can understand not wanting to make Fast & Furious movies forever, but this seems like a step down.

However, if this makes the Bourne movies more like F&F... I am SO IN.

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    DE?AD wrote: »
    Has Spider-Woman ever had a costume redesign? I feel like she's been wearing that thing since the '70s.

It's because it's one of the best costumes in comics. (Color/design wise)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Though you could say it got a redesign when Julia Carpenter became Spider-Woman for awhile. (Her costume is also pretty great as a matter of fact)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Though you could say it got a redesign when Julia Carpenter became Spider-Woman for awhile. (Her costume is also pretty great as a matter of fact)

That costume is one of my all time favorites, which I blame entirely on the Iron Man cartoon when I was a kid.

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Thor was so awesome you guys
    i appreciated the way they got classic half-blue half-black Malekith in there. I must have missed it but what was the reason for Malekiths plot? I feel like there was on but I can't remember it

So much off beat comedy, this was fantastic

Joolander on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular

Oh really?

Huh.

I preferred Atrocitos in that role. What made Guy neat was that he had a "bad cop" personality among mostly straight-laced characters.

This was my whole damn problem with when they started to have the whole rainbow of Lanterns. It took away any kind of diversity of personality within anyone but the Green Lanterns! If someone is a Red Lantern or a Violet Lantern or something, then they have exactly ONE character trait

So making Guy into a Red Lantern doesn't make him cool. It actively makes him LAME, because it pigeonholes him

But then, I've never really liked any of the Green Lantern corps to begin with, with the exceptions of Guy, Kilowog, and that one Green Lantern that is just a giant planet with a lantern symbol etched into its surface

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Sitting in the theater for Thor, this wait music is so bad

• Options
    Weaver wrote: »
    Sitting in the theater for Thor, this wait music is so bad

All movie theaters love Nickelback and shitty light pop music

signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/805665fe22f9887aeff106e2008aa818/tumblr_mvz14uIo4j1qgokzao1_1280.jpg
    textless cover to more than meets the eye volume 5
    lineart by alex milne, colors by josh perez

• Options
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    nothing I give a shit about, sadly

• Options
    How did you like Thor 2, Solar?

I'm assuming you've seen it since you live in NotAmerica

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Really, really enjoyed it

great action, good characterisation, awesome cameo

I felt that there were some weaknesses in terms of the adversary and how much time we got to really explore that

but the team of our heroes etc worked really well and the movie is probably much better for that focus. Warriors Three and Sif were way cooler in this by virtue of getting to do more stuff.

I'd say that it's one of my favourite of the entire Marvel series so far

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Guys

Thor 2 is pretty great

I mean damn, so great

Easily the best climactic battle of all the stand-alone Marvel movies

Also my favorite use of the Stan Lee cameo

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Yeah, it sits right below Avengers for me in terms of Marvel Studio favorites

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular

I thought Dick Grayson was supposed to be the handsomest

Not to be a jerk, but this is not that

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Guys

Thor 2 is pretty great

I mean damn, so great

Easily the best climactic battle of all the stand-alone Marvel movies

Also my favorite use of the Stan Lee cameo

Does it beat the amazing spider-man cameo?

Cause that was super good

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    ASM has the best non-MCU Stan Lee cameo

• Options
    SnowbearSnowbear Registered User regular
    Ok saw Thor 2 and loved it. My one gripe was
    making Erik super kooky crazy. Everything he does in the movie he could have done without being batty and kept his pants on. I just feel like they took a good competent character and reduced him to "look how WACKY he is!" [\spoiler]

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »

Oh really?

Huh.

This was my whole damn problem with when they started to have the whole rainbow of Lanterns. It took away any kind of diversity of personality within anyone but the Green Lanterns! If someone is a Red Lantern or a Violet Lantern or something, then they have exactly ONE character trait

So making Guy into a Red Lantern doesn't make him cool. It actively makes him LAME, because it pigeonholes him

But then, I've never really liked any of the Green Lantern corps to begin with, with the exceptions of Guy, Kilowog, and that one Green Lantern that is just a giant planet with a lantern symbol etched into its surface

yeah,

um

about that

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    this movie was much, much, much better than thor 1

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Adam Driver is weird-handsome

I actually like him a lot now, since watching Girls, though my initial reaction to a coworker saying he was the cutest was one of bewilderment

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Hullis wrote: »

Oh really?

Huh.

yeah,

um

about that

Oh come on! You can't kill off Mogo. He's one of the coolest things in Green Lantern.

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Okay, looking at wikipedia it looks like they found a way to bring him back. Phew.
    Who would win, Mogo or Ego the Living Planet?

Moth 13 on
  • Options
    Hullis wrote: »

Oh really?

Huh.

yeah,

um

about that

Fuck

everything

signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I want a marvel one-shot that is a three stooges style comedy about the egyptians trying to build the pyramids during the convergence

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    They brought Mogo back to life earlier this year.

Unless they killed him again since then.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ANXM_COSTUMES_08062013_COL_BBallEDIT.jpg?1383942958
    All-New X-Men design sketches

kinda wish Bobby had, like, purple or something not-blue but they are amazing otherwise

CYpGAPn.png
This discussion has been closed.