As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This is the old S T E A M thread

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    What in the world is this Long Live the Queen game?! IT LOOKS RIDICULOUS?!
    It's the best game, where you try to groom a girl into becoming queen, only she's probably going to horribly die.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    On one hand, I enjoy child murder.

on the other hand, japan

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    On one hand, I enjoy child murder.

on the other hand, japan
    Would you believe it's made by someone who is not japanese in the slightest?

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    It won't kill people's likelihood to buy LLTQ if I go through with this LP idea, will it?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

I'll be honest, my only regret with LLTQ is that it doesn't have NG+ and that things are so set on rails.

If the game randomized who was sending chocolates, who was invading, and who was willing to be wooed, it'd add a bit to the replay value.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Aren't there multiple suitors?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Dignified PauperDignified Pauper Registered User regular
    This is amazing. Being shot by an arrow was her first death. Let's see what other ways I can ruin this girl's life.

PSN: DignifiedPauper
    3DSFF: 5026-4429-6577
  • Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    Hot damn, this new version of Project Zomboid they rolled out for the Steam early access release is awesome.

It's streets ahead of the last version I played, which was all sorts of fucked up and barely playable. But now it's, like, smooth...and there's all this....music. Things are....working properly. And it's only crashed on me once so far.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Blackguards... has anyone played this yet? I only see one friend ( @Corpekata ) owning it and no play time listed.

It looks brain-meltingly awesome. And I have a humongous soft spot for turn-based games. And... and... Check out this manual! It's beautiful; it brings tears to my eyes.

Anyway, it seems a nice departure from pink princesses, so I find it tempting and hoped for some opinion(s) on it...

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    So, I realise SRIV has come and gone but I feel the urge to share this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQ83FZ_hmTw

Also all you people talking about LLTQ are cruel teases.

• Options
    cj iwakura wrote: »

There's an achievement for getting a woman romantically interested in you.

I got it, but I didn't survive long enough to see if I could marry her.

There's definitely multiple guys possible.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    staplerofpaperstaplerofpaper Registered User regular
    Hey you guys
    Keys via Humble Bundle, have fun.

Arkham Asylum GOTY: clickie

Arkham City GOTY: clickie

Scribblenauts Unlimited: clickie

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Luchaire wrote: »
    Blackguards... has anyone played this yet? I only see one friend ( @Corpekata ) owning it and no play time listed.

It looks brain-meltingly awesome. And I have a humongous soft spot for turn-based games. And... and... Check out this manual! It's beautiful; it brings tears to my eyes.

Anyway, it seems a nice departure from pink princesses, so I find it tempting and hoped for some opinion(s) on it...

I am super interested in it. I mean it's in The Dark Eye setting, made by Daedelic (I am really loving Deponia at the moment) and features anti-hero misfits and criminals in tactical turn based combat.

This could be my RPG. Also they seem to be doing the Early Access thing right. The game is already feature complete with a complete chapter. They plan on adding additional content every two weeks until the game's campaign is complete. I think that's like ten weeks and it's out. Pretty refreshing instead of the usual, "I've never made a game before here's my super ambitious design document and I don't have anywhere near this many features implemented and heck we probably won't even finish the game before we go out of business."

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Okay, Risk of Rain looks awesome in so many ways:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JifGqCGLZ-s

Rogue like side scrolling shooter with classes and co-op.

Albino Bunny on
  • Options
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »

There's an achievement for getting a woman romantically interested in you.

I got it, but I didn't survive long enough to see if I could marry her.

There's definitely multiple guys possible.

Hanako addressed this on the steam forums:
    You can't marry her. Elodie needs to produce an heir so she must marry a male.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    AsheAshe Registered User regular

Ooh, that manual. I do love a good old fashioned stylish manual.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    ALRIGHT ROUND 2!

Grab em while they're hot! And if you're a winner from the last set, make sure you check on steam gifts that you got it.

signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

Penny Arcade Group, No Contributions, Ends Sunday at Midnight EST.

I think one more round after this of 6 giveaways and I'll be cleaned out.

Also I still have an Exceed Gun Children key if anyone wants that.

Repost, this ends tonight at Midnight EST.

• Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    I just went back and finished Shelter. It turns out I was about 30 seconds from the end when I stopped earlier. I don't want to say too much about the ending, but I got a little teary-eyed. This is not the game to play when you want a pick-me-up. Still, it was gorgeous and I'm glad I played it.

Spoilers about the ending:
    I was more upset about the fact that the babies are now on their own in such a dangerous world, than I was about the fact that "my" badger died. With how hard it was to keep them alive with a mother looking after them, their chances of making it on their own do not look so good. :(

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Shelter spoiler
    If you didn't notice, over the course of the game your babies keep growing

By the end of the game they are all full size

They will be fine

Bluedude152 on
    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Man, Blood Dragon is glorious. Neon-filled, macho grunting, explosion-filled, crotch-grabbing gem of a game that has no right to exist.

I still can't believe they gave them the green light to go ahead and make the damn thing.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    Goddamn. I finally lived through LLTQ. Sheesh.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    Shelter spoiler
    If you didn't notice, over the course of the game your babies keep growing

By the end of the game they are a full size

They will be fine

More Shelter Ending
    I did notice that they were a lot bigger than when I started. I still worry.

I really liked that after the credits, they showed the bird bringing you back to its babies. So, even if your babies die, they are probably helping to keep other babies alive. It was a nice depiction of the whole "circle of life."

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Long Live the Queen has turned this thread into a dark place.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    Long Live the Queen has turned this thread into a dark delightfully pink place.

FTFY.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    HadjiQuest wrote: »
    I've always wanted to buy a Trackmania, mostly because I've enjoyed the shareware-esque free versions for almost a decade now without ever having purchased one.

A few pages ago the conversation seemed to suggest Canyons was the best TM2. I dig jumps and stunts, so that's more what I'm looking for I guess. Which one should I go for? Ideally I'd like to buy a three pack of one title, and gift the other two copies to friends.

Sorry to quote this, but it sort of got buried under the LLTQ stuff. I'd love some input on this. I'd like to buy a trackmania before the sale ends, and I'm not sure which one is right for me. Looking for rad jumps and gorgeous maps. Suggestions? Thanks!

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    I plan on playing Blackguards shortly, it just finished downloading. Should have some impressions by tommorow.

• Options
    By the by, if you get Gun Bullet Children, someone at RHDN made a patch that puts an English translation(which our team did that he didn't even credit us for) into the game.

http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,17187.0.html

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    I've always wanted to buy a Trackmania, mostly because I've enjoyed the shareware-esque free versions for almost a decade now without ever having purchased one.

A few pages ago the conversation seemed to suggest Canyons was the best TM2. I dig jumps and stunts, so that's more what I'm looking for I guess. Which one should I go for? Ideally I'd like to buy a three pack of one title, and gift the other two copies to friends.

Sorry to quote this, but it sort of got buried under the LLTQ stuff. I'd love some input on this. I'd like to buy a trackmania before the sale ends, and I'm not sure which one is right for me. Looking for rad jumps and gorgeous maps. Suggestions? Thanks!
    To start with I would suggest Canyon.

No wrong answer honestly, they are all great.

that said however....
    Canyon is possibly the most accessible of the 3 with a larger focus on drifting, looks pretty good too.
    Valley is the best looking imo but the maps favour precise driving and the difficulty ramps up quicker than the others.
    Stadium is the middle ground in terms of driving physics, clean racing lines are key here. least visually impressive.

All 3 have maps with crazy jumps and because of the built in track editors they all have essentially an infinite number of tracks ranging from straight races to platformers.

Viking on
    steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Viking wrote: »

To start with I would suggest Canyon.

No wrong answer honestly, they are all great.

that said however....
    Canyon is possibly the most accessible of the 3 with a larger focus on drifting, looks pretty good too.
    Valley is the best looking imo but the maps favour precise driving and the difficulty ramps up quicker than the others.
    Stadium is the middle ground in terms of driving physics, clean racing lines are key here. least visually impressive.

All 3 have maps with crazy jumps and because of the built in track editors they all have essentially an infinite number of tracks ranging from straight races to platformers.

I tried the demos of all 3 today. Kinda siding more with Canyon for some reason. I only really tried some 3 tracks in Valley, and I expected to like that one better, but Canyon has that something in there.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options

What kind of character was it?

I finally got a Sansa through, and got the Angel Of Music achievement for my trouble.

I'm sort of sad that she can't marry a woman.

• Options
    edited November 2013

What kind of character was it?

I finally got a Sansa through (no magic), and got the Angel Of Music achievement for my trouble. If I can get an Arya through, I'll be able to put the game away for a while.

I'm sort of sad that she can't marry a woman.

Shadowhope on
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Anyway, i've head that a few of you are playing this game "Long Live the Queen" wherin you try to keep a princess alive as snakes, and arrows, and nations, and magical girls/boys/aunts/all at the same time try to murder her. I also hear that the princess in this game is significantly easier to keep alive. So if you all get frustrated i've got an easier experience for you

signature.png

This ends sometime tomorrow: Adventure Team Only: No Donation Required: You may want to send Koopah a thank you note though

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    Just saw that RPS got rid of Lewie.....why do I have a feeling it has something to do with their stance on PAX they started taking a month or so ago. =\

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    übergeek wrote: »
    Just saw that RPS got rid of Lewie.....why do I have a feeling it has something to do with their stance on PAX they started taking a month or so ago. =\

?

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    signature.png

I figure I should make absolutely certain that everybody has this.

Open to the general PA group just to be sure there's more than one entrant.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I don't know about a LP of LLTQ, since apparently there's a right and wrong way to play it.

But... what about a LP of Magical Diary? Where people give input on classes taken, etc? Would that peak anyone's interest?

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    I don't know about a LP of LLTQ, since apparently there's a right and wrong way to play it.

And we'll get to see them all! It'll be partially blind, too.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DaxterMaxDaxterMax Registered User regular
    signature.png

Steam | DaxterMax | Youtube
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    übergeek wrote: »

Man....

Remember the days of LewieP and all the comic edits people made of him in this thread? Those were good times. It's kind of weird being on these forums for so long and watching as the regulars change, with new people coming onboard and older regulars fading away for various reasons.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Finally got around to completing Half-Life 2 badges (which was immediately followed by me getting a Half-Life 2 booster :P); I have some leftovers if anyone wants them
    -33% off Foul Play
    -75% off Ultratron
    -50% off Magical Diary
    -75% off Two Worlds II
    -10% off Toki Tori 2+ (2x)
    Citadel Core Background
    Alyx Vance Emoticon (2x)
    Headcrab Emoticon

Undead Scottsman on