As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NBA] Thread - Playoffs for the next 4 months!

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Thad Young says no to poor Dion Waiters RIP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4_8fpHFUFM

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    My team is so bad...

I'm getting my mud hole stomped in by Xehalus. This is not cool.

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Bradley Beal finally showed up this week

I'd say half my team is a gamble

Xehalus on
  • nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    So the Suns are 4-2, and lost those two games by a combined 10 points. This team is so much more fun to watch then last year's version!!

they sent all their players to the Lakers and it still worked out

the draft works

edited November 2013
    All 30 NBA teams received a memo from the league office Friday reminding them that no form of bullying or hazing will be tolerated, according to league sources.

The memo, sources said, references the Miami Dolphins' ongoing bullying scandal and urges NBA players to report anything if they feel the need while also spelling out specific violations of the league's policies.

Sources said the memo reiterated a number of prohibited behaviors that would violate league policy.

The lengthy list of violations, sources said, includes: any physical abuse or threats of violence; verbal abuse focused on an individual's race, nationality, color, gender, age, religion, sexuality, etc.; destruction, defacement or theft of a fellow player's personal property; engaging in any activity that intimidates or threatens fellow players with ostracism or inflicts extreme mental stress, embarrassment, humiliation or shame; and forcing an individual to engage in any activity or perform any task that violates federal, state or local law or NBA rules and regulations.

Also prohibited, sources said, is requiring an individual to unreasonably pay for meals, travel, entertainment expenses, goods or services that are being solely enjoyed by others as well as imposing physical activities on a fellow player -- such as exposure to weather, confinement in a restricted area, or consumption of food, liquid or substance -- that leads to unreasonable risk for the individual or adversely affects their mental or physical health or safety.

it sounds like David Stern has seen enough

Xehalus on
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    What happened to my Cavaliers? Before they couldn't defend and now they can't shoot?

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    edited November 2013
    yeah Irving is off to a slow-ish start

it doesn't help that Bynum is considering retirement as well

Xehalus on
    Bynum is not the reason the rest of the team is shooting like 30% from the field

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    my god lillard is taking eight and a half threes a game and making 47%

in less surprising news josh smith is taking seven a game and making 28%

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    josh smif is the best

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    hahaha the celtics

you can't actually do this can you

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    edited November 2013
    Jeff Green is legit

Xehalus on
  • simosimo Registered User regular
    well winning is probably counterproductive but fuck it that was awesome

bugss2.jpg
  • EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    Jeff Green is legit

whoa now, whoa now

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
    i believe victor oladipo is this year's tyreke evans

Eddy wrote: »
    i believe victor oladipo is this year's tyreke evans

this year's 2009 tyreke evans? or this year's last years tyreke evans

i love tyreke because somehow he came into the league at his absolute prime and has only declined every single year since

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    edited November 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaDok7hdBxI

39 points, 12 assists and a game winning layup

on 33 shots but eh

Xehalus on
    edited November 2013
    also

Korver made a 3 in his 79th consecutive game to surpass Dennis Scott and tie Michael Adams for second place on the NBA career list.

record is 89

would be cool to see

Xehalus on
    wizards!

I BELIEVE

(i don't believe)

Butters wrote: »

Is that Bargnani?

Because that's a pretty big improvement on defense if it is.

I may not get a hopeful Cavaliers season but it's nice to know I can still look forward to James Dolan continuously hamstringing his franchise with awful personnel decisions at every level. I think he may have taken Donald Sterling's title of NBA's worst owner.

• AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    I was coming to post that Bargnani gif.

Just miming in the corner what a defender might look like.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Its like he's saying "I remember what you're supposed to do in this situation! Lookit me!"

Goose! on
    funniest part is he thinks Ginoboli is directly behind him

With Tyson Chandler out 4-6 weeks with a broken fibula the Knicks are having a tough time finding room to sign a big man (or anyone for that matter) to back him up thanks to JR Smith's younger brother being given a roster spot and guaranteed money. Chris Smith has been described by opposing GM's as "maybe the worst player in the history of the summer league."

According to Adrian Wojnarowski the Knicks are already counting on Kevin Love (a free agent if he opts out early in 2015) to keep Melo from bailing come next July when he has publicly stated he intends to opt out of his contact and test free agency.

Say hello to your ever growing fan base, Brooklyn. James Dolan is doing more for you than Jay-Z ever could.

Melo is going to Los Angeles anyway.

• BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Celtics tank needs a tuneup. They need to import some horrendous malcontent, get that baby back on track.

BrocksMullet on
    I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

Celtics tank needs a tuneup. They need to import some horendous malcontent, get that baby back on track.

I think the Jazz have this tanking shit on lockdown.

Boston or Philly will still win the lottery though. The most hyped prospect since Lebron ain't going to be playing in freaking Utah.

• simosimo Registered User regular
    Celtics tank needs a tuneup. They need to import some horendous malcontent, get that baby back on track.

i need the shimmy back in my life, if only for just a season

XiONdKi.png?1

bugss2.jpg
    *posts drunken picture of me and Toine from 2 months ago when I saw him downtown after bars closed*

C8Ft8GE.jpg

So you're saying you want to trade back for Perkins? Because that ought to do it.

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Butters wrote: »

So you're saying you want to trade back for Perkins? Because that ought to do it.

I'd take Big Baby and Nate Robinson back.

I despise everything about the knicks for the past ten years apart from Linsanity, Tyson Chandler, and JR Smith (not extended to the Smith family)

fucking Dolan man

I gave up on the Knicks as soon as they traded Sprewell. I loved that maniac.

if Melo wanted to go to the Nets

would the NBA let him

Xehalus wrote: »
    if Melo wanted to go to the Nets

would the NBA let him

Why would the Nets want a bad basketball player though?

JR Smith is fools gold. No way he averages 18 points per game this season.

edited November 2013
    James Dolan guarantees a victory this Wednesday against the Hawks

Melo wrote:
    “I guess we’ve got to win,’’ Anthony said Monday when asked by the Daily News about Dolan’s guarantee. “The owner said it. I guess we got to make it happen. We want to win. If he said it, he’s put the pressure on us to go out there and win the game.’’

no one forgets the New York Knicks

Xehalus on
This discussion has been closed.