As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pinny Arcade - Pinny Pal Community thread

• sirmrejsirmrej Seattle areaRegistered User regular
    @TheAggroCraig thank you! you are awesome.

• sirmrejsirmrej Seattle areaRegistered User regular
    pinnypals.com is amazing. I love it. One nitpicky thing I'd love to see...on the pins page, can you put East Aus and Prime in chrono order? So either move Prime down two spaces, or swap East and Aus? My OCD brain squirrel will thank you so. very. much.

• InsaneloonInsaneloon Jefferson City, MissouriRegistered User regular
    Just got my Halloween set today, and dear God that Annarchy pin is adorable. Pictures don't do it justice; I'd say it's as cute if not cuter than Kitten Kemper. They really did a great job on that pin.

• LadymooseLadymoose Registered User regular
    Ayefkay wrote: »
    that would be for them to design :P But I was thinking either at PAX, like a scavenger hunt (similar to the one that got you the chandra goggles from the WOTC Magic booth, or a community scheduled gaming event, play an online game during a week with another community member.

again these are just my ramblings, actual specifics of each task or milestone can be figured out later either by us or PA

Are there other scavenger hunt-style events at other PAXes? Reneguage and I may or may not have been thinking of ways to come up with pin-related activities for PAX, in particular something entertaining while you are waiting in line for a panel... But if its already been done we'll scrap that idea and move on to the next squirrel-induced brainstorm.

• VaanroseVaanrose Pin Cushion SeattleRegistered User regular
    Just got my Halloween set. My first lanyard is officially full.

Twitter: @vaanrose

My PINS

Verbosity is my charm point.
  • ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    My Halloween set was waiting for me when I got home today!

• Jim SharkmagicJim Sharkmagic That's the Sharkmagic magic. England, UKRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    I've been away working for a bit, but I just wanted to say that I love the new Pinny Pals site :D I'm on there as JimDarkmagic but I haven't updated my collection yet. It's also awesome to see people getting their Halloween sets! I'll shout when mine reaches the UK.

Jim Sharkmagic on
  • AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Hmmm, so roughly a week to go until the 15 anniversary pin drops..... Do we know what time of the day it will be? Need to calculate time zones again. Aussies don't forget to compensate for daylight savings shenanigans as well...

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • JuicesirJuicesir The Boy with the D&D Tattoo Registered User regular
    The site looks really neat, thanks Manic and crew! It's being a little funny for me, but I think that's just because my computer is derpy.

Excited that I just made my first trade with orthancstone. ^_^ Also just wanted to say that I'm still looking for a Pin Pal Partnership. I'm going to PAX East for sure, and also usually go to Prime. Hardcore level. Let me know!

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Hmmm, so roughly a week to go until the 15 anniversary pin drops..... Do we know what time of the day it will be? Need to calculate time zones again. Aussies don't forget to compensate for daylight savings shenanigans as well...

I assume they'll announce it like Hanna, and I'll assume it'll be around the same time, unless they feel like being nice to Aussies as well.

I also don't see these selling out as fast as Hanna (considering there's 2x the amount for one, but I don't know if there will be 1000+ people after these all at once, but I could be wrong).

I would say it will sell just as fast. An anniversary pin is a bigger deal than a story specific (lookouts/eyrewood/thornwatch) pin i'd think.

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • KamelonKamelon Canberra, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Brainstorming for puntastic (pintastic!) group names, I came up with a few weird ideas that could be fun community activities for us, perhaps not right now, but sometime in the future, once Pinny Arcade is more established:

1) Pinbassadors - people who introduce new pin pals to the hobby and give them their first lanyard, set or pin
    2) Pinlanthropists - the name for people who just give random pins of kindness away
    3) Take A Pinny, Leave A Pinny - a secured pool of pins you can rummage through, take one, and replace it with another

Take all these with some grains of salt. I basically came up with the puns first, then the ideas, so they're a little wobbly, but I had the urge to share them here to see if they spark anything in the group or strike any chords. (Also, I realised the first two puns aren't exactly solid ;) You have to admit the third one is gold, though!)

Here's a bit more info about the ideas:

1) Pinbassadors are pinthusiasts and pin pals introducing brand new fans to the hobby. I like the idea of a Pinbassador pin or shirt that shows you are happy to help new pin collectors or traders. You could even go around with them as trading buddies, or show them where staff members are for trades. I imagine this would be at PAX, and you would have a few lanyards of starter pins, maybe sprinkled with a few extra pins, to hand out to newcomers. You could hand out just a pin or two or maybe a whole starter set. It'd be out of our own pockets, if not sanctioned and provided for by Penny Arcade, but anyway, it's an idea.

2) Pinlanthropists is a pretty basic idea. I don't think you'd indicate yourself as one, necessarily, but it'd be like the Pinbassadors. In fact, they could both be the same concept, really. The idea with this one, though, is just giving a free pin to people with very few pins, on their lanyards, or who look like they could use it. I guess the idea is, if we're loaded up with plenty of pins to trade, but an eager bright-eyed new collector comes to us and has nothing we want, we could just GIVE them a pin. Of course, we could trade for something me might not need, but the idea here is to be philanthropic. I'd love to hear pinlanthropist stories (from givers and receivers) after each PAX.

3) Take A Pinny, Leave A Pinny! It's like the pinlanthropists but there's some secured area - perhaps at the Pin Trading Are we're hoping to have - that's watched by enforcers or something (or is only available at certain times). The idea is it's a trading pool. You rummage in the pin bowl and if you find a pin you want, you take it and leave another pin there. It's like trading, but with a group of people. Hopefully we would see some nice pins appearing in there, and with a large amount, it could help some people complete their collections or find the pin they're looking for.

Hopefully this sparks some ideas or conversation. Now I just need to come up with a name for my pin pal group.

Pinny Arcade Collection & Trades
    Heroic Coaching & Consulting - Personal Development & Coaching For Nerds

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6423-4833

"Every suggestion from the FAQ with a link? Kamelon. A truly Organised Pinthusiast." - PedroAsani
  • reneguagereneguage Registered User regular
    I'll be getting business cards made, with my username and the address of the forum and the pinny pals website and a tag line like: you've traded with an official Pin Pal. In a efforts to steer people towards the trade forum and away from ebay

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    reneguage wrote: »
    I'll be getting business cards made, with my username and the address of the forum and the pinny pals website and a tag line like: you've traded with an official Pin Pal. In a efforts to steer people towards the trade forum and away from ebay

That is a pretty good idea.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • rndoomrndoom Registered User new member
    Juicesir. I'm going to PAX Prime and I've also been trying to be placed in a pin pal group! I'm more of an enthusiast with potential of being hardcore :) we just need to find someone for Australia.

• PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular

That's in the FAQ this Friday.
    Kamelon wrote: »
    Brainstorming for puntastic (pintastic!) group names, I came up with a few weird ideas that could be fun community activities for us, perhaps not right now, but sometime in the future, once Pinny Arcade is more established:

1) Pinbassadors - people who introduce new pin pals to the hobby and give them their first lanyard, set or pin
    2) Pinlanthropists - the name for people who just give random pins of kindness away
    3) Take A Pinny, Leave A Pinny - a secured pool of pins you can rummage through, take one, and replace it with another

1. I prefer Pinflictors, since we are really cursing people with Brain Squirrels. Or if you are kinder, Pintroducers.
    2. Pinnefactor is the best I can come up with. Still not the same elegance as others.
    3. It's perfect.

• Manic2kManic2k Brotherhood of the Squirrel [AUS]Registered User regular
    Take a Pin leave a pin is brilliant!

Pinny arcade - Pin Pals community page: www.facebook.com/pinnypals
    Community Pinny Arcade Trading web site: http://www.pinnypals.com
    Pinny Arcade - Pin Pals twitter: @PA_PinPals
    SubReddit:http://www.reddit.com/r/pinnypals
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/pinnypals
  • Manic2kManic2k Brotherhood of the Squirrel [AUS]Registered User regular
    Ok guys so confirmed groups so far are:

Hardcore:
    G1
    G2
    G3
    G5
    G6
    G8
    G9

Enth:
    E2
    E3
    E4
    E5

Notes: Some groups only have one member as we are still trying to bolster our numbers, After east we should see number grow... A lot.

Pinny arcade - Pin Pals community page: www.facebook.com/pinnypals
    Community Pinny Arcade Trading web site: http://www.pinnypals.com
    Pinny Arcade - Pin Pals twitter: @PA_PinPals
    SubReddit:http://www.reddit.com/r/pinnypals
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/pinnypals
    PedroAsani wrote: »

1. I prefer Pinflictors, since we are really cursing people with Brain Squirrels. Or if you are kinder, Pintroducers.
    2. Pinnefactor is the best I can come up with. Still not the same elegance as others.
    3. It's perfect.

Haha, I like those. Pinnefactor is cool :) And glad you guys like the Take A Pinny, Leave A Pinny. I could see it really working if we handle it well.

Also, now that you mention the FAQ, I have something to add. I've been emailing with Andy Nguyen, the Merchandiser at Pocketwatch Games about Monaco Pins. I've got a little spiel I'd like to add to the FAQ. It's a little long with all the quotes and sources, but I'm hoping it can stay relatively intact. I basically wanted to show the enthusiasm for this pet pin project. Fans are in, devs are in. The question is, is Penny Arcade in?
    Kamelon wrote:
    Mike, your Monaco prints are perfect for pins. They're just begging to join the Pinny Arcade lineup.

We asked some of the guys at Pocketwatch Games if they'd be interested and got some strong responses.

Andy Schatz says: "I love em too! If there were demand I'd do it!"

Andy Nguyen has indicated that Pocketwatch would definitely be willing to work with Penny Arcade if you guys wanted to work with them. He said this to us in an email and also asked us to keep fighting for these pins and keep him informed on the answers from this FAQ.

@MonacoIsMine says: "We'd love to have PA do some pins for us"

Here's some of that demand they were asking for. Some posts from the forums in support of Monaco pins:

"I'm still really keen to see Mike's Monaco designs made into pins. And so is the creator of Monaco!" -Kamelon
    "I'm more than happy to push for some Monaco Pins in the FAQ" -PedroAsani
    "For what it's worth, I would love to see some Monaco Pins." -Insaneloon
    "Ditto" -Spy112
    "You can add me to the would-buy-a-Monaco-set." -Vaanrose
    "Monaco set would be amazing, especially if they nailed the vivid colours." -grgemonkey
    "Another hands up for the Monaco set here" -Aussie Ben
    "I'd love an official PA Monaco set! I love Gabe's take on the charaters but have no place to hang the prints he made... but the pins i could display proudly!" -Burt
    "I'd buy a Monaco set, definitely." -Degraine
    "Also, Monaco pins would be cool" -SerpicoBC

So, Mike, what do you say?

I realise now, those twitter links are going to turn into embeds, but I was mainly including them to quickly show Mike the relevant sources.

"Every suggestion from the FAQ with a link? Kamelon. A truly Organised Pinthusiast." - PedroAsani
  • mayoukonekomayoukoneko Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Just clarifying, in the FAQs on the first page, there is a question regarding there will be new staff pins coming out before East. The answer was no, that this current set will be used till Prime. With that in mind, it seems as PAX AUS has been moved to November, PAX AUS will have new staff pins. So I should be trading now for the staff pins, or post East? :O

• ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Well, there will probably be more of them available after PAX East. So there's that. More people will have them which means more potential trade partners.

• brettness37brettness37 Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular

An idea for the pinnypals site- as part of our profile a flag that shows where we are located/able to receive mail beside our user name. It's hard to make someone an offer when you don't know if shipping will be $3 or $30.

• PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Kamelon wrote:
    Mike, your Monaco prints are perfect for pins. They're just begging to join the Pinny Arcade lineup.

We asked some of the guys at Pocketwatch Games if they'd be interested and got some strong responses.

Andy Schatz says: "I love em too! If there were demand I'd do it!"

Andy Nguyen has indicated that Pocketwatch would definitely be willing to work with Penny Arcade if you guys wanted to work with them. He said this to us in an email and also asked us to keep fighting for these pins and keep him informed on the answers from this FAQ.

@MonacoIsMine says: "We'd love to have PA do some pins for us"

Here's some of that demand they were asking for. Some posts from the forums in support of Monaco pins:

"I'm still really keen to see Mike's Monaco designs made into pins. And so is the creator of Monaco!" -Kamelon
    "I'm more than happy to push for some Monaco Pins in the FAQ" -PedroAsani
    "For what it's worth, I would love to see some Monaco Pins." -Insaneloon
    "Ditto" -Spy112
    "You can add me to the would-buy-a-Monaco-set." -Vaanrose
    "Monaco set would be amazing, especially if they nailed the vivid colours." -grgemonkey
    "Another hands up for the Monaco set here" -Aussie Ben
    "I'd love an official PA Monaco set! I love Gabe's take on the charaters but have no place to hang the prints he made... but the pins i could display proudly!" -Burt
    "I'd buy a Monaco set, definitely." -Degraine
    "Also, Monaco pins would be cool" -SerpicoBC

So, Mike, what do you say?

I got the source pasted into the FAQ. I'll keep this one intact.
    Just clarifying, in the FAQs on the first page, there is a question regarding there will be new staff pins coming out before East. The answer was no, that this current set will be used till Prime. With that in mind, it seems as PAX AUS has been moved to November, PAX AUS will have new staff pins. So I should be trading now for the staff pins, or post East? :O

I have this in the FAQ, but I may bump it to next month since we have a lot of questions about the 15th Anniversary and the December/Christmas sets, and I try to keep the FAQs to a reasonable length.

That said, any questions you have should be sent to me in the next few days. I'll be compiling and sending it off some time Friday.

edited November 2013
    I realise having reread my post, my phrasing want the best. Acknowledging there would be more staff pins at PAX East, I should be doing trades now and Post East but before Prime for the 2013 staff pins. And no worries PedroAsani. I know it's a busy time with lots of questions and this isn't urgent ;)

mayoukoneko on
  • orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    News post about the 15th Anniversary, including a look at the pin: http://www.penny-arcade.com/2013/11/11/15-years-of-penny-arcade

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • 00Fayt0000Fayt00 Registered User regular
    News post about the 15th Anniversary, including a look at the pin: http://www.penny-arcade.com/2013/11/11/15-years-of-penny-arcade

I'm loving that this will be a dual layer pin. :)

edited November 2013

Awesome stuff in here. I love the redraw of the first comic. So cool so see how far they've come. I wonder if there will be any more surprises. I'd love to see a Tycho shirt like the Gabe shirt.

@PedroAsani Can I add a request to the FAQ for 15 Year Shirt Gabe and the new Wombat as pins? I had always thought the wombat would be a good Aus pin, but now with a redesign, it seems like an even better idea.

Kamelon on

I realise having reread my post, my phrasing want the best. Acknowledging there would be more staff pins at PAX East, I should be doing trades now and Post East but before Prime for the 2013 staff pins. And no worries PedroAsani. I know it's a busy time with lots of questions and this isn't urgent ;)

Phrasing I will change, as yours is part of a larger series of questions about 2014.

Kamelon wrote: »
    Awesome stuff in here. I love the redraw of the first comic. So cool so see how far they've come. I wonder if there will be any more surprises. I'd love to see a Tycho shirt like the Gabe shirt.

@PedroAsani Can I add a request to the FAQ for 15 Year Shirt Gabe and the new Wombat as pins? I had always thought the wombat would be a good Aus pin, but now with a redesign, it seems like an even better idea.

Wombat Pin request added. We may end up with a menagerie of Australian animals, given the Dropbear requests.

• orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    I'm interested to see this pin up close. It looks fairly big and the dual layer may give it some noticeable depth too.

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
    I loved everything about the anniversary announcement! Of course the pin is first and foremost, but the scarf looks really cool too. Mike didn't specify when everything goes live, but I'll send him a tweet for clarification about that. So excited!

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Insaneloon wrote: »
    I loved everything about the anniversary announcement! Of course the pin is first and foremost, but the scarf looks really cool too. Mike didn't specify when everything goes live, but I'll send him a tweet for clarification about that. So excited!

Monday... the time remains a mystery.

PedroAsani wrote: »
    Phrasing I will change, as yours is part of a larger series of questions about 2014.

Wow, mobile phone typing on train fail. I meant that my phrasing wasn't** the best. Sorry for the confusion again *hides*

• NowHiringHenchmenNowHiringHenchmen Registered User regular
    I know it isn't Pin related EXACTLY, but all those looking to go to Pax Aus, the badge registration is live;

http://aus.paxsite.com/static/registration.html?/registration

NICE FIND 'henchmen! got my tickets :D

8fuuo_RK.png
  • NowHiringHenchmenNowHiringHenchmen Registered User regular
    That's good to hear! I can't make it out this year, but luckily I was around on the internet and saw they announced it. I guess they wanted to surprise everyone this time.

feels so good to not have to worry about missing tickets!

8fuuo_RK.png
    Can't sleep, Prime tickets next. Can't sleep, Prime tickets next. Can't sleep, Prime tickets next. Can't sleep, Prime tickets next. Can't sleep, Prime tickets next. Can't sleep, Prime tickets next. Can't sleep, Prime tickets next. Can't sleep, Prime tickets next. Can't sleep, Prime tickets next. Can't sleep, Prime tickets next. Can't sleep, Prime tickets next. Can't sleep, Prime tickets next. Can't sleep, Prime tickets next. Can't sleep, Prime tickets next. Can't sleep, Prime tickets next. Can't sleep, Prime tickets next. Can't sleep, Prime tickets next. Can't sleep, Prime tickets next. Can't sleep, Prime tickets next. Can't sleep, Prime tickets next. Can't sleep, Prime tickets next. Can't sleep, Prime tickets next. Can't sleep, Prime tickets next. Can't sleep, Prime tickets next. Can't sleep, Prime tickets next.

Of course, I have no idea if it's true. But I don't know that it isn't either.

Can't sleep, Prime tickets next. Can't sleep, Prime tickets next. Can't sleep, Prime tickets next. Can't sleep, Prime tickets next. Can't sleep, Prime tickets next. Can't sleep, Prime tickets next. Can't sleep, Prime tickets next. Can't sleep, Prime tickets next. Can't sleep, Prime tickets next. Can't sleep, Prime tickets next. Can't sleep, Prime tickets next. Can't sleep, Prime tickets next. Can't sleep, Prime tickets next. Can't sleep, Prime tickets next. Can't sleep, Prime tickets next. Can't sleep, Prime tickets next. Can't sleep, Prime tickets next. Can't sleep, Prime tickets next. Can't sleep, Prime tickets next. Can't sleep, Prime tickets next. Can't sleep, Prime tickets next. Can't sleep, Prime tickets next. Can't sleep, Prime tickets next. Can't sleep, Prime tickets next.

• JuicesirJuicesir The Boy with the D&D Tattoo Registered User regular
    In honor of @PedroAsani, I present a new Pin idea: insomniac Pin Pal with bloodshot eyes endlessly staring at their computer monitor :-)

This discussion has been closed.