As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pokémon: The Cutest...uh...Veteran's Day

• Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    tumblr_inline_mw4xdnAeaF1r5g1c1.jpg

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Beasteh wrote: »
    For klefki I like thunder wave, swagger, foul play and substitute

Yukira uses that set up and it can be reeeeeaaaal tricky to deal with of you don't have a fire or ground user

please never use this set its uncompetitive as fuck
    does this mean it's not good or not fun

It's awesome, but really boring, 'cos it basically just makes battles into a random chance of your pokemon actually doing anything this turn. Similar deal with Serene Grace Togekiss, but Prankster makes it even easier to set up with very little your opponent can do to stop it.

Halos Nach Tariff on
  • HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    Enc wrote: »
    Could I be added to the OP?
    5043-2266-3066

If anyone needs a Beldum, I have about 250 from my shiny breeding adventure. Finally got my shiny last night after about a day's worth of hatching. :D

Oooh! I shall add you. Trade Beldum for an Aussie River Pattern Vivillon?

Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
  • SkulloSkullo Registered User regular
    @Inquisitor

Oh, okay, cool! I'll wait for the challenger rules before moving forward, see if I broke anything else.

Gives me some time to plan a new team when I inevitably lose my next challenge.

• Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    my mega lucario just outspeeded an electrode before getting outspeeded by a mr mime

battle noun's weird

edited November 2013
    Okay, so on the GTS, you have the option to filter out "Special" pokemon, which removes all the requests for Xerneas/Yvetal/Zygarde/Mewtwo. Which is awesome!

But it leaves in the Birds.

In online formats that ban legendaries (I think I heard this was a thing?), would they still be allowed?

I know that just being legendary doesn't necessarily make a Pokemon good, but it's still weird to me. What determines a "special" pokemon?

Skullo on
  • TreagyTreagy Registered User regular
    The ground gym is bred, I just need to ev train them and level them. I'm not really feeling the current setup I have for my gym so I may switch things around a bit when bank comes out. I need to do some serious BP grinding though

378373_trainercard-Treagy.png
  • HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    Legendaries = special on the GTS.

Also, people dont get that you cant get certain pokes till Christmas when the Bank opens. Stop asking for a mew for your vivillon.

Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
    I looked up the VGC banlist, which I assume would have similar rules to any in-game online format that would ban legends, and it seems like the birds are OK. It seems like legendary birds and their gens equivalents are cool.

So it's kosher to use my Articuno!

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Trios are generally statistically comparable to dragons

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    most legendaries are in uber tier but the birds are probably okay

i'm not going to use any of the four musketeers but that's mostly because i think they are super lame

edited November 2013
    Yeah, I know legendary doesn't automatically make something awesome. I was mostly intrigued by them not being considered 'special' despite their legendary status. And I figured the 'no legendaries' ban from tournaments extended to anything legendary, but apparently not.

Which is cool, because I don't think Articuno is going to be in Ubers any time soon, and I'd like to use the timid, good IV one I caught and trained up.

Skullo on
    Someone take this burden of loving Ice types from me.

At least I have single player for my monotype team.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Ghost gym is available to crush all challengers.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    5043-2266-3066

If anyone needs a Beldum, I have about 250 from my shiny breeding adventure. Finally got my shiny last night after about a day's worth of hatching. :D

@HyperBallad Sure, I can be on at 12:15 today if you want to trade.

• CowSharkCowShark Registered User regular
    @HyperBallad -Will add you after work today.

• MorblitzMorblitz Registered User regular
    @Peewi. Just added you.

So. My list of people from the thread and other places who have been bad and not added me are as follows.
    @Artreus
    @Bendery Like Beckham
    @Bluedude152
    @Big Red Tie
    @Speed Racer
    @Shorty
    @Ceno
    @CorporateRed
    @CowShark
    @DJ Antwan
    @Emerlmaster999
    @Heatwave
    @I need a name to post
    @Isoldae
    @jgeis
    @Kor
    @Marathon
    @Mint
    @Neutered
    @PassionateLovie
    @RawrBear
    @Reigner
    @SCREECH OF THE FARG
    @Shill
    @Silver
    @SingleCell
    @Spoit
    @-Tal
    @Turambar
    @Vann Diras
    @Virgil_Leads_You
    @Allygory
    @Lorahalo
    Tim- someone who is 4656-6257-5543. Whoever you are, tell me.

There are more of you. I will find you and I will plunder your safari zone goodness.

In return, I offer my FUdNubp.jpg type safari. Yes. You heard me. FUdNubp.jpg

With Mawiles, Togepi and Floettes.

Add the following number

0361- 7385-2366

I will appear as Sarah.

Heya I added you.
    My code is 0645 5780 8920

3DS Pokemon Y Friend Code: 0645 5780 8920
    Please shoot me a PM if you add me so I know to add you back.
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I need to be taken off of the list in the OP. I have zero time to play this and don't want to waste anyone's time.

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Third post but

The way my team fares in the battlenoun (i.e. team bugs) is making me a bit nervous. Is the battlenoun an accurate representation of what will happen to my babies? I guess I could go online and find out...

battle noun will often cater parts of teams specifically to counter you. Liek when i'm using my dragon team sharkpedo with speed boost and ice fang shows up a lot.

Also it legit cheats after you get a ways in. Probability goes out the window, items activate every turn, and all their moves have 100% accuracy. Like so

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0WSB6TFQ9o

One thing that really aggravates me about battle noun is that it's the only way to get a Lansat berry (that boosts crit chance when on low health). That not necessarily a great berry, but to get it you have to win 100 battles in a row in the maison, which I'm pretty sure is actually impossible.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Grinding the battle noun for items is the literal worst thing in Pokemon. Even though they made it better! It is still awful!

• KlendyKlendy Goomy GoomyGoomyRegistered User regular
    @arch I have like 600 bp on my many failed quests to get to 100 consecutive petering out around 65. What do you need?

goomyisall400.jpg

• BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    @BugBoy

I'm about to start breeding Vespiquen because, well, duh

If you want some when I'm done I can toss some to you unless you want to raise your own.

If you end up with breeding stock left over I'll gladly take one

what are you planning to run on yours

• ShenShen Registered User regular
    Haha, I literally just ran into that Sheer Cold Walrein. She also had a Contrary Serperior :rotate: To be fair, that sort of silly buggers didn't show up til after I got my 50 win streak for 244 points and a monument in the maison, woo! Scizor/Garchomp/Gengar, bringing the pain since Gen 4 (though notably, critical lack of water resist).

There should be a Super Super Battle tier that unlocks after 50 wins, shit gets stupid tense once you're up against Veterans fielding Latis and other base 600s.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    5043-2266-3066

@HyperBallad Sure, I can be on at 12:15 today if you want to trade.

@HyperBallad Its gonna have to be later tonight, I cant seem to get my 3DS to connect to this network. :(

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    For klefki I like thunder wave, swagger, foul play and substitute

Yukira uses that set up and it can be reeeeeaaaal tricky to deal with of you don't have a fire or ground user

please never use this set its uncompetitive as fuck
    does this mean it's not good or not fun

It's awesome, but really boring, 'cos it basically just makes battles into a random chance of your pokemon actually doing anything this turn. Similar deal with Serene Grace Togekiss, but Prankster makes it even easier to set up with very little your opponent can do to stop it.
    right, I was referring to his wording

also psychic gym is open I guess

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    Infernape looks rad as heck in the new engine, goddamn. Streak ended at 71 wins to an Infernape/Hippowdon/Arcanine combo; Ape got a crit on Close Combat, but I figure if you make it through 70 rounds without getting fucked over by hax it was you who got lucky.

ladi.png
  • FizFiz Registered User regular
    The BF became that guy this morning. He put one of the ultra rare Vivillon on the GTS asking for a Yvetal, and somebody snatched it up in less than one minute.

He put another super rare one on for an extra Xerneas for me. We are both kind of crazy about needing to actually have the pokemon in our box and not just the dex entry.

juggcat.jpg
  • MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    Fiz wrote: »
    The BF became that guy this morning. He put one of the ultra rare Vivillon on the GTS asking for a Yvetal, and somebody snatched it up in less than one minute.

He put another super rare one on for an extra Xerneas for me. We are both kind of crazy about needing to actually have the pokemon in our box and not just the dex entry.

I've been putting up Kanto starters to see if anyone will bite for a Xerneas or Yvetal, then I'm going to turn around and trade that for some of the more ridiculous requests on the GTS.

Also, how does he have a super rare Vivillion? If you breed them, do they keep the parents color?

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular

do you remember what type he traded away? I would also like to have all of them in my box, not just my dex, so I would look into doing something similar.

• cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular

I've been putting up Kanto starters to see if anyone will bite for a Xerneas or Yvetal, then I'm going to turn around and trade that for some of the more ridiculous requests on the GTS.

Also, how does he have a super rare Vivillion? If you breed them, do they keep the parents color?

I've actually got two relatively rare ones through wonder trade as spewpas, so now I level and evolve any scatterbugs and spewpas I get to check color before I get rid of them

• FizFiz Registered User regular

Sadly, no. They will only become the pattern based on your region on the first save. For the two of us, that is the ultra common High Plains pattern.

He has three complete sets of the Vivillon due to 1) Obsessive scouring of the GTS, and 2) going to various groups on facebook (like Pokemon Hawaii) and asking if anybody would be willing to trade that way.

juggcat.jpg
  • SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    I added @Enc, @Morblitz and @Peewi since you guys went and posted your friend codes since last night. I'm just going to put my friend code in my signature for now.

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    is there a list of dream world pokemon that could be obtained in gen V anywhere?

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    BugBoy wrote: »
    BugBoy

If you want some when I'm done I can toss some to you unless you want to raise your own.

@BugBoy

I was just gonna make it a toxic/infestation staller/special wall with Heal and Defend order

I hadn't thought this through a lot, I was just gonna breed for natures and a few IVs this weekend

@Klendy

I think I need life orb and red card and I'll be close enough that the gym can be "open"

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Well I guess I should do all my catching on lunch breaks, got a shiny Electabuzz.

BugBoy wrote: »
    BugBoy

@BugBoy

I was just gonna make it a toxic/infestation staller/special wall with Heal and Defend order

I hadn't thought this through a lot, I was just gonna breed for natures and a few IVs this weekend

@Klendy

I think I need life orb and red card and I'll be close enough that the gym can be "open"

I fought a Vespiqueen with that exact set in the Battle Noun.

It was not fun.

ladi.png
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular

Sadly, no. They will only become the pattern based on your region on the first save. For the two of us, that is the ultra common High Plains pattern.

He has three complete sets of the Vivillon due to 1) Obsessive scouring of the GTS, and 2) going to various groups on facebook (like Pokemon Hawaii) and asking if anybody would be willing to trade that way.
    oh I have Hawaiian butterflies....

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    what's the standard item/nature/ev distribution for talonflame?

I'm guessing adamant, max speed and attack, with like... a life orb i guess?

tryin' to do some math to see if my counter idea works

Speed Racer on
    evidently skarmory can't learn defog as an egg move

even though it can learn it by HM in DPP

come the fuck on game freak

This discussion has been closed.