As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Digital Devil [Phalla]: Rebirth - Final Cycle: Future

1666768697072»

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    It was a 200 base damage attack at level 5 and 10 MA. It was almighty damage.
    You needed to have a high MA and be guarding and have over about 150 HP to survive.

discrider on
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    MrBlarney was I close to surviving that mafia attack?

Not at all, it did 779 damage. Even if I gave you Almighty resistance, it wouldn't have helped.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited November 2013
    wat.
    0 MA DUE?
    Or are my calculations off.

discrider on
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Almost missed this last comment, here. Looks like I set the MA value of the Black Sun at 15 at some point instead of 10 and forgot to switch it back when the game went live. That's a huge difference indeed, whoops. But still 484 damage, far more HP than DasUberEdward had...

4463rwiq7r47.png

So, DUE had 10 MA then? I'm glad I didn't shoot myself with the sun if that were the case. I thought I could tank it with 9 :P

• InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Why would you shoot yourself.

OrokosPA.png
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    It would show the village that the mafia doesn't control that kill- it's really a SK!

Alternately, hoping to be singled out in the narration even though he didn't die?

Really, it's a horrible horrible idea...

• KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    He wanted to be all 'oh shit look the mafia attacked me I'm not mafia!'

But I had most of the village believing that the Dark Sun was an SK kill. Maybe. I'm not sure! Everyone went a little insane in this game.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
    edited November 2013
    I would've liked to be all 'oh no I got shot', but if I had shot myself it just would've looked like the sun hadn't been used or I would've offed myself.
    Pretty much I was expecting a failed sun attack to show up in narration which was why I was entertaining the idea. But it would've only been viable during the penultimate turn.

discrider on
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Infidel wrote: »
    Why would you shoot yourself.

You of all people should only be asking this question rhetorically, after persona phalla's mafia seriously considered the same harebrained scheme :P

Rawkking Goodguy on