As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pokémon: The Cutest...uh...Veteran's Day

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    evidently skarmory can't learn defog as an egg move

even though it can learn it by HM in DPP

come the fuck on game freak
    Gotta save something for move tutors

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    The current distribution on Defog is really bothersome

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    For klefki I like thunder wave, swagger, foul play and substitute

Yukira uses that set up and it can be reeeeeaaaal tricky to deal with of you don't have a fire or ground user

please never use this set its uncompetitive as fuck
    does this mean it's not good or not fun

It's awesome, but really boring, 'cos it basically just makes battles into a random chance of your pokemon actually doing anything this turn. Similar deal with Serene Grace Togekiss, but Prankster makes it even easier to set up with very little your opponent can do to stop it.
    right, I was referring to his wording

also psychic gym is open I guess

uncompetitive ie. removing skill and turning a match into coin flips

its intensely aggravating to play against and cheap as fuck and I hate it

• Options
    SedraxisSedraxis Kooloo LimpahRegistered User regular
    @Enc and @Morblitz could not evade my searching eyes.
    Their friend codes are mine.
    (Mine is down below)

Mirrodinlandscape.jpg
    3DS: 0232-8293-7683
  • Options
    I feel kind of bad for breeding up a really fucking annoying cat gym with two prankster abusers but at the same time

cats are assholes, so it makes sense

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    I can't name my pokemon Schierke. Is that like a swear in another language or something?

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    apparently you can't trade frolass on the GTS because of censorship.

good work nintendo.

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    German for Snerky.

The foulest swear word

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    I ended up naming all of my party after swords from the Matter of France.

I'm a dork.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I wonder what happens of you try to bank a bad word named Pokemon

Does it wipe their nickname? Does it tell you to rename them before you can upload them?

• Options
    Melding wrote: »

good work nintendo.

what are they censoring?

"ass"?

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Okay, I have got the gym entries in for Melding, Yukira, Speed Racer, King Riptor, Big Red Tie, Anialos and Arch.

Which means I still need gym entries from Treagy Beasteh Anzekay Peewi Fightingfilipino Nirya Stilts Rorus Raz PaperLuigi44 Huntera and Crimson King

Or quite possibly that I have misplaced they info that they sent me, I sort of ran into an organization kerfuffle. This post isn't meant to put a flame under anyone's butt, its mostly just to make sure I have compiled all the existing information that is out there so far.

I am going to try to dig back up challenger information but I am pretty sure that I have misplaced that pretty thoroughly at this point, so if people want to resend me there challenger teams that would be great.

@Inquisitor Steel Gym is almost ready, just having trouble deciding on a 6th pokemon. Right now I have Lucario, Metagross, Ferrothorn, M-Mawile, and Aegislash.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Arch wrote: »

good work nintendo.

what are they censoring?

"ass"?

yep!

• Options
    Nirya wrote: »
    Okay, I have got the gym entries in for Melding, Yukira, Speed Racer, King Riptor, Big Red Tie, Anialos and Arch.

Which means I still need gym entries from Treagy Beasteh Anzekay Peewi Fightingfilipino Nirya Stilts Rorus Raz PaperLuigi44 Huntera and Crimson King

Or quite possibly that I have misplaced they info that they sent me, I sort of ran into an organization kerfuffle. This post isn't meant to put a flame under anyone's butt, its mostly just to make sure I have compiled all the existing information that is out there so far.

I am going to try to dig back up challenger information but I am pretty sure that I have misplaced that pretty thoroughly at this point, so if people want to resend me there challenger teams that would be great.

@Inquisitor Steel Gym is almost ready, just having trouble deciding on a 6th pokemon. Right now I have Lucario, Metagross, Ferrothorn, M-Mawile, and Aegislash.

Skarmory.

Always skarmory

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular

good work nintendo.

what are they censoring?

"ass"?

yep!

Well, butts do need to be censored.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    So they have a 212 track soundtrack for X&Y on iTunes for 10 bucks. Not sure if it's anywhere else, definitely not on amazon.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular

good work nintendo.

what are they censoring?

"ass"?

yep!

See also: Cofagrigus, Marshtomp and Skuntank.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013

Skarmory.

Always skarmory

I'd actually say magnezone

Speed Racer on
  • Options

Skarmory.

Always skarmory

I'd actually say magnezone

It does get electric terrain. . .

• Options
    Skarmory has massive physical defence and only two weaknesses. it's a pretty good wall.

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Earthquake immunity is a pretty major asset to have on a steel team.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    jgWVYZZ.jpg

I got bored this weekend

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Dang, horde training is pretty useful huh? Trained my whole team in like an hour.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular

Skarmory.

Always skarmory

No, I know it's probably going to be Skarmory, I'm just not super excited about it.

Truth be told, as soon as Pokebank opens I'd put my Empoleon on this team and probably sub out Metagross because Empoleon is awesome.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Empoleon also has the advantage of not being totally unable to take a fire attack, which is a nice draw. Metagross has kind of lost its luster this gen anyway.

• Options
    Wyvern wrote: »
    Empoleon also has the advantage of not being totally unable to take a fire attack, which is a nice draw. Metagross has kind of lost its luster this gen anyway.

Better use rock polish then

:D

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    seeing a lot of 2-3x ghosts on every OU team on showdown

people don't seem to realize that defog is a thing???

• Options
    Well, ghost is a really good offensive type right now regardless. Neutral damage or better on everything but Normal or Dark, neither of which is overly common.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Ditto can just

munch right down on talonflame's lunch, right

like there is literally nothing talonflame can do about an imposter ditto other than switch out (which is basically committing suicide if I've got SR anyway)?

because I'm sure not seeing it if so

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    wobbuffet also seems like it could handle it fairly well, except that you have to correctly predict whether they're brave birding or swords dancing and use counter or encore respectively

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Your ditto is a nightmare.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    it's situational because there are plenty of sweepers that are incapable of sweeping themselves and it doesn't have the HP or PP to win a war of attrition

but yeah in the right circumstances it can be pretty mean

Speed Racer on
  • Options

People dont know electric types cant be paralyzed either. Or that rotom-x loses ghost typing

• Options
    KlendyKlendy Goomy GoomyGoomyRegistered User regular
    @arch do you still need those items? Imma buy em for you and trade them to you on goomies

goomyisall400.jpg

• Options
    SkulloSkullo Registered User regular

People dont know electric types cant be paralyzed either. Or that rotom-x loses ghost typing

This threw me for a loop the first time

• Options
    first pokemon showdown game

opponent quit after his azumarril wiffed play rough 3 times in a row and i calm minded with slowbro all three turns

i am the battle tower it's me

• Options
    I had a guy drop because of the aforementioned paralysis immunity

then another guy ran after he had his talon flame swords dance aginst rotom w which really I cant fault him for.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Okay

Totally gonna finish my team tonight

Still need a Super Sized Pumpkin, and now a adamant Flygon because woops forgot to have a physical attacker

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I can provide the Pumpkaboo, Bluedude.

• Options
    4553-9983-6412 is my code, I have one spare right now.

This discussion has been closed.