As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pokemon Thread] Where we force Dittos into a life of prostitution

1939495969799»

• Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Can anyone take pity on my Pokedex ADD and trade me a taillow? I can give you a poke with Pokerus.
    so if you go to the area in this video, use honey/sweet scent (I use an oddish I caught by the palace), one of the hordes that comes out is a tailow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9znZk_sQo_Q

3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    SevorakSevorak Registered User regular
    I don't remember which one of you has the Game of Thrones + others team, but that was an awesome battle. I though I had you when that focus blast connected but your tentacruel was surprisingly tanky. Did it have an assault vest?

steam_sig.png 3DS: 0748-2282-4229
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Holy shit, @Sevorak that was intense. Wow. I was biting my nails there. Pulled victory from my ass.

I hit your Gengar with scald first because I wasn't sure Knock Off would kill you all the way and I didn't want you to be able to use another move (choice item, right?) that tentacruel couldn't resist as well. But he had so little HP left and I wasn't sure his fighting resistance + special wall + assault vest + 27 hp would contain a full focus blast...

Wow. Good game. Fucking great game.

edit: yep to the Assault vest. One thing I should have done in retrospect is letting Scizor get Will o' Wisp'd. And EQing Tyranitar instead Outrage (I'm used to it one-shotting them versus random plebs, which it couldn't quite do against an optimized one).

Matrias on
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Hey guys, I uploaded the awesome battle me and @Sevorak had. Code is LSZG-WWWW-WWW2-RJ5X. Went down to the skin of our teeth.

Matrias on
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Anyone interested in some 4-5 max IV Trapinches (Flygons)? Just doing my final breeding generation now so I should have some spares.

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Shamus wrote: »
    Matrias wrote: »
    Previously, I wanted to do a GoT Pokemon team.
    I was going to do this..

Cut out the spoilers, but my plan was to do pokemon based on each house. So Hydreigon could be Targaryen, Tentacruel is Greyjoy, stuff like that. Still might end up doing it down the road.
    Tentacruel for Greyjoy, or Malamar? Hmmmm.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    Malgaras wrote: »
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Finally!

After about a dozen tries, I now have a Jolly Sand Stream Gibble with maxed Speed, Attack, Defense, AND Special Defense.

Running her through super training to get all the EVs set proper. Then the Battle Institute will know my wrath.

Well apparently I'm a day late posting this, but after some breeding the other day, I find myself sitting on 5 Jolly Sand Stream Gibbles with 31 HP/Speed/Attack/Defense/Sp Defense and I have no use for them. Does anybody want one?

@Malgaras - I would love one if you have any left!

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    Kay wrote: »
    I was going to do this..

Cut out the spoilers, but my plan was to do pokemon based on each house. So Hydreigon could be Targaryen, Tentacruel is Greyjoy, stuff like that. Still might end up doing it down the road.

Malamar.

Shame there's no actual wolf pokemon that aren't furries. I was really excited with the rumour there was a legendary ice pokemon in the game, but it turns out people were just confusing him with the gym leader Wulfric.

• Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    What about Mightyena?

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    Anzekay wrote: »
    Anyone interested in some 4-5 max IV Trapinches (Flygons)? Just doing my final breeding generation now so I should have some spares.
    Yes. A thousand times yes. I love Flygon, and this would save me a lot of time.
    I was going to do this..

Malamar.

Shame there's no actual wolf pokemon that aren't furries. I was really excited with the rumour there was a legendary ice pokemon in the game, but it turns out people were just confusing him with the gym leader Wulfric.

Malamar is cool. Tentacruel is probably more competitive, though. There's something to be said for Jellicent though, Water/GHOST, drowned god, etc. etc.

Lucario would be fine for House Stark. Arcanine is meant to be CANINE but looks more like a big cat. Mightyena... is not good.

Maybe Absol for Stark? It's kinda doggish.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    @Anzekay I knew I forgot to @ you, and editting doesn't work. (Look up. Love me some Trapinch.)

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    @Kay having some trouble getting one without SpA, so I'm not quite done yet. I have a few that would work as mixed attackers, without maxed SpD/Def though, as of right now.

• Options
    Anzekay wrote: »
    @Kay having some trouble getting one without SpA, so I'm not quite done yet. I have a few that would work as mixed attackers, without maxed SpD/Def though, as of right now.
    I'd probably want to run a Naive/Hasty Mixed Attacker at some point, so don't worry so much! I usually end up with 2-3 versions of Pokémon I like. (I have like... five trained Starmies on DPPt I think.)

I'm at work now, so I'll have to wait until tonight or the weekend to pick it up, but there'll be a 4-5 IV Skrelp in it for you with Dragon Pulse (level 52 move), Toxic Spikes, Venom Drench and Haze. (Of the three egg moves, you either go with Spikes+Drench, Spikes alone, or Haze alone. I did it so I could breed multiple base Skrelps for versatility.)

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Shit yes Skrep is on the list for my SE++ gym, that'd help an awful lot! Drench + Spikes + Dragon Pulse would be great, since I'm making him a special attacker, maybe a lead.

Anzekay on
  • Options
    It'll have Haze too, but you can just put something else on there instead.

HOWEVER. If you decide to make your Dragalge a Hazer, you can just Heart Scale it back on there. Heart Scaling Egg Moves that were once known is a HUGE IMPROVEMENT.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    Yep, I do know about that! It's very neat.

Sounds good to me. I've added you, just @ me sometime when you're around to trade. I'll get you my best spare.

• Options
    BruanBruan Registered User regular
    Hey guys, I uploaded the awesome battle me and @Sevorak had. Code is LSZG-WWWW-WWW2-RJ5X. Went down to the skin of our teeth.

dumb question - how do you watch the video?

Playstation: Anthai (Destiny)
    WiiU: jooncole (Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate)
    3DS: 2122-5983-8919
  • Options
    MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Finally!

After about a dozen tries, I now have a Jolly Sand Stream Gibble with maxed Speed, Attack, Defense, AND Special Defense.

Running her through super training to get all the EVs set proper. Then the Battle Institute will know my wrath.

Well apparently I'm a day late posting this, but after some breeding the other day, I find myself sitting on 5 Jolly Sand Stream Gibbles with 31 HP/Speed/Attack/Defense/Sp Defense and I have no use for them. Does anybody want one?

@Malgaras - I would love one if you have any left!

Still have a couple left. I'll be around again this evening ~10:00EST if you want one.

Malgaras on
    1tLJUH2O.png
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular

And he's not a wolf, he's a bear!

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Alright, I have the following Trapinches:

level 27, female, hp/a/d/SpA/Speed
    level 19 male hp/d/SpA/SpD/speed
    the rest are level 1
    male HP/A/SpA/SpD/Speed
    female A/D/SpA/SpD/Speed
    female HP/D/SpA/SpD/Speed
    female A/D/SpA/SpD/Speed
    male HP/A/D/S[A/Speed

I may have some of their IVs wrong, but they're all 5 maxed out.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Refrigerate boosts power by 30%, too? And Aurorus learns Nature Power, which is Tri Attack?

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    Refrigerate boosts power by 30%, too? And Aurorus learns Nature Power, which is Tri Attack?

Refrigerate pixielate and aerialize do this. Normalize might do this too but I cant find proof

It also applies stab which is nuts.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    So I have a math question.

I know that there are 65,536 trainer IDs. (Despite the 5 digits allowing for 100,000, it's just a 16-bit number.)

It's easy to calculate your odds of winning the lottery outright. With just my ID it's 1/65,536, if I have 100 pokemon from Wonder Trade and the IDs are unique it's 100/65,536, or about 1/655.

But how do you calculate the chance of winning 2nd, 3rd, or 4th prize? When it's about matching digits, and you can match any digit, but the digit has to be in the same position, and each digit can be from 0-9...I forget how all this works.

Say I have 100 trainer IDs in my box and I want to know how often I will match 2 and get a PP Up. What's the answer?

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Hey, Freeze Dry is an eggmove for Delibird.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Hey, Freeze Dry is an eggmove for Delibird.

Yeah, I saw that.

Although I think it's kind of dumb because despite Delibird's higher special stat, nobody would ever use it for that, you gotta use Hustle for the 50% damage boost on physical hits.

Also Delibird's hidden ability is hilarious, being that it is a worse/alternate version of one of its regular abilities.

EDIT: Whoa, it gets Spikes and Destiny Bond, really?! Destiny Bond would be a hilarious surprise.

UncleSporky on
  • Options
    TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Does anyone have a Dragon Scale?

Edit: Never mind, found one.

Triiipledot on
  • Options
    pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
    Bruan wrote: »

dumb question - how do you watch the video?

Use the VS Recorder and Search by Code.

It is a fun fight. I am shocked that Tentacruel survived that hit. I also can't help but feel it would have ended differently if Will O Wisp hadn't missed twice.

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
  • Options
    A rare berry is the cheap gift that keeps on giving.

• Options
    A rare berry is the cheap gift that keeps on giving.

I don't know much about raising berries. Is there any risk? Could I plant it, water it, come back to it the next day and if I did something wrong, it's brown and dried up and I wasted it?

• Options
    edited November 2013
    If you wait long enough, but I don't think there's a berry that withers in less than a day. Although, I guess right now there aren't any special event-berries or anything. Some should still be later or harder to find.

PLA on
  • Options
    CoolTrainerCoolTrainer Registered User regular
    Awesome, thanks a lot @Chen, @CoolTrainer.

Edit: Actually, was this guy supposed to have a coat on him?

Were you referring to me or Chen? I assume you're talking about a Metal Coat, so it's probably me. If it had one, I didn't know about it, but it's no big deal. If you were expecting one, I'm sure I can farm one up for you.

I checked last night and I have 127 hours of game time invested so far. I've bred 6 Pokemon, other than my gym team, that are ready for competitive battling with perfect IV's. And yet, I still have no idea what I want my team to be.

League of Legends ID: Cloogr

3DS / Pokemon XY: 0774-5590-9276
This discussion has been closed.