As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Wildstar]Old Thread, go post in the new thread

• BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Corehealer wrote: »
    ... like Professor X meets Green Lantern.

DAMMIT NOW I'M INTERESTED.

One of us, one of us...

IM SO MAD I LITERALLY CANNOT AFFORD THIS GAME PERIOD :|

LUCKY FOR YOU IT ISN'T OUT UNTIL EARLY NEXT YEAR.

RE: setting seasons for your home - I'm dreaming of a Chua Christmas.

It's terrifying.

"Oh, candy cane lawn ornaments, how cliche. Wait, why is that Chua giggling... OH GOD THE CANDY CANES ARE SHOOTING RED AND WHITE ROBOT BEES AT ME OH GOD THEY'RE IN MY EYES AND HAIR AND OH NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

Edit: No near-bottom for you:
    Beezel wrote: »

This class, it speaks to me.

Bloodsheed on
    Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I'm p sure either spellslinger, esper or REDACTED is totally for me....

Hmm... that's not too decisive is it?

• knight11eknight11e Registered User regular
    hey, don't sell yourself short, you've narrowed the field by half. i'd say you're on the right track.

• destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Warrior or *REDACTED* will be main. Tank gonna tank.

Based on the livestream, Warrior is looking pretty good right now.

Though I'll make one of every class I'm certain.

steam_sig.png
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    fhSKKXA.jpg

Okay this is cute

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    I'm torn between Chua and Mechari for race, path is most likely going to be settler type, and class I am still entirely up in the air about, but stalker is my usual go to class

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    That Chua Esper amuses me greatly.

(She/Her)
  • charrbroiledcharrbroiled 'dis guy Registered User regular
    Warrior or *REDACTED* will be main. Tank gonna tank.

Based on the livestream, Warrior is looking pretty good right now.

Though I'll make one of every class I'm certain.

Agreed. I am definitely going to be rolling about smashing things. It's just how I do.

4d93c4f1d9d6247c.png
    Guild Wars 2: Tyreh, asura Warrior
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    The Exile bunny people are surprisingly cute as opposed to horrible wannabe cute.

• Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Yeah, espers are definitely not my thing. I already played a butt ton of mental superheroes in Champions Online so this would be like playing the watered down version of one of them with a less customizable appearance. For the same reason that mesmer didn't float my boat in GW2, Esper won't be my class here.

So.

What is the next class drop?

Spellslinger is next week

Also updated the OP with the new info/devspeak

Now spellslinger I can probably get behind as a second chracter, but just going off what I've seen so far (as a non beta tester) I still think warrior.

reVerse wrote: »
    The Exile bunny people are surprisingly cute as opposed to horrible wannabe cute.

Apparently they have Spanish-esque style accents. It's hard for me to imagine.

4d93c4f1d9d6247c.png

They are Antonio Banderas

They are Antonio Banderas

SXYV1L3.gif

4d93c4f1d9d6247c.png
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Chua represent literally the only time I've ever been interested in a short and/or furry race.

Every other race can eat a bag of dicks. Except Mechari, they seem legit.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
    hard for me to get into chua without experiencing it first hand. not big on the whole sentient rat thing, personally.

• Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    knight11e wrote: »
    hard for me to get into chua without experiencing it first hand. not big on the whole sentient rat thing, personally.

TheSecretofNIMHscreen.jpg

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    knight11e wrote: »

TheSecretofNIMHscreen.jpg

8493-29728.jpg
    First Chua?

steam_sig.png
    The particular fandom surrounding that film is one of the more disturbing things.

• GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Unlike all the other fandoms, which are wholesome and entirely devoid of oddballs.

• Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I don't know anything about the fandom around the film, but I like the book when I was a kid and the film pictures are better than the assorted book covers from Mrs. Frisby and the rats of NIMH.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I always liked An American Tail better as far as Bluth/Goldman films goes, though Titan AE is my favorite. Why the hell is Titan AE not on blu-ray yet?

(She/Her)
  • DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    I always loved Secret of NIMH. I think because, as a kid it was one of the few animated movies that didn't feel like a kids movie. There was mystery, murder, violence, blood, and no musical numbers. That kind of set it apart for me.

I lump Nimh together with Dark Crystal and The Mouse and his Child as "shit that was ostensibly for children but was far too dark and gave me nightmares". It can fuck right off.

• Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    I lump Nimh together with Dark Crystal and The Mouse and his Child as "shit that was ostensibly for children but was far too dark and gave me nightmares". It can fuck right off.

dude what about fucking Watership Down

"Yay bunnies! Yay a story about OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD D: "

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
    Never saw it as a child, thank God!

Read it as a teenager and though it was very good.

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Anyone ever read any of the Redwall books as a kid? Because that shit got pretty dark too, if I recall.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Anyone ever read any of the Redwall books as a kid? Because that shit got pretty dark too, if I recall.

Oh yeah, lots of death and loss and sieges and shit. Taught me a lot about the real Middle Ages actually, just with animals.

Salamandastron was the bloodiest one as I recall because it was that badger king and his rabbit army versus a horde of rats and weasels and such in an actual all out war.

488W936.png
    edited November 2013

a friend of mine did, and always told me how awesome they were. but i wasn't a big reader, so i didn't partake. seemed cool from what i remember him telling me, though.

i have no problem with, and actually enjoy, animal/human hybrid characters from other things. maybe the fact that the chua are shorter than everything else is what i can't really get into.

knight11e on
    edited November 2013
    Dumb post!

charrbroiled on
    4d93c4f1d9d6247c.png
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    So, people who participate in the beta get a free low level mount.

That sure is an awesome thing to get butthurt over.

edited November 2013
    I read over my post a little more and it (my post, I mean) just sounds pretty child-ish. Oh well.

charrbroiled on
    4d93c4f1d9d6247c.png
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Butthurt lessons are down the hall; we do Hitting You On The Head lessons in here.

Fairchild on
  • NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    I think I might be a chua esper as my main. Even after the four years since I've quit WoW back in '08, I'm burned out from being a warrior. I was the best off tank there was back in the day, but its just not my gig anymore. Maybe I'll make an alt warrior later on.

Only if one of the other classes offered oversized guns would I choose a different main. (Or even regular sized rifles for everyone else, but they end up being shoulder mounts for the chua, which makes the shoulder-mount stuff hilariously oversized on a chua, etc.)

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    I was very underwhelmed by the Mesmer in GW2; I think it's by far the weakest class in that game, so I'm curious to see Carbine's take on the Illusionist. But I'm not in a hurry to play one.

• FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Fairchild wrote: »
    I was very underwhelmed by the Mesmer in GW2; I think it's by far the weakest class in that game, so I'm curious to see Carbine's take on the Illusionist. But I'm not in a hurry to play one.

Mesmer is pretty good in GW2... once you get close to cap. Unfortunatly, it breaks on of the cardnial rules of modern MMO class design by *not* being fun or easy to play until you reach that point, meaning a lot of people hate them because they quit before it got fun.

Because of that, I wouldn't judge Wildstar's Esper because it's similar to one of the least fun GW2 classes to level.

steam_sig.png
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Corehealer wrote: »

Oh yeah, lots of death and loss and sieges and shit. Taught me a lot about the real Middle Ages actually, just with animals.

Salamandastron was the bloodiest one as I recall because it was that badger king and his rabbit army versus a horde of rats and weasels and such in an actual all out war.

Shit I still dust those books off at least once every few years and give them another read. Many fond memories and the stories are still just as entertaining.

Also Secret of Nimh is one of the best animated movies ever made and easily my favorite movie as a child.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    My personal preference for class is going to be Chua (*INSERT CLASS NAME THAT MAKES THE PRETTIEST EXPLOSIONS HERE*).

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
This discussion has been closed.