As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Can the draft functionality be turned off?

LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
Is there somewhere I can switch it off for my profile? Sometimes I click post and instead a draft is saved. Sometimes I click post, there's a delay (so I assume I just saved a draft ) and I click post again, ending up with a double post.

It just seems to cause more issues than the functionality is worth (for me, personally).

Capture.jpg~original
Currently playing: GW2 and TSW

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Nope

• Options
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Nope

Yeah, that was my guess.

Always one step ahead of me, that draft button.

Capture.jpg~original
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    If you AdBlock http://forums.penny-arcade.com/applications/vanilla/js/autosave.js?v=* that should turn it off. I haven't noticed much in the way of other problems from doing this.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    If you AdBlock http://forums.penny-arcade.com/applications/vanilla/js/autosave.js?v=* that should turn it off. I haven't noticed much in the way of other problems from doing this.

Thank you, will give it a shot!

Capture.jpg~original
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Would be nice, but I can understand why it can't be. I can't tell you how many drafts have been saved for some reason after I posted.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I can turn autosave draft off for everyone, but not for individuals.

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Where are the drafts actually located? I created an OP for the new game development thread, but I can't find it in my profile. I know in the past I've been able to get to a page with all my drafts because I remember deleting a bunch of them.

Edit: Disregard, I found it - it's in the gear icon

Delzhand on
  • Options
    Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    Possible alternative to turning off the draft functionality?
    Adding the ability to "select all" and "delete selected," like a shopping cart feature, on the drafts page. I just went through and deleted all my old drafts, having the page refresh each time. Other suggestion, might not be a good one (might increase the server load?) would be automatically deleting drafts after a certain length of time.