As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

2014 Registration is SOLD OUT!

zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
edited October 2014 in PAX Australia
If you've clicked over to the official pax aus website, you will notice that pax aus registration is up!

aus website: http://aus.paxsite.com/registration
direct ticket link: http://bit.ly/Aus2014Reg

zerzhul on

• Options
    vjreddy12vjreddy12 NSW, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I got mine.... ;)

tumblr_onhxy5XYP31sb6xu3o1_100.png
  • Options
    LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    I see individual days are limited to 3 passes per person each, yet 3-days are limited to 6. Interesting.

Also, strange to see these going on sale almost a year before the show. I'm guess that's one of the main reasons they're offering an insurance policy.

Lazorz on
  • Options
    philomglolphilomglol Melbourne, AUSRegistered User regular
    A year out is crazy!

Purchased.

Love Pokemon? Coming to PAX Aus? Challenge the PAX Pokemon League!
  • Options
    FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    Purchased as well.

Is it possible to get a cleanup of the forum / archive the old posts so we can start fresh with random banter for 2014 please? :)

• Options
    DruexDruex Registered User regular
    Secured 5 passes for my group. It's cool they have some reserved for international visitors. I can only hope they offer the same when I head to PAX East in a few years. I wonder how fast this year will sell out?

"It would be a sad error in judgement to mistake me for a corpse" - Kane : Tiberian Sun
  • Options
    Purchased as well.

Is it possible to get a cleanup of the forum / archive the old posts so we can start fresh with random banter for 2014 please? :)
    That is not a thing that happens, no. The only reason the archive exists is from the days before there were separate sections for each pax.

• Options
    NoonooNoonoo Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    3 passes down and the countdown begins

352 days and counting!

• Options
    helgirlhelgirl Customer Champ Hobart, TasmaniaRegistered User regular
    Tickets purchased!! Yay! See you all next year :D

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Lazorz wrote: »
    I see individual days are limited to 3 passes per person each, yet 3-days are limited to 6. Interesting.

I think is to stop the re-sale of the popular days (scalping)... I think anyway.
    Lazorz wrote: »
    Also, strange to see these going on sale almost a year before the show. I'm guess that's one of the main reasons they're offering an insurance policy.

They are saying it will give us a lot of time to prep (travel, accommodation and time off)

As for the insurance????.... the badges are only sent a couple of weeks before PAX

I am just happy that PAX is back for the 2nd time.... :D

vjreddy12 on
  • Options
    ctrlaltWalshctrlaltWalsh Registered User new member
    Missed out last year, Purchased! Any idea when delivery is due? I'll be moving cities in the next 6 months...

• Options
    Aussie BenAussie Ben AustraliaRegistered User regular
    If you're international, it's pickup. If you're Australia, it's September 2014.

• Options
    Missed out last year, Purchased! Any idea when delivery is due? I'll be moving cities in the next 6 months...

I think its about 4 weeks before the show.... I think.

• Options
    YugYug [ PAX Australia ] Content & Communications Manager AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Delivery of physical badges will be way closer to the show itself, but email info@paxaustralia.com.au when you end up changing your address!

I like drinking, I like gaming, so I created the Mana Bar
    paxaus_sig.gif
    Facebook.com/PAXAus
    Twitter.com/PAXAus

• Options
    NefilyNefily Melbourne AURegistered User regular
    Purchased! a year away :( i hope it passes quickly!

• Options
    Squire_PugSquire_Pug Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Three Day BYOC pass for me, and 2 day pass for the missus.... Woot!

• Options
    darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    Squire_Pug wrote: »
    Three Day BYOC pass for me, and 2 day pass for the missus.... Woot!
    3 day pass here. I'm wondering if it would be worth it to do BYOC for my laptop.
    Did you go last year?

My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
  • Options
    sacratoysacratoy Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    Hoping the international passes hold out for a little bit. I'd like to see if I can find good airfare before taking the dive. Either way, though, I'll still probably buy a pass if they run low before airfare is posted.

PAX Prime 2014: Pass [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Vacation Days [x]

PAX Prime 2014 Preparations Complete
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    3 Day passes sold out.... what was that... 24hrs..... :o

vjreddy12 on
  • Options
    NoonooNoonoo Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    vjreddy12 wrote: »
    3 Day passes sold out.... what was that... 24hrs..... :o

less im pretty sure ... heh

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    I'm pretty surprised by how fast the BYOC add-on passes are selling. I'll have to walk past there next year and see if more people show up.

• Options
    AxonAxon Registered User regular
    As an american, do I need an int'l badge?

• Options
    Axon wrote: »
    I believe the answer is that you do not, and that they are set aside to give non-Australians a slightly different chance at registration. I think you can buy the normal single days and select that you are an international person anyhow. The cost isn't different though.

• Options
    YugYug [ PAX Australia ] Content & Communications Manager AustraliaRegistered User regular

It's exactly the same as a three day badge for you, except ... they aren't sold out :P

I like drinking, I like gaming, so I created the Mana Bar
    paxaus_sig.gif
    Facebook.com/PAXAus
    Twitter.com/PAXAus

• Options

lol.... I am sorry but I had to laugh.... :)
    Yug wrote: »

It's exactly the same as a three day badge for you, except ... they aren't sold out :P

One question comes to mind..... Are the international students studying in Australia able to purchase Int'l badges?

• Options
    Obviously Yug will have better info than me, but if you look at the requirements for picking up an international badge, it includes travel manifests to prove that you came from elsewhere.

• Options
    zerochosenzerochosen WollongongRegistered User regular
    No badge for me... I'll have to rely on getting pinged as an Enforcer again :)

A webcomic by me: Enemy Agency
    http://www.enemy-agency.com
  • Options
    rithrith Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    zerochosen wrote: »
    No badge for me... I'll have to rely on getting pinged as an Enforcer again :)
    You're already an enforcer! Current ones don't need to apply again :)

• Options
    PDP11PDP11 Registered User regular
    3day passes are gone so I purchased 3x 1day passes plus a BYOC badge. I don't need or want 3 pieces of plastic when only one is required. I have asked via email if it is possible to convert the 3x 1day passes (3 pieces of plastic) into a single 3day pass (1 piece of plastic). Personally I don't care about the price differential and the difference ($15) can be used as a processing fee or donated to charity.

Does anybody else think this is a good idea?

• Options
    That is not a thing they do.

• Options
    AxonAxon Registered User regular
    vjreddy12 wrote: »

lol.... I am sorry but I had to laugh.... :)
    Yug wrote: »

One question comes to mind..... Are the international students studying in Australia able to purchase Int'l badges?

hahaha I actually sat there fore ten minutes before I posted, saying "am I really posting this?"

• Options
    jjjewelsjjjewels TorontoRegistered User regular

Don't NEED one but at this point it's the only 3 day option left. You have to show a passport AND flight details to pick it up, it wouldn't work for international students studying in Australia.

• Options
    portrulesportrules Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    I was a little disappointed for the fact there was no advance warning of when ticket sales were going to be open, as I'm traveling from Perth like I did for the first pax I am not all that happy.

Therefore I have decided that 2014 will be my last ever PAX in melbourne. Plus I should mention my wife is having our first baby so thats another reason. The costs to fly to Melbourne is not all that cheap and I know its only $15 extra for a pass for each day but when its two people it does mount up.

portrules on
  • Options
    rithrith Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    portrules wrote: »
    there was no advance warning of when ticket sales were going to be open
    There never is.

• Options
    portrulesportrules Registered User regular
    rith wrote: »
    there was no advance warning of when ticket sales were going to be open
    There never is.

That is what I dislike about it, other events always give a little advance notice of when sales will start. Look at all other expos and events held in Australia. Now as for their hotel deals they have attained for the next pax event you can find cheaper indeed and just as good. I stayed at Hotel Ibis on little burke street just 100 meters away from southern cross station for the last PAX, saving $50 a night. Still the whole weekend of flights, accommodation, spending money and airfares cost me just under $2000 back in july.

I just hope they don't charge for my 9 month old kid to enter the event as my crazy wife wants to come along.

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    I just hope they don't charge for my 9 month old kid to enter the event as my crazy wife wants to come along.

Children under 6 are free with parent.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    3-day badges are back on sale as of Sep 1st.
    Probably very limited.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    They tweeted about this, they are based on enforcer/media refunds. I would agree that the numbers are likely small.

• Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    3-day International sold out last night.

Only Standard 3-day (resale) & Friday remain. Both are low.

IhtGIyi.png