As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NBA] Thread - Playoffs for the next 4 months!

• satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    it really took me, like, no time at all to convince myself that monta ellis is going to have a career year with the mavs

I LOVE YOU MONTA ELLIS

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    it really took me, like, no time at all to convince myself that monta ellis is going to have a career year with the mavs

I LOVE YOU MONTA ELLIS

I need to save this quote for January.

Although, I hope I'm wrong and by finally being on a professional basketball team with other professional basketball players he's learned to play professional basketball.

He was my favorite player when he was out here in Oakland, but my god was he infuriating.

Maximum on
  • satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    you have to be pretty worthless at basketball to not be able to play better when out there with a guy who impacts the game on offense as much as a dirk

coughchriskamancoughdarrencollisoncough

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    If you're a basketball fan do yourself a favor and watch Steph Curry's highlight reel from tonight's game against Detroit. It'll give you an erection.

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Xehalus on
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    ku-xlarge.jpg

My new favorite image ever.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    that will be a difficult image to top

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    Not shown in that picture: The moment when Jordan punches that white dude in the neck for missing his next shot.

edited November 2013
    the Hornets/Bobcats are decent

he can celebrate

Xehalus on
  • HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    rubioooooooo

and love

My friends and I are seriously wondering if the Cavs are tanking. They can't actually be this bad...

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    Butters wrote: »
    My friends and I are seriously wondering if the Cavs are tanking. They can't actually be this bad...

It just might be that Mike Brown is not a good coach when he doesn't have the best player in the world on his team.

The Sixers seriously have no business beating Houston, even without James Harden.

Peen wrote: »
    The Sixers seriously have no business beating Houston, even without James Harden.

Not really. Houston looks terrible. Howard can't do anything but rebound, Asik is a waste of space with Dwight on the team. They have no established point guard other than Lin, and he turns the ball over fifty times a game and without Harden they can't default to their standard give the ball to him and run an iso in the half court.

They are seriously shit.

the Rockets are a different team without Beverley (at 100%) and Harden defensively

edited November 2013
    Maximum wrote: »
    Butters wrote: »

It just might be that Mike Brown is not a good coach when he doesn't have the best player in the world on his team.

Minnesota's penetration made it look like Cleveland wasn't even trying. I know the players weren't a big fan of Byron Scott but can they already hate Mike Brown too? I really do wonder since teams like Philly, Charlotte, Boston, and Phoenix overachieving if the Cavs management are seeing opportunity in the lottery of the next draft.
    Xehalus wrote: »
    the Rockets are a different team without Beverley (at 100%) and Harden defensively

So they're better?

Butters on
  • simosimo Registered User regular
    yeah, harden is probably one of the worst perimeter defenders in the league

also that's a clear elbow violation on mj

bugss2.jpg
    He's not just bad on the perimeter he's lazy all over the court and pretty much has been ever since he's become a starter.

Clearly a lot of preseason expectations are not totally panning out but Houston's really in trouble unless they can make some moves. I think they were counting on Dwight to make up for their poor perimeter defense but he's not the force of nature he used to be.

edited November 2013
    Part way through the third and Dwight Howard has 2 points against a Knick team that has no big men on their entire roster.

....and he just got blocked by Bargnani of all people.

This dude sucks.

Maximum on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Chandler played Dwight well his (Dwight's) last season in Orlando, but he's still on the shelf. How is this even happening?

Also, re: previous posts, I say, as ever: Fuck James Dolan. He is one of the worst fucking owners in sports..

Goose! on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Oh man, this OKC/GS game is going to wind up like 131-129

Goose! wrote: »
    Oh man, this OKC/GS game is going to wind up like 131-129

As every game should.

It's so weird seeing my Warriors on national television. On the plus side, this mean we're good. On the negative side, this means Reggie Miller.

Yeah, on that 2nd part, better you than me. His sister's still better than him.

This is a really good game. I feel for all you people on the east coast that are sleeping through it.

Andre Iguodala is having my babies. Holy shit!

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    I turned the game on in time to watch the ending.

Just....holy shit.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    if Woodson turns Bargnani into a paint presence he deserves another coach of the year award

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I like how lebron's attempts at being candid/casual in ads have gone from being awkward to being sort of endearing

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    Spurs won last night. Which it never felt like it was gonna end any other way even when they were down most of the game.

In Pop We Trust

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
    NBA 2K14 is super realistic. It even gave me a boost in team chemistry for passing the ball to OJ Mayo the second he called for it.

I even got a little cutscene afterwards where OJ thanked me and told me that passing the ball to him is the best thing for the team.

...we lost by 12.

was Larry Sanders bad?

Xehalus wrote: »
    was Larry Sanders bad?

Not that realistic, I'm afraid.

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/82634/getting-angry-about-jeremy-lin-all-over-again

I agree with this article

And damn did it hurt, as an Asian American and a New Yorker, when he left

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
    @y2jake215 the trilladelphia sixxxers

Yeah that looked more like the Sixers team I was expecting to say. Also this is not news but I think that Anthony Davis has a future in the NBA, yes I do.

edited November 2013
    Jeremy Lin leaving bothered me a bit, but it was 100% the right move, and unless he grew 1 foot taller over the last year, he's definitely not a player the Knicks could use right now.

Goose! on
  • Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    but in the end, they're still the knicks

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
    I love this season so far

This discussion has been closed.