As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Webcomic Feels

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Not to turn this into even more of an anime thread than it already was, but Battle Angel Alita is so fucking great. Kinda helps that the second half of the series just outright shifts in tone and artstyle to freshen things up while still using worldbuilding stuff which was hinted at from the very beginning. It's a bit like One Piece in that regard (but more concise and with a lot more insane sci-fi art)

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Advocate wrote: »
    Battle Angel Alita is pretty rad.

I still haven't read as much as I'd like to, but heart-in-hand arm wrestling fucking sold me

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    The rollerball-esque arc alone (which is hardly even three full volumes) is one of the best sequences in comic history, regardless of national origin or anything. It's worth reading for that arc alone and then it only keeps getting better (or crazier, depending on how much you care for the tonal shifts the series enjoys taking every few volumes).

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Hey anime thread, I just learned of Arpeggio of Blue Steel, Kotaku drew comparisons with Yamamoto 2199, Hunt For the Red October, and Gene Rodenberry's Andromeda. All my dick...blah blah blah...WEBCOMIC!
    sfp-4-15-for-web.png
    Yeah! Fuck Normal! WOO!

I cant help but find the idea that a school would actually put a teachers child into that teachers class is reaching for creating a 'tragic backstory'. I'm sure they could have done the same thing in some other way to make the point..

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Dr McNinja has been fun lately. So let's reread the latest fight as one bit instead of piecemeal.

2013-10-02-26p53.jpg
    2013-10-04-26p54.jpg

2013-10-09-26p55.jpg

2013-10-11-26p56.jpg

2013-10-16-26p57.jpg

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    FIDUSPAWNFIDUSPAWN Registered User regular
    Yeah, I love the whole story so far. And was worried when he almost cancel the story because of those editors that wanted to censor his story.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    Hey anime thread, I just learned of Arpeggio of Blue Steel, Kotaku drew comparisons with Yamamoto 2199, Hunt For the Red October, and Gene Rodenberry's Andromeda. All my dick...blah blah blah...WEBCOMIC!
    sfp-4-15-for-web.png
    Yeah! Fuck Normal! WOO!

I cant help but find the idea that a school would actually put a teachers child into that teachers class is reaching for creating a 'tragic backstory'. I'm sure they could have done the same thing in some other way to make the point..

uh I've had classmates whose parent was the teacher before

it's a thing that happens

hell, my grandfather was principal and a teacher at the school my father and his siblings went to

• Options
    2013-10-18-26p58.jpg

2013-10-21-26p59.jpg

2013-10-23-26p60.jpg

2013-10-25-26p61.jpg

2013-10-28-26p62.jpg

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    "Three times!" is the best.

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Okay, getting a little freaked by Blue Steel due to the characters being CG but looking animated and my brain not wanted to accept it, this is probably what VR would feel like.

• Options
    2013-11-01-26p63.jpg

2013-11-04-26p64.jpg

2013-11-06-26p65.jpg

2013-11-11-26p66.jpg

2013-11-13-26p67.jpg
    Moth 13 wrote: »
    2013-11-15-26p68.jpg
    yaaay

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    azith28 wrote: »
    sfp-4-15-for-web.png
    Yeah! Fuck Normal! WOO!

uh I've had classmates whose parent was the teacher before

it's a thing that happens

hell, my grandfather was principal and a teacher at the school my father and his siblings went to

exactly the same for my grandfather

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    2013-11-01-26p63.jpg

2013-11-04-26p64.jpg

2013-11-06-26p65.jpg

2013-11-11-26p66.jpg

2013-11-13-26p67.jpg
    2013-11-15-26p68.jpg
    yaaay

Oh good, I was hoping there would be a new one at the end of that but I didn't want to go check the site myself and spoil the thing you were doing.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options

JayKaos wrote: »
    2013-11-01-26p63.jpg

2013-11-04-26p64.jpg

2013-11-06-26p65.jpg

2013-11-11-26p66.jpg

2013-11-13-26p67.jpg
    2013-11-15-26p68.jpg
    yaaay

Oh good, I was hoping there would be a new one at the end of that but I didn't want to go check the site myself and spoil the thing you were doing.

Well, sorry to disappoint.

BUT IF YOU ASK MY WIFE IT IS APPARENTLY MY THING

I'm sorry I am possessed by the ghost of a hack comic

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    JayKaos wrote: »
    2013-11-01-26p63.jpg

2013-11-04-26p64.jpg

2013-11-06-26p65.jpg

2013-11-11-26p66.jpg

2013-11-13-26p67.jpg
    2013-11-15-26p68.jpg
    yaaay

Well, sorry to disappoint.

BUT IF YOU ASK MY WIFE IT IS APPARENTLY MY THING

I'm sorry I am possessed by the ghost of a hack comic

No I hadn't seen the latest one, you didn't disappoint at all! I swear I checked earlier today too.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    When I was in the first grade my mom would come by sometimes and act as a teacher's aide for the first half of the day.

Whenever she left I'd get upset and almost start crying even though I knew I'd see her in a couple hours when I went home.

• Options
    I am a vessel for spirits much like a shaman

by which I mean, I am drinking spirits and I am getting pretty sauced.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Oh SHIT! MORE SHIPS HAVE JAPANESE SCHOOL GIRL AVATARS! Crap, this is going to get depressing, isn't it?

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Oh SHIT! MORE SHIPS HAVE JAPANESE SCHOOL GIRL AVATARS! Crap, this is going to get depressing, isn't it?

a gaze into the abyss which none return sane or insane from

• Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular
    Cantide wrote: »
    darths0031.jpg
    Real life experience can be very useful for players trying to establish the feasibility of something that will be useful within the game. If you want to argue that anyone with half-decent coordination can use karate while riding a skateboard, simply state your skill at some appropriate Nintendo Wii game.

Here Sally is presumably using experience of a slightly different type, probably involving swallowing small pieces of some toy or other.

darths0032.jpg
    Many roleplaying games abstract damage to people into more or less generic "damage points" of some sort. But when it comes to damaging vehicles, it somehow seems much more important to determine exactly what bit of the vehicle has been damaged and what the effect of loss of a specific component will be. This ends up meaning that the vehicle damage tables in a lot of games end up being an order of magnitude larger and more complicated than tables describing damage to living beings.

We also learn from this comic that Jim deals with computers a lot.

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Mysst wrote: »
    Advocate wrote: »
    Battle Angel Alita is pretty rad.

I still haven't read as much as I'd like to, but heart-in-hand arm wrestling fucking sold me

Wait until you get to the thumb-wrestling.

I'm not joking.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Yeah that was a great fight too.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    I really wish we had a manga thread a lot more than an anime thread

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    00001276.jpg
    Chapter 45: Page 13

That gal.
    knitdan wrote: »
    Goddamit Tom.

Now you're just fucking with us.

No, no, no, the 3-week-long Jones reveal last year was Sliddell fucking with us.

Fortunately, that was before I was invested in GC so I could just laugh at it happening instead of being frustrated.
    The "backtracking" section 19 comics, so unless he sped up the updates that would have been over 6 weeks.

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    oaa20nL.png

5GFISML.png

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    imdointhisimdointhis I should actually stop doin' this. Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    oaa20nL.png

5GFISML.png

JG5VwCn.jpg

imdointhis on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Calling gender swap on Dangerously Chloe.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    She doesn't look anything like she did when she was first introduce in Eerie Cuties.

• Options
    FIDUSPAWN wrote: »
    She doesn't look anything like she did when she was first introduce in Eerie Cuties.

She's been in hell for some unspecifically incredibly long period of time due to time shenanigans.

• Options
    Oh and that would explain why she acting different as well.

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »

a gaze into the abyss which none return sane or insane from

From the first episode, I conclude its nothing like strike witches, which achunk of my soul.

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular

She went through Succubus puberty.

• Options
    imdointhisimdointhis I should actually stop doin' this. Registered User regular

JG5VwCn.jpg

• Options

Makes sense to me.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    you know what this thread needs? canadian engineering comics

wt_644_SkillzRequired_2.jpg

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    So, webcomicmanga thread -- I'm reading One Piece and while it's lots'o'fun, it is just exhausting trying to keep up with what's going on in the fight scenes, and there are a lot of them in there..

I'm ~100 issues in so far -- does it get any easier to read with time, or do I just have to learn how to visually parse it? It doesn't help that he already draws things in a pretty extreme way, on top of the usual jumpiness of manga fights..

• Options
    AdvocateAdvocate Registered User regular
    013.jpg

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    You have a very strange definition of "need".

• Options
    The art definitely improves as One Piece goes on - not that it's bad to begin with of course, the style just evolves a lot. I've never had trouble following the fights though so I can't really say whether it'll help.

• Options
    Is she the artist that does Busty Girl Problems?

This discussion has been closed.