As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pinny Arcade - Pinny Pal Community thread

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Acquisitions Incorporated pin set?

Why yes, I would love a Jim Darkmagic pin.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    El_FunkoEl_Funko Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Perth's 0600 on a Tuesday is still pretty rough, but it's better than 0300 or whatever it was last time for Hanna.

I wonder how much the 15th anniversary pin will cost seeing as it's huge and essentially 2 pins stuck together.

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I wish they did a later time than 5PM EST... that's literally the worst time for me to buy it at work :( (crunch time is 4:30-5:15). I'll make it work though.

• Options
    KamelonKamelon Canberra, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    SerpicoBC wrote: »
    An AI set?

Also, this is all exciting news!

If you're asking what AI stands for, it's Acquisitions Inc. Mike previously confirmed the set would be busts of the characters.

And I agree. It's exciting! And a very quick response. Thanks Pedro and Mike, as always.

Pinny Arcade Collection & Trades
    Heroic Coaching & Consulting - Personal Development & Coaching For Nerds

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6423-4833

"Every suggestion from the FAQ with a link? Kamelon. A truly Organised Pinthusiast." - PedroAsani
  • Options
    @PedroAsani Thanks, as always, for the FAQ. Very quick response too. Can you ask next time if the slightly new design Merch pin will be available at PAX like the current one? Cheers.

"Every suggestion from the FAQ with a link? Kamelon. A truly Organised Pinthusiast." - PedroAsani
  • Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    I know that a lot of people will be working or at school, but 2pm is the best time to ensure that nobody is going to be sleeping. It would have been better if the 18th fell on the Saturday, but we can't have everything. I can suggest that future Limited events are done on Saturdays, but that may be a non-starter given they are likely to want staff on hand if things go wrong.

As for the Acquisitions Inc Set, I am curious as to which characters we are going to see. Omin Dran, Jim Darkmagic and Binwin Bronzebottom for certain. Aeofel Ehlromane? Viari? The AI logo? Tipsy Special? Skull-face Chris Perkins?

• Options
    VaanroseVaanrose Pin Cushion SeattleRegistered User regular
    I really hope Aeofel and Viari are both in it, though I'd settle for just Aeofel. I'd love a Chris Perkins pin, if only because I consider him just as much a part of the team as the rest, but I'm not expecting one.

Twitter: @vaanrose

My PINS

Verbosity is my charm point.
  • Options
    Jake CappsJake Capps Patrick Space Force Base, FloridaRegistered User regular
    PedroAsani wrote: »
    I know that a lot of people will be working or at school, but 2pm is the best time to ensure that nobody is going to be sleeping.

I wouldn't say that's exactly true, and honestly there is no perfect time. When a vocal minority asked for change is wasn't for the whole group. It was for a change that benefitted them.

X4hAlPn.png

My Pinny Pal's Lanyard

"Players are artists who create their own reality within the game." - Shigeru Miyamoto
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    If you want the pin, you will make yourself available or get it somehow.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    Jake Capps wrote: »
    I know that a lot of people will be working or at school, but 2pm is the best time to ensure that nobody is going to be sleeping.

I wouldn't say that's exactly true, and honestly there is no perfect time. When a vocal minority asked for change is wasn't for the whole group. It was for a change that benefitted them.

Yes it was. Those on the west coast of Australia were having to be awake at 5am, and if they didn't exactly know the time of release, some were staying up all night and risking falling asleep before it went live. A compromise was found that made things better for them without making it even worse for others.

The only way I can think of to make it better for everyone is to have Limited Pins released on Saturdays. If you like I can suggest it, but I can't guarantee PA will go for it. I'll also suggest any other ideas you have that will make any aspect of this easier for people.

• Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Great FAQ update Pedro, very informative. Looks like the next few days will be very eventful for pin pals

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Christmas Set: Drunk Div in a Santa Hat? Please please? Also, thpoilerth, release dates, numbers, limited?

Mike: I'll be posting artwork for the Christmas pins tomorrow on the Pinny Arcade site.
    Pedro: And so I must wait. It is killing me.

You are going to literally explode, when you see the Christmas pins. Whether it is a ragesplosion or joysplosion remains to be seen. I'm crossing my fingers for that Drunk Santa Div too.

Kamelon on

• Options
    purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
    Jake Capps wrote: »

Yes it was. Those on the west coast of Australia were having to be awake at 5am, and if they didn't exactly know the time of release, some were staying up all night and risking falling asleep before it went live. A compromise was found that made things better for them without making it even worse for others.

The only way I can think of to make it better for everyone is to have Limited Pins released on Saturdays. If you like I can suggest it, but I can't guarantee PA will go for it. I'll also suggest any other ideas you have that will make any aspect of this easier for people.

There is no perfect time. If you drop a pin on a Saturday than you screw over people like me who have to kill to get a weekend day off. As long as they announce the day in advance it should be fairly easy to plan around it.

Really glad that the scrapper pins are at least on their radar. I knew it was foolish to announce any actual plans, but I am relieved hearing they have something. The idea of cheap counterfeits killing this before we really get it going sickened me.

• Options
    orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    Ok, I wouldn't mind it if the new Merch pin looked like the second panel from today's strip. That square design has appeal.

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • Options
    Midas244Midas244 Registered User regular
  • Options
    Jake CappsJake Capps Patrick Space Force Base, FloridaRegistered User regular

Well I got bumped back to 11PM...so my situation was made worse as I report to work at 0530. But whatever. @redfield85 is right. If I want it I will do what I feel is necessary to get it. I vote for a random, unannounced time...just like PAX tickets.

I do not need you to send and email or tweet on my behalf. I can contact Mike, and Jerry myself if I ever feel the need to.

X4hAlPn.png

My Pinny Pal's Lanyard

"Players are artists who create their own reality within the game." - Shigeru Miyamoto
  • Options
    Midas244 wrote: »

Not just duplicates, did you see some of the Pin counts? 27 Pigglesworth.

I honestly don't know where people get these valuations from. Nine grand is insanity.

• Options
    darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    Midas244 wrote: »

Not just duplicates, did you see some of the Pin counts? 27 Pigglesworth.

I honestly don't know where people get these valuations from. Nine grand is insanity.
    This makes me sick.

My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
  • Options
    While the price is insane, if they want to sell their whole collection, go ahead. Sometimes people have to stop with a hobby for more important things.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    AxonAxon Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    The pins are pretty expensive when you get down to it, but $9,000 is nuts. Gabe has a bag full of every pin at each con so far. Sometimes he runs out of this or that, but you can always get the pins you dont have if you get to PAX.

Axon on
  • Options
    VersuserikVersuserik (E) Versuserik Maui HawaiiRegistered User regular
    This poses an interesting question. What is a collection this size worth? I know the obvious answer is whatever the market will bear- What do you peeps think it's worth?

PAX PRIME 2015 Status:
    [♦ ] 4 Day Passes
    [♦ ] Hotel
    [ ] Plane Tickets
    [♦]Working my ass off to pay for all this shit.
  • Options
    I wouldn't pay a nickel for a full collection. Gamers are notoriously cheap on the used market. I feel like you'd be lucky to clear a grand.

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Axon wrote: »
    I wouldn't pay a nickel for a full collection. Gamers are notoriously cheap on the used market. I feel like you'd be lucky to clear a grand.

It has a DLC pin included, that alone has been worth over $1k by itself to some people.

$9K is absolutely insane though

• Options
    The seller removed it from Ebay.

PAX PRIME 2015 Status:
    [♦ ] 4 Day Passes
    [♦ ] Hotel
    [ ] Plane Tickets
  • Options

It has a DLC pin included, that alone has been worth over $1k by itself to some people.

$9K is absolutely insane though

Indeed. There are some who would pay it, but I would not. You can get all these pins at any PAX event, you just need a little patience and determination. DLC is another thing, but I think its cray to pay $1,000.

• Options
    00Fayt0000Fayt00 Registered User regular

Indeed. There are some who would pay it, but I would not. You can get all these pins at any PAX event, you just need a little patience and determination. DLC is another thing, but I think its cray to pay $1,000.

I don't think this is necessarily true. I mean the Cost for the DLC is obviously your opinion, which we all have our own. Other then that though I doubt that very few people will be trading any 2013 East or Aus pins at East 2014 FOR East 2014 pins. The value is simply higher for the older sets... I know I wouldn't.

I will give that a lot of these people will be trading at the PAX events though, but certainly not all(and not easily if so).

• Options
    edited November 2013
    00Fayt00 wrote: »

I don't think this is necessarily true. I mean the Cost for the DLC is obviously your opinion, which we all have our own. Other then that though I doubt that very few people will be trading any 2013 East or Aus pins at East 2014 FOR East 2014 pins. The value is simply higher for the older sets... I know I wouldn't.

I will give that a lot of these people will be trading at the PAX events though, but certainly not all(and not easily if so).

Of course DLC price is simply an opinion. I have the money to waste a grand on a pin, but I would never ever do that. Its just silly to me. Who knows what these will ultimately be worth? Now, if someone offered it to me for $200.... :P

You are correct that regular people do not offer any good pins at the show - they offer you the same crap everyone else at the show has for hotness, just like everyone does here. Thus, you should approach PA staff. They are loaded with the good stuff. Mike especially. Every good pin I have comes from PA staff.

That said, we have not yet seen the PAX East 2014 pins. I anticipate they will be the same pins save the 2013 east logo.

Axon on
  • Options
    Versuserik wrote: »
    This poses an interesting question. What is a collection this size worth? I know the obvious answer is whatever the market will bear- What do you peeps think it's worth?

Well, let's see. The guy has an East set and three Aus sets in the pack. Aus sets have actually sold on eBay for $500 each. Not just listed at, mind you, sold, and East fetches around $250 every time it's posted. The market has shown what those are worth, so that's the first $1750.

The DLC pin has never made it on to eBay, so it remains to be seen how much it would sell for, but there was the guy that got offered $1000 at Pax, so we'll just call it that. We're up to $2750 now.

Hanna's selling point varies, I've seen it go for as low as $45 and as high as $115. The average seems about $60, so multiplied by six and you've got $360. Add that to the running total: $3110

It looks like he's got three complete base sets (plus a couple singles). Those are only worth face value, though it's arguable the 2012 minting is worth a bit more due to scarcity. Another $90. Four complete Lookouts sets adds another $140. Two T&C sets for $60, and three Halloween sets for $90. Last I checked Chainsawsuit is still available online, so face value pegs his 27(!) at $270. Pigglesworth is sold out, and it's one of the harder pins to gauge, since most sold auctions happened before it went up online. But he's got 27 of them, so at least $270. Running total: $4030

Now it gets trickier, as pretty much every con exclusive pin varies wildly in price, sometimes selling for $10, sometimes pushing $70, or even over $100 for Aus Chandra. Certain pins seem to go for less, Second Son, Elspeth, others seem to go for more, CTS and ZT, logo pin. In the interest of simplicity, I'm just going to say $30 each seems to be about average for every con pin, except the Chandras, which go for a bit more. He's got a lot of these, though, so they add up. By my count that's $1490, running total $5520

Last we've got his Prime core sets and Merch pins. The most recent Prime core auctions are fetching around $65. Merch varies wildly, to the point where I'm not even comfortable attaching a price, but $30 seems to be the going rate, outliers excluded. 2 Prime sets plus 3 merch pins, adds another $220 to the pot.

So, all told, based only on selling points of the pins included, that brings the net value of the whole lot to $5740. You have to consider the fact that having them all in one place adds some value to the sale, so I'd be comfortable listing an auction like this for $6000.

THAT said, I honestly can't see any one person paying that much. It's a much better idea to break the lot up into smaller lots, imo. (If you're reading this, ggorilla_psu, you're welcome.)

TL;DR - The pins are worth $6000.

My PINS

• Options
    Manic2kManic2k Brotherhood of the Squirrel [AUS]Registered User regular
    There is definitely something to the pins having value though, thats what makes collectible.

Hmm maybe the seller was inflating the price on purpose to take the furure price increase into account or maybe it was just a bluff. Also DLC is tricky to value cause it's never been put up for trade or sale before. I got the same value Vaanrose :p

Pinny arcade - Pin Pals community page: www.facebook.com/pinnypals
    Community Pinny Arcade Trading web site: http://www.pinnypals.com
    Pinny Arcade - Pin Pals twitter: @PA_PinPals
    SubReddit:http://www.reddit.com/r/pinnypals
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/pinnypals
  • Options
    Goblin ScrewdriverGoblin Screwdriver Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Oh god, just realized that all week I had the 15th anniversary and the sale date confused so until right just now, I thought the pin went on sale 3 min ago.

Been refreshing this thread for the past 10 min wondering why it wasn't more active.

PAX Prime attendee since 2006

Pointless signature checklist [x]
  • Options
    adambargadambarg Forward the Pinglorious Basterds!Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    adambarg on
    ChMDm4Y.png
  • Options
    Christmas Tycho is the best pin ever.

My PINS

• Options
    adambarg wrote: »

I love the look on Tychos face.

• Options
    GLITTER!

PAX PRIME 2015 Status:
    [♦ ] 4 Day Passes
    [♦ ] Hotel
    [ ] Plane Tickets
  • Options

Haha, same! But the pressing question is: how do you feel about Div?

• Options
    Kamelon wrote: »

Haha, same! But the pressing question is: how do you feel about Div?

Whilst he isn't wearing a Santa Hat, the fact he is smiling and has wrapped himself like a present confirms that he is Drunk As Fuck.

• Options
    I'm now curious about the AI set. So many possibilities.

• Options
    Why not post the image?

Christmas2013_promo.jpg

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Would have been fitting to have Tycho pose as the grinch with evil smile.

Looks great, cant wait to see the AI set.

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    I'm not too crazy about them, but I'll get them anyway of course.

This discussion has been closed.