As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

CF Phalla Signup List

• ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    Thanks Saber. I mean, I don't mind only getting 30 or something, but I think there's at least 40 active players. I'm wondering because it looks like things have been slowing down significantly these days.

• Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Phalla All-Stars are my favourite games.

Mostly because I am extremely vain and I love to see what people interpret my style and abilities as.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    They were slightly different. Ebum's game was based on players, while saber's game was based on characters\roles.

..and now i want to try a see what kind of trainwreck a mechanics all-star game would be.

you get an athan! and you get an athan! everybody gets an athan!

liEt3nH.png
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    someone explain allstars to me

• InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Hullis wrote: »

all-stars phallas are phallas that take aspects from previous phallas. The original all-stars phalla was structured where every role that is given out is actually another phalla player. More recently, Saber did an all-star phalla where the roles are characters taken from previous phallas. The big picture is that the best things from a lot of previous phallas are integrated into the phalla.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina

One of the first ones that ran, every role given out was that of a player and it incorporated what the hosts saw in you as a player. For example, if you're always dying day 1, you might get a village idiot type role. If you always stir the pot in the thread, you may have powers based upon doing just that. If people think you've got a keen eye for picking out mafia, you might be something akin to a seer, etc.

I don't know almost any of the current players, so I can't really give out roles based upon those folks, but I can take roles and such from previous games and mash them into one.

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    that sounds pretty cool

• MillMill Registered User regular
    They were slightly different. Ebum's game was based on players, while saber's game was based on characters\roles.

..and now i want to try a see what kind of trainwreck a mechanics all-star game would be.

you get an athan! and you get an athan! everybody gets an athan!

Don't forget to have plenty of busdrives. :P

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Ardor wrote: »

One of the first ones that ran, every role given out was that of a player and it incorporated what the hosts saw in you as a player. For example, if you're always dying day 1, you might get a village idiot type role. If you always stir the pot in the thread, you may have powers based upon doing just that. If people think you've got a keen eye for picking out mafia, you might be something akin to a seer, etc.

I don't know almost any of the current players, so I can't really give out roles based upon those folks, but I can take roles and such from previous games and mash them into one.

ahava and I did about 80% current players, 20% old school (including you, I think? I forget).

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • InvictusInvictus Registered User regular

I dunno about too much of what I've done as host, but I feel like I at least make games with memorable mechanics.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Invictus wrote: »

I dunno about too much of what I've done as host, but I feel like I at least make games with memorable mechanics.

liEt3nH.png
    I think what I might do, is plan to run a game fairly soon here without attaching player names to roles. After that game finishes up, and if folks don't think it was a poor use of their time, I might create another game based upon what I read in the thread, connected to the folks who played, so I can create roles based upon the players themselves for another game a little later, which is more an all stars phalla or whatnot.

• Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Ok, yeah, I think im going to try and put together a game that revisits the more popular mechanics over the past year. If you had a particularly favorite mechanic you would like to see, please let me know. Also i might need a cohost, maybe plan to run in a month so i have enough time to work on it.

Edit: Invictus has offered his assistance!

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Immortal neutral cop-prince Langly

steam_sig.png
  • GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Ooo can it fit into the cat magic theme ?!?

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
    Gizzy wrote: »
    Ooo can it fit into the cat magic theme ?!?

If you run a game with cat magic in it, it is up for an appearance. (Is this about magic involving\summoning cats or cats who are also magicians?)

Steam
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Ok, yeah, I think im going to try and put together a game that revisits the more popular mechanics over the past year. If you had a particularly favorite mechanic you would like to see, please let me know. Also i might need a cohost, maybe plan to run in a month so i have enough time to work on it.

I'd really like to see another pass at post powers. Also, as I'm sure @ObiFett will agree, you can never have too many Divining Rods.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Auralynx wrote: »

I'd really like to see another pass at post powers. Also, as I'm sure @ObiFett will agree, you can never have too many Divining Rods.

It never fails to amaze me how no one notices them in @thetheroo games

steam_sig.png
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Immortal neutral cop-prince Langly
    Sometimes there needs to be a disagree button.

Because anything with "Langly" as a mechanic is way overpowered.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Auralynx wrote: »

:s

I had forgotten all about those!

Are there any minis in the queue right now? I would like to run a game sometime in the next week or so.

I have finalized the next set of games I am running. I'm calling it the Indie-Series.

The Indie-Series is gonna be a much more simplified set of games for me. I am going to take one mechanic/game concept and revolve an entire game around it. Like the ENTIRE game will revolve around that concept/mechanic and only that concept/mechanic. Normal role distribution and standard village/mafia type game.

Planned Games (Mechanic/Concept)

Hot Potato (busdrivers)
    Executioners (voting record)
    Words with Friends [working title] (post powers)
    Untitled (village network)
    Untitled (analysis)

ObiFett on
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    The correct title for a post powers game is probably "Words with Friends."

kshu0oba7xnr.png

...Are there any running games at all? Baidol's SE one ended, right?

steam_sig.png
    edited November 2013
    Spoit wrote: »
    ...Are there any running games at all? Baidol's SE one ended, right?

Right, nothing is running at all.

Is there a queue? @Bandwagon who is next to run a game? Can I start up a mini?

ObiFett on
  • BandwagonBandwagon Registered User regular
    I don't have anyone who's claimed ready to run a game. If you've got one ready, then I can probably just give you the go-ahead.

Signups for

Banner_zpsaf0ee999.png

Will go up tomorrow

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    This lack of games has put me into withdrawal. Now you've made me come up with an idea in the last 30 seconds. I hope you are all proud of yourselves.

Can someone who doesn't want to play in a mini send me a PM just so that I can make sure the idea is not crazy?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    edited November 2013
    Putting up ObiPhallas right now makes me sad. I don't think I can play in any.

enlightenedbum on
  • MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    !sign

• MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    If the busdriver game doesn't involve every single player having a two-way busdriver I'm going to be very disappointed.

• CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    I wouldn't want to have to decrypt THAT spreadsheet :|

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
    Cythraul wrote: »

If I had made my thing a Phalla (the international cabal of taxi drivers as the mafia), I may have just legitimately gone insane.

Cythraul wrote: »

If you set up an arbitrary order of operations, it wouldn't be too bad....and as long as the busdriver just effected the targets, rather than the targeting?

steam_sig.png
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    If the busdriver game doesn't involve every single player having a two-way busdriver I'm going to be very disappointed.

Imagine if everyone's ability was to simply select one other player and you bus driver yourself with them. So you better chose wisely!

• MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular

Imagine if everyone's ability was to simply select one other player and you bus driver yourself with them. So you better chose wisely!

But selecting two people makes everything more chaotic and fun!

Watch as Kime is busdriven with every other player.

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    RE: busdrivers, I still have this image in my dropbox.

Busdrivecirclejerk.jpg

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
    edited November 2013
    Megafrost wrote: »

But selecting two people makes everything more chaotic and fun!

Watch as Kime is busdriven with every other player.

The rule of maximum chaos should apply in this game. Vig kime, everyone dies.

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular

I don't think you were ever around for any of my TUBES OF ACID irc games right? :)

OrokosPA.png
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Phalla All-Stars are my favourite games.

Mostly because I am extremely vain and I love to see what people interpret my style and abilities as.

Those games always portray me as some drunkard who doesn't care for spelling, slander of the highest order!

I do care for spelling! Sometimes

Alegis on
    Infidel wrote: »

I don't think you were ever around for any of my TUBES OF ACID irc games right? :)

I was not, what madness did I [potentially] miss?