As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Brevity. All the cool [Chat] kids are doing it

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    suilimeA wrote: »
    I'm not sure what the laws in your state are, but I'm pretty sure in CA the 3-year buffer only applies to kids under 18 (which is pretty retarded, because why should it be ok for a 17-year-old to have sex with a 14-year-old, but not an 18-year-old?). But sure, there's very little chance you'll actually get in trouble for it
    Yeah. Just, really, not at all a deterrent even in the slightest. At all. And I'm in CA. But I think the three-year buffer extends past 18, anyway.
    The "three year buffer" does not make it legal; it just makes it less of a crime.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Al_wat wrote: »
    If its any consolation, you sound about right for a 17 year old.

yes, like every 17 year old,

a bloo a bloo

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    sdrawkcaB emaNsdrawkcaB emaN regular
    edited September 2007
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Yeah, rejection isn't fun but it's no big deal. It's nothing that more rejection won't cure.

I know. I am going on ten consecutive rejections at the moment. I don't mind getting rejected. Not a big deal.

My problems involve (1) interpreting signals/body language (2) reading people in an environment that is not a date (3) making any kind of phsyical move.

Also, I don't want to taint a potential friendship/debate partnership with awkwardness thanks to my unwanted advances. That would be lame as hell.
    So your problem is that you have Aspergers and you're a huge pussy? Gotcha.

That is a very concise and accurate way to sum up my problems, yes.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Oboro wrote: »
    I hear them playing beer pong in the room next to me. It's 12:45AM. They did this on Tuesday night too. They are my suitemates.

Do I a) file a noise complaint because I need to go to bed soon and last time they did this until 2:30AM, b) knock on the suite door and ask to hang out, or c) ignore them and continue playing Fire Emblem?

(d)

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »
    I think it's relevant to point out that ege02 has a very warped sense of reality. I mean I defend him when it's NOT relevant, but come on. How the fuck do you also not know that "Arab" is an ethnicity.
    He's from Turkey. Probably they slice "Arab" much thinner over there.

edit: or, you know, Arabs.

Did you ignore my PM? :(

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Thinatos wrote: »
    I'm not sure what the laws in your state are, but I'm pretty sure in CA the 3-year buffer only applies to kids under 18 (which is pretty retarded, because why should it be ok for a 17-year-old to have sex with a 14-year-old, but not an 18-year-old?). But sure, there's very little chance you'll actually get in trouble for it
    Yeah. Just, really, not at all a deterrent even in the slightest. At all. And I'm in CA. But I think the three-year buffer extends past 18, anyway.
    The "three year buffer" does not make it legal; it just makes it less of a crime.

Yeah, I'm 100% positive that my parents would not press charges and neither would I, so I really don't see the problem. I mean, my dad has all but flat-out told me to go get laid.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I've been more inclined to defend ege lately, I think the quality of his posts have gotten better and he seems like less of a tard.

But yeah, every now and then he says something completely retarded.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Man not the :3 again. Your explanation was fucking useless, TFS. And google gave me nothing.

Irond....did...did you ignore me last night? I explained the :3 face like 3 posts after you asked.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Oboro wrote: »
    I hear them playing beer pong in the room next to me. It's 12:45AM. They did this on Tuesday night too. They are my suitemates.

Do I a) file a noise complaint because I need to go to bed soon and last time they did this until 2:30AM, b) knock on the suite door and ask to hang out, or c) ignore them and continue playing Fire Emblem?

Do you have noise-cancelling headphones you can put on? Or ear-plugs? Or a friend in a room farther away where you can sleep?

P.S. Beer-pong is the most retarded, sophomoric pastime ever.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited September 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    If its any consolation, you sound about right for a 17 year old.

yes, like every 17 year old,

a bloo a bloo

Honestly I do wish I could fall for someone as socially inept/inexperienced as I am for once, but I always end up with these goddamn older girls who are just so much smarter and more experienced/sophistacted than I am.

ARGLE BARGLE/Abloo bloo bloo.

I'm letting you use your meme of choice here. I'm just that kind of guy.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Yeah, rejection isn't fun but it's no big deal. It's nothing that more rejection won't cure.

I know. I am going on ten consecutive rejections at the moment. I don't mind getting rejected. Not a big deal.

My problems involve (1) interpreting signals/body language (2) reading people in an environment that is not a date (3) making any kind of phsyical move.

Also, I don't want to taint a potential friendship/debate partnership with awkwardness thanks to my unwanted advances. That would be lame as hell.

Don't sweat it. Some people communicate through body language, others through spoken word. Seeing as this chick is on your debate team, she's likely to be the latter kind.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I despise both beer pong and flip cup.

Although I'm a fan of card-based drinking games.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Ege is our very own Huck Finn.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

You mean like Asshole aka Capitalism aka Daihimin?

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    Wait, there's drinking involved?

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

Bunnies

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Don't sweat it. Some people communicate through body language, others through spoken word. Seeing as this chick is on your debate team, she's likely to be the latter kind.

Yeah. Irene has persuaded me to stop obsessing and just go and have a good time. If she expresses interest explicitly, I will not decline, to be sure, but I highly doubt that such a thing would happen. I'll probably just continue with the whole friend thing, and maybe ask her out sometime in the near future to go get food/see a movie or something similarly low-pressure and fun.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Senjutsu wrote: »

Bunnies
    Are overrated.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    SamiSami Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

Have you ever played Silent Ball? That's a drinking game that suits the people who post here perfectly.

Sami on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I seriously think I might have some Aspergers going on, though. I scored like a 39 on that AQ test, which is techincally in the autism spectrum. D:

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited September 2007
    I'm going 45% on ege not actually not knowing that 'Arab' is an ethnicity, 55% on him being a 'persecution' seeking attention whore.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007

You mean like Asshole aka Capitalism aka Daihimin?

Uhm...

My favourite game would have to be Circle of Death, Northern Ontario rules.

Its hard to make it through even one game of that. Seriously towards the end its like "alright... and now you have to chug two beers. SUCKER"

Al_wat on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Yeah. Irene has persuaded me to stop obsessing and just go and have a good time. If she expresses interest explicitly, I will not decline, to be sure, but I highly doubt that such a thing would happen. I'll probably just continue with the whole friend thing, and maybe ask her out sometime in the near future to go get food/see a movie or something similarly low-pressure and fun.
    Attaboy.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Sami wrote: »

Have you ever played Silent Ball? That's a drinking game that suits the people who post here perfectly.

Can't say that I have. Care to elaborate?

edit: 't

Al_wat on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Bunnies

Huh? o.0

P.S. Are you Hugh Laurie? I might be willing to have unprotected sex with you if you're really Hugh Laurie.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I seriously think I might have some Aspergers going on, though. I scored like a 39 on that AQ test, which is techincally in the autism spectrum. D:

I used to think I had that. Then I chilled the fuck out and realized that If I did, it was on a minor scale.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited September 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Man not the :3 again. Your explanation was fucking useless, TFS. And google gave me nothing.

Irond....did...did you ignore me last night? I explained the :3 face like 3 posts after you asked.

No I read your post and responded but then TFS was all "no it's so much more you don't even know"

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Attaboy.

Now you go socialize with the people you live with. :P

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Jesus Christ, guys, like you've never all of a sudden come to a realization about something retardedly obvious?

It took me, like, four years to figure out "Rankenphile's" name. I had enough economics courses to nearly minor in it (nearly major if you count courses that were cross-listed) and I thought Milton Friedman had died in the 80s. It's stupid shit, we all do it, so why the fuck do you jump all over ege for it?

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

I used to think I had that. Then I chilled the fuck out and realized that If I did, it was on a minor scale.

Yeah. I'd care more if there were actually a pill I could take to fix it. Otherwise really a diagnosis would not affect me whatsoever.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Bunnies

Huh? o.0

http://www.tikibartv.com/tikibar_display.php?pver=qh&vid=29
    P.S. Are you Hugh Laurie? I might be willing to have unprotected sex with you if you're really Hugh Laurie.
    Yes, and are you hot or not

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited September 2007
    I think it's relevant to point out that ege02 has a very warped sense of reality. I mean I defend him when it's NOT relevant, but come on. How the fuck do you also not know that "Arab" is an ethnicity.
    He's from Turkey. Probably they slice "Arab" much thinner over there.

edit: or, you know, Arabs.

Did you ignore my PM? :(

Oh fuck I opened it and clicked a tab on your site but then had to shut down my computer and leave the office. I liked your other article and will look at your site tomorrow when I'm not all strung out on NyQuil

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Attaboy.

Now you go socialize with the people you live with. :P
    Pretty sure the party's died by now. I might squeeze in some Mightnight Pool tonight, though.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Jesus Christ, guys, like you've never all of a sudden come to a realization about something retardedly obvious?

It took me, like, four years to figure out "Rankenphile's" name. I had enough economics courses to nearly minor in it (nearly major if you count courses that were cross-listed) and I thought Milton Friedman had died in the 80s. It's stupid shit, we all do it, so why the fuck do you jump all over ege for it?

Like I said, lately I'm more inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt as his post quality has improved dramatically.

But then you probably weren't talking to me either.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007

(1) This is a learned skill, just as much as algebra or driving stick, and once you develop it, it'll come just as naturally.

(2) Get a wingman. Get a wingman. GET A WINGMAN.

(3) Pussy.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    SamiSami Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Sami wrote: »

Can't say that I have. Care to elaborate?

edit: 't

The rules are awesome complex and violators must suffer the penalties/whims of whoever the president is. This usually involves drinking, stunts, nudity, or a combination of the three.

It also goes by Silent Football

Sami on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

It took me until re-reading Book 6 to figure out that Diagon Alley was a play on "diagonally." The books seemed so much more retarded after that realization.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    James wrote: »
    Gim stop me before I go so crazy!

Too late! We're all dead!

axehomerxr4.jpg

Gim on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Most of us are smart enough to not seek attention for that shit, though

Senjutsu on
This discussion has been closed.