As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's a FUCK YEAH Friday!

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    I got my first paycheck for this job!

I now have more the $7.45 in my bank account!

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    While I don't get a long weekend - our bank determined we'd overpaid our car loan and refunded us a month and we don't have to pay this month, plus my paycheck this week was 20% bigger than normal thanks to working Columbus Day and some overtime, and to top it off my Madden Settlement Check arrived last night. Fuck Yeah Friday!

• Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    My boss decided to cut work early today. Less money for me but woo friday afternoon off. I bought a bottle of Bulleit Bourbon and will enjoy some while I read some more "Storm of Steel"

Later tonight I am going to try to get a door ticket to this 150 person LAN game bonanza and play videogames with nerds

edit: also going to battle the earthnerds to try to get a free copy of Battlefield 4 from futureshop

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    So, back when I was young and stupid (about two-four years ago), I was stupid and squandered some of my GI Bill on things notSchool, and I've had to pay them back after it went to collections because I never talked to them beforehand about a repayment plan.

Well I was curious and called them today since I missed last month's payment and so paid double this month. Apparently it's now at $0 balance. Need confirmation at the end of the month when they send the statement but now that's one debt cleared.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Panic ButtonPanic Button Robo-cannibal Registered User regular
    I'm on track to do nearly an entire two-man programming project in a day. I feel like I can walk on water.

Drawings and short stories: sketchatron.tumblr.com
  • Options
    WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    It's my son's birthday and me and the wife are setting up a "mini-PAX" for him and his friends at his sleepover tonight: PC Freeplay (our two gaming computers), Console Freeplay, tabletop area, maybe some MC Frontalot playing the background.

Just found out that Sunday morning/early afternoon I get to kick back and watch some scenery go by in a Cessna Sovereign business jet. Selfies will be forthcoming.

EDIT: I'll have to check to see if I can give out the tail number so y'all can track me on FlightAware.

WuShock on
    Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Man I suck at telling stories, so I hope I do this justice, because it made a long awful night suddenly awesome.

A Customer came in with his daughters, 10-13ish, just full out hellspawn mode, climbing him, "daddy can we have that, daddy can we have this," etc

Finally get his order together, he pays with debit, I look back over and he's just staring at the debit machine, our machine sucks at letting you know when you can remove your card.

So I look over to him and just say " Yep, you can pull it out now"

Without missing a beat, he looks at me, looks back at his kids, looks directly in my eyes and says

" You know, you could have told me that 13 years ago"

Me and the other guy inside, completely lost it, we were caught way too off guard by it, it was great.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    WuShock wrote: »
    It's my son's birthday and me and the wife are setting up a "mini-PAX" for him and his friends at his sleepover tonight: PC Freeplay (our two gaming computers), Console Freeplay, tabletop area, maybe some MC Frontalot playing the background.

Just found out that Sunday morning/early afternoon I get to kick back and watch some scenery go by in a Cessna Sovereign business jet. Selfies will be forthcoming.

EDIT: I'll have to check to see if I can give out the tail number so y'all can track me on FlightAware.

Where does the binge drinking come in?

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    I might have just found something I could do for a career. I'm considering a Maritime Engineer Degree or pursuing a Nautical Officer Degree

I need to talk to some people, but it's good to have some direction after 2 years of being out of University with a fun and cool, but ultimately difficult to utilise degree (Industrial Design)

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    WuShock wrote: »

If you stop by Lansing I can fuel it for ya

Edit: You can give out a tail number. Worst case scenario they have it blocked from flight trackers and if we tried to follow it on Flight Aware it would give us the Nedry treatment

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    exist wrote: »

Where does the binge drinking come in?

Since it's technically work, it doesn't. :(
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

If you stop by Lansing I can fuel it for ya

Edit: You can give out a tail number. Worst case scenario they have it blocked from flight trackers and if we tried to follow it on Flight Aware it would give us the Nedry treatment

I won't know where we're going until we brief tomorrow morning, I know we'll have wi-fi on the airplane, and I don't think we ever block our stuff from FlightAware, so I just need to make sure that dropping the tail number here is kosher with our Flight Test group.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    Well it looks like this weekend in general is going to be filled with crazy.

Tonight's fun!

I missed the event itself, arrived shortly after from a delivery. This little old lady ( who was apparently pretty hammered too), came in got her pizza, and then did THIS as she left...
    Oldladyhitthepole_zpsf3735427.jpg

And just took off right after doing it!

Now, I'll give you some tips, if you are going to do a Hit and Run, MAYBE,... just maybe,.. don't do it right outside the place you just picked up an order that you gave us your phone number and home address in order to call in that order.

Then, in a bonus bit of stupidity, SHE PHONES US, tries to say her pizza was burnt and she wants 2 more FOR FREE ( this is middle of dinner rush, pizza's are going through the oven so fast there is no way one got burnt, if she said undercooked she may have had a case)

So I told her "Sure, you just sit tight, and we will send something right over for you"

I sent the cops. Enjoy

• Options
    I'm doing this at 41,000 ft.

N682SS

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Terre Haute-PAX?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Apparently I drew the boring flight with lots and LOTS of chop. It's made it challenging to play Kerbal Space Program.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular

Tonight's fun!

I missed the event itself, arrived shortly after from a delivery. This little old lady ( who was apparently pretty hammered too), came in got her pizza, and then did THIS as she left...

Now, I'll give you some tips, if you are going to do a Hit and Run, MAYBE,... just maybe,.. don't do it right outside the place you just picked up an order that you gave us your phone number and home address in order to call in that order.

Then, in a bonus bit of stupidity, SHE PHONES US, tries to say her pizza was burnt and she wants 2 more FOR FREE ( this is middle of dinner rush, pizza's are going through the oven so fast there is no way one got burnt, if she said undercooked she may have had a case)

So I told her "Sure, you just sit tight, and we will send something right over for you"

I sent the cops. Enjoy

OK I seriously can't be the only one who's wondering how she hopped the parking barricade with enough momentum going to do that. Was she in a hummer or what

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    Maybe those columns are made of balsa wood

• Options
    cabsy wrote: »

Tonight's fun!

I sent the cops. Enjoy

OK I seriously can't be the only one who's wondering how she hopped the parking barricade with enough momentum going to do that. Was she in a hummer or what

Ya this was the thought all of us had, even the cop, it was just a little 2 door shitbox too, I have a 4 door sedan and I don't think I could have done that on purpose with a run at it from across the lot

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Definitely thought that that was vomit all over an angled pillar.

• Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    A plaster or similar facade on the column maybe?

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    It was my birthday yesterday!

I turned 30!

My family sent me the money to buy a new, 32gig ipod touch!
    xl_Apple_iPod_Touch_5th_Gen_of.jpg

My girlfriend bought me a new pair of roller skate boots!
    bont-avenger-flatout-black.jpg

Larlar bought me a whistle!
    fox%2040%20classic-500x500.jpg

We had ice cream cake!
    1454809_664859143558603_1953543587_n.jpg

FUCK YEAH

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    I love that cake

• Options
    Biscuits and GravyBiscuits and Gravy Marchwarden of Beardlorien Registered User regular
    Ahhhhhh!!! I got a call from a place wanting to interview me! I am so excited/terrified!

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Sassori wrote: »
    I love that cake

I love that big X

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    i just told the author of more than meets the eye about two transformers he's never heard of

i am on cloud fucking nine

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    @#pipe yesterday was the day that the oxford dictionary declared, 'selfie' as the best new word 2013 too! What a day! (Happy birthday you handsome bastard)

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Any country that doesn't provide access to ice cream cakes should be listed as part of the third world. That shit is magical.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Larlar wrote: »
    Any country that doesn't provide access to ice cream cakes should be listed as part of the third world. That shit is magical.

what first world country do you imagine that doesn't have ice cream cake

• Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Australia, apparently.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Ice cream cake is terrible.

• Options
    pffft there's no such thing as australia

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    I can get cake with ice cream, that's basically the same thing, right?

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    Ice cream cake is terrible.

What is wrong with you

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    I don't even know what ice cream cake is...
    Is it ice cream shaped like cake? Ice cream with a cake base? Ice cream piping on a regular cake?
    Mysteries abound.

• Options
    I don't even know what ice cream cake is...
    Is it ice cream shaped like cake? Ice cream with a cake base? Ice cream piping on a regular cake?
    Mysteries abound.

cake

filled with ice cream

then frozen

it's not complicated

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    So it has frosting or icing around the ice cream or something? What makes it a cake exactly

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Hermano wrote: »
    So it has frosting or icing around the ice cream or something? What makes it a cake exactly

....the fact that it's made of cake

what is confusing you about this

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    A cheesecake named desire from coldstone creamery is the crowning achievement in cakes

Also ice cream cake in general is far superior to cake

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    Cupcakes are awful but I know I am alone in this

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Larlar wrote: »
    Australia, apparently.

Wut

Ice cream cake is an Australian institution

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke