As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PlayStation] - This week: Strider and the Japanese PS4 launch

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I love Contrast

• AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    What's your PSN ID Raijin? Also, kill zone is effen gorgeous. Minus the absolute syfy level of shit dialogue, game is fun to play. The owl is a nice addition, nice that going down in a fight isn't an immediate game over.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Raijinq

I'm going to pick up Killzone soon and I think I'll get rid of my Xbox version of madden and get it for PS4 so I can play it on my vita

• HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    Granted, I then went out and bought a new battery for my favourite controller and a brand new controller for my sister which negated the need for the cables, but hey, now I have 10 USB -> microUSB and three USB -> miniUSB cables of varying lengths in the house!

but chris! It didn't say sony on it! I know a guy who soldered his own cable into an xbox controller

I mean, I guess it isn't illegal but you can't trust it all the way right?

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I am still undecided what I want to buy.

On one hand, the Playstation can install the game while you play it and you get to put in the disc, and play the fucking game.

On the otherhand, the Xbox now has QR codes that you can just show your kinect so you don't need to enter shitty one time use codes and play the fucking game

And also Titanfall.

But I'm not that attached to any real exclusives I don't think.

I'll probably wait for a price drop though.

• ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    My PSN ID is Scudopants, because both Scudo and my XBL name, Scud0, we're taken :(

at least it's the same as my Steam ID

• GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    I'll probably be waiting until I have enough money and there's some bundle with Destiny when it launches

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Yeah I guess Destiny is the first game I'm really interested in? That and Watch_Dogs I guess

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    My psn name is mushpie

Because Sony has decided that I am eternally doomed to a name that I picked out when I was 16

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    The local independent place doesn't stock new consoles for the first six weeks and the local Gamestop didn't have any at all. Hrm.
    Sears? Target? KMart even?

I'll see if the local Sears carries consoles. Does anyone know how long this "launch bonus" whatever stuff is going to be available?

• Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    What's the state of region free shit on next gen consoles?

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    all ps4 games are region free, not sure about xbox

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    The local independent place doesn't stock new consoles for the first six weeks and the local Gamestop didn't have any at all. Hrm.
    Sears? Target? KMart even?

I'll see if the local Sears carries consoles. Does anyone know how long this "launch bonus" whatever stuff is going to be available?

Every where is out of stock.

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    So I hear tell the PS4 controller is real nice and has longer handles so my pinkies won't get sore and will work with a PS3 if it's wired, are all of these facts true?

Also how much do they cost and are they as hard to find as I've heard that the actual PS4 is right now?

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
    the ps4 controller is one of the best ones i've ever used

it will work with the PS3, but the PS button won't work and I think maybe the motion sensor also won't work?

they are $60 and if my best buy is any indicator they are very easy to find

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I wonder what the Black Friday shipments will be like

I sure do want to get one of these

I am prepared to go stand in a Black Friday line for the first time ever at my local Gamestop

6F32U1X.png
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I thought you decided it wasn't worth it yet

edited November 2013
    I thought you decided it wasn't worth it yet

That was when I thought Assassin's Creed 4 and Battlefield 4 weren't going to be very good and then turns out they're both awesome, so there actually are games besides Watch Dogs I want to play in the launch window

I also hadn't used the controller, which I'm totally in love with

I tried Redboxing AC4 for PS3 and found myself really irritated with the framerate, so if I want to dedicate a bunch of time to it I'd want it to be the version that runs totally smoothly

So I figured I'd be getting one relatively soon anyway, how about I move it up to now since I actually know there are at least 2 games I'd put a ton of time into on it

Also new things are cool

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
    Remote play is wicked sharp

• QuestionMarkManQuestionMarkMan Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Battlefield 4 is awesome except for it not saving single player and conquest just straight not working.

QuestionMarkMan on
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Does anyone know how to access the download list?

I can't find it anywhere.

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    The download history? It's under notifications.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »

On one hand, the Playstation can install the game while you play it and you get to put in the disc, and play the fucking game.

On the otherhand, the Xbox now has QR codes that you can just show your kinect so you don't need to enter shitty one time use codes and play the fucking game

And also Titanfall.

My plan is to get a PS4 eventually. So if you want to be cool, probably get an XBOne.

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    So how loud is the system?

Damn near silent

• AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    Silent as I thought the fan in my was not working because thats how silent it is.

• AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »

And also Titanfall.

This plus new Uncharted~

I'll probably wind up with both because I'm a big dork

Yeah, I got a ps4 because I could trade in my ps3. I'm keeping my 360 so I'm waiting until probably February for my xbone

I have an old model PS3 from 2009 so they'll probably only give me like 70 bucks for it, tops

I wonder if they'll even let me get rid of it since I don't have the original cables, just an HDMI one I got myself

6F32U1X.png
    Best Buy was running a minimum 100 bucks for amy ps3. Can't remember if they still are.

Also, I'm creating players for Madden on my Vita while watching the Giants on tv.

The Future!

I completely forgot Best Buy does trade-ins, I was thinking about That Other Place

Maybe they'll actually give me cash

But it doesn't matter so much cause if Best Buy gets a new shipment in it'll be massive so it's actually easier to get one there

6F32U1X.png
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    No BC means I will never trade my PS3 or 360 away.

As I've said elsewhere, I've already rebought tons and tons of current-gen games on Steam for pennies, and the ones that aren't on Steam are games I've played like 3 or 4 times already

6F32U1X.png
  • BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    The only game I want to replay from this generation is Bayonetta and Bioshock Infinite. Hopefully I can replay those on the Xbone.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
    edited November 2013
    I've got a decent wad of console exclusive games I want to finish yet

Plus some favorites that I'd hate to lose

Mostly the MGS collection and ICO/SotC HD

Speed Racer on
    Only PS3 game in going to end up missing out on is Beyond Two Souls.

I'm sure I'll find a way to play it eventually.

Assassin's Creed Liberation HD and Final Fantasy X/X-2 are still upcoming PS3 games I need to play

After that though, the PS3 will likely hit the closet

• That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    I'm probably gonna buy a bigger/faster HD for my PS4!

PSN: ThatDaveFella
    uW9qDVW.jpg?1

System-level closed caption settings, including font size, color, opacity, edge effects, etc.

Really, really nice

I watch everything with subtitles as is, but there's the odd few DVDs in my collection that don't have English subtitles for some reason