As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Secret Satans 2013 - SE++ Edition

• GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Wishlist Post
    My interests are pretty broad, so I would hope I'm not that hard to gift at. I would be thrilled to get something you like. Handmade stuff would be great, too.
    Here is my Amazon (Germany) list. It's not very well fleshed out, I will try to fill it up some more.
    If you do buy something off German Amazon, please bear in mind that they do have English language versions of books/movies and I prefer those.

Some specifics:
    I like books and (web)comics. I don't own an eReader, so physical copies for me.
    My favorite book is Catch 22. I own everything else from Heller.
    I like Fantasy and SciFi, also history stuff. I own the full Tolkien, Pratchett, Adams, Gaiman. I have a special list with Phillip K. Dick books I don't own yet. It's here.
    Don't specifically like modern Crime novels, I do like older ones. (I own the full Sherlock Holmes, a lot of Hercule Poirot, not much of the American stuff like Chandler/Hammet)
    I enjoy David Sedaris, as seen on my Wishlist (I own the rest, I think)

As for Webcomics, I have BadMachinery#1, also the Nedroid books and Dinosour Comics d and e.
    In Comics I have Watchmen, Vendetta, the full Sandman, Moebius/Jodorowsky's Incal, Superman Red Son, Bone. I would love some good super hero comic recommendations.

Clothes: My T-Shirt size at Topatoco is S. Here in Germany it's sometimes M. White and bright colors don't suit my skin tone (I'm very white). As a rule, I don't wear blue clothing. I do have some "funny" shirts (My favorite shirt is PFSC's "oh no pigeons", I have it twice), I don't like too much text on them, though. I have a pretty big head, I think.

Gaming: I don't own any console. I have a PC. Here is my Steam Account.
    I still sometimes play Diablo3 and WoW. I play very much of Hearthstone atm.
    I played a ton of Civ4, Civ5 never really grabbed me (Got all the expansions). In the past I played a lot of real time and turn based strategy (old classics like Warcraft1&2 (actually never played 3), Dungeon Keeper, Age of Wonders, Age of Mythology etc.) I prefer turn based now. Also tactical games (Jagged Alliance 1&2, Fallout:Tactics).
    I played GTA 1,2,4, I do like open world games. I haven't played a non-MMO RPG in a long time (uh, last one might have been Neverwinter?)
    The last FPS I played was RTCW, I think. Don't really play sports games.
    I played Pokemon Red/Blue back in the day, also Mario Kart (I still play this like twice a year with a friend).
    I own an iPhone4s, no tablet. Maybe will buy an iPad in the future.

I have a BluRay player. I don't have many movies.

Board and other games: I played a ton of WoW TCG at some point. I own many board games, mainly Euro stuff. Pretty much everything in the Catan universe, Carcassone, too. Smallworld, Dominion, Ticket to Ride, Caylus. Some 2 player games. The Civ, Age of Wonders and WoW board games (spoiler: those 3 aren't that great). Some US style games could make a great gift. Also maybe "party games" (you know, Apples to Apples and the sort).

Food: I would love to get something from whereever you are. If you are American, then send me anything with peanut butter. We do have peanut butter here, but we don't have peanut butter things. Any of my friends/relatives who visits the US get's tasked with bringing me back a couple bags of peanut butter M&Ms.

If you send me something directly, please put on the outside of the box, the inside of the box and anywhere else you can think of that it is a gift. German customs office is stupid.

Also demographic data: I'm 32, male, married, we're expecting our first child, a boy, in the first week of May. So if you know something we should definitely have for him, that would also make a good gift.

Grobian on
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Have decided to spectate after all. Realised I will probably be moving soon and it will be hectic trying to get things delivered when I don't know where I'll be living.

Watching will be fun too though. I eagerly await seeing the fun and crazy and ridiculous things people get gifted.

• cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    smof wrote: »
    Have decided to spectate after all. Realised I will probably be moving soon and it will be hectic trying to get things delivered when I don't know where I'll be living.

Watching will be fun too though. I eagerly await seeing the fun and crazy and ridiculous things people get gifted.

But smof, I was going to get you this for Christmas:

31IAnvy5G3L.jpg

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Please tell me that is part of a series.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular

of COURSE it is, though they aren't all Freddie Mercury leather daddy mermen

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    cabsy wrote: »

My gay uncle and his partner actually have the set in their pool (swimming) room at their Rehobeth Beach house

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Hi Satan!
    I am a 28 year old single male living in Stockholm, Sweden. I like reading, cycling and playing boardgames. There is an amazon wishlist in my sig with some examples of things I like, but anything you send will be much appreciated.

I own a Kindle and prefer my books on that. I will read pretty much anything that is well written. Some things that aren't, too. I read mainly speculative fiction, science fiction and history/psychology non-fiction stuff. Gene Wolfe and China Mieville are some of my favorite authors.

As for boardgames I'm not sure how to describe what I like, so here's a list of the games I own: Terra Mystica, Archipelago, The Resistance, Mage Knight, Twilight Struggle, Tales of the Arabian Knights, Carcassone (big box), Ticket to Ride Nordic Edition, Risk 2210 AD, Netrunner. That might tell you something or nothing.

My apartment is in need of small decorative things to put on shelves and window sills. If you know some great things or like to make great things that would be fantastic. If there's some cool kitchen tool you know of that would be fun too.

I do not own a DVD/bluray player or any gaming consoles, just a PC that I rarely play anything on these days. I have no pets, but I do have a beard.

Food and candy and such is welcome, but since you are probably not in Sweden you might want to look up your country's export restrictions. As for import restrictions here most things are OK, baked goods are fine as far as I can tell. If you're in the EU anything goes.

Please do not send radioactive material, explosives, or raw meat. There are no restrictions on fish-filled olives.

If you're outside the EU please make sure to mark your package as gifts.

Flarne on
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Oh my gawwd these are incredible

I want to buy them for myself and for everyone

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular

I'm wondering which bit of this varies through the series

Are they all leather clad mermen, but based on different people?

Are they all Freddie Mercury mermen in different clothing options?

Are they all leather clad Freddy Mercury fantasy creatures?

I hope it's that last one. Leather clad Freddie Mercury minotaur. Leather clad Freddie Mercury wolfman. Leather clad Freddie Mercury ancient Egyptian mummy...

• UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Sending everyone fish filled olives now that you've cleared that up, Flarne

:^:

• FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Usagi wrote: »
    Sending everyone fish filled olives now that you've cleared that up, Flarne

:^:

Somewhere in Sweden is a brave fish-filled olive importer who took the fight to the authorities and won. They're a national treasure.

The importers. Not the olives. Please don't send fish-filled olives to anyone, ever.

Flarne on
    Nah man

Anchovy stuffed olives are bomb

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Nah man

Anchovy stuffed olives are bomb

That sounds awesome

• CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Satan post!
    To start things off, here's the link to my Amazon wishlist for some general ideas. Don't feel obligated to get me something from there, there are more than a few pricey items on that list.

Food and sweets, I'm willing to try anything once, with two exceptions: no coconut and no mushrooms. Sweets-wise, I've found myself preferring dark chocolate to milk these past few years. I'm a big beer drinker, particularly Belgian and German style beers. Chimay is extremely tasty but it is so very pricey!

Lately I've realized my software development skills are not where I would like them to be at this point in my life, so if you've got any ideas in that direction I'd be very pleased.

I'm a size L for shirts, but I'm trying to move past t-shirts as everyday wear, to be honest.

I've got a PS3/360/3DS/PSP/Wii U and and I've generally kept up with the current releases. Most of what I'm still looking for is on my wishlist.

I'm a big time 40k player, and I've been working on Infinity and Warmachine side projects for a few years now. I play Dark Angels(40k), Nomads/Ariadna(Infinity), and Cygnar/Rhulic(Warmachine).

I've got a Kindle Fire, but I'm planning on upgrading within a few months, though it's still a tossup between the Nexus 7 and the iPad mini. I mostly use it for reading comics, though I have a few Discworld books on there I've been meaning to get back to. Comics-wise, I've been really enjoying everything I've read by Brandon Graham lately, Prophet in particular.

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    2007: wise_a => Tossrock => meissnerd
    2008: PotU => Tossrock => mully
    2009: Green => Tossrock => tommy2hands
    2010: MetroidZoid => Tossrock => Tankhammer
    2011: sticks => Tossrock => TheLovelyBastard
    2012: Bucketman => Tossrock => tugga
    2013: ?????

hella years up in dis b

sig.png
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I miss meissnerd

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    yeah...

sig.png
  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Egad. I just went and turned on signatures so I could browse other peoples wishlists and steal ideas, but about 8 posts in I was so overwhelmed by the idea of even collating such a thing I had to shut everything down and had to have a quiet moment.

I'll give it a go again tonight, I believe, in an attempt to get something down before sign ups are closed and assignments are made, but just yeah. Whoa.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    Wish-listy thing
    Well, here’s my Amazon wish list and my Steam wishlist.

Outside of what's on there--

Good things:
    books—just about anything interesting. My shelves are filled with the classics, but I’m up for just about anything other than chick lit. I would like to delve into graphic novels more, but haven't had time to get started.
    movies—I’m not too snobby.
    Things that are Harry Potter, Doctor Who, Shakespeare, Star Wars, and Star Trek related are almost universally accepted.
    Other than Steam, I have a 360 and a PS2. I play just about anything but sports/racing games, strategy games (because I suck at them), and open-world RPGs (because Time). Oh and I do love boardgames.
    LEGO character minifigs are the coolest things.
    Food stuffs and candy are good.
    I play rec soccer, so soccer gear/socks/gear bags are cool.
    I’m a 5th grade teacher, so classroom supplies are always welcome. Seriously. You wouldn’t believe the loose leaf paper we go through. I’m my kids would love a full replacement of our worn out card games for recess (uno, apples to apples, etc.)
    Hm. Basically, I’m a huge nerd-geek with a lot of wide interests, so if you think the average goofball, Lit nerd, gamer-geek might like a thing, I will probably like the thing.
    Gift cards always work.

Bad things:
    NSFW things.
    Random tchotchkes that children give teachers. I’m sure nobody around here will think I need a “#1 teacher mug” or a penguin cup will with tiny candles and candy, but you know. Best to just announce it now—I have all the cutesy pen/notepad sets, adorable mugs, and mismatched candles I can deal with currently. :-P

That’s all I can think of right now. If you’re totally stumped, TheRoadVirus is my brother-in-law, so he probably can shed some light on what I might like or hate. There you go.

I feel like if I do an elaborate series of puzzles everyone's going to know it's me

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I will post wishy listy thingy wingy tomorrow.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    I feel like if I do an elaborate series of puzzles everyone's going to know it's me

Partner with me. You can do all the puzzles for my person but I'll send the stuff

No one will suspect!

Except for anyone who reads this post I guess

Sheri wrote: »

Partner with me. You can do all the puzzles for my person but I'll send the stuff

No one will suspect!

Except for anyone who reads this post I guess

What a ridiculous idea that I'd never do!
    ;)

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    smof wrote: »

But smof, I was going to get you this for Christmas:

31IAnvy5G3L.jpg

OMG me and Kyle saw these in Santa Barbara and I forgot how much I wanted them. To the Wish List!

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    Hey Satan!!!
    Clothes-wise I wear an XL shirt, 2xl sweater, 36/30 pants or 2xl track pants

I've got a ton of movies on Bluray. Mostly action or comedy stuff.

I've got an Xbox 360,a Nintendo 3ds and a computer capable of running games. I have a steam account but completely forget my username.

I enjoy football and most other sports. I try to cook good things. I spend as much as I can with my 2 kids. We finally finished our cabin up in the mountains so we are doing more outdoorsy stuff.

My amazon wishlist is in my sig. Any questions can be directed to @DrZiplock

XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
    edited November 2013
    Heyyyyyyyyyyyy Satan :winky:
    The wishlist in my sig is for guidance, I use it mostly as a repository for bright, shiny things that catch my attention but I would be brilliantly happy with anything you choose to gift me with, on my wishlist or not. Of course, if you find some hilarious, totally inappropriate, and/or awesome stuff or a unique local thing that would be amazing also. I own a 360 and a decent gaming laptop but have a gigantic backlog of games that I never ever will have time to play. I don't own a BluRay player, but I do have a pretty big movie collection. I love to read and firmly believe my Kindle is a gift from heaven, but big old books are also irresistable.

Clothes are a bit of a toughie as I'm a tall and busty lady-I get by with a ladies 2XL in American Apparel tshirts and I adore wacky socks, but outside of those you'll prob want an intermediary to ask for specific size guidance. Gift certificates would also be super duper appreciated, even airline miles (as boring as it sounds) would be pretty rad as I'm hoping to do some traveling this year! I am very pro NSFW and one of these days I'll get to putting together a wishlist specifically for that sort of stuff :D

I am allergic/sensitive to alpaca, angora, most alcohol-based scents, and SLS, am anti-coconut and -banana flavored foods, and love both coffee and tea of all varieties. I have more yarn than I know what to do with (seriously, my stash is gigantic) and in no way need any more crafting supplies as they're taking over my apartment!

What would be completely awesome would be anything handmade, especially art. I have a lot of open wall space in the new-ish place and would love something personal to be able to brag on when I have guests over!

Good resources for hints would be DrZiplock, Neville, World as Myth and Metalbourne

Thank you!

EDIT: HOW COULD I FORGET

I don't own any Black Milk leggings and holy shit I have been coveting them for ages, so if you're feeling magnificent I would adore these or these or these or shit just ask WAM (I'm pretty sure I'm an XL)

Usagi on
    Also

One hour remains for signups

• CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    I keep adding stuff to my wish list and I can't stop myself

XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    Okay, so Wishlist in spoiler.
    Let's see, my most visited threads are the fighting game thread, the superhero thread, the webcomics thread, and the giant bomb thread. I've got links up to my Amazon wishlist and my Steam profile which should hopefully have some bases to go from. I'm into science fiction and fantasy, especially the lighthearted stuff like Douglas Adams and Terry Pratchett. I've got a PS3, 360, 3DS, and my PC, and hopefully some games on my list to show off my tastes. I'm pretty bad at picking out clothes for myself, so if you know of something I would literally die if I never wore, I'm a size medium, 30 waist, size 11 shoe. Also, I have a wonderful 6 year old daughter named Lynn, so feel free to shop for her instead of me, I will appreciate it just as much, if not more.

But more than anything else, I like cool neat things. Last year I got an amazing package of ThinkGeek stuff from DrZiplock and I had a blast going through all of it. The best part of this is the surprise, and I welcome it.

Amazon
    Steam Profile in my sig!

You'll know if I get you because a dump truck full of gummy bears will arrive at your door

• BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    Email sent. Phew! :o

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Okay, so Wishlist in spoiler.
    Let's see, my most visited threads are the fighting game thread, the superhero thread, the webcomics thread, and the giant bomb thread. I've got links up to my Amazon wishlist and my Steam profile which should hopefully have some bases to go from. I'm into science fiction and fantasy, especially the lighthearted stuff like Douglas Adams and Terry Pratchett. I've got a PS3, 360, 3DS, and my PC, and hopefully some games on my list to show off my tastes. I'm pretty bad at picking out clothes for myself, so if you know of something I would literally die if I never wore, I'm a size medium, 30 waist, size 11 shoe. Also, I have a wonderful 6 year old daughter named Lynn, so feel free to shop for her instead of me, I will appreciate it just as much, if not more.

But more than anything else, I like cool neat things. Last year I got an amazing package of ThinkGeek stuff from DrZiplock and I had a blast going through all of it. The best part of this is the surprise, and I welcome it.

Amazon
    Steam Profile in my sig!

You'll know if I get you because a dump truck full of gummy bears will arrive at your door

And I will send you a puppy that can't read well.

Also, Holy Shit, Usagi, that avatar

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
    Sound the Secret Satan Alphorn!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Sound the Secret Satan Alphorn!

DIIIIIIIIIIIIICKOLAAAAA

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Dear Lucky Louie,

All hail the dark lord!

I have a wishlist! It's below in my sig, I've also edited it so it includes the smile thing which donates 0.5% of your purchase to childsplay. So you know, you should spend a lot, it's cool. (if you don't have money, I don't blame you, I spend all my money too). Don't be afraid to rif off it or ask Vivienne for some guidance!

If you have anything that's cool and local, or you can make something clever send that! I'd love it!

Things I like are coffee, cooking, rock climbing, slacklining, dungeons and dragons and drinking. And spending time with Vivienne.

With the coffee stuff, I already own a lot! I have a cold drip, a hand grinder, a v60 pour over and a siphon setup. Unless you live super close and they are super fresh beans, please don't send them! Chances are, the beans will be stale by the time they get here.

In terms of climbing and slacklining, as I am picky, please don't buy things off the list, as I'm picky and I also just buy a lot of stuff by myself.

DnD, I've added a few things, Vivienne and I have just started painting our reaper miniatures.

If you want, you can get something for Vivienne too! As it would make me look selfless and generous.

Unfortunately due to a bunch of laws that are lame, I believe it is illegal to send booze, maybe? Other things to consider is that I probably live far away from you, like really far. This means shipping could be a thing, customs and because I use a superior power system to you, that really cool thing you wanted to send me, has a good chance of blowing up.

Really though, if you find me something cool, I'm sure I'll like it, if you find me something as clever as I am I'm sure I'll love it.

Blake T on
  • Wombat!!Wombat!! Registered User regular
    Oi oi oi Satan, here are some sentences about things I like!
    I like food! And I like good beer! And good scotch! And garage rock! And good coffee!

I play musical instruments, like guitar and bass and ukulele and stuff!

I play video games on my computer! The blu ray drive in my PS3 broke, so that's not the best.

I like to read sci fi books, especially old "shitty" pulp sci fi books the "The Space Eater," things like that.

You rock!

• SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    @Blake T

Your wishlist link in your signature just takes me to my wishlist. It does seem to work in your suggestions post though.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Thanks sass, it should be fixed now.

• SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Yep!

Also, Holy Shit, Usagi, that avatar

REGULATE

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Satan Poast

12/2/13 - Some things on my amazon list have already gone out of stock... I'm trying to think of new things

///
    12/12/13 - I am also big into hardcore sim racing, so gear and equipment related to that is welcome. Unfortunately most of this stuff is very hard to track down, and not generally available on Amazon. Here's a cheap example: http://www.sim-sport.net/bodnar-cable.html?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_images.tpl&product_id=21&category_id=6

This doesn't look like much but it's actually pretty cool for me.

///

Satan, I have some things on my wishlist, but in case you are one of those outside the box thinkers, here is food for thought

Sampling of Things/Themes I like right now: Achewood, Tampa Bay Rays baseball, Lotus Formula 1 racing (fav driver Kimi Raikkonen), Mazda sportscar racing

My favorite games at the moment are: Crusader Kings 2, Hearthstone, Borderlands 2, Windwaker HD

I have: a Wii U and PS3, and a PC... I'm not really dying for games right now though... but if there was one that I would really dig it would be X-Com Enemy Within expansion on Steam

Things I can use that are not on my wishlist

Tools, both automotive and home variety
    Cooking equipment (assume I only have the basics)
    Decorations for walls (posters, paintings, etc)

I am shirt size medium, pants 28/34, shoes usually an 8, maybe 8.5

My #1 christmas miracle gift wish is an Obutto Gaming Cockpit with a triple monitor stand.

Jasconius on
This discussion has been closed.