As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PA Comic] Friday, November 15, 2013 - Generational

GethGeth LegionPerseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
edited November 2013 in The Penny Arcade Hub

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Every PA has been swinging it out of the park.

Also I'm not sure, is this the first appearance of Tycho's son in the strip?

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    He's been in a few times, a recent one was the firework display on the hill.

"Son, you already fucked up".

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2013/07/08

PedroAsani on
  • Options
    IronmausIronmaus Registered User regular
    Not eager enough to wait in line, but still savage enough when the toy arrives. :D

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Ah even I can relate to this dad comic despite never being a dad.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    aww, Noah has a plush Skull doll

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I love how enthralled he is with whatever's going on with that WiiU gamepad. Super adorable.

Also I too shall have a big box waiting for me from Amazon later on today! PS4 WOOOOO! If I could only get out of work...fake my own death perhaps?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Mike has been drawing Gabe younger and younger.

Seeing new Gabe with his kids is kinda odd to me. They look more like brothers.
    Mike is of course free to draw Gabe however he wants.

• Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Every PA has been swinging it out of the park.

Also I'm not sure, is this the first appearance of Tycho's son in the strip?

217536661_hXTNm-L-2.jpg

i-pPsKKXL-950x10000.jpg

Wearingglasses on
  • Options
    GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    I expect I will be like this next week when my Xbox One arrives from Amazon.

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    i love that second comic

it is one of PA's best

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    As a PC gamer, one thing I do envy a little about console people is the anticipation and excitement of a new console release.

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    As a PC gamer, one thing I do envy a little about console people is the anticipation and excitement of a new console release.

well at least we don't have to wait 8 years between upgrades

• Options
    Casual wrote: »

True true, the thrill of acquiring and installing new parts is pretty great too. It's just that it isn't a thrill we get to be part of collectively all at the same time like a console launch.

• Options
    metroidkillahmetroidkillah Local Bunman Free Country, USARegistered User regular
    I think Tycho may be tilting against windmills in his blag/news update. He says he doesn't want to see other people's real names, but I don't think he realizes he doesn't have to. From what I understand, it's completely voluntary, and must be mutually agreed to between two players. You won't be seeing the names of complete strangers.

Rest assured Tycho, your nerdical ideal is not being threatened. The dividing line between "real" and "fake" gamers is not being blurred just yet.

I'm not a nice guy, I just play one in real life.
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »

True true, the thrill of acquiring and installing new parts is pretty great too. It's just that it isn't a thrill we get to be part of collectively all at the same time like a console launch.

Ain't nothing better than that huge box of parts when you build a new PC. And I buy consoles as well, but just something about a PC that makes the box o' parts just terribly exciting. A box of boundless opportunity! Until I fuck up the cable routing and then just jam it all behind the motherboard and close the back plate really fast before the wires all fall out.

It looks fine from the correct side! Nobody needs to know...

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Until I fuck up the cable routing and then just jam it all behind the motherboard and close the back plate really fast before the wires all fall out.

It looks fine from the correct side! Nobody needs to know...

The struggle is real.

• Options
    miaAusamiaAusa GOD Gamer Of Daters ValhallaRegistered User regular
    the next comics will be blank since they are playing their ps4s so much, this one turned out great i love it, very funny how they would rather play with their ps4s rather than anything else, it's cute to see their kids in it too i love the skull figure too

• Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    This comic hits home so hard for me I feel like my dad-glands are going to explode.

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited November 2013

Yeah, I'm a little envious, but I figure the money I saved not having to pay fees for basic internet features on one can be used to upgrade my TV (have a really old ~26" LCD) in preparation for a GabenBox.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    gavindelgavindel The reason all your software is brokenRegistered User regular
    I am now envious that I have no children to send to bed so that I can hog the new console all to myself while they cry into the pillows.

Book - Royal road - Free! Seraphim === TTRPG - Wuxia - Free! Seln Alora
  • Options
    BlackDoveBlackDove Registered User regular
    Shouldn't the bolded word in the sentence be "dream" instead of "food"?

• Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    This is a pretty good birthday comic.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    BlackDove wrote: »
    Shouldn't the bolded word in the sentence be "dream" instead of "food"?

Not the way I hear it in my head, but I guess it's subjective.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Maybe I should have tried to buy one at the store…?
    Wha? Does that mean his PS4 isn't working or something?

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    Wha? Does that mean his PS4 isn't working or something?

I'm not 100% clear that it has actually been delivered to Jerry yet. He said "should be". I'm guessing it's now "won't be." So he could have just picked one up at the store like a chump and been able to play it tonight.

• Options
    TheOtherHorsemanTheOtherHorseman Registered User regular
    oh my god that internet safety lecture comic had completely slipped my mind. I almost always like PA comics, but that is one of the few that can make me guffaw like a cartoon dog

• Options
    Not sure when this second newspost went up, but...

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    When the Steam Machines are released, PC gamers can collectively celebrate the release of a new console together.

On the topic of Steam, console gamers don't get the joy and wonder of the Steam Sale. So there's a trade off.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Their individual market places are making some good moves towards similar sales.

Still nowhere near as fun though.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Not sure when this second newspost went up, but...
    About 3 posts ago. ;)

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Mike has been drawing Gabe younger and younger.

Seeing new Gabe with his kids is kinda odd to me. They look more like brothers.
    Mike is of course free to draw Gabe however he wants.

The current Gabe reminds me most of the earliest Bugs Bunny cartoons.