As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Playstation 4] The Perfect Day Is Here... Greatness Has Arrived

• Options
    zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    I think I fixed my twitch problem

I'm broadcasting some COD campaign at the moment

Check it out

zllehs on
  • Options
    So. Warframe.

Not sure if this was mentioned between last night and this morning, but lowering the maximum latency for hosts in the Options seems to have solved the majority of my issues (E: Default was 300ms, changed it to 200ms), however it does take a bit longer to find matches. Still, not rubberbanding/having other players rubberband through things was a huge bonus.

Also, this game suffers from the same problems I have in games like Borderlands or Diablo or whatever other loot games I play: Everyone seems to run through the level killing only things that are needed to complete it, and if I linger to open caches/chests/whatever, I find myself quite far behind them. Damn it, I'm OCD about finding everything on a level! There's tons of good items and cash out there! Stop guyyyyyyys!!!!

Otherwise, I have no idea what I should be concentrating on as far as weapons/warframe after the default stuff that's handed to you. I did get part of a weapon from Vor that seems to build a kick ass pistol, but I need more parts that I have NO CLUE how to get.

E: Side note - I remembered last night that I have absolute crap upload speeds, so no streaming for me until I figure out what to do about that.

lol ditto
    we should link up sometime and play this game the way it should be

• Options
    IndoorsmanIndoorsman Registered User regular
    Beltaine wrote: »
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Re: The PS4 HDMI cable.

I know they warn you not to unplug power while it's in Standby, but what happens if you have a power outage or brownout?

I can answer that. We had stormy weather last night, and the power blinked out during an intense Resogun match.

I powered back up when I could, and got a message basically saying - don't unplug the power cord without properly powering down first.

Then it rebooted as normal and was fine.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Aoi wrote: »
    So isn't Amazon or someone supposed to be doing a $30 PS+ membership sometime within the next two weeks, because suddenly I think I want to reup for a couple years at that price.

Amazon and GameStop are both doing a year for $30 on Black Friday

That is fantastic. I just got 3 months of Plus in anticipation of getting a Vita, so $30 for a full year is a no-brainer.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    zllehs wrote: »
    Also, this game suffers from the same problems I have in games like Borderlands or Diablo or whatever other loot games I play: Everyone seems to run through the level killing only things that are needed to complete it, and if I linger to open caches/chests/whatever, I find myself quite far behind them. Damn it, I'm OCD about finding everything on a level! There's tons of good items and cash out there! Stop guyyyyyyys!!!!

lol ditto

Ha, I have the exact same problem! Team PA Map Scourers!

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    IndoorsmanIndoorsman Registered User regular
    Whoops. What happened to the edit button? - Was trying to quote a question about PS4 and blackouts

• Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    Allforce wrote: »
    I'd like to know as well, but every thread I read about this devolves into everyone recommending headphones. I just want a mono earpiece for chat audio only. I've got my eye on some of those wired Plantronics earpieces but I'm waiting to hear confirmation from someone that they actually work with the DS4

Have you tried the earbud thing that came with the console? I used it yesterday to play some of that Alien Horde mode in CoD with my brother, and I was suprised at how decent it was.

Yes and this is exactly why I'm looking/waiting for alternatives. It's uncomfortable to me.

• Options
    MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »

lol ditto

I am very much up for doing some PA Multiplayer on here. Hell, what does it take to set up a Clan in this game? I need to go read the wiki after work...

PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    So other than those hiccups Friday with PSN, my PS4 was humming all weekend. Had one freeze yesterday when Warframe was trying to install, but a hard reboot fixed that.

I'm pretty cash strapped right now, so I can't afford KZ, but I'm down for some Warframe and/or Blacklight if anyone sees me online.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    I'd like to know as well, but every thread I read about this devolves into everyone recommending headphones. I just want a mono earpiece for chat audio only. I've got my eye on some of those wired Plantronics earpieces but I'm waiting to hear confirmation from someone that they actually work with the DS4

Have you tried the earbud thing that came with the console? I used it yesterday to play some of that Alien Horde mode in CoD with my brother, and I was suprised at how decent it was.

Yes and this is exactly why I'm looking/waiting for alternatives. It's uncomfortable to me.

Seriously. What Sasquatch did they design the earbud to fit? It's huge!

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    So. Warframe.

Not sure if this was mentioned between last night and this morning, but lowering the maximum latency for hosts in the Options seems to have solved the majority of my issues (E: Default was 300ms, changed it to 200ms), however it does take a bit longer to find matches. Still, not rubberbanding/having other players rubberband through things was a huge bonus.

Otherwise, I have no idea what I should be concentrating on as far as weapons/warframe after the default stuff that's handed to you. I did get part of a weapon from Vor that seems to build a kick ass pistol, but I need more parts that I have NO CLUE how to get.

E: Side note - I remembered last night that I have absolute crap upload speeds, so no streaming for me until I figure out what to do about that.

I will totally play Warframe with you, Monkey! I want to explore levels and open chests too! My issue, though, is that above "Open Chests" I have "Be a Team Player" so when someone rushes ahead, I try to keep up with them so I can watch their back.

I'm in the Eastern Timezone so I'm not sure how much outside of weekends we might get to play, but I sent you a friend request anyway. Gotta love that PSN app.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    ibsxwQPdDtHOpk.png

It's a photoshop, but I agree, it should be implemented.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    So. Warframe.

lol ditto
    The only valuable things that I get from chests are ammunition (which isn't in short supply and commonly dropped from enemies) and the occasional crafting material (also dropped by enemies). Most people are looking for Mods, and those only come from mission rewards, the Market, or dropped by enemies. This might be why people aren't stopping for Chests. Credits drop from chests, but you aren't missing out on much by skipping the chests. If chests had mods in them, you'd be damn sure I'd be scouring the map for them.

Do Defense missions. Those require you to stay in one place to Defend and "save" your rewards every 5 waves (so at the 5th wave, even if you decide not to bail and skip the wave reward, you keep any mods dropped by enemies and credits and crafting materials). If you bail at 5 waves, though, you get a free mod as a reward.

You can often get most of the parts of whatever Frame/Weapon from a boss from repeated runs on that boss. Vor gives you the blueprint, the barrel, and the grip. It's worth farming them out, I think, even if you can't get the rare crafting material needed to finish it right now. Vor in particular is a good early farm, because he always drops a Mod, and it's often a higher quality one than what you've been receiving at this point in the game.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    GMaster7 wrote: »

lol ditto

I am very much up for doing some PA Multiplayer on here. Hell, what does it take to set up a Clan in this game? I need to go read the wiki after work...

Sounds like a party

• Options
    LutExIVLutExIV Thieves Guild Chairman In the ShadowsRegistered User regular
    I'd be down for some Warframe at a slow pace. I haven't even played that one yet.

26965406221_865f825658.jpg
    Steam/PSN/XBox Live:LutExIV
  • Options
    All kinds of people seem to want in on PA Warframe. Sounds awesome to me!

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    I only played one match of Warframe so far and then found the character/item/etc menus incredibly confusing. Like, what the fuck are mods, how do I use them, and what is "fusion"?

• Options
    I watched my daughter play Warframe this weekend, seemed to be pretty awesome. She really got into it so I'm going to have to try it out sometime.

• Options
    AoiAoi Registered User regular
    AspectVoid wrote: »
    All kinds of people seem to want in on PA Warframe. Sounds awesome to me!

Yep, add me as another that is all kinds of into the idea of good reliable groups for Warframe.

I looked around last night, and after scouring the interface, I couldn't find where you actually set up clans. Am I missing something obvious? I even figured maybe it was something you had to buy from the cash shop, but I didn't see anything there either, other than the ability to build a clan insignia.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Beltaine wrote: »

Seriously. What Sasquatch did they design the earbud to fit? It's huge!

Hmm, I couldn't get it to stay in my left ear, but it fits like a dream in my right ear...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    Is there any information from Sony about when the second wave of consoles will hit? I made a layaway deposit at a big box store to reserve one.

BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • Options
    I tried some Warframe last night and wouldn't mind being let into the PA clan.

Connection was pretty bad though, but it might have been the host. Also I really hate how sword swinging automatically makes your character facing forward, which means I can't just attack enemies behind me.

• Options
    Melee combat in Warframe is pretty shitty. Borderline useless, even.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Man I absolutely cannot believe this system sold a million units in 24 hours. I saw a graphic that showed that no other console has ever done 1 million even in the first month. I know there's a lot of talk about how many defects there are, but I don't think it's going to be as bad as some people I've seen speculating. Either way, I think it's cool as hell that gaming as a hobby has gotten this big.

screenshot2013-11-17a34cad.png

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular

I agree. Mostly because of the camera. You get near an enemy to thwack them and all the sudden the camera moves and you lose them, then you swing wildly at nothing. I find the Excaliburs sword dash helps a bit with this...but then I'm in close range with a shitty melee system, aka some place I don't want to be.

I just stick to shooting.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    AoiAoi Registered User regular

It really takes some getting used to, but I've gotten really good with it, and especially that charge attack. It one-shots some really rough enemies. Once I got used to the melee, I really fell in love with it.

• Options
    I only played one match of Warframe so far and then found the character/item/etc menus incredibly confusing. Like, what the fuck are mods, how do I use them, and what is "fusion"?
    Fusion allows you to upgrade a mod by fusing it with one or more other mods. If you stack the same mod together, you get a bigger bonus than trying to fuse two separate mods. For example, Fusing two Pressure Points usually gives you the next tier of Pressure Point, while fusing Pressure Point with most anything else will level it up, but not to the next tier. There are also Fusion Cores which are specifically designed to level up other Mods (basically, just generic cards to fuse with your existing mods to level them up).

Transmute allows you to take 4 unleveled mods and a butt ton of cash to make a random other mod, but I'm not sure this is a good investment early on. Maybe later in the game.

You attach mods by going into Arsenal and pressing Triangle while highlighting a weapon or armor. You need to level up a Warframe or Weapon before you can attach a mod to it. Select a slot, then select any mod. As long as you have enough points for it, you can slot it into the item. Also, if you match the symbol on the card with the appropriate symbol on a mod slot in the weapon/Warframe, it reduces the point cost of the mod by half (rounded up). Also, mods can be shared among all of your weapons and warframes, so you don't have to unslot the mod to put it in a new weapon.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular

Mods are slotted onto your suit/weapons individually (go to arsenal, hit triangle on your suit or weapons to equip them.)
    On the top right of the mod card, you will see a symbol. If you put it on a corresponding symbol on your mod sheet, it costs half as many points as normal.
    Fusion allows you to combine two of the same card, or one card and some fusion mod cards, to make a better version. For example, I have 2 of a vitality card. Each costs 3 points to use, and gives me 40% more max health. I can fuse them into ONE card, which costs 4 points and gives me 80% more max health. So it is definitely helpful. Not sure how to power up your suit-based powers yet.

• Options
    GnomeTank wrote: »

I agree. Mostly because of the camera. You get near an enemy to thwack them and all the sudden the camera moves and you lose them, then you swing wildly at nothing. I find the Excaliburs sword dash helps a bit with this...but then I'm in close range with a shitty melee system, aka some place I don't want to be.

Some of the other melee weapons are more intuitive, I think. The beginning sword and most of the short dual swords feel awkward to me, but most of the dashing Power Slash attacks are one-shot kills, which means that you can just keep chaining kills. I'm kinda "forced" to use melee right now because I have some awesome mods for melee attacks, but it is a bit of a rush to get repeat one-shot kills in melee range. I also play Loki, though, who has Decoy and Invisibility (easy bailouts).

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    I'm also always down for warframe! And killzone. And battlefield once my saves stop corrupting.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Sony Playstation 4 - More durable than an Illinois tornado.

*cue PR campaign*

69V0KxY.jpg

• Options
    MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »

At least stealth gibbing people with a sword is easy enough. It is the active melee combat that has serious camera issues. I am getting used to it, but I find powers and shooting to be so much better. Crush is an AMAZING skill to run up to a group of baddies and just obliterate them. It's very visceral and feels good to do!

PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Mag is awesome for her pull and shield polarize abilities. Group everyone up, pop their remaining shields (while filling yours and your allies' shields) and then excalibur comes up with a sword lunge and those guys are just DEAD.

Also, Volt is fun for his lightning spell. Chaining that onto a group of bigbads is great. I find his other skills to be sort of meh, though

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    I played through the first two "boards" or whatever....when the hell do you get skills? So far Warframe is just a so-so shooter that's not really remarkable except for being really dark.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    So do PSN games for PS4 hit on Tuesdays like PS3 and Vita? I would assume that to be the case.

Are we getting anything this week? I'm really hoping for Octodad and Outlast.

• Options
    I played through the first two "boards" or whatever....when the hell do you get skills? So far Warframe is just a so-so shooter that's not really remarkable except for being really dark.

Right away. My first Frame came with all four of its skills. They need to be added to the armor like Mods do. Additional skills are dropped as mods as well.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options

You have to equip skills like mods on your Warframe.

I'm a little disappointed in it myself. Was pretty amped up for it prior to PS4 launch, but having played it a bunch, it's just kinda, I dunno, not that good.

• Options
    MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    So as a tip, if you plugin to the ethernet port on your AT&T Uverse box to get online with the PS4, you will be getting NAT 3 instead of NAT 2. While it is faster to go with the port, the traffic seems limited or something preventing certain activities (and screwing up Warframe for folks).

Use Wifi or an ethernet cable back to the RG to correct this. I have a wifi router slave to the RG which I connect to and it is working quite well.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options

Every time one of your things levels up, it gets a mod point. Different mods cost different amounts of points to attach, but your skills are available in your mod list immediately.
    Go to your arsenal and dick around with it a bit, and you'll get a better feel for what you can and can't do. That's what helped me a lot. Just like 15 minutes of clicking stuff

• Options
    Boy without all the heathens online over the weekend clogging up the tubes the UI really shines on this thing. I just got to work and fired up the PS4, on the "Recently Played" tab you get all sorts of information about the games that pops in, manuals, concept art, link to the Facebook page, etc.

None of this ever showed up once for since Friday, I didn't even know there was a "What's New" section below I could see what all my friends had done.