As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pfft..I wish..

• TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    I finally made chicken and apples tonight.

It came out differently than how I pictured it from the recipe but it was really good.

It's essentially chicken dredged in flour, corn starch, salt, pepper and a sprinkling of sugar, seared in butter and then cooked in a reduction of sherry, brown sugar and the leftover butter from the pan. It was so moist and I'm definitely going to add that to the recipe box.

I need to cook new things more often and this was a nice bit of encouragement.

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Where do the apples come into play in that recipe?

• TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Where do the apples come into play in that recipe?

Oops! Yeah that's important.

You add them to the sherry when you're making the reduction and they are served with the chicken. They're very caramelized by the time you serve them.

Here's the recipe if you all want to try it.

TankHammer on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    hello normandy, it's been a while

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    hello normandy, it's been a while

Hello, Shepard.
    270px-EDI_Character_Box.png

robot-free zone

uh, EDI is an AI and not a robot, gawd

snorts, pushes up glasses

they all look the same to me

fucking rude

• GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    what anti said

Gatsby on
  • Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    look I don't hate robots all I'm saying is why can't there be an organic entertainment channel

get bodied

( you can't because you are inorganic)

• TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    And the dog vs AI war begins in earnest.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    I wish I wasn't so hopelessly fucked re: money

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    [
    Antimatter wrote: »
    uh, EDI is an AI and not a robot, gawd

snorts, pushes up glasses
    It seems like at a certian point of development the two are essentially the same thing

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Fuckin 'bots need to learn their place, see?

JtgVX0H.png
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Hey, some of my best friends are robots.

488W936.png
  • nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    I wish I get my friend's old florist job at Costco so I can move into her place.

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Panic ButtonPanic Button Robo-cannibal Registered User regular
    I wish I could tell if I'm getting better at drawing. Real life ought to have experience meters.

Drawings and short stories: sketchatron.tumblr.com
  • HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    Like Sims 3 style. Or Pokemon style, where the harder the task, the more points. *Sigh* You need the mods to get a better interface on the game, Life. And the cpu in my console screws up heaps. Keeps glitching out.

Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    get bodied

( you can't because you are inorganic)

You haven't met EDI have you?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I wish the heavy winds last night hadn't caused a tree to hit my parents' house. We'll know just how bad it is once it gets light out.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    I wish my vendor knew this update was going to be twelve hours over due so that I could have gotten some goddamn sleep.

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    I wish I didn't have this damned runny nose so I could have gotten some sleep last night.

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    I wish this head/chest cold-sinus infection would finally go away.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    I wish the heavy winds last night hadn't caused a tree to hit my parents' house. We'll know just how bad it is once it gets light out.

576641_10201852770973821_621116465_n.jpg
    1476701_10201852771333830_1646192640_n.jpg

I should've taken a tape measure out there, but it stretched all the way from about 10 feet inside their fence, all the way to touching the opposite fence. Probably 15-20 yards long.

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Panic ButtonPanic Button Robo-cannibal Registered User regular
    Today I caught myself wishing that I was back at home, which took me by surprise. I'll be back for Thanksgiving in a week, fortunately, but I thought I wouldn't care to return to my hometown anymore. Not entirely sure why I thought that.

Drawings and short stories: sketchatron.tumblr.com
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    I wish I had some ice cream to numb the pain of programming.

488W936.png
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »

Stop programming with your tonsils

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Oops

Peccavi on
    TheStig wrote: »
    Corehealer wrote: »

Stop programming with your tonsils

I don't have those anymore.

488W936.png
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I wish I weren't scared of sex

• Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    I wish

my exhaustion hadn't been replaced by this low-grade stress and social anxiety. I am convinced everyone I talk to is ticked at me. I know it's probably because I moved and started a new job, and it'll pass when I get used to stuff and can enjoy being out and near Maddie.

I wish I could look at the tattoo on my back more easily to remind myself that I had a reason I needed to change my life around a bit and the past was far from perfect.

• MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Fire Truck wrote: »
    I wish

my exhaustion hadn't been replaced by this low-grade stress and social anxiety. I am convinced everyone I talk to is ticked at me. I know it's probably because I moved and started a new job, and it'll pass when I get used to stuff and can enjoy being out and near Maddie.

I wish I could look at the tattoo on my back more easily to remind myself that I had a reason I needed to change my life around a bit and the past was far from perfect.

Hey baby

Let me lick your knee

• Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    Fire Truck wrote: »
    I wish

Hey baby

Let me lick your knee

I need an adult a bodyguard.

• IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    I wish I had a plan for my life

I turn 30 next year and as it gets closer and closer to being next year I'm starting to freak out more

I don't even know where to begin to explain why I feel this way. I have been sitting here at the computer and re-written this post about 10 times, and each time hasn't really captured the general sense of un-ease I have.

ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    I wish I could get my shit together. It sure would be nice living a life where I wasn't always a stiff breeze away from a complete suicidal meltown. Gonna call a hotline now. Wheeee

• RawrBearRawrBear Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    IpseDixit wrote: »
    I wish I had a plan for my life

I turn 30 next year and as it gets closer and closer to being next year I'm starting to freak out more

I don't even know where to begin to explain why I feel this way. I have been sitting here at the computer and re-written this post about 10 times, and each time hasn't really captured the general sense of un-ease I have.

I kinda know what this is like. I'm finishing up university in nearly four months and aside from allowing me to maybe teach English overseas somewhere my degree is pretty much good for nothing. I went back to school cause I wasn't really happy doing super easy desk job programming stuff forever, but it's been 4 years and I'm not any closer to doing anything else. Like I should probably be excited about getting a programming job I actually care about, moving somewhere cool or that I'm way better at art than I was 4 years ago (no thanks to the shitty studio program at my university). Instead I just feel like I'm back to where I started and as i get older I get more terrified that time is running out for me to accomplish my goals.

RawrBear on
  • MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    I really fucking wish that people who called customer service would do so with their bill already in front of them. It's like, fucking Christ, thanks for wasting my time here explaining something to you that you could have read on a piece of paper we send out to you every month. Look, I don't know why your fucking bill is so high just by looking at it. We don't institute a "make your bill higher" fee, so you're going to have to go over it and see if the five hundred dollars you spent on extra lives in candy crush saga is abnormal or if it's the fact that the surcharges went up by three cents. Okay, I don't know what's fucking normal for you.

Oh, you want a supervisor because I pointed out the obvious fact that your bill nowhere to be found and you want me to read off every single charge to you? Good, because you know what power supervisors have that I don't? The ability to say "no" outright.

And speaking of the word "no," you know when you ask for something and we tell you how to do it for your lazy fucking self? That's our way of saying no. We can't say no to a customer because your tiny, fragile ego might break like a soap bubble and you'll write a bad review on every fucking site on the Internet, taking up some holy crusade against us that takes up the majority of your worthless life rather than the five minutes it would have taken to do whatever it was yourself. Okay, so fuck you. Anytime you call customer service and you hear the phrase, "oh you can do that online now," what you're really hearing is, "we can't fucking do that. And no, my supervisor can't do that either. Fucking hell, what is wrong with you, you helpless fuck?"

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    I don't care if you bring up calling the police, I literally cannot do anything with my supervisor gone for the evening. My machine can't even process refunds. All you are doing is wasting both of our times sir.

VRXwDW7.png