As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Playstation 4] The Perfect Day Is Here... Greatness Has Arrived

19495969798100»

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    I'm doing some unpacking right now, but in a bit I'm gonna be on for some Warframe. If you're interested in some super-lowbie Warframe, add me. PSN name is in my sig.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    New thread time or is this thread shutting down soon because the PS4 is released?

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    LutExIVLutExIV Thieves Guild Chairman In the ShadowsRegistered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    New thread time or is this thread shutting down soon because the PS4 is released?

These things usually get a few weeks right? Considering the ps4 has only been out a few days and the community is just getting its legs under it, I would think we could stay open a little longer.

26965406221_865f825658.jpg
    Steam/PSN/XBox Live:LutExIV
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    I think we get to keep the thread (in general, not -this- thread since it's at 100) through the holidays as people get their consoles and get them going, but probably around the first of the year, it'll be gone. If thread behavior stays alright, that is. Obviously don't know for sure, but I thought I read that at some point earlier on.

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    wow we got through 40,000 posts in 3 week?

not bad

I guess I should just copy and paste the OP?

zllehs on
  • Options
    corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    Man I just don't get the Shadow Fall hate. I literally loved it. Sure it had some rough spots with the story and the mechanics. But it was a launch game. I can forgive them for the beginning of chapter 8. Even that could have been rad it just needed some more time to fine tune it. Meh it is what is. I am usually on the wrong end of this stuff. I thought The Darkness was twice the game of Bioshock when they launched and I still do.

Also I just made it through Resogun on easy. That game is going to be my jam. Like it more the Super Stardust and maybe as much as Geo Wars.

• Options
    LutExIVLutExIV Thieves Guild Chairman In the ShadowsRegistered User regular
    corin7 wrote: »
    Man I just don't get the Shadow Fall hate. I literally loved it. Sure it had some rough spots with the story and the mechanics. But it was a launch game. I can forgive them for the beginning of chapter 8. Even that could have been rad it just needed some more time to fine tune it. Meh it is what is. I am usually on the wrong end of this stuff. I thought The Darkness was twice the game of Bioshock when they launched and I still do.

Also I just made it through Resogun on easy. That game is going to be my jam. Like it more the Super Stardust and maybe as much as Geo Wars.

I'm with you on Shadow Fall. It's not "run and gun" exciting, but the pacing is deliberate and the visuals give me that same kind of "cool" feel that the original Halo did the first time.

26965406221_865f825658.jpg
    Steam/PSN/XBox Live:LutExIV
  • Options
    zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    dont forget to manually add people to your warframe friends list

Im online right now if anybody wants to party up

• Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    So for people with PS+, PS3 and PS4...are there any difficulties using any ps+ features on the ps3 once you upgrade to a 4? Cloud saves, downloads, etc. Or is it all smooth and you can switch from one system being online to the other with no problems?

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    GutterkisserGutterkisser Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    LutExIV wrote: »

These things usually get a few weeks right? Considering the ps4 has only been out a few days and the community is just getting its legs under it, I would think we could stay open a little longer.

Feeling sad enough as it is, I'd be rather bummed if the PS4 thread was killed off before it even launches in my country!

How are people finding temperatures on their console so far? Good heat dissipation and all that? We're warming up down here and my PC hates summer in my stuffy room.

Gutterkisser on
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Tried Warframe. No idea what all the fuss is about. Back to the high seas.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    bssbss Brostoyevsky Madison, WIRegistered User regular
    LutExIV wrote: »

Feeling sad enough as it is, I'd be rather bummed if the PS4 thread was killed off before it even launches in my country!

How are people finding temperatures on their console so far? Good heat dissipation and all that? We're warming up down here and my PC hates summer in my stuffy room.

I believe the Giant Bomb stream event did a very scientific "touch the console and tell us what you think" test, wherein they concluded it got "warm" and "hot air" was being vented out the back. So there's that. I have an open TV stand in my bedroom, which I keep kind of cool since it's winter, so I can't give you direct advice other than that yeah, it'll probably get warm, let that sucker breathe.

3DS: 2466-2307-8384 PSN: bssteph Steam: bsstephan Twitch: bsstephan
    Tabletop:13th Age (mm-mmm), D&D 4e
    Occasional words about games: my site
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    It was really hot when I set it up at work and stuck it on top of a leather seat near the back/bottom as I went to unplug the power cable (total running time about 1.5 hours). But since then it's been on concrete/wood ground, and most recently on a laptop cooler and it's felt not much more than warm since that.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    dantreedantree Registered User regular
    Chance wrote: »
    Tried Warframe. No idea what all the fuss is about. Back to the high seas.

Me too, Got stuck trying to figure out what to do, then tried to join my group through a door and it wouldn't let me through. Back to Resogun I go.

psn: dantree
  • Options
    You can't really argue with the empirical methods of the scientists over at Giant Bomb.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Streaming asscreed if anyone wants to come chat

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    FITorionFITorion Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Anyone know where I can find a list of the problems systems have been having? I want to check my system for each one to make sure it's ok. I've heard of one problem where the disk insertion and ejection is broken. My system seems fine in that regard but is that the only thing that's been wrong? Is there a central place I can look with the reports of bricked systems?

FITorion on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    My only worry is, I hope... I hope the replacement PS4 doesn't end up coming bricked too D:

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    nusunusu Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Twitch: helping people choose which basketball game to buy (Jeff Gerstman tweeted out this stream...): EA's nba game looks like a bad joke.

nusu on
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    I give up: I just can't figure out why there's always one human who dies out of the blue in Resogun.

I restarted the first stage like four times, kept a super close eye on Keepers, but no matter what there would always be a guy who would instantly die.

The only thing I can think of is that there are enemy suicide bombers who crash into your caged dudes, but I'm not seeing any indication to confirm that.

But on the subject of confirmations, I can confirm that the shove button is in AC IV after all. It's the X button, except it's not labeled in the context menu for some odd reason.

• Options
    And how many years has EA's NBA game been in the oven now? Three? I can't watch the stream so I can't tell what level of bad it supposedly is - hopefully there's still players getting stuck in the T pose centre court, like the Elite demo.

• Options
    nusunusu Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    It basically looks like a prettier version of a 3-4 year old 360 game really. Compared to 2k14, this just looks like EA put almost no effort into a next gen sports title and hoped it would sell to people starved for new games.

nusu on
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    People in GAF are reporting that this is a nice and cheap alternative headset: http://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Beach-Ear-Force-playstation-4/dp/B00EI4V3FU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384839135&sr=8-1&keywords=turtlebeach+P4C

I'll wait for more opinions before I give it a try, though.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I wouldn't know if 2k14 is any good because the game is taking 10 years to install itself whenever I start it up.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    People in GAF are reporting that this is a nice and cheap alternative headset: http://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Beach-Ear-Force-playstation-4/dp/B00EI4V3FU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384839135&sr=8-1&keywords=turtlebeach+P4C

I'm waiting for a 2.5-3.5mm adapter for my current turtle Beach headset which is exactly that one but white. I'll let you guys know how that works out and if it doesn't, I'll let you know how the linked one works

• Options
    VothVoth Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    I like the system but now that I've beaten KZ I'll play the waiting game for something else I might like. Shame about Knack since that was the only other game that really interested me.

Voth on
    reverbnation -- last.fm -- facebook -- twitter -- bandcamp --youtube -- PSN: audapostrophe -- XBL: audapostrophe -- NNID: audapostrophe -- Myspace
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Beltaine wrote: »
    Allforce wrote: »
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Allforce wrote: »
    I'd like to know as well, but every thread I read about this devolves into everyone recommending headphones. I just want a mono earpiece for chat audio only. I've got my eye on some of those wired Plantronics earpieces but I'm waiting to hear confirmation from someone that they actually work with the DS4

Have you tried the earbud thing that came with the console? I used it yesterday to play some of that Alien Horde mode in CoD with my brother, and I was suprised at how decent it was.

Yes and this is exactly why I'm looking/waiting for alternatives. It's uncomfortable to me.

Seriously. What Sasquatch did they design the earbud to fit? It's huge!

ME!

I'm the sasquatch!

The PS4 earbud is the first earbud I've ever used in my life that fits comfortably in the ear. Everything else falls out.

Of course, I don't really play online games so it's a moot point. It's something that fits comfortably in my ear that I will never put in my ear

• Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Voth wrote: »
    I like the system but now that I've beaten KZ I'll play the waiting game for something else I might like. Shame about Knack since that was the only other game that really interested me.

Resogun and Assassin's Creed are pretty boss, so far. And, for what it's worth, I was enjoying what I played of Knack (about 90 minutes).
    I give up: I just can't figure out why there's always one human who dies out of the blue in Resogun.

I restarted the first stage like four times, kept a super close eye on Keepers, but no matter what there would always be a guy who would instantly die.

The only thing I can think of is that there are enemy suicide bombers who crash into your caged dudes, but I'm not seeing any indication to confirm that.

But on the subject of confirmations, I can confirm that the shove button is in AC IV after all. It's the X button, except it's not labeled in the context menu for some odd reason.

There are enemy suicide bombers who crash into the caged guys? Never noticed that. The first stage is the only stage I can reliable save all humans in - you might be missing some keepers? If even one keeper gets away without gettin' kilt, the human auto-dies.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular

See that's useless for me cause the way it sounds, it doesn't output game audio.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    KryhsKryhs Registered User regular
    Any headsets can have game audio. You can set it that way in the device settings. I use a pair of earbuds plugged into the controller for my game and chat audio and the camera for my mic. It's pretty awesome.

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    So if zllehs doesn't come back before the thread is closed, who is making the new thread?

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular

One of the humans in stage one requires a 3x multiplier to unlock I believe. It happens when moving into phase 3 if I am remembering correctly.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Edit: [To the new thread with it]

Donnicton on