As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PS4] Playstation NOW (Gaikai) is announced and detailed - Beta coming later this month

• ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Cade wrote: »
    Sony exchanging defective PS4's immediately through call support.
    We reached out to Sony today to find out more about the reports of defective PlayStation 4 units. As we mentioned last week, Sony estimates hardware failures at 0.4 percent.

“There have been several issues reported, which leads us to believe there isn’t a singular problem that could impact a broader percentage of PS4 units,” a Sony representative tells Game Informer. “We also understand that some units were reportedly damaged during shipping. The number of affected PS4 systems is less than 1%, which represents a very small percentage of total units shipped to date and is within the expected range for a new product introduction. We understand the frustration of consumers that have had a problem and are working with them and our retail partners to help troubleshoot issues and ensure affected units are exchanged”

We inquired about repair and replacement times for those consumers that choose to approach Sony directly rather than attempt a fix through a retailer. The representative gave us some good news. “SCEA is exchanging units with new replacements for those who call our support line,” he says. “The exchanges are immediate with expedited shipping.

Wanted to put it there as I know some have had bad systems, so get on it and get a new one ASAP.

!!! And the recording said I'd have an under 10-minute wait?!

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    zllehs wrote: »
    Warframes cost real money though so I suggest finding the one you really want - spending the money - and leveling it up all the way
    You can craft warframes without spending a single dollar. It just takes a lot of time and resources to do so. The first blueprint farming (I think) is Jackal Assassination in the Venus sector for the Rhino Warframe. The crafting materials for it aren't found until much later, but by the time you level your starting frame to 30, you should be strong enough to progress to the sectors that have the crafting materials for most of it.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    You can get Warframes without spending real money, it just means grinding a specific mission for the drops. So it costs time instead of money. However, I've enjoyed Warframe enough I'm probably going to toss them some money just as a reward for making a game I find very fun.

Also, I bought the new NFS at around 4:30 on my phone while I was at work, as I decided I didn't want to wait for Drive Club for a racing game, and it was downloaded and installed by the time I got home at 5:45pm. God, I love that SOOO much! Its going to make release day insanely awesome.

AspectVoid on
    PSN|AspectVoid
  • CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »
    We reached out to Sony today to find out more about the reports of defective PlayStation 4 units. As we mentioned last week, Sony estimates hardware failures at 0.4 percent.

“There have been several issues reported, which leads us to believe there isn’t a singular problem that could impact a broader percentage of PS4 units,” a Sony representative tells Game Informer. “We also understand that some units were reportedly damaged during shipping. The number of affected PS4 systems is less than 1%, which represents a very small percentage of total units shipped to date and is within the expected range for a new product introduction. We understand the frustration of consumers that have had a problem and are working with them and our retail partners to help troubleshoot issues and ensure affected units are exchanged”

We inquired about repair and replacement times for those consumers that choose to approach Sony directly rather than attempt a fix through a retailer. The representative gave us some good news. “SCEA is exchanging units with new replacements for those who call our support line,” he says. “The exchanges are immediate with expedited shipping.

Wanted to put it there as I know some have had bad systems, so get on it and get a new one ASAP.

Had to make sure you saw that :)

Arthil wrote: »

Had to make sure you saw that :)

Well, should get an email with info soon. They'll send me a shipping box in a few days, we'll see who moves faster.

• nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    Did anybody purchase their PS4 from Best Buy online? If so, what was your shipping like?

• ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Why does ACIV seem like everything is always in shadow?

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • LCDXXLCDXX A flask of wood and glass Terre Haute, INRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Ok, silly question time... Why does the PS4 UI insist on showing my real name when I quadruple checked that I only want "LCDXX" used as my handle. It always displays my first and last name and, odd as this may sound, I find it kind of annoying.

Does this happen for anyone else?

If I'm on your friends list, do I show up as "LCDXX" or is it showing my real name?

XBL: LCDXX | PSN: LCDXX | Steam: LCDXX
  • ED!ED! Registered User regular
    LCDXX wrote: »
    Ok, silly question time... Why does the PS4 UI insist on showing my real name when I quadruple checked that I only want "LCDXX" used as my handle. It always displays my first and last name and, odd as this may sound, I find it kind of annoying.

Does this happen for anyone else?

If I'm on your friends list, do I show up as "LCDXX" or is it showing my real name?

It will always show your real name to you. . .presumably because anyone at your house knows who you are. It does not display this to others.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I just changed my real name to Tim Spork.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Did the AC4 patch change how helping friend's fleets work?
    I no longer see who I need to help, or who helped me. I see "a friend needs help" or "a friend healed you/a friend sped you up". Previously I saw specific users, like my homie Timspork who is always speeding my fleet up!
    I didn't know if it was the patch or some sort of anon setting a friend had set.

• nusunusu Registered User regular
    My copy of AC4 has arrived, now I just have to wait 2-3 more weeks for my PS4... Will the game work if I spin the box really fast? ;)

• Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Two things I can confirm:

1. AC IV features adjustable run speeds using the analog trigger: pressing it slightly will have you go into a jog, holding it down is a full sprint. Alternating between the two makes getting around tight corners around town much easier.

2. You do indeed have to maintain a multiplier score of 3.0 or higher in Resogun in order to save all the humans in the first area. Just having the multiplier score will automatically free the humans, no need to destroy any Keepers. This also explains why I always had a couple of humans just up and die without explanation.

You can watch a replay of my first successful attempt (after nearly half an hour of restarts) below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ctf-JDFbWM&feature=youtu.be

And as a third thing, I can confirm the downvids site works for grabbing your Facebook-uploaded replays so you can put them on YouTube: http://www.downvids.net/

• CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    Incoming 1.51 software update.

Later today, the next system software update for PlayStation 4 (version 1.51) will be available. With this minor required update, stability of system software has been improved. In addition, minor refinements to elements of the system UI (such as clearly indicating when a user downloads a game and a game patch at the same time) have been introduced.

In the North American region, automatic downloads for system and game updates are enabled by default when PS4 is in stand-by mode. Once system software update 1.51 is available later tonight, your PS4 will automatically download it, enabling you to update quickly and easily.

• AllforceAllforce Registered User regular

Can you just change that to anything you want then and have it go across during a Real Name request?

I figured it had to have your real name for billing purposes or whatever. I DO like the Real Name shit a lot, I have 2-3 buddies I swapped with and it makes it so much nicer to just see their names pop up instead of their gamertags.

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Is there any way to know when Amazon will get a new supply?

• nusunusu Registered User regular
    You can try keeping an eye on the Amazon games Facebook page, or on their twitter feed: https://twitter.com/amazongames

• vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Amazon had an option to be notified on the Xbone page when they had new ones available (which is tomorrow, FYI), so I assume the order page for Playstation 4 does as well.

vamen on
  • SelectaSelecta Registered User regular
    Hey so did anyone get a bunch of money charged against a credit card they had saved on psn today? Either my account was compromised this afternoon or psn decided that i needed to have exactly $150 on my wallet. Either way it was nonconsensual and while its probably my account i thought id see if maybe there was a bigger breach. I was able to change my password though so i dont understand why someone would get into my account just to make me buy myself playstation bucks.

MNWGRdm.png
    PSN: Hellcore- Steam MWO: Hellcore
  • NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Selecta wrote: »
    Hey so did anyone get a bunch of money charged against a credit card they had saved on psn today? Either my account was compromised this afternoon or psn decided that i needed to have exactly $150 on my wallet. Either way it was nonconsensual and while its probably my account i thought id see if maybe there was a bigger breach. I was able to change my password though so i dont understand why someone would get into my account just to make me buy myself playstation bucks.

No charges here, according to my email records.

• dantreedantree Registered User regular
    I would love for there to be a way to turn off the light on the controller, I think that alone would help with the battery life of the controller. Even some of the power save functions would be great like the PS3 had. My controller drained a bunch last night and I was just watching netflix.

psn: dantree
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    I'd like that, too. Or just to dim it. It's really annoying in a dark room, especially when your SO is trying to sleep nearby.

I might have to find sheets of some of that blackout/dimming film and cut it to size to darken the light on the controller.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    I think a good compromise would be that the light simply turns off if you don't have the camera attached, or if you aren't playing a game that needs to use it for identification or information.

That would make a lot of sense.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    2. You do indeed have to maintain a multiplier score of 3.0 or higher in Resogun in order to save all the humans in the first area. Just having the multiplier score will automatically free the humans, no need to destroy any Keepers. This also explains why I always had a couple of humans just up and die without explanation.

I know the people here will hate me for it, but I just deleted Resogun after reading that.

• FITorionFITorion Registered User regular
    zllehs wrote: »
    Gaikai intergration is coming in early 2014

Along with BC its supposed to bring increased speed to everything
    Sony revealed during its PlayStation 4 announcement that the PS4's cloud service would be provided by Gaikai and that the two companies intend to deliver several cloud-based capabilities on the PS4.

BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY

While the PS4 hardware is not natively backward compatible, Gaikai has expressed interest in providing legacy PlayStation titles on PS4 through Gaikai's cloud streaming service. This service has not been explicitly outlined or confirmed by Sony, but Dave Perry, Gaikai's founder, has stated that Gaikai's technology "is so advanced that some day we could easily [run] PS1, PS2, PS3, and the PS Mobile games on any device, including the PlayStation 4."[1]

INSTANT DEMOS

Gaikai has stated that its streaming technology will be capable of providing instant access to game demos via the PlayStation Store.[2]

REMOTE PLAY

Gaikai will enable PS4 games to be played remotely on the PlayStation Vita. Visit the Remote Play Wiki to learn more about Remote Play. This has proven to be effective and seamless, as developers do not have to do much work for compatibility to work. The process is seamless and though not without it's bugs is overall smooth and enjoyable.

SOCIAL GAMING AND STREAMING GAMEPLAY

According to Gaikai, its cloud streaming service will allow players to stream live gampelay from their PS4 to a friend's TV. Players will also be able to take over a friend's game remotely in the case that they need help overcoming a difficult portion of a game.[3]

SHARING

With the addition of the DualShock 4's share button, Gaikai can enable players to upload videos and screenshots to social networks such as Facebook and Ustream.

Gaikai and the ability it will provide for me to play The Last of Us is the entire reason I bought a PS4. I did not own a PS3 and sure as heck wasn't going to buy one with the PS4 coming out. If only they made a PC version I wouldn't have to stoop to using a console.

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    I am really curious if Gaikai works well or not.

Like the Kinect, I am waiting to see it in action before I believe it.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Whenever I see Gaikai, I read It as Gaiking.

• DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I'm pretty desperate for more details on Gaikai. It's kinda painful having all the OS features I want on one console, and my massive game library on the other.

• AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    dantree wrote: »
    I would love for there to be a way to turn off the light on the controller, I think that alone would help with the battery life of the controller. Even some of the power save functions would be great like the PS3 had. My controller drained a bunch last night and I was just watching netflix.

Set that thing to shut off after 10 minutes of no use. It's in the settings somewhere.

• dantreedantree Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Allforce wrote: »
    dantree wrote: »

Set that thing to shut off after 10 minutes of no use. It's in the settings somewhere.

All I could find was a way to turn off the controller outright, nothing for power saving.

Edit: It helps if you look in the right place, still wish you could turn off the light if not wanted/needed, but I found the power save section.

dantree on
    psn: dantree
  • zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    Allforce wrote: »

Can you just change that to anything you want then and have it go across during a Real Name request?

I figured it had to have your real name for billing purposes or whatever. I DO like the Real Name shit a lot, I have 2-3 buddies I swapped with and it makes it so much nicer to just see their names pop up instead of their gamertags.

Your real name can be whatever you want it to be

• DracilDracil Registered User regular
    Hmm, does initial remote play set up require that both the PS4/Vita be on the same wifi network or within range for direct connection?

Just spent 10 minutes or so trying to set it up with my girlfriend from our respective houses and it couldn't get them to connect. Not sure if it's because of above reason or if I need to do some port forwarding.

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Joey Joe Joe Jr. Shabadoo

• The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Joey Joe Joe Jr. Shabadoo
    That's the worst name I've ever heard in my life.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
    edited November 2013
    YES!

Amazon is gonna come through for me first it seems. I pestered a CS rep after reading this thread: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-4-Support/Broken-PS4-from-Amazon-Look-Here/td-p/42142933/highlight/false and giving them the line of: "I was told you had a special replacement and return policy for broken PlayStation 4's. I would like to make sure mine is a part of that replacement policy."

At first the person was a little bit backpedaling, but I brought up that I was promised a replacement unit SUNDAY and it had been nigh on three business days without even an email regarding it. The most damning part was that thread shows a screenshot of someone having a specific 'replacement PS4' order in their Order List. They very quickly changed their tune once they read the transcript! Got that taken care of, got it where the UPS guy who delivers the replacement will also bring a shipping label and then take the defective one with him.

AND I got $10 Amazon credit out of them for having to wait so long without a word.

PS: It'll be here Thursday.

Arthil on
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    So this guy lost his house to a tornado but his PS4 survived:

ps42.jpg

And Sony Santa Monica responded on reddit with this:
    To the poster, or anyone who may know the man pictured here, we would like to make his day a helluva lot better. Please drop us a line at SonySantaMonica@gmail.com or @SonySantaMonica if you can help us get in contact with him or his Facebook feed. Much appreciated!

That's pretty awesome.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
    My PS4 just automatically downloaded 1.51 and then it took only like ten seconds to install

Have I mentioned I love this shit yet

... New home bought and paid for by Sony, and filled with top of the line Sony products?

A Kratos statue

• LutExIVLutExIV Thieves Guild Chairman In the ShadowsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Kratos comes and rebuilds his house, fills it with top of the line Sony products, and then takes bloody revenge on the tornado.

Edit: The revenge sequence will be live streamed on Twitch...

LutExIV on
    26965406221_865f825658.jpg
    Steam/PSN/XBox Live:LutExIV
This discussion has been closed.