As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MOTW 11/20/13: Do you want to rob the place?

TexiKenTexiKen Dammit!That fish really got me!Registered User regular
Avengers #23, space justice, space style.
avengers23a_zpseb224808.jpg

avengers23b_zpsd5174af7.jpg

avengers23c_zps16da4d52.jpg

avengers23d_zps4ef52b23.jpg

I did like Black Dwarf's speech. Oh well.

Uncanny X-Men #14, Emma gets back to being a good teacher:
uncannyxmen14a_zps78fd01dd.jpg

uncannyxmen14b_zps75dca20b.jpg

uncannyxmen14c_zpsfda28321.jpg

uncannyxmen14d_zpsa9aa7030.jpg

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    I'm glad someone else posted those Avengers panels.

Totally my MOTW. Might be moment of the Infinity event for me.

Undead Scottsman on
  • AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Tex, you almost had mine with Uncanny X-Men, but I wouldn't have chosen that scene, rather I'd have gone with a variety of panels from throughout the book. I don't want to post them since you posted so much, but it would have been...
    1) Scott Summers is a dick, with the panel of him throwing Ben back down the hill.
    2) Emma takes Ben under her wing, using a number of panels from what you posted
    3) Scott Summers is a bigger dick, showing his letter
    4) Scott Summers is actually a decent teacher, showing the whole thing was done as a way to spur Ben to grow as both a mutant and a person.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Cataclysm Ultimates was fun. It was nice seeing an old thread from the Ultimate Vision mini-series re-surface.

H9f4bVe.png
  • AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Longshot Saves The Marvel Universe #2: Longshot (attempts to) save a helicarrier
    E64iiCQ.jpg
    CamnEhf.jpg
    LXxkokQ.jpg

AtomicTofu on
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    As cool as that Avengers beatdown is, my eyes can't help but be drawn to Natasha's cleavage. WTF.

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    Cataclysm Ultimates was fun. It was nice seeing an old thread from the Ultimate Vision mini-series re-surface.

Did that happen to be
    the super weapon Reed built to scare off the Gah Lak Tus wave and was never brought up again?

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    I kind just want to read a book about
    Ronan, Kl'rt, Gladiator and Annihilus kicking the shit out of space-gods.

Annihilus is the wildcard.

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »

Did that happen to be
    the super weapon Reed built to scare off the Gah Lak Tus wave and was never brought up again?

Nah.
    It was Ultimate Modok - the version that Vision fought. He was first introduced as George Tarleton of AIM, a human cyborg who infused Gah Lak Tus tech into himself and transformed into a monster under Gah Lak Tus' influence. At the end of the book his body was destroyed and he was left as just a head, albeit still-mobile and deadly.

He re-appears along with AIM and the Gah Lak Tus cult from the original Ultimate Nightmare trilogy, which was another neat element that hadn't been heard from 'til now.

Reed's space-gun was probably disassembled and was really only useful for blasting stuff out of orbit anyway, but it definitely sounds like Reed will be brought in to help later on.

A lot of times during this story I've gone 'what the hell is Annihilus even doing there with all the heroes, he tried to kill the universe too, come on guys.'

But yeah... it's pretty great to see him fighting.

H9f4bVe.png
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular

So, basically
    Annihilators vol. 2

A lot of times during this story I've gone 'what the hell is Annihilus even doing there with all the heroes, he tried to kill the universe too, come on guys.'

But yeah... it's pretty great to see him fighting.

That was 100% my stance on that.

"Why is he helping you? He hates the postiive universe! Why are you letting him help? He conducted the bloodiest war creation had seen since Thanos murdered half the universe!

But seeing Black Dwarf call him "some dead thing from another place and time" I was totally down for seeing him kick some ass alongside the other three.

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Wasn't
    Annihilous' very nature changed in hickmans ff?

Quire.jpg
  • Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Holy God, is Longshot trying to cosplay Wolverine?

kyrcl.png
    edited November 2013
    Wasn't
    Annihilous' very nature changed in hickmans ff?
    I know they toilet trained him, but Johnny had him on a leash for the whole time so I don't think he'd be especially kindly disposed to the positive matter universe. Maybe his heart grew three sizes when the Negative Zone voted for him to become supreme despot again.

That whole arc seemed to be played mostly for laughs though, I don't know how much of it should be taken seriously.
    So, basically
    Annihilators vol. 2

With, like,
    the 'Annihil' part in bold.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Matt Fraction's stickey-notes over text boxes of 'we didn't get the rights to Use Fat Bottom Girls, so here's commentary' in Sex Criminals is my comedy moment of the week.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • AmiguAmigu Registered User regular
    That Uncanny X-Men art is lush I'm going to check the series out.

BitD PbP Character Volstrom
    QEz1Jw1.png