As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wolfcomics II: Son of Wolfcomics

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    If I were a lady I would be such a dirty slut.

Good lord.

So you wouldn't change a thing about yourself, is what you're saying?

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Also, as an aside, a moody skagerrak and hangovers don't mix well.
    Before I looked it up I was trying to guess whether a skagerrak was an animal or some kind of drink.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular

Good lord.
    I don't see what's stopping you now.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013

Good lord.
    I don't see what's stopping you now.

it takes two (and more) to slut

Brolo on
  • Options
    Darius123Darius123 Registered User regular
    Snowbeat wrote: »
    i'm going to say that even if it is zombies, we're not going to see them for a good long while. the set-up is focusing on a single isolated island which hasn't had an infection yet, so it seems like it'll be about a community trying to survive on its own

Part of me hopes that we never get to find out exactly what the nature of the disaster is

But if we do, I'm really hoping it's not zombies

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Snowbeat wrote: »
    i'm going to say that even if it is zombies, we're not going to see them for a good long while. the set-up is focusing on a single isolated island which hasn't had an infection yet, so it seems like it'll be about a community trying to survive on its own
    Well I think less so a single isolated island and more just the general isolation that is most of Scandinavia. (Hurray for relatively low population densities,I guess.) Unless like they're on one of the Danish islands or something.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    fuckin' awesome mary worth right here.

i131119maryworth.jpg

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I'm that dude.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    I'm that dude.

Well then what the hell is your problem dude? That lady didn't do nothing to no-one.

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Pushing complete strangers in the damn park, the nerve of some people.

Hermano on

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Hermano wrote: »
    TheStig wrote: »
    I'm that dude.

Well then what the hell is your problem dude? That lady didn't do nothing to no-one.

She was walking off with his purse!

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Oh well, that's understandable then. I'd want to give her a good shove too.

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Shen wrote: »
    Kana wrote: »
    So if anyone's in the mood for a different kind of story, Octave is a very Japanese but very, very cutting story about female objectification and exploitation. It's got sex'n'stuff though, so nsfw.
    Two volumes in and the main character's views of herself and sexuality in general are so messed up by her culture that she's only now starting to realize she's a lesbian. Like up until now she's just assumed that even though she's never been attracted to a man eventually Mr. Perfect will come along and she'll get married and be a wife and everything will finally fit together for her. This even as she's regularly having sex with a woman she loves.

Didn't realise it was you with the new avatar :P Really enjoyed it, particularly the way everyone kept kicking the protagonist's ass when she started doing that bullshit self-absorbed thing so many main characters do in stories like this.

Know where I might buy a volume or two of this? It's worth supporting the author.

I have been enjoying it too, but good god is it stressful. I'm constantly torn between not daring to read the next page and wanting to power through them to have the drama resolved faster. This thing had better have a happy ending!

Vic on
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    2013-11-21-530-DearSamus.jpg

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    fuckin' awesome mary worth right here.

i131119maryworth.jpg

They Do It Every Time...

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    The first people we saw where in a small village in the inner parts of some fjord, and the weather is shit.

A decent handful of those places got isolated because we had a good bit of rain just now. Being on the mainland doesn't help when a rockslide takes out the road.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Vic wrote: »
    Shen wrote: »
    Kana wrote: »
    So if anyone's in the mood for a different kind of story, Octave is a very Japanese but very, very cutting story about female objectification and exploitation. It's got sex'n'stuff though, so nsfw.
    Two volumes in and the main character's views of herself and sexuality in general are so messed up by her culture that she's only now starting to realize she's a lesbian. Like up until now she's just assumed that even though she's never been attracted to a man eventually Mr. Perfect will come along and she'll get married and be a wife and everything will finally fit together for her. This even as she's regularly having sex with a woman she loves.

Didn't realise it was you with the new avatar :P Really enjoyed it, particularly the way everyone kept kicking the protagonist's ass when she started doing that bullshit self-absorbed thing so many main characters do in stories like this.

Know where I might buy a volume or two of this? It's worth supporting the author.

I have been enjoying it too, but good god is it stressful. I'm constantly torn between not daring to read the next page and wanting to power through them to have the drama resolved faster. This thing had better have a happy ending!

I just finished it like an hour ago. I really want to write an essay on it, all the romance stuff to the side I think it's one of the best stories I've read just about the constant siege of being a woman in a paternalistic culture. Like any scene where she's alone with a man is fucking nerve-wracking, or when she's at work the only way she's ever complimented or reassured is by talking about her attractiveness. Most stories about a character who's gay but doesn't have any idea tends to make me go, "How the shit could you not figure that out?!", but for her it really, really makes sense.

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    tumblr_mwlt556ijx1qhqxfro1_500.jpg
    tumblr_mwlt556ijx1qhqxfro2_500.jpg
    Sorry about the shitty quality; the panels are iphone pictures XD
    But anyway, I really wanted to start drawing journal comics about living and teaching in Japan, and I had some extra time today.
    I’ve had both 5th and 6th grade classes tell me they love the Shingekis (aka Attack on Titan over here).

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    i hate you

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I'm going to go teach english in japan so I can be the one teacher that hates anime, also I hate kids. Also I'm probably not capable of teaching english.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    XO9gf6m.png

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Haha that's cute

Sometimes I think about doing something crazy like going to teach English to kids in Hong Kong or somewhere for a year

It'd be a fun adventure

But also I'd probably fall into depression and go insane if I was away from my wife for that long because I'm not capable of sustaining my own sense of well-being and I'm provably bad at dealing with culture shock

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    tumblr_mwlt556ijx1qhqxfro1_500.jpg
    tumblr_mwlt556ijx1qhqxfro2_500.jpg
    Sorry about the shitty quality; the panels are iphone pictures XD
    But anyway, I really wanted to start drawing journal comics about living and teaching in Japan, and I had some extra time today.
    I’ve had both 5th and 6th grade classes tell me they love the Shingekis (aka Attack on Titan over here).

Who is this?

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Oh god, I walked into a Wendy's and tried to order McNuggets!

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Also I'd need to learn a conversational level of Chinese and then choose a region that uses the dialect I'd learn

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    TrippyJing wrote: »

Ronnie, kick his ass!

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    TrippyJing wrote: »

YOU CAN NEVER GO BACK THERE

HAHAHA HA HAHA H

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    Who is this?
    Mary Cagle

CorporateLogo on

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    dSV9OzL.png

• Options
    Who is this?
    Mary Cagle

oh, cool

• Options
    edited November 2013
    man i'm bummed

i was saving to go to japan and my gall bladder went bad on me. it's gonna be a while before i can save up the money again

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    No, it's not cool! Nothing has ever been cool!

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    Is anime that ubiquitous in Japan that pretty much everybody is expected to have a favorite, even a foreigner?

• Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    man i'm bummed

i was saving to go to japan and my gall bladder went bad on me. it's gonna be a while before i can save up the money again

sell your gallbladder and use the proceeds to visit Japan

stop off in Hong Kong on the way home to pick up a cheap replacement gallbladder from the Triads

win-win-win across the board

Dongs Galore on
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Anime's more popular in Japan than cartoons are in the west, but it's still stigmatized at least a little bit immature/childish to like anime. I'll bet it's pretty close to the western stigma on video games. (Inquisitor, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. That's just the impression I get)

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    man i'm bummed

sell your gallbladder and use the proceeds to visit Japan

stop off in Hong Kong on the way home to pick up a cheap replacement gallbladder from the Triads

win-win-win across the board

My gall bladder is rotting in a medical waste container somewhere. Though I do kinda like the idea of combining my Hong Kong/Japan trips. I'll bet that'd save at least some money.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    zot asked me to go and teach english in china lol

eh i might do it but not while my gramgrams alive

• Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    have you considered working passage on a freighter to Japan and back

just think how many Whomp strips it could generate in the bargain

• Options
    Krieghund wrote: »
    Is anime that ubiquitous in Japan that pretty much everybody is expected to have a favorite, even a foreigner?

Manga is probably more widespread throughout all demographics than anime. There's anime that breaks into the mainstream, like Shingeki no Kyojin is super popular right now, or Nodame Cantabile, which helped popularize western classical music, but most titles air at like 2 AM at night and depend purely on dvd and merch sales for slim profits. So yeah like Ronnie said, definitely far more than in the west, but it's not like, ever-present or anything.

• Options
    BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    Nodame Cantabile is delightful. I should finish reading/watching it sometime.

vmn6rftb232b.png
This discussion has been closed.