As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PlayStation] - This week: Strider and the Japanese PS4 launch

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    does anyone know things about Madden

my dad likes playing it with me, but his vision isn't very good

is there any way to make the button icons bigger?

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Omg Madden saves in game data so if I shut it off it loads up right where I left off!!

finally!

I don't see any options to make any of the icons bigger though.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    uW9qDVW.jpg?1

System-level closed caption settings, including font size, color, opacity, edge effects, etc.

Really, really nice

I watch everything with subtitles as is, but there's the odd few DVDs in my collection that don't have English subtitles for some reason

What fonts are available?

Comic Sans? Papyrus? Wingdings?

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Comic Sans actually is one of the fonts, yes

All I could think was "why?"

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    uW9qDVW.jpg?1

System-level closed caption settings, including font size, color, opacity, edge effects, etc.

Really, really nice

I watch everything with subtitles as is, but there's the odd few DVDs in my collection that don't have English subtitles for some reason

really? how come?

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    uW9qDVW.jpg?1

Really, really nice

really? how come?

Me personally? It's because I have three kids.

• Options
    ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    I use subtitles a lot because some games are really bad about mixing the dialogue way quieter than the surrounding action

or they do fancy directional audio stuff so if I happen to wander too far from the NPC who's talking I MIGHT MISS THAT I CAN PRess x to jump

imagine that text was getting progressively smaller for effect, I can't figure that out on my phone

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Subtitles are pretty great for everything but stand up comedy.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I totally get why people use subtitles, but I almost never use them because I'm afraid of seeing at the bottom of my screen "Man, this sandwich is pretty delicious, just the right amount of butter and- (EARTH EXPLODES)"

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Dunno if you guys have seen this info yet but I thought it was pretty interesting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGjSJwlHK6M

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Damn, a whole minute to load a Killzone map? And even popping an SSD in there only reduces it to 39 seconds?

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    That's from first buying the disc as well.

It installs as you play which is awesome.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    That's from first buying the disc as well.

It installs as you play which is awesome.

Yeah that play while installing thing is great, no doubts about that.

I may be spoiled by my current p.c., is all. I can load the biggest BF3 maps in under 10 seconds, easy.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Can I still sign up for an Amazon email alert? I cannot find that option for the BF4 bundle or the basic bundle

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    pff, has that cat even seen the launch lineup. Dumb fanboy cat...

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    I just don't know if I want a ps4 right now. I mean, I want one something terrible, but there is exactly one game I want for it-- Black Flag. And the other game I was going to get for it-- Battlefield 4-- is apparently kind of a mess right now on ps4. And I have a half dozen games to finish on ps3, and I really, really want to play Payday 2 on ps3. Although I doubt there will be anyone to play that game with at this point, and it is a co-op game, so I am don't know if that would be a wise purchase.

• Options
    I'm expecting to rent payday 2 at some point soon... I'll play with you

If you don't want any games for the PS4, don't buy one.

It'll still be there in a few months, and possibly cheaper!

• Options
    Oh, sweet!

I can't put my finger on why I want one right now aside from it being the shiny new thing. My awesome wife has been saving our money so she can buy us (mostly me) one, but I don't know what games I would play on it, and that makes me feel horrible.

• Options
    Wanting it just because it's the shiny new thing is perfectly fine

• Options
    Wanting it just because it's the shiny new thing is perfectly fine

this means it is wrong, right?

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    Even though I'm getting one launch day here, I'd say just wait till next march/April when there's more than 3 games out. I'm getting killzone and black flag and trading up ghosts and my friend is getting me BF4 for cheap but Ill probably be playing my ps3 more once I beat those games.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Yeah, Douglas, if you've been saving up there's no reason why you can't hold off for the moment. Infamous will be out in a few months, that looks cool.

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Infamous, Destiny, and Watch Dogs will all be out later, most likely there'll be bundle deals, and the kinks will have been seen to and at least have more info attached

So just set aside that money and enjoy the steam sales

• Options
    I see what you're doing there, Gatsby Newell

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    I have no clue what you're talking about

Now lets talk about knife collections...

• Options
    Hey @DouglasDanger send me a PM or an @ when you're expecting to pickup payday and I'll put it next in my rental queue.

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    i've speculated thus far the game to make me buy a ps4 will be elder scrolls online

maybe that will be crap? I don't mind waiting

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Amazon had a sale, so I bought AC4 for this

sure hope i can find a console next week now

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    If not, just send it to me.

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    So, uh, what do I lose by not setting up uplay for Assassin Creed or Just Dance.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Holy shit! The led on the controller changes color to signify your health in Killzone! The future is now!

• Options
    I don't know if there any downsides to uplay on a console. I think it was the pc version that was crazy drm nightmare.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I think you need uplay set up to play online maybe?

• Options
    So, uh, what do I lose by not setting up uplay for Assassin Creed or Just Dance.

Pretty sure you need to be on Uplay to play the multiplayer

But it's not the intrusive bullshit it is on PC

• Options
    Nope can't do it. I tried, but the extra eula killed it.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    uW9qDVW.jpg?1

Really, really nice

really? how come?

Me personally? It's because I have three kids.

**sound of leather whips cracking**

• Options
    QuestionMarkManQuestionMarkMan Registered User regular
    I got Need for Speed and I am terrible at it.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    I have now bought copies of Assassin's Creed 4 and Battlefield 4 for a console I won't own for at least another week

stupid amazon sale

maybe by then bf4 won't be totally fucked anymore

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    What's wrong with PS4 Battlefield?