As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's Play [XCOM : Enemy Within] Your Planet. Your Fight. Join Today!

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    jdarksun wrote: »
    I was originally trying to spike things by making us start in South America.

But when life offers you engineers, you take engineers.

Also, Ender, how you are you making those awesome graphics?

I'm drawing them in Illustrator.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Not going there to let them take the lead, also if I remember right, their tanks were pretty effective?

Wait, Exalt weaponry is made in Germany, I uh suggest you go elsewhere! We're not quite ready yet. RED LIGHT!

• Options
    Arithon32Arithon32 Member of the Pinquisition Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Germany

Arithon32 on
    vru37z14gk5j.png

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    It's pretty much a clear-cut case right now, Sir, but.

!Germany

• Options
    EvmaAlsarEvmaAlsar Birmingham, EnglandRegistered User regular
    Germany has the best engineers. And we might even pick up a Doktor Merkwürdigliebe!

6YAcQE8.png
    Steam profile - Twitch - YouTube
    Switch: SM-6352-8553-6516
  • Options
    KupotheAvengerKupotheAvenger Destroyer of Cake and other deserts.Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    I hate getting here late.

!SIGN UP!

I'd like to be a pilot. I'm not sure what that entails, but I like blowing stuff up and I have good spatial awareness...so there's that.

KupotheAvenger on
    fc: 1821-9801-1163
    Battlenet: Judgement#1243
    psn: KupoZero

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    !SIGN UP!

How can I say no to an XCOM LP? My screen name is long I know, so "man with a gun" is a perfectly fine substitute. Assault class if its available.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Manchinegun.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    There you go. It's still my favorite soundtrack from Final Fantasy though. :P

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    LETS KILL SOME JERRYS!

What? We're not killing germans? Crap.

LETS KILL SOME BUG EYED THINGS FROM OUTER SPACE!

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Haha, you pasty faced maggot *blah blah blah* but that's the way I see you bugged eye freaaaakkkk *cha cha cha*

Dark colony was pretty fun.
    Edit - after looking at some videos, also very violent.

Retaba on
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    report-7.jpg

MARCH 2ND, 2015. 0500 HOURS.
    OPERATION FROZEN HYMN
    MUNICH, GERMANY
    m2s1.jpg

...BEGIN MISSION RECORDER PLAYBACK...
    DIRECTOR: Delta, report status.
    DELTA-1 "Vegeta": Status yellow. LZ is clear.
    DIRECTOR: Copy that. Proceed with sweep & clear. Also, Delta-1, I have special mission parameters for you: if you happen to come across any Bratwursts, I'm going to need you to collect a large sample.
    DELTA-1 "Vegeta": ...Sir?
    Director: Just do it.
    DELTA-1 "Vegeta": ...Roger that.

m2s2.jpg

DELTA-4 "Notorious": Those are some nice TVs.
    DELTA-1 "Vegeta": ...Eh, I guess. Who even watches those things anymore? ...Woah, HQ, I'm getting some serious headset feedback here. You still read me?
    DIRECTOR: Just barely, Delta-1. We're going to analyze and filter out the noise...

m2s3.jpg

DIRECTOR: ...Lab thinks it might be another one of those ET gel canisters, Delta. Check it out.
    DELTA-1 "Vegeta": Copy that.

m2s4.jpg
    m2s5.jpg

DELTA-1 "Vegeta": Contact!

m2s6.jpg

DELTA-1 "Vegeta": ...Shit. I see the canister, but I lost visual on the ETs.
    DELTA-4 "Notorious": I'm moving in to back you up, Vegeta. Beth, take the rookie into the store and get ready to flank 'em.

m2s7.jpg

DELTA-2 "Bethryn": Bethryn. Jesus.
    DELTA-5 "Anubis": 'The rookie'? Shove it up your ass.

m2s8.jpg

DELTA-1 "Vegeta": I've got movement! Engaging with sidearm!

[Gunfire]

m2s9.jpg

DELTA-1 "Vegeta": Jesus! What the Hell is this thing loaded with, standard-issue BB? They just bounce right off!

[Unknown Weapon Discharge]

m2s10.jpg

DELTA-1 "Vegeta": MotherFUCK!
    DELTA-5 "Anubis": Chill, cowboy. 'The Rookie's got it.

m2s11.jpg
    m2s12.jpg

DELTA-1 "Vegeta": Nice toss, rookie.
    DELTA-5 "Anubis": Go fuck yourself.

m2s13.jpg

DELTA-2 "Bethryn": I'm moving to secure the canister.
    DELTA-1 "Vegeta": Hold-up, Bethryn. We don't where the other--

m2s14.jpg
    m2s15.jpg
    m2s16.jpg

DELTA-2 "Bethryn": Oh, I think I know where the other one is.

m2s17.jpg

DELTA-2 "Bethryn": Area clear.

m2s18.jpg

DIRECTOR: Delta, we've got another reading on exotic materials in your mission area. Just stay frosty and keep doing what you've been doing.
    DELTA-1 "Vegeta": Copy that, HQ. Let's move, Delta.

m2s19.jpg

DELTA-5 "Anubis": Try to keep pace, chunky.
    DELTA-4 "Notorious": ...Girl, YOU try hauling ass with this Goddamn rocket launcher strapped to your--

m2s20.jpg

DELTA-5 "Anubis": Contact!

m2s21.jpg

DELTA-5 "Anubis": ...I see the canister...

m2s22.jpg

DELTA-5 "Anubis": ...But my angle on ET is no good.
    DELTA-1 "Vegeta": Pin 'em back, Delta. Take firing positions.

m2s23.jpg

DELTA-4 "Notorious": What the fuck is that?
    DELTA-1 "Vegeta": You getting this, HQ?
    DIRECTOR: Copy, Delta... [inaudible]... hold on...

m2s24.jpg

DIRECTOR: ...Lab thinks it's some kind of KE barrier, Delta. Recommend shooting at the ET at it's source if you can.
    DELTA-1 "Vegeta": ...Ack. I don't have an angle on that one...

m2s25.jpg

DELTA-1 "Vegeta": ...Kinetic barrier, eh?

m2s26.jpg

DELTA-1 "Vegeta": Kinetic barrier what, baby.
    DELTA-2 "Bethryn": I've got his pal.

m2s27.jpg
    m2s28.jpg

DIRECTOR: ..what? [inaudible] ...calm down you fucking [inaudible] ...'restraint'? you want to lecture about 'restraint', you can do it on your own to Delta's faces when they get back to HQ

m2s29.jpg

DELTA-4 "Notorious": Zone is mopped, HQ. We've got ourselves a sample from the canister--
    DELTA-1 "Vegeta": Notorious, what's that in your... oh shit.
    DIRECTOR: Problem, Delta?
    DELTA-1 "Vegeta": We've secured our Bratwursts, HQ.
    DELTA-4 "Notorious": 'Our' Bratwursts? Ah Hell no. You can find your own Goddamn--

m2s30.jpg
    m2s31.jpg

DELTA-5 "Anubis": CONTACT! CONTACT!

m2s32.jpg

DELTA-5 "Anubis": I've got no angle!
    DELTA-1 "Vegeta": Well, let's see if i can get one.

m2s33.jpg
    m2s34.jpg
    m2s35.jpg

DELTA-4 "Notorious": They're doing that... thing. Again.

m2s36.jpg

DELTA-4 "Notorious": Watch it!

m2s37.jpg

DELTA-1 "Vegeta": Jesus Christ! Those fucking guns!
    DELTA-5 "Anubis": Do you have a shot?

m2s38.jpg

DELTA-1 "Vegeta": ...Well...

m2s39.jpg
    m2s40.jpg

DELTA-1 "Vegeta": Don't worry about wearing-out my back, Delta. I ate my greens when I was a kid.

...RECORDER PLAYBACK ENDS...

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    The Slingshot DLC is up for sale for 2 bucks, if anyone doesn't have it yet. I finally decided to pick it up, lol.

*Edit for DERPness - it's on sale at GreenManGaming.

DarkMecha on
    Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    chunks.jpg

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    Ahhh hell...
    !SignUp
    Hot shot Interceptor pilot. Maybe I'll avoid the side of the mountain this time...

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    EvmaAlsarEvmaAlsar Birmingham, EnglandRegistered User regular
    This is fantastic.

Not to make suggestions above my own station or anything, but should we have the option of responding to an incident in the United Kingdom, I request we secure some Tetley's tea.

The stuff at base leaves a lot to be desired.

6YAcQE8.png
    Steam profile - Twitch - YouTube
    Switch: SM-6352-8553-6516
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    So... the inexperienced Rookie got the most contacts?

I shall only assume that my fellow team members didn't have my enthusiasm for engaging the alien menace instead of just sending me out first to let the fresh meat take the first plasma shots.

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular

!SignUp
    I would like to be a big stompy robot person, Support or Assault :)

• Options
    exalt1.jpg

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    KupotheAvengerKupotheAvenger Destroyer of Cake and other deserts.Registered User regular
    Top notch graphics Ender. I'm enjoying this far more than I should. My only wish is to get to take the fight to those alien buggers.

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    Dear Dr. Laura Arden,

If you are reading this, your welcome.

Sincerely,
    <<Redacted>>
    XCOM Operative

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    report-8.jpg

meld.jpg

research-1.jpg

DIRECTOR'S LOG
    MARCH 9TH, 2015

The Lab completed work today on what it's calling 'Meld': the gel substance we've found stowed in ET canisters. Some kind of bio-mechanical paste...

They think we could use it to graft volunteers onto robotic heavy weapons platforms and / or develop radical bio-molecular enhancements. XCOM management is still debating both the merits and ethics of these potential applications; I'm on the fence, but engineering has shown me schematics of the weapons platform they intend to fabricate, and I have to say that I'm impressed.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    report-9.jpg

panic-1.jpg

DIRECTOR'S LOG
    MARCH 9TH, 2015

The delegates from Egypt are pissed. I don't blame them; Cairo got mauled, and HQ-PRIME had the floor mopped with it's strike team when they arrived.

They just need to hang-in there a little longer, while we get on our feet.

Our UFO interdiction capabilities are shallow and need improving; fir and foremost, that means being able to see them when they slow down enough to be vulnerable to attack. I told engineering to commission as many high atmosphere early warning systems as they could.

buy-1.jpg

We had low-cost lesson at the beginning of the month, at Delta-3's expense. The girl's fine - just laid-up for a few days while the bruising and minor burns heal - and i don't want to take low cost lessons for granted, so i also had engineering commission some field emergency medical equipment. We don't need to lose experienced personnel to injuries that could've been treated.

buy-2.jpg

There's no polite way to say it: the incentive program sucks. I take it as a personal insult that i am not trusted with XCOM's resources, and worse, I have to go pleading to some bottom feeding asshole to get more support.

It is what it is, though, and we do need the support. i had to inform the lab today that our ET specimens were all shipped-out to increase our 'budget'.

sale-1.jpg

They were not happy.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    report-10.jpg

DIRECTOR'S LOG
    MARCH 14TH, 2015

The decision was made today: volunteers withstanding, XCOM's combat assets will now include Meld enhanced personnel. I gave the green light for engineering to begin construction of what they're calling a 'cybernetics lab' this morning.

cyberlab.jpg

We'll have to see--

WARNING!

WARNING!

UFO ON DETECTED ON SCOPE! INTERCEPTION PARAMETERS MET!

Shit.

ufoc1s1.jpg

Director: Raven-1, report status.
    RAVEN-1 "GOUMINDONG": Pre-flight checks complete. All systems green. Awaiting launch clearance.

ufoc1s2.jpg

Director: Clearance granted, Raven-1. You are go for launch; repeat, launch is a go. Good hunting.
    RAVEN-1 "GOUMINDONG": Roger that, HQ.

ufoc1s3.jpg

RAVEN-1 "GOUMINDONG": Radar contact. Target is entering weapon's envelope; requesting permission to engage.
    Director: You are weapons free, Raven-1. Fire at will.

ufoc1s4.jpg
    ufoc1s5.jpg

RAVEN-1 "GOUMINDONG": Splash one, HQ, splash one! Bogey is heading for the deck!
    Director: FUCK YEAH! ...Good shooting, Raven-1. RTB. Skyranger platform, signal Delta; tell them to suit-up. We've got a smashed space ship to impound.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    Sure, German engineers are great at cars, but what's their track record on wars, eh?

Winning them, or starting them?

• Options
    klemming wrote: »
    Sure, German engineers are great at cars, but what's their track record on wars, eh?

Winning them, or starting them?

Germany's catalogue of wars since the Romans
    The only points that really matter are from about 1800 to present day. Germany wasn't really a country until then.
    Helped defeat Napoleon, Unification Wars, Held its own against Britain, France and Russia in both World Wars and only losing because America has so got damn much stuff.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    Good work Delta! Now, if someone could cart one of those little grey corpses to the infirmary so I can hollow out it's skull, I'd appreciate it.

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    Stranger DangerStranger Danger Registered User regular
    Is it too late to Sign Up! as a Exalt Operative or even a Terror Mission Civilian?

• Options
    BaskeBaske Registered User regular
    MegaMek wrote: »
    Good work Delta! Now, if someone could cart one of those little grey corpses to the infirmary so I can hollow out it's skull, I'd appreciate it.

The Chinese are paying top dollar for grey skins! Something about exploring their medicinal value...

• Options
    ./chinese accent

grey skin eyes give great male potency... (confidingly) I've used it for years. ;)

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    The Ender wrote: »
    exalt1.jpg

Plan... Morgan?

Merciful god in heaven.

We can only hope the pronoun is accurate. The alternative is even more horrible to contemplate.

As for the remainder of the conflict, Commander, we are viewing your reports with... interest. Do not disappoint us.

Good luck.

• Options
    Is that EXALT? Is that us? Wheee!

• Options
    Retaba wrote: »
    Is that EXALT? Is that us? Wheee!

Are you sure you're an EXALT Operative? Surely you recognise the logo of your own organisation without having to ask.

• Options
    Look, orientation involved learning when and where to insert a needle into my neck.

I'm scared of needles so I may of missed some things.

• Options
    Look, orientation involved learning when and where to insert a needle into my neck.

Also...picking out your swanky outfit must've been pretty distracting. How is it none of you dapper folk have a tribly?

• Options
    edited November 2013

Also...picking out your swanky outfit must've been pretty distracting. How is it none of you dapper folk have a tribly?

Have you seen the storage area? XCOM apparently bought an infinite amount of trilbies for the troops.

So the next time you hear the Commander moan about how he's short on funds, just remember that's only because he blew all of XCOM's cash on hats.

After all, who really believes an international council of nations is only willing to spare about a 100 bucks on planetary defense?

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    Excellent fashion was one of the high selling points! Also, good looking guns.

Well that and the genetic augmentations, gonna get so alien swole.

• Options

Have you seen the storage area? XCOM apparently bought an infinite amount of trilbies for the troops.

So the next time you hear the Commander moan about how he's short on funds, just remember that's only because he blew all of XCOM's cash on hats.

After all, who really believes an international council of nation are only willing to spare about a 100 bucks on planetary defense?

So the international council of nations bought out the entire hat supply to deprive EXALT of full dapperness? That's some terrorist level stuff. Not since the Mann Incident have we seen this kind of hatastrophe.

I should stop before I'm executed for puns against humanity.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    report-11.jpg
    MARCH 14TH, 2015. 2000 HOURS.
    OPERATION UNCEASING FIST
    FUKUOKA, JAPAN
    s1.jpg

...BEGIN MISSION RECORDER PLAYBACK...
    s2.jpg

DELTA-1 "Vegeta": ...LZ is clear. No sign of the vehicle's driver or any passengers, no sign of ET, no visual on the UFO. Status remains yellow.
    DELTA-4 "Notorious": I still can't believe I'm out here with Jack Rizzi Johnson. Holy shit, nobody is going to believe me.
    DELTA-6 "Rizzi": It's no big deal, man.
    DELTA-4 "Notorious": You kidding me? Biggest fuckin' deal of my life! I've never met a single celeb before; not even just passing by.

s3.jpg

Director: Delta, we've got a spectrometer reading consistent with a Meld cache. Move in and secure it.
    DELTA-1 "Vegeta": Copy that, HQ.

s4.jpg

DELTA-4 "Notorious": I've got a visual on the--shit! Movement!

s5.jpg

DELTA-1 "Vegeta": I see them! Contact! Contact!

s6.jpg

DELTA-1 "Vegeta": Fuck. Push in, Delta; they're in a bad spot and I'd like it to stay that way.
    DELTA-2 "Bethryn": Roger.
    DELTA-4 "Notorious": Roger.
    DELTA-6 "Rizzi": Roger.

s7A.jpg
    s7.jpg
    s8.jpg
    s9.jpg

DELTA-1 "Vegeta": Light him up!

s10.jpg
    s11.jpg
    s12.jpg
    s13.jpg

DELTA-6 "Rizzi": Holy shit! Look at it move!
    DELTA-2 "Bethryn": Incoming!

s14.jpg

DELTA-1 "Vegeta": Goddammit!
    DELTA-2 "Bethryn": I've got you covered!

s15.jpg
    s16.jpg
    s17.jpg

DELTA-2 "Bethryn": Tagged him... fuck. He's still up.

s18.jpg
    s19.jpg

DELTA-1 "Vegeta": ...Nope.
    DELTA-4 "Notorious": We clear?
    DELTA-1 "Vegeta": I don't see anything else moving.

s20.jpg

DELTA-2 "Bethryn": I think I can see a Meld can over--
    DELTA-6 "Rizzi": Beth! Behind you!

s21.jpg

DELTA-6 "Rizzi": Contacts! 3 of them!
    DELTA-2 "Bethryn": Fuck my life... I'm re-positioning, cover me!

s22.jpg
    s23.jpg

DELTA-2 "Bethryn": HQ, we have a new ET contact. You getting this?
    Director: Copy that, Delta-2; we're running a scan now...

s24.jpg

Director: ...Christ... Delta-2, that ET matches the signature of the one that single-handedly wiped-out HQ-PRIME's strike team in Cairo. I want you to pull back from that position and--

s25.jpg

DELTA-2 "Bethryn": Handled.
    Director: ...
    DELTA-2 "Bethryn": Rizzi, you going to bag that thing or what?

s26.jpg

DELTA-2 "Bethryn": *Shakes head*
    DELTA-6 "Rizzi": I swear to fucking God, I have never seen anything that can--
    DELTA-1 "Vegeta": Watch it!

s27.jpg

DELTA-6 "Rizzi": OOoomph

s28.jpg

DELTA-6 "Rizzi": ...Hell...
    DELTA-4 "Notorious": Johnson! You hit!?
    DELTA-6 "Rizzi": ...Not bad. Kevlar took it.

s29.jpg
    s30.jpg

DELTA-6 "Rizzi": Dodge that, motherfucker.

s31.jpg

...MISSION RECORDER PLAYBACK ENDS...

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage