As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Superhero Ethics 101: Hit It With A Hammer

19495969798100»

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    My only experience with Moon Knight is in Marvel Ultimate Alliance, and he was hot garbage in that. Poorly modeled and animated, too.

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Not a fan of Ellis doing superheroes.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I really love Moon Knight and Ellis wrote him really well in Secret Avengers and Shavley is one of my favorite artists so hell fuckin yeah I'm down

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    1385130410.jpg
    Holy SHIT

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Yup yes okay

I am not always an ellis fan but he writes a good marc

• Options
    Ellis also says he will be moving away from the multiple personalities aspect of the character and focus on "street-level weird crime."

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    All these recent reveals are great comic books are great

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Who's this Moon Knight chap then? Also I really liked Planetary but that's all I know about Warren Ellis.

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    I will never not love Ellis' run on Thunderbolts and if he can make me care about the Steel Spider and American Eagle, I'm sure he'll do quite well with Moon Knight.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Hermano wrote: »
    Who's this Moon Knight chap then? Also I really liked Planetary but that's all I know about Warren Ellis.
    Marc Spector, Ex-mercenary former werewolf hunter who died and was ressurected by the Egyptian god Khonshu. He is also very unbalanced and has had multiple personalities.

Ellis says his goal is to unite all the previous versions and present a crazy, but not multiple personality, Moon Knight that tackles everything from a serial killer sniper to a murderous ghost.

He will also try and paint Marc as a more "urban legend-y" figure, with stories that are about him, but not necessarily starring him.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    That sounds interesting, what existing Moon Knight books would you recommend?

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    There's some real good stuff from the 80s by Bill Sienkiewiciz(?).

There was a relaunch in the mid-2000s that I wasnt a huge fan of but people like it, it had MK at his absolute rock bottom and was super grim.

Vengeance of the Moon Knight had some pretty cool stories.

Bendis' recent run was a new interpretation of his mental isses (he had imaginary Cap, Spidey and Wolverine arguing in his head) and I enjoyed it even if it was a bit of a departure.

If you want to read Ellis writing Moon Knight, pick up his Secret Avengers trade, which is great outside of one issue with a horribly out of character Captain America.

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    There is nothing I do not love about that art.

And Warren Ellis on a fairly abscure character? But established enough that Warren can't go completly up his own ass?

I....I think this might be perfect.

• Options
    Oddly enough it seems like Ellis is a genuine Moon Knight fan. He says in the 80s the only two superhero books he was picking up regularly were Miller's Daredevil and Sienkiewiciz' Moon Knight and that he has always thought the character is super interesting.
    “The man is demented in more interesting ways than I think Batman ever was,” he said by phone from his home in Southend-on-Sea, England, in a conversation punctuated with laughs and coughs. “[His] cape is actually a crescent moon and he goes out only at night and dresses in reflective white so you can see him coming. Now that’s nuts…. I like that.”

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Hmm.... The only thing I knew about Moon Knight (besides his outfit/gear) was from an old trading card that said his power waxes and wanes with the moon.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Bendis' moon knight run was so promising

And then nothing really happened after the first couple issues

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    My only experience with Moon Knight is in Marvel Ultimate Alliance, and he was hot garbage in that. Poorly modeled and animated, too.

Unless my memory is failing me, I thought he was brokenly overpowered in that game? His nunchuck attack annihilated basically everything until you ran out of energy, and his Extreme attack was one of the strongest in the game as long as you weren't in a wide-open area.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    Renzo wrote: »

Unless my memory is failing me, I thought he was brokenly overpowered in that game? His nunchuck attack annihilated basically everything until you ran out of energy, and his Extreme attack was one of the strongest in the game as long as you weren't in a wide-open area.

It may have been his appearance that totally turned me off the character, but I think you're right that he was super-overpowered. In a game full of overpowered characters.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Weird how the brain works, I just remembered the first time I saw Moon Knight in a comic. Back in the 80s, in an Iron Man issue that I had for some reason.

Both in their civilian alter egos before they knew of each other, then kind of running away separately so that they can change into their gear and save the day.

This discussion has been closed.