As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NBA] Thread - Playoffs for the next 4 months!

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    winning this week by 2 assists

I'll take it

• Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    Also this is not news but I think that Anthony Davis has a future in the NBA, yes I do.

Let's just hope he doesn't leave the Pelicans at the end of his rookie contract. That dude can play, I'd hate to see him leave.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    TheBigEasy wrote: »
    Also this is not news but I think that Anthony Davis has a future in the NBA, yes I do.

Let's just hope he doesn't leave the Pelicans at the end of his rookie contract. That dude can play, I'd hate to see him leave.

No one leaves at the end of their rookie contract voluntary. The difference in pay compared to resigning for a max deal is enough to set yourself and your whole family up for life.

Literally no player offered the max to resign has turned it down.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Butters wrote: »

No one leaves at the end of their rookie contract voluntary. The difference in pay compared to resigning for a max deal is enough to set yourself and your whole family up for life.

Well, yeah. You got a point. And Davis will most likely command a max deal, if he doesn't pull a Greg Oden anytime soon.

• Options
    The Knicks comedy never ends. New York, whom does not possess a single asset worth building around long term or a first round draft pick until 2018, have reached out to the Boston Celtics regarding Rajon Rondo.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I think Dolan might be the worst owner in sports. The man is delusional.

At least Sterling and the like are pretty up front about being evil assholes who don't give a shit about winning as long as they're making money off the team. But Dolan doesn't have the slightest of clues in his head.

• Options
    simosimo Registered User regular
    yeah i have no idea what their pitch is

shumpert is their only decent asset, they have no picks to deal, and it's not like they can take on gerald wallace's shitty contract and send back some expirings, because they have no expirings making more than the minimum

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Dolan needs to develop more interest in hockey. Let him fuck with the Rangers more and leave the Knicks alone.

• Options
    Maybe Dolan makes trades on NBA2K and figures by the games logic, a Iman Shumpert/Beno Udrich/Toure Murray for Rondo trade makes sense.

"MY XBOX GAME FUCKING ACCEPTED IT. MAKE IT HAPPEN OR I EXTEND JR SMITH ANOTHER 4 YEARS!"

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Ugh, really want to add Wilson Chandler but I don't want to drop anyone.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Ugh, really want to add Wilson Chandler but I don't want to drop anyone.

You're in last place my dude, make the moves, all of the moves.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Butters wrote: »

Well, yeah. You got a point. And Davis will most likely command a max deal, if he doesn't pull a Greg Oden anytime soon.

Davis looks way too fluid and graceful to pull an Oden

Even if he has to go through like, microfracture surgery, we've advanced enough medically that people like Blake Griffin can still play above the rim and shit afterwards

Oden's body was just awfully put together (one leg is like two inches shorter than the other, sucks to be him)

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Klay Thompson is like a dead ringer for that blue dude in Prometheus

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    y2jake215 wrote: »

This will never make it past the pilot.

• Options
    it will be hard to make the overhead and it will probably just fall

• Options
    Maximum wrote: »

This will never make it past the pilot.

Yeah Strahan may have gotten his lousy sitcom but he was retired and people actually like Michael Strahan.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Part of me hopes it gets made just to see who he casts as himself and who he casts as Lebron.

I can imagine Michael Jai White, with special guest Jaleel White starring as Lebort James.

Maximum on
  • Options
    it would help if Wade narrated like Chris Rock did for his sitcom

• Options
    I probably should have waited to pick up Tony Allen because he's being suspended for kicking CP3 in the face.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Because....because he flops a lot...

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular

Well we can definitely assume it won't age well.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    My team will be ok. I'm in last place now but it's a long season... Right?

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Yeah, when Kobe comes back you'll be fine.

kQuEPjf.gif

• Options
    I hope Kobe aims to make Jodie Meeks and Xavier Henry better because that might be there only chance

• Options
    Xehalus wrote: »
    I hope Kobe aims to make Jodie Meeks and Xavier Henry better because that might be there only chance

hahahahaha

• Options
    Because Kobe is widely regarded as a mentor of others.

• Options
    I just want Kobe to come back soon, so I can see him choke Nick Young to death for not passing the ball.

• Options
    Xehalus wrote: »

There only chance for what? Everybody but the Lakers themselves has realized they are going nowhere this year. They should trade Pau, let Kobe rest until spring and blow this thing up. But then again - I don't want them to get something good out of the draft and actually get better, so ... go Lakers!

In other news. How long until Kidd gets fired in Brooklyn?

• Options
    Firing Kidd isn't going to get Deron Williams on the court any faster or make KG and Peirce any younger.

• Options
    Since when are coach firing ever logical?

Also. Fun fact. Sacramento, 2nd to last in the Wester conference has the same record as No. 8, Detroit, in the East. That is just mind boggling.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    kobe's been watching smush parker tape in order to mentally prepare himself

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Maximum wrote: »
    I probably should have waited to pick up Tony Allen because he's being suspended for kicking CP3 in the face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lm76UTmlDg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-v95KdFLI3cc/Uorlbo4DqZI/AAAAAAAAAHw/bBnKOwsmY-c/s1600/cp3kicked.gif

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    You better link that 15MB gif @Elldren if you don't want to get infracted.

• Options
    who is this Pau Gasol

• Options
    kobe's been watching smush parker tape in order to mentally prepare himself

the kobe-smush anti-bromance is always good for a laugh

• Options
    the white guy from Tokyo Drift is an okay PG

• Options
    so how fast is kidd gonna get fired as HC

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Nevermind that shit, Rose left tonight's game with another knee injury.

• Options
    also: Monta Ellis lives!

This discussion has been closed.